77media

77media PRO

I have videos displayed on a series of pages (using an iframe) on a website and over the past week or so have been getting "Sorry there was an issue with playback" message randomly on some of the videos. The site has been in use since March and code-wise nothing has changed since then. Was wondering if Vimeo is having issues. Any help trying to figure this out would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link me to the page please?

Mark

Mark Staff

This seems to be working fine, but i'll pass it along to our developers.

77media

77media PRO

Any word back from you developers? Still sporadically running into this issue.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry, we are still looking into this issue. Thank you for your patience.

77media

77media PRO

Any additional news? The problem is still happening - still sporadic, but there appears to be a video that is happens pretty consistently on. I can send you log in and password info if you think that would be helpful to look at.

Mark

Mark Staff

No news, yet, sorry.

Is this only happening in Safari? Or other browsers as well?

77media

77media PRO

I definitely know it is happening in IE and Safari. I am not 100% sure about Chrome or FF, but with the number of people who have reported the issue to us I am assuming that it is across the board.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, thanks for the information

77media

77media PRO

Any news? Still having the issue.

Science Buzz

Science Buzz Plus

Same issue here. We use Vimeo on museum kiosks, so the pages aren't accessible out of our network, but the error looks like this: i.imgur.com/okJBw6L.jpg

The kiosks are running Google Chrome (in kiosk mode) on Windows 7.

Science Buzz

Science Buzz Plus

Okay, I think this has to do with our network connection here, not Vimeo. Now I'm getting an error like this - i.imgur.com/surZjET.jpg ("A network change was detected," a Chrome error). Carry on!

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Could you link me to the exact page you're experiencing this issue on?

Mark

Mark Staff

As Mikey asked, can you please link to the exact page you're experiencing this happening?

Mark

Mark Staff

Also - is this only happening in Chrome?

Pascal

Pascal

the vimeo video works, it doesnt work if its embeded to chrome, see sportstickr.com.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It worked on Chrome for me. Could you try clearing cache and taking another look?

Pascal

Pascal

I cleaned my cache, still the same problem. nothing changed.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try replicating this issue in an alternate web browser?

Pascal

Pascal

Yes I did. No problems with mozilla, no problems with chrome mobile.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try uninstalling and then reinstalling Chrome?

Pascal

Pascal

I did. Nothing changed.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can upload it to ge.tt and share the link here.

Animegatari

Animegatari

I think this happens when uploaded video has copyright.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Plays back smoothly on our end. What browsers are you using?

DEUTSCH OSSTEM

DEUTSCH OSSTEM Plus

Tested on IE, Firefox, Chrome.

Anyway, I uploaded same video again.
old one : 70096217 (works on vimeo website, but doesn't in IFRAME)
new one : 71801283 (no problem)
both are same videos.
I think you can find solution between these two.

Standish Communications

Standish Communications Plus

We have about 15 videos embeded in a single page using iframes and it happens. Sometimes, some are working and some are giving that error message. (Sorry, there was an issue with playback)

Videos are produced by us and they are protected using Vimeo configuration : only a webpage can access the videos. The website is password protected, so I can't give a link.

I'm not a network professional, but it seems that the problem happened when the internet connexions were slow.

Art Adams

Art Adams Plus

I'm having the same problems on two of the videos on my website, and now seeing it on other websites. Filed a report with Vimeo, got the standard "We don't see it here" response.

Using the latest version of Chrome. Videos play fine in other browsers.

I've attached three links below. The first one is the first video on my site that had the problem. It has now spread to a second video at the second URL. And just today I clicked on a Reddit link and found the same problem there: that's the third URL.

Links: artadamsdp.com/130213/1276016/featured-work/onlive-spectate, artadamsdp.com/130213/1276033/featured-work/onlive-desktop, awsm.com/13883/now-this-is-how-you-use-a-go-pro/#.UgS078_sC8Y.facebook

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like Mikey is helping you via email. Please continue the conversation with him via that method. We cannot help you in two places at once.

Art Adams

Art Adams Plus

Gosh, sorry to inconvenience you, Mark. As support couldn't assist me last time I decided to try both email and forum options as my portfolio site is very important to my business and I need to ensure that the Vimeo service that I pay for reliably serves my customers. My last round of interactions with support not only didn't resolve my issues but didn't acknowledge that a problem existed. Mikey seems to know what's going on, although it doesn't appear that Vimeo has a resolution--and that concerns me greatly.

I will post nothing further unless my problem continues to be unresolved. Hopefully the bandwidth saved here can be spent fixing the issues with my paid service.

Art Adams

Art Adams Plus

Yeah, that fixed it. I can't have my potential customers do that, though. Is there a way to force HTML5 on that web page until Google fixes this problem?

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Unfortunately there is no way to force your embedded videos to use either version of the player.

Also, in the future it would help tremendously if you only contacted us via one method. This switching back and forth is inefficient and creates lots of redundancy for us.

Bokwa

Bokwa PRO

I have a customer that is having the same "Sorry there was an issue with playback" error message. I know they are getting it on 2 computers in their house and they are Comcast subscribers in Michigan. They have tried other browsers and clearing the cache. That is all the information I am getting. Most customers are able to access it OK. Do you have any other suggestions? Unfortunately I am not allowed to share a link to this content.

SwingShoes

SwingShoes

I'm having the same problem on swingshoes.dk (video in the bottom of the page). Any suggestions?

Link: swingshoes.dk

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, could you please let us know:

1. The exact error message you are seeing (if possible, provide a screenshot);
2. Which browser(s) you are using when you see this error. Please try 2-3 different browsers.

Thank you!

laura benfield

laura benfield

Same problem. I did some research, and it has to be a Vimeo problem. It is the same no matter what browser I use. This started happening randomly last week, and now all the videos give me the same message. " Sorry there was an issue with Playback" ge.tt/8GinzKp/v/0?c

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link me to where exactly it is embedded?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like your video played for me. Could you try replicating the issue in an alternate web browser?

a Level Up

a Level Up

That doesn't help though - what happens if someone else is using the same browser? Won't they get the same problem?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

I was able to play your video in Google Chrome. Could you try clearing cache in your web browser? Also, try opening an alternate web browser and see if you are able to play it there.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try opening an alternate web browser and replicating the issue?

a Level Up

a Level Up

I have gone onto a different computer and it's working fine. Which is good news.

however, why is it still not working on my computer?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Are all of your other web browsers updated to their latest versions? Could you try updating and clearing cache?

CrossPointe Studios

CrossPointe Studios Plus

Yes, and I'm getting the same error. My main concern is that clients are getting this error, and it's hard to tell everyone clear your cache, etc.

I really appreciate your FAST response. Thanks Derek!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

When you cleared your cache did the error continue? Thanks.

High Performance Academy

High Performance Academy PRO

I've been made aware of this problem by a few of our paying members. Seems the problem isn't consistent with any browser. Sometimes the video will play. Have any of the above instances been remedied? Does Vimeo have any ideas as to the cause?

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

We are currently investigating the issue. Could you please link us to where this occurring on your end?

High Performance Academy

High Performance Academy PRO

Thanks Derek, My videos are behind a pay wall so access is a little difficult. The video that is currently causing grief for at least one of my members is working fine for me and other members.

wildanimal402

wildanimal402 Plus

I have been experiencing this for some time over the last two weeks as well when using google chrome

the message reads sorry there was an issue with playback

I see this message in almost every attempt to watch a vimeo vid from the skatehousemedia.com homepage and the same error occurs when I try to watch the video on vimeo

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.