Liberty Christian Church

Liberty Christian Church

My most recent video uploads will not play back correctly whether played directly from the Vmeo website or from the embed link. When I attempt to play a video there is a prolonged loading time. Then the video will play for a few seconds and then it hangs. After a few more seconds it will play again but it hangs within a few seconds. This cycle repeats itself.

Interestingly, if I play the video from my iPhone it seems to play fine.
What is happening and how can I fix it?
Thank you for any help. If I can't correct this problem I will have to find another way to host my videos.
John

Link: vimeo.com/71238228

Liberty Christian Church

Liberty Christian Church

Thank you, Tommy, for your response. But I don't think this is the issue here. It certainly doesn't help resolve the issue in any event. I have Comcast internet service and my tested download speed is between 25-30 Mbps. And I am running a maxed out Mac Pro desktop. So this is not simply a matter of inadequate network download speed nor is it a matter of inadequate computer resources.

If I host these same videos on my internet host's servers they play back beautifully with no delay or stuttering. There is something wrong with the way the video files are encoded for playback on Vimeo. That's the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Do you have any plugins or extensions installed with your browser? How is playback performance in alternate browsers?

Liberty Christian Church

Liberty Christian Church

The only browser plugins I have are related to ad blocking. I used the Mac versions of Safari, Firefox and Chrome, all with the same results. I have visitors to my site from out of state who first brought it to my attention that the videos do not play properly.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Could you try disabling these extensions (see link below) and check to see if this makes any difference?

Also, are there any videos that seem to give you more trouble than others?

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/usingthevimeowebsite#disableextensions

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.