Film.Ca Productions Inc.

Film.Ca Productions Inc. PRO

We made our VOD titles live this morning. Here we are 13 hours later and you still cannot access our tiles from vimeo search or even when browsing the genre. Please advise!!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link us to the VOD pages you are having trouble with? Thanks.

Jason Fisher

Jason Fisher

Search function is not working for me at all.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try replicating this issue in an alternate web browser?

Mark

Mark Staff

It could take a couple of more hours for you to show up. Let us know if you still can't find yourself by end of day.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hmm, okay, i'm going to look deeper into this.

Mark

Mark Staff

It appears that everything is indexed properly and everything is in fact showing up in search. Are you sure you're not seeing it anywhere?

Film.Ca Productions Inc.

I still cannot find our VOD video in search. I try both kid's town and kids town and it does not show up. Perhaps it is buried several pages deep, but my first hit is "Town of Ghosts", so I assume something is wrong.

Film.Ca Productions Inc.

OK< I see that, but it seems odd that in the default "relevant" listing, that Town of Ghosts is more "relevant" than the exact search string. For the user looking for our film, this is going to be frustrating (and already is - I hear this all the time).

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry! Relevance is based on a variety of factors including title, description, tags, popularity, groups - channels - albums it's in, and much more.

Film.Ca Productions Inc.

Wow. So there is NO easy way for someone who knows the name of the film they want ot see to easily search for it?? That is simply ridiculous and totally not intuitive at all. I am not impressed with this ... I think this is a major flaw in your site!

Very disappointed.

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry! There are unfortunately more relevant results ahead of yours.

Film.Ca Productions Inc.

How can something be more relevant than a search string with the exact name of the video being sought? There is no point going back and forth on this as it makes sense to somebody there - but I do not think that consumers looking for specific titles will think that. As a producer (VimeoPro account) trying to use your platform to monetize our work, I do not appreciate pushing people to the site only to have them get distracted or lost from your main page... that may be a reasonable arrangement for those using the free service, but not for those paying the freight and using the VOD service. I have lost track of the number of emails I have received from potential VOD customers over the past week who are lost looking for our work who can ONLY find our show with a link. Clearly you cannot do anything about this from a support point of view, but it really needs to be a consideration for future enhancements.

Film.Ca Productions Inc.

While I cannot leave Vimeo now since we have so much invested in our VOD release now, I would go elsewhere in a heartbeat if I could ... this is THAT much of a problem for us.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.