Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey everyone, I'm closing out this topic for now, but that doesn't mean your feedback isn't being heard!

If you have questions or feedback about the Vimeo iOS App, please post here: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:116182

If you have questions or feedback about uploading to Vimeo using iOS 7's Camera and Photos apps, post in the general Help Forum and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Also, our award winning* mobile FAQ has been updated with new vital information for your brains. Learn more about Vimeo on iOS 7 here: vimeo.com/s/tht

*awarded by our mothers

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It's here! With the release of iOS 7 we have a whole new viewing and sharing experience, rebuilt from the ground up, ready for you! Not only that, Vimeo is now best friends with iOS 7, allowing you to upload directly from your device's Camera and Photos apps! You can read the full blog post with all the new features right here: vimeo.com/blog/post:591

With new versions comes new questions, concerns, bugs, etc. This thread is here for you to sound off and let us know what you think. If you have any bug reports, it's very important you include the details of what iOS device you have. The more information, the better!

Flight Creative Media

Flight Creative Media PRO

New layout is great, but really missing some previous features.

- would like a vimeo-wide search function

- a way to link to a particular user feed when watching a video by that user

- my videos stops loading additional videos at about 100 tiles in... Also hangs often when loading videos after the three vimeo staff clips that are in my videos for some reason. These three clips (kidzilla, smash, and the chase) appear after the first 25 videos in my videos. Happens on both my devices.

- wish I could make simple changes to my own videos in the app, like changing titles or most importantly changing privacy settings.

Using iOS7 on iPad 2 and iPhone 5. I'm sure the app is in constant development, hopefully some of these things can come back. Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the app feedback! We've built the new app completely from the ground up with a focus on watching and sharing videos. For other features of Vimeo, we recommend visiting Vimeo.com through Safari or Chrome on iOS. From there you'll be able to access the Vimeo features that aren't built into the app (such as editing titles or video privacy).

Search will be coming to the app with a future update. While search was a feature we initially had included, it was dropped for the initial release due to the quick development cycle of iOS 7. The beauty of iOS 7 is you'll automatically get all the new updates to the Vimeo app (as long as you have it turned on).

With regards to videos not loading 100 titles in, is that in your Likes, Feed, or Watch Later? Also, is that on the iPad or iPhone?

Flight Creative Media

Flight Creative Media PRO

Thanks for the reply. Seems like every time I opened the app, I was able to get a little bit farther down "My List." Both devices are working fine now running the 4.0.1 update.

Chaz Schmidt

Chaz Schmidt

Hey Tom...your 4.0.1 mobile video app is absolute rubbish!!!...
I cant do anything with it at all!
All it has is....watch later...my feed...my likes...& settings...which lead me no where!
Cant even search for videos...and...there is NO categories either!!!!...
Which brain dead staff member designed it...l would really love to know!!!!....
Real wasted project!
No purpose for it!
One really unhappy vimeo member!

Chaz Schmidt

Chaz Schmidt

Oh...yeah...and its on my IOS 7 5th gen ipod touch...so much for that!

Randy Reichardt

Randy Reichardt Plus

I was looking for the search function. I cannot find one. Was there ever one? Seems ridiculous to me that I can't search for videos in Vimeo on this app.

Tom Sliepen

Tom Sliepen

I am sorry, but releasing it on the iPad without a search function just seems ridiculous! How else are you supposed to find videos? Am I missing something?

crossavenue

crossavenue

Yes I have the same problem, the video is smaller. Not all video's (the half) but I can't find a difference in the embedded code.

Eric Price

Eric Price

Yes. I'm experiencing the same issue.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This should be fixed now! Let us know if you have any more trouble.

Ulrich Sterling

Ulrich Sterling PRO

Where's the add to watch later tab on the videos? I can't add anything on iPad or iPhone, and the app is completely frozen now on my iPad . Great new look , but functionality seems to be lacking

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There are two ways to add videos to your Watch Later queue:

• From the main home screen, tap and hold until you see the Watch Later/Share/Like icons pop up.
  • Tap the video to start playback, and tap the Watch Later icon in the top right-hand corner

We have a dedicated team constantly developing the app, so make sure you have automatic updates enabled so you're always getting the latest version! As of this moment, 4.0.1 should be available, if not already downloaded to your device.

Ulrich Sterling

Ulrich Sterling PRO

There are no icons on my home page, nor is there a watch later icon on the press and hold menu? I can send you a photo to show you there is no option for me to push

Ulrich Sterling

Ulrich Sterling PRO

And tapping the lil paper airplane icon from iPhone freezes the app during video play, on both iPad and iPhone.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yeah, if you can screenshot what you're seeing, upload the image to Imgur, and link to it here, that would be great. Thanks!

Link: imgur.com/upload

McCann Manchester

McCann Manchester PRO

I am a Pro customer and I have used the embed link within a HTML page as usual, it's working fine on iOS6 but there are a few issues on iOS7.

The play bar is in the middle of the screen and the video plays in the top half of the screen and the final screen of the video stands still in the bottom half of the screen. Very odd

When are you going to have these issues in iOS7 resolved?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

ionica - is that happening with a specific video? Do you know the title of it or could you link to it?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

McCann - we're working on this now and should have a solution pretty soon!

ionica - iSay.ro

ionica - iSay.ro

Tommy, is happening with any videos, nothing i can play, the slider remains on 0:00
Bellow is a video from my account.

I would to a record to my screen. I'll get back in minutes.

Link: vimeo.com/71688433

ionica - iSay.ro

ionica - iSay.ro

Got the real problem. The video in My feed looks that are working now, but My videos is not playable.
I have recorded my screen so i have uploaded to vimeo, but i have to wait 45 minute to appear.

Link: vimeo.com/75080142

Richard D

Richard D

I am having the same problem -- videos that I have uploaded do not play on my iPhone. Just a blank screen with the slider at 0:00. Is this going to be fixed?

iPhone 5 + iOS 7

Richard D

Richard D

Update -- this is working for me now.

I logged out of the iPhone Vimeo upload settings (Settings -> Vimeo). I then uninstalled Vimeo and rebooted my iPhone. After the iPhone rebooted, I reinstalled Vimeo and logged into the app. My videos worked. I reentered the iPhone upload settings and the app continued to work.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

ionica - thanks for the video. Our developers are checking out that error now!

JD Eames

JD Eames

Richard D: thank you! Your fix worked for me. Appreciate your posting.

Gree

Gree

I have the same problem. The app only worked once and now no vides play at all just as described. I guess I could try to uninstall bit an obvious bug in there somewhere. I guess it will happen again unless the issue is found.

Rich Beach

Rich Beach Plus

I too have had the same problem since upgrading the Vimeo app. I'm not too bothered about the lack of search function at the moment as all I want to do is view my own videos. Only the very first one in my list plays, and it plays whether I want it to or not. No other video plays. I will try to delete the app and load again, but what a pain... Currently uploading all my videos to Google+ as a back-up for mobile viewing....

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

I have the same problem. I keep uninstalling and relogging in with every upgrade, and it seems to fix it until the next update.

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

I uploaded a video from my iPad Mini (running iOS 7 - Vimeo app updated) and it plays fine online or downloaded to my PC, but there's no sound when I try playing it on the Mini. All other media apps are working fine. Should I delete the app and re-install, or is there a simple fix? Peter

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Peter, it's not playing in the app, or it's not playing when you go to vimeo.com in your browser?

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

Hi, As I said, it's playing fine online (Vimeo site in browser), and if I download to file (to PC). The problem is with the recently-updated iPad Mini and/or Vimeo app. NONE of the videos - including the 'demos' that launch with the new app - produce sound on the iPad speakers. And, yes, they're turned on. Vimeo is the ONLY media player that's not producing sound. Peter

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Just to make sure, when you tap on the video clip and it goes fullscreen, the audio doesn't play then?

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

Exactly - None of them have audio (e.g. Kidzilla, Vimeo overview, etc.) The other controls (Pause, Drop down menu on the 'home' screen, etc.)

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

Tommy. I hate to say this but I've already covered that. The sound is on, the volume is fine FOR EVERY OTHER MEDIA APP. Please review all of the information I've provided. The problem is with the new Vimeo app (updated for iOS 7) and/or iOS 7 itself.) If you can't figure out why VIMEO isn't working, I'll uninstall it and download it fresh. That's where I'm thinking of going with this at this point. That's a pain, so I though you might have a simple solution. Again - I've provided lots of information to rule out the 'obvious' issues. Peter

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I am able to replicate this issue on our iPad here, I'm just asking these questions to confirm that you and I are seeing the same issue. From there we can figure out what we need to do on our end to resolve it.

If you flip the switch on your iPad (assuming it's set to mute/unmute instead of screen rotation), on-screen does it change between Ringer and Ringer Silent? Does that switch toggle the audio for the video? (see here: cl.ly/image/0Q130B0C213K)

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

OK - I think the problem is solved, but it took a few twists and turns to get there. I'm not sure what was the underlying problem, but here's what I did to get the audio working. I tried just flipping the switch but that didn't help (I'd tried that before), so then I checked all the settings (they were all fine). So, I powered down the iPad completely, re-started it... still no sound. THEN, I changed several audio-related settings, including the function of the switch, re-booted again, and then changed them all back (including the function of the switch). Voila, Vimeo now had sound. Who knows where the problem was, but perhaps that's a solution for anyone else that reports the same glitch. Of course, that still begs the question of why Vimeo needs the switch (and ringer) on (assuming that's one's preferred function setting for the switch), when it seems that no other media player does (at least not TED, YouTube, and several other common ones). Anyway, thanks for your quick responses.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the info, Peter. We're looking into this issue and discussing it now.

Justin Loeloff

Justin Loeloff

Some apps need "mute" off in order to work. if you have the side switch set to lock rotation toggling that will have no effect. Sounds like it was in lock mode and was muted using control center. I'm betting during this you also didn't get notification sounds like for an imessage.

Ian Henry M. Go

Ian Henry M. Go

Hello Tommy! Thanks for your prompt reply..I would just like to ask why i need to create a password for my vimeo account when whenever i log into Vimeo in my macbook using my facebook account i can access it however when i use my iphone 5 which is newly updated to ios7 using my facebook account i cannot access Vimeo but instead a prompt appears telling me to try again which i have done several times to no avail. I hope you can enlighten me on this matter. Thank you...

Ian Henry M. Go

Ian Henry M. Go

Hello Tommy! I just want you to know that I can now access my Vimeo App for iPhone 5 running ios7 using may Facebook Account...

Adam Zielinski

Adam Zielinski Plus

The app plays the lowest quality of the video which is new then if I share to my Apple TV, it's really low quality as well. Some videos don't load at all. iPad 2 with lightning bolt, ios 7, 4.0.1 on the vimeo software. App also just shuts down too. Same issues with my iPhone 5 ios7

Adam Zielinski

Adam Zielinski Plus

Also the app won't play sound if the phone is in quiet mode on the iPhone. That'd be cool to sort out. If you could customize the layout of the app, that would be really cool. Other than that, just fix the quality of the videos and I'd be stoked on it. Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Adam, thanks for the feedback! We're working on the video quality issue and audio not playing when the ringer is silent.

Mariel Ann Villanueva

Mariel Ann Villanueva

I am using a 4S and updated to iOS7. Did the steps to post on Vimeo but voila. It didn't upload. Wifi is working but it still won't post my videos. Tried several times. Did I forget anything in the settings? :(

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There's no indicator after you 'post' a video that it's actually uploading to Vimeo. This is an issue on Apple's end that we can't control. The amount of time it takes for the video to show up varies from a few minutes to an hour or so. We're looking into ways we could possibly improve this on our end, but I'd recommend also reaching out to Apple about this as well:

Link: discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?view=overview

Mariel Ann Villanueva

Mariel Ann Villanueva

Thanks for the clarification, Tommy! It took a looooooooong time for one video to post, after several times of trying. It made me think now that it's more of LUCK now if it's instantaneous :)) It just crushed my expectations of an immediate posting after watching the promo video :(

Jason Silverstein

Jason Silverstein

Experiencing same issue with iOS 7 + iPhone 5s. Tommy, I'm having a hard time understanding the "can't see if it's working" logic when the exact same video I'm trying to upload has status indication with Facebook (successful upload) and YouTube (also successful upload). If it helps, it's a slo-mo video and it's 243 MB. Thanks for helping investigate.

galumay

galumay Plus

Yes it seems odd that other services can do it but not vimeo? Even a simple message that the upload had in fact started would be handy, there is absolutely no indication that tapping the 'post' button has any effect!

Jitsslo Productions

Jitsslo Productions

Everything looks great. But on my ipad retina, my videos aren't playing 1080 HD? The quality is clearly downgraded. Unlike on my desktop... Why is this??

Ace Reyes

Ace Reyes

i think the video uploader set it to 1080p playback. ipads can only play 720p, thats why the HD button does not appear.

sadly, 720p is the standard for compatibility for all devices

Jitsslo Productions

Jitsslo Productions

I've been messing with these for awhile and it's pretty clear that only youtube plays perfect 1080 HD. Why can't vimeo do the same?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hiya Johnny, we're aware of the video quality issue and are working on a fix!

Ace Reyes

Ace Reyes

uploaded from photos using Iphone 5 ios7 - it uploaded small files (20mb 10 sec videos) but the real ones (3minute videos, 300mb) were not successful

is there an uploading issue when the phone goes on lock? (mine is set to do so after 15 mins)
is there a way to know if it is still uploading or not?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There's no indicator after you 'post' a video that it's actually uploading to Vimeo. This is an issue on Apple's end that we can't control. The amount of time it takes for the video to show up varies from a few minutes to an hour or so. We're looking into ways we could possibly improve this on our end, but I'd recommend also reaching out to Apple about this as well:

Link: discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?view=overview

You can also visit vimeo.com/upload in Safari to upload.

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

How do we delete the sample videos from the iPad app? And, for users new to the app, is there a link to a comprehensive 'manual' anywhere?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The Kidzilla intro videos cannot be removed. However once you log into your Vimeo account and start viewing your Feed and Watch Later, the three intro videos will no longer be available.

Peter O'Donnell

Peter O'Donnell

Speaking of 'Watch Later', I've uploaded a video (private - password protected) to Vimeo.com, and it plays on my iPad, but there's no 'Watch Later' button anywhere to copy it to the iPad. Is there a setting I need to change, or are private videos not allowed in the Watch Later list?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You can't add your own videos to your own Watch Later queue. In the app, if you tap My Videos the password-protected video will appear there.

HOCUS POCUS ENTERTAINMENT/EVENTS

HOCUS POCUS ENTERTAINMENT/EVENTS Plus

Logging into my vimeo account and watching my feed and watch later videos DOES NOT remove the 3 demo videos. NOR does uploading over 25 videos, they are still right in the middle of two batches of my videos ruining the display. What s up with that, who needs these, why cant they be removed and why are they there in the first place. Please remove now, or give instructions on how to remove.

Ian Henry M. Go

Ian Henry M. Go

i was able to log in to vimeo on my iphone 5 running ios7 using my facebook account but i notice that i have videos on watch later and like page of my videos but i did not like any videos and i did not also click any videos to watch it later then i log in to vimeo on my macbook using the same facebook account and i check the watch later and like page i don't have any videos there how on my iphone 5 running ios7 there is... please fix this problem because i did not like any videos and make a videos to watch it later on my vimeo for iphone ios7...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ian, we're working on Facebook login issues now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Eric

Eric

I'm trying to play embedded vimeo videos from my ios7 devices and I get the sound but only a black screen with no controls. I'm using Safari AND Chrome on my iPad with the same result in both browsers. I'm looking at the videos from mikes lessons.com, and they all worked before I upgraded to iOS7. The videos work fine on my MacBook using Safari. Thoughts?

Link: mikeslessons.com

André Kolmeijer

André Kolmeijer

I am using vimeo on an iPhone 5 and have to say I love the overhaul! I was kind of sceptical about the whole new flat design look of iOS 7, but I was pleasantly surprised with iOS 7 and now the new Vimeo look!
Found a minor bug: when on landscape mode during playback I opened the sharing menu and changed to portrait mode. Then closed the sharing menu and said I was done watching the movie. Back in the 'My Likes'-menu the template of the movie was to high on the screen, only showing half of template. Switching menus solved the problem.
Hope it's any help. Keep up the good work!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the feedback André! I was able to replicate that alignment issue on my iPhone, I'll let the developers know!

miltersen

miltersen

After I click post, on a video directly from iOS7 nothing happens. It goes into the video playback/trim window but it doesn't upload. Have tried 3 times now. What's the issuse?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry for the delay! Depending on a number of factors, it can take from a few minutes to an hour or so for your video to show up. It looks like your upload is now available, let us know if you have any more trouble!

miltersen

miltersen

Hi Tommy. I've tried around 10 times, and only one video passed. The one that uploaded was 20 sec. The video I want to upload, is 3 min something long. I have tried with and without tags and description. It's a private video and I have set to HD. Something is not working right.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're looking into slow uploads with the iOS 7 integration now. Unfortunately since this is built into iOS there may not be much we can do on our end to fix it.

Can you go to Settings > Vimeo and try logging out and logging back in? Let us know if this helps at all.

If you're still consistently running into trouble, I recommend going to vimeo.com/m/upload in Safari and uploading that way instead.

Maz Studios

Maz Studios Plus

I used to be able to download my own videos to the iPad/iPhone. Will this feature come back as it was very useful for me. Thanx

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Offline syncing of your latest videos and Watch Later queued up videos is in the app now!

Maz Studios

Maz Studios Plus

Thank you for the answer. But how does this get the files in the camera roll as it did in previous versions? That's what I need :) or did I misunderstand the new functions. If not, will this come back?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Maz, you need to upload from your device's Camera Roll to Vimeo? You can sign into Vimeo on the iOS level (home screen > Settings > Vimeo) and then from your Camera Roll/Photos app, tap Share and select Vimeo. You can also go to vimeo.com/upload in Safari and upload from there!

Maz Studios

Maz Studios Plus

No the other way around. Save the files from Vimeo to my camera roll. This was possible in the earlier version. Very good for example if you want a clip on Instagram. So again, is this coming back?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, saving videos to your Camera Roll isn't a feature we'll be bringing back. We're working on improving our auto-sync feature so that you can watch videos from Vimeo without an internet connection!

Maz Studios

Maz Studios Plus

Ah, ok I see! I solved my problem with another app so everything is working out ok now! Thank you for your answers and help!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

You're welcome! Out of curiosity, what app did you use to download videos to your Camera Roll?

POLYMORPH

POLYMORPH

I can't log in on the iOS app. it says my email and password do not match

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are you able to log into Vimeo in iOS 7? Go to Settings and scroll down to Vimeo.

John Arndt

John Arndt

It's telling me the same - both in settings and in app. I've changed the password twice in browser vimeo, but still can't seem to get it working on my IOS 7.

Josh

Josh

hat have you done to your app guys?? It's rubbish. No video search tool?? Why else would you need a vimeo app?? To check how many 'likes' your own videos have?? I use vimeo as the quality of videos people upload are far superior to that of the likes of youtube etc. I've read many comments from your staff saying just visit our site for that. Well in that case I'll delete your app and do what I can on that on the desktop site, and if other do so, you wasted a whole of time making an app to begin with.

Yoni

Yoni

Sorry but i agree with Josh above. The new app misses the point. Cant really see news in vimeo. Just things ive seen or know. Boring! No options no nothing to stimulate digging into vimeo tresure room. So thank you i am deliting your app

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Josh, we'll be reintroducing features in the coming months, with a distinct focus on watching and sharing videos. Keep an eye out for updates!

Fresh Ambition

Fresh Ambition

In the coming months? Why didn't you all keep the features and simply change the interface? Seems like a waste of time to me. I say dig up the old file and just give us back the previous version. Myspace app is better than this and I don't even have a Myspace account. Very pointless.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry you feel that way, but we had to sprint to get this version of the app out in time for iOS 7. Additionally, this app share no code with the previous versions, as we completely rebuilt it from the ground up. Now that we have this new foundation to build off of, we'll be able to roll out updates faster than ever!

Cat James

Cat James

In Australia...cant find any function to upload the video? Read simething about upload settings? Simeine olease explain how to upload??? So confused!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Cat, you can now upload directly from your Camera and Photos apps! Select the video you wish to upload, tap the Share button, and select Vimeo!

If you don't see Vimeo in that list, you'll need to log in first. Go to Settings, scroll down to Vimeo, and enter the email and password to log into vimeo.com.

Golden Oak Elder Law

Golden Oak Elder Law Plus

I tried this and it's not working - the "post" button is greyed out :(

Currently trying the Safari workaround ... fingers crossed.

Jim Kolmar

Jim Kolmar

Having problems accessing private links since I upgraded my iPad to iOS7. I enter the password, but there doesn't seem to be a response. I tried he same video on my iPhone with iOS6 and it worked fine. Any thoughts?

Jim Kolmar

Jim Kolmar

Thanks for the response. I can't post here, there's a confidentality issue. Can we continue via email?

ByronW

ByronW Plus

Hi Tommy
I'm Using iOS7 and Vimeo App 4.0.1 and iPhone 5
Could you explain why this new Vimeo App has been released before it has any useable functionality ?
Why not have waited till it was ready ?
When I select "My Video" I see "Kidzilla,Smash and The Chase" - 3 marketing videos from Vimeo.
These are not my videos - why are they here ?
I cannot access my own videos which I have uploaded and can see on the website.
I only have access to one of my watch later videos. I cannot search.
Shouldn't there have been some user experience testing before releasing a new App ?
Why is it that Vimeo has released an App that has less features than the previous one ?
Surely someone should have realised the negative feedback you would get from users ?
Isn't the purpose of an dedicated iPhone App to offer a better user experience than simply accessing the website on the mobile device ?
Its a shame - I really enjoyed using the previous version.
Updates I know - but really ?
Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Byron, we built the new app completely from the ground up with a very strong focus on watching and sharing videos. Some features and aspects of the app were dropped due to the unprecedentedly fast development cycle of iOS 7. For other features of Vimeo, we recommend visiting Vimeo.com using Safari or Chrome for iOS. From there you'll be able to access the Vimeo features that aren't built into the app.

Search is a priority for our mobile development team and we hope to have it implemented very soon. We made the difficult decision to drop search in this initial release because of the accelerated timeline and release of iOS 7.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Regarding the Kidzilla video series, once you log into your Vimeo account they will no longer be available.

Johan Nobel

Johan Nobel Plus

My experience differs:
added some watch later videos, logged in, logged out (both in IOS and in the App), removed /reinstalled the app, the 3 video's are still there ....

Don't know if it makes any difference (shouldn't but who knows, I running on a retina iPad 4 as well (see post below). Whatever I try, the three "demo's" will not disappear....
Tried everything (because it is very annoying!)

P.S. I'm a software engineer and really cannot imagine this would be hard to fine, I mean there is no rocket science involved to either show or don't show 3 marketing videos...

Nah .. was going to post some pseudo code, but I'm sure vimeo engineers can figure it out. If not: mail me, I develop iOS apps :-)

Still Frame Films

Still Frame Films Plus

I have the same experience as Johan as well. I really don't want the Kidzilla video's to show up any longer. Could you please help me figure out how to get rid of them. I am running the app on an iPad Mini w/Retina. Thanks

Jonathan Barnes

Jonathan Barnes Plus

I just tried to show my father some of the work I have done in the past year on my ipad. First off I could not get you app to launch correctly, then I could not find ANY of my videos, [wtf is kidzilla & where the hell did it come from, it is NOT mine!], THEN I COULD NOT SEARCH FOR ANYTHING!...

Who's the one responsible for releasing an application that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO FUNCTIONALITY!!??
This is not remotely usable more than as a photo viewer!

Fresh Ambition

Fresh Ambition

I have to agree this is more of a viewer that a video uploading app.... Very pointless!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jonathan, we built the new app completely from the ground up with a very strong focus on watching and sharing videos. Some features and aspects of the app were dropped due to the unprecedentedly fast development cycle of iOS 7. For other features of Vimeo, we recommend visiting Vimeo.com using Safari or Chrome for iOS. From there you'll be able to access the Vimeo features that aren't built into the app.

Search is a priority for our mobile development team and we hope to have it implemented very soon. We made the difficult decision to drop search in this initial release because of the accelerated timeline and release of iOS 7.

Regarding the Kidzilla video series, once you log into your Vimeo account they will no longer be available.

Jonathan Barnes

Jonathan Barnes Plus

If all you could produce is a hobbled & useless crappy attempt at an "upgrade", Then you should not have bothered.
Vimeo was known for its professional attitude, and not a commonplace youtube wanna-be. This app is sophomoric crippled & amateurish, much the likes expected of youtube.

Why bother with an app if you need to be web based to do anything?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

There will always be power users like yourself who need to access all the features of the site, in which case this app probably isn't for you. As we've said before, this new app is built with a strong focus on watching and sharing videos. Admittedly, in its current state the app doesn't have all the features we would've liked to have launched with, but it does provide a new and solid base for us to build off of, and we'll have updates to the app coming faster than ever before.

Fresh Ambition

Fresh Ambition

I miss the old Vimeo app! I'm currently using the iPhone 5 ios 7 and I miss the old features like the search bar and categories. Is there a way that you all can implement this into the new version/layout of the app? What's the point in having a video app if we have to go outside of the app to search for content? Seems pretty pointless to me.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jonathan, we built the new app completely from the ground up with a very strong focus on watching and sharing videos. Some features and aspects of the app were dropped due to the unprecedentedly fast development cycle of iOS 7. For other features of Vimeo, we recommend visiting Vimeo.com using Safari or Chrome for iOS. From there you'll be able to access the Vimeo features that aren't built into the app.

Search is a priority for our mobile development team and we hope to have it implemented very soon. We made the difficult decision to drop search in this initial release because of the accelerated timeline and release of iOS 7. Staff Picks and other featured channels will also be returning very soon.

Mitch Service

Mitch Service

Not having the search function is a travesty... I can't believe that was overlooked on an application made for sharing and experiencing videos that I will never be able to find on my iDevice. This should be top priority. IN the mean time this app is useless to most of the world. Update failed... Shouldn't rush/jump the gun. Or Vimeo should have been better prepared for iOS7. The whole world knew when it was coming out...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Mitch, search was not something that was overlooked, but rather a calculated omission from the app because of the limited resources and time we had to build a completely new app. Apple did not announce the public release date for iOS 7 until just a week beforehand, surprising us with the sooner-than-expected release and forcing developers to fast-track their apps to completion. The good news is that with the app out now and this foundation to build off of, updates will be coming very quickly. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work on the app!

Brice Seguin

Brice Seguin

Bonjour, à quoi correspond Auto sync dans les settings?
Une fonction recherche sur vimeo serait apprécié.
Merci

Eric

Eric

I'm trying to play embedded vimeo videos from my ios7 devices and I get the sound but only a black screen with no controls. I'm using Safari AND Chrome on my iPad with the same result in both browsers. I'm looking at the videos from mikes lessons.com, and they all worked before I upgraded to iOS7. The videos work fine on my MacBook using Safari. Thoughts?
Link: mikeslessons.com

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Eric, I went to mikeslessons.com and the Free Lesson of the Month embed at the bottom-right side of the page worked fine for me with the iPad.

However, clicking preview lesson didn't work for me in any browser on my Mac or on the iPad. You might want to contact the developer of the site for further support.

The Treehouse

The Treehouse Plus

Is there no way to edit videos settings or even see viewer activity from the app? One must log in to a browser to access all of that? Seems like the app is nothing more than a share vessel. I would think Vimeo users (esp paying ones) deserve more than that. After all YouTube is free and now that app has more functionality than Vimeo. Please say it ain't so! Vimeo should step up their game with iOS 7. Not regress.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, we built the new app completely from the ground up with a very strong focus on watching and sharing videos. There will always be power users like yourself who need to access all the features of the site, in which case this app probably isn't for you. For other features of Vimeo, we recommend visiting Vimeo.com using Safari or Chrome for iOS. From there you'll be able to access the Vimeo features that aren't built into the app.

Wayne Thornley

Wayne Thornley

Where is the upload progress bar in the new app? I can't seem to find any information about upload progress when I share via photos in my iPhone.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Wayne, unfortunately the lack of an upload progress indicator in iOS is an issue with Apple. However, if you have the Vimeo app installed, you'll receive a push notification when your video is uploaded and available on the site.

ByTheSea

ByTheSea Plus

Please enable links to the users, so we can browse the other videos they've done. Also, why don't you make a Vimeo Pro app so we have more control of the settings without having to go through a web browser?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Tamara, I think a Vimeo "Pro" app is a fantastic idea. We have some updates in the pipeline coming so stay tuned :)

iohann

iohann

O meu galaxy y nao esta aceitando nenhum tipo de chip e tem sinal , tem uma barra que diz cham.de emergencia?
nao consigo receber e nem fazer chamadas e nem mandar sms , oque devo fazer ?

iohann

iohann

My galaxy y not currently accepting any kind of chip and has signal, has a bar that says cham.de emergency?
I can not receive nor make calls and send sms or, what do I do?

iohann

iohann

pf me ajude >.<

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I suggest you contact either the manufacturer of your Android phone, or your cellular carrier for further support.

Rob Jones

Rob Jones

Can't search
Can't heart a video

Until update comes its useless. Much prefer a complete app than a half finished app to coincide with ios7, just seems a bit rushed & a momentary drop in quality to keep up with the ios7 stampede.

Look forward to vimeoing once it's fixed

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Rob, you should be able to Like a video by either viewing it and tapping the Like icon in the top right-hand corner, or tap-and-hold a video thumbnail and tap the Like button that pops up. Are you not seeing the option while logged in?

Rob Jones

Rob Jones

ah i see the heart after logged in via the Vimeo app. Originally i saw a shared vimeo video on my facebook feed & clicked to watch it, but the auto log in feature in iOS refused to jump across when the Vimeo ap was opened automatically. So then if i opened Vimeo manually i couldnt find the original video i wanted to watch due to no search function. Please fix the 'Remember auto log in details when going from facebook into vimeo. My iphone is set up ti remember my vimeo password
Thanks

Golden Oak Elder Law

Trying to upload a video from an ipad mini running ios 7.0.2 and all I get is a grayed-out "post" button. Very frustrating! (Had the same thing on ios 7.0.1 before I updated today.)

Golden Oak Elder Law

aha! challenge solved, thanks Tommy! Not intuitive though, you might show "title required" or something in that box in an app update, the clean look is a little too clean

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Most of the iOS integration is in Apple's control and not ours; we're collecting this feedback, however, to report back to them!

Beyond Media

Beyond Media PRO

I can't log in on my iPhone 4s. Getting a message that my email and password don't match - which is incorrect. Have made sure case lock is off on the keypad so it's not a silly mistake like that, and have logged out then back in on my Mac to make sure I've not gone senile and forgotten my login details... I'm still sane - I can log in on my Mac. Just not getting anywhere.

Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith

I'm trying to upload a video from my camera roll on iOS 7.0.2. 21 second video filmed in the new 120 fps mode. I fill in the details from the share screens and when I click POST, the Vimeo share screen goes away and then after 5-10 seconds, I receive a message that says "Vimeo Upload Failed", with options to cancel or retry. Retry does the same thing. HD video size is 162 MB. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Kevin, can you contact us via the help form linked below? We're looking into scattered upload issues with iOS now and your input would be very helpful. Please mention my name so your email is assigned to me. Thanks!

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/contact

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Matt, can you connect your iPhone or iPad to a power source while uploading and see if that helps maintain a stable internet connection? Thanks.

Matt gortner

Matt gortner

I plugged (iphon 5 / ios7) into my computer and it still failed (over wifi)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Matt, how much free space is on your device? How large is the video file you're trying to upload?

Andrew Jagow

Andrew Jagow

Hello! I'm having trouble syncing with iOS 7. I've always used the "log in with Facebook" option with Vimeo. iOS does not seem to like that. I tried logging in with my Facebook info (user name and password) and that did not work. Any suggestions? Thank you very much for your time.

Andrew Jagow

Andrew Jagow

Sorry. Missed the post about this, above. Saw it right after I posted! All is well. I went to settings and set my password. It was real easy. Thanks for a great user experience.

Pascal Payant

Pascal Payant

is there any way to see stats, activity on your videos like on the site but in the app. i really like the other version before. now we can,t do anything with it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Pascal, not at this time. This app is heavily focused on watching videos. For power user and creator features such as accessing stats, we recommend visiting vimeo.com from the browser.

Power Creative

Power Creative PRO

vimeo app repeatedly crashes & will not even launch when attempting to open on my iPhone 5, running i07.

Have tried reinstalling couple of times already and still no success

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, we're looking into scattered reports of this now. If you go into Settings > General > About, which specific version of iOS are you running?

Melissa Surrency

Melissa Surrency

IOS 7.0.2 Vimeo 4.0.2 Iphone 5s just crashes after the splash screen when will the app be fixed.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Melissa, sorry about that. We're working on a solution now. In the meantime, deleting and reinstalling the app should fix the issue.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the info. Our developers are looking into the issue now. I made a small change on our end that might affect your ability to log in, can you let me know if you're able to log in now?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are you using Facebook to log in or are you using just your email/password?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for the info. We were able to duplicate this on our end and we're looking into it now.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We released 4.0.3 overnight, can you update to it and let me know if you're still having trouble?

Finnur Bárðarson

Finnur Bárðarson Plus

The Vimeo app, latest version will not play anything, just black screen. Thumbnails loads. But will not play.

Finnur Bárðarson

Finnur Bárðarson Plus

Hi Tommy
I have 4.0.3. Only my latest movie will play automatically when I click on it. I did what you said and changed it to 10. Nothing happens when I click on the other movies.
Best
Finnur

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What model iOS device do you have? This is only happening with videos from My Videos, correct?

Todd James Schmidt

Todd James Schmidt Plus

Hi, I'm on the Iphone 5, IOS7. It takes forever for some video's to load. And now I'm not getting any audio. I don't see any audio controls either.

Thanks

Todd James Schmidt

Todd James Schmidt Plus

Ok...I just read another post. I had my ringer off. Didn't realize that controlled the audio. I'd still like to see audio controls but I do love the new layout. I still have loading issues on some videos.

Justin Loeloff

Justin Loeloff

Some issues using AirPlay to appletv on ipad 3 ios 7.0.3. Skimmed sorry if this has been posted.
A few things. First off when playing a video and my ipad goes to sleep it stops what i have been watching, and then on apple tv it starts to loop loading something. Sometimes it will load to Your Vimeo video of the kid in the dinosaur suit, and this video keeps looping. If i then wake my ipad it still has my video there, with pause showing. If i hit pause and then play, on my TV your dino video stops and my video starts up at the point it stopped.

When my video on my ipad gets to the end, i'm guessing it is trying to do couch mode, but it doesnt' play my video, it starts your dino video again. Again this loops over and over.

i close the app and then go back in to it, again my top video will start to play via airplay, does so while on the "videos" screen on my ipad, with no indication that it is actually playing.
I have a bit more info and a video of it doing this if you want.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Justin, thanks for the information, but we're all set here; we're aware of some AirPlay issues that we hope to have resolved with a future update.

WestCoastFilm

WestCoastFilm PRO

hey guys love the app except i don't get any audio on any clips - they work fine through browser just not in app..

Eric

Eric

Hi, IPad 2, Ios7, videos don't plmay at all since big update.

Eric

Eric

None of my past liked videos seem to be able to play in the ios7app. When liked video tapped screen just goes black and never loads. Staff picks seem to work

jose alves

jose alves

No sound at all in iPad 2 (iOS 7.02 11a501) and Vimeo 4.03.
No search, no anything!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jose, search is coming with the next update. As for audio, check your mute switch; the Vimeo app respects your mute switch setting.

Link: vimeo.com/s/tku

jose alves

jose alves

Well ... I am afraid that "the mute button issue" clearly is not my case. I've been around for a while and had taken courses on iPad for Dummies level 1, 2 and Advanced already.
I am serious: am I the only one to report such a glitch?. Could you help me, please?

jose alves

jose alves

Yes, it does! What's wrong with the built-in speaker? I could find nowhere an option to enable it.

jose alves

jose alves

Under Vimeo app it happens with every video I've tried. It also happens when Facebook app loads under its own "browser" a Vimeo's content.
For some of Youtube content loaded in Facebook app there is no sound through the speaker either.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you swipe up from the bottom of the screen (to open Control Center) does audio play if you toggle the mute button (see here: cl.ly/image/2w3X2b152m1M)

Note that the mute button/switch behaves differently than the volume rocker, depending on what you're doing and what apps are open.

jose alves

jose alves

Great, it simply worked !!! When everybody, including you, mentioned the "mute button", I took it as the "hardware button". I'll figure out what's going with the other apps.
I believe it is a new feature under iOS 7. I would never suspect ... i'll take an iOS7 for dummies level 1 course right away ! ;-)
Thanks for you help, patience and attention.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No problem, Jose! That mute button in Control Center should behave the same way as the hardware switch. It's a little confusing that Apple has that option in multiple places, but we're all learning iOS 7 right now :)

Nick Fraser

Nick Fraser Plus

I can't seem to work out how to edit video recorded using the Apple Camera app on the new Vimeo app. Doesn't seem to be a way to cut material, add transitions, titles, etc. Is this one of the features that was canned in the new iOS version (4.03)?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The editor was removed from the app. We rebuilt the app from the ground up with a focus on watching and sharing videos. If you want to edit video on your iOS device I recommend using iMovie instead.

Philip Osborne

Philip Osborne

The new "viewing and sharing" experience seems to consist of "Here, watch these 20 or so videos that are in your feed and be grateful for it, cos we ain't gonna give you any way of discovering any others ... no categories! no search! no links to the profiles of the people who made the few videos you can see! In fact, we're gonna make it THE most pointless video discovery app in the world because you CAN'T actually discover anything ... and that's what's gonna set us apart from that other video service, you know, the big one, the one half the planet uses because they can actually find what they're looking for on that one ... but we don't want to be like them ... so we're pointless and proud of it! Proud enough to announce the launch of this new version with all the fanfare you'd expect for an app that pretty much does NOTHING!!!"

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Phillip, search is coming with the next update. From there, you'll be able to discover 'til your heart's content!

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Hi Tommy, my issue with the IOS7 upgrade is that whenever I send a video from my camera roll, and ensure it is sent as HD, then it never goes through to my vimeo account. However when I send it as a low quality all medium quality file it sends through without any problem. Help

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Stephen. We're doing what we can to make sure iOS uploads go through, but unfortunately since this is baked into iOS there's a significant part of the upload process that we don't have control over. I apologize for any inconvenience.

When uploading the HD version, can you plug your iOS device into a power source? There's a chance that it's dropping the wifi connection and isn't completing the upload.

Lia Loch

Lia Loch Plus

I can't upload any videos using my iPhone 5 with IOS 7 to Vimeo. I click share, choose vimeo, tittle and post but nothing uploads. It worked perfectly fine before IOS 7 and now I have not been able to upload a single video and we used it all the time to send video to the grandparents. Help please.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What's the file size of the video you try to upload? After tapping Vimeo, tap Details and you'll see the video quality you can upload and the respective file sizes.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately this is how Apple designed it; we don't have much control over this process, but we're doing what we can to make sure uploads go through smoothly.

If you're consistently having trouble uploading, try going to vimeo.com/upload in Safari on your device and uploading that way.

David Kristiansen

David Kristiansen

ok , i just tried going to that link and i get this message when i login on my iphone

Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again.

David Kristiansen

David Kristiansen

your Ios 6 app was better . the iphone intigation is not working for me, only one video has uploaded. no other videos upload anymore from iphone. the auto synce feature does not work either.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It sounds like the combination of iOS and Safari accessing the site has triggered that error. You should be able to access the site within a couple of hours

With regards to the iOS 7 app, can you provide any details about the problems you're seeing with auto sync?

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Hi Tommy, I tried plugging my iPhone into a power source to try and upload an HD video, but it didn't work still. I have uploaded a very small HD version but anything slightly larger just did not send. Hopefully this will be rectified soon
Thanks
Steve

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Steve, thanks for the update. We're still looking into these upload issues through iOS, but unfortunately much of the upload process is out of our control, since it's integrated into Apple's system.

If you try upload the same file through vimeo.com/m/upload in Safari on your device, does your upload work then?

Jitsslo Productions

Jitsslo Productions

Hi tommy Have u guys fixed the full HD playback yet???
Also the videos load extremely slow from the app, compared to the website

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The app now uses HLS streaming, meaning that you'll get the best possible video quality for the device and connection you're on. Videos that sync for offline viewing should be the highest quality available, check your Settings if offline sync is only loading SD video.

David Kristiansen

David Kristiansen

Tommy, auto synce does not work . I have it on , no videos auto upload from my iphone. on wifi or 3G ,,4G, i have uploaded a short 12 sec video from the apple integration. i tried a 50 sec clip and i will not upload. this no progress bar on uploads on the apple intigration is not useful, I think it may be uploading but in fact it is not.

David Kristiansen

David Kristiansen

safari still does not allow me to log in I tried logging in on the skyfire app , that works. and uploads videos, but seems to compress them

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

Its amazing. Everytime there is an update, I am greeted with black screens when playing my videos. I need to delete the app, and reinstall. I don't have this problem with any other apps.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

When the screen goes black, if you tap the screen do the controls reappear?

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

When I say black, I mean no video. The playback and share icons are still up if I tap. No videos will play. Deleting the app and reinstalling fixes it. i assume its a caching issue.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

When the screen goes black, if you wait a few moments does playback begin (i.e. the video is loading during that time)?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Weird, but it works now after uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Michael Schwartz

Michael Schwartz Plus

Yes. Same thing with 4.0.4. The first few videos play, the rest I am met with black screens, sometimes with the playhead frozen where I left the movie last time. I reinstall, and viola, they play again.

Also, when a movie finishes, shouldn't the app kick you back to the intro screen with all of the movie previews instead of freezing on the last frame?

I have simple needs. I use Vimeo so my 3 year old can watch her home movies. All it needs is big preview windows, and to work like a movie player should. you tap on a movie, it plays, with sound, and then goes back to a preview screen. I don't need the previews to play in motion, but if they do, swell. But this app cannot seem to do do the simple task of PLAYING MOVIES for my 3 year old.

Paul Bamford

Paul Bamford Plus

I'm having this problem as well. One of my videos doesn't even show the duration in the bottom right on the My Feed screen.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're constantly making improvements, Michael, thanks for the feedback.

Paul, can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing and post a link back to it here? Thanks.

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Hi Tommy yes it does work if I do it through the regular website you provided however the file size goes down from 624 MB down to 24 MB when compressed through the regular website. I worry that the dramatically reduced file size impacts on the quality of the video. As I say the original file within my photos and videos is over 600 MB, is there a reduction in quality when is compressed from 600 down to 24 MB. Hopefully, either way, the facility for uploading video that is HD directly from photos and videos on the iPhone can work. Kind regards. Steve

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you link me to the video that you uploaded through the site? Thanks.

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Hi Tommy , when you say to link you to the file on the site , do you mean one of the small HD ones that were successful

Sam Beebe

Sam Beebe Plus

1 app --> 3 apps

Unfortunately, the new on "focus of watching and sharing" has divided the functions of what was previously available in one app into three apps.

1. Upload with built-in app.
2. Login to mobile site to make edits later.
3. Watch/check on stand alone app.

Bummer.
You've diluted your core.
Please return edit functions to the stand alone app.

Thank you.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thank you for the constructive feedback Sam, really means a lot. I'll pass this along to the team!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

On your iPhone, when you're at the top of your feed, swipe/pull down from top to bottom and the search bar will appear. This is only with the latest version of the app.

william hardiment

william hardiment

Tommy I mean I've tried that on iPad as well there is no search bar

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Hi Tommy. I am trying to send one of the successful HD videos to you as you asked. I am being thick, how do I do that. I am relatively computer literate promise

chux ideas

chux ideas

Tommy, I have really enjoyed the content and video resolution of the iPad app. Though in its current form it completely useless to me. I find it fascinating after having read most of the posts on this page that Vimeo wasn't Better prepared for iOS 7.

Aegean Films

Aegean Films Plus

I was able to play HD now I only see SD vimeo videos on my iPad 3 iOS7 :(

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are the videos synced to your device or playing over the internet? For videos playing over the internet, the app streams the best quality for the connection you're on.

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Ok, I give in. Cannot link a video to you .

Bottom line is that when I upload an HD video via camera roll on iPhone using iOS 7 it rarely uploads. If the clip is over 10 seconds or close to that it never appears. You click post and then........ Nothing. No progress bar, nothing. I have been trying for some time with no luck. I know you have said it's the problem with iOS7 and not Vimeo but that does not help. I paid money for the pro version which I am looking at cancelling this weekend. When I go to uoad using the iOS7 it says the clip is about 120mb but will not upload, just nothing. If I do it direct from the vimeo site on iPhone then the same clip is only 18mb but uploads ok

Baffled and tired of trying. You have till the weekend ;)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We don't negotiate with terrorists.

That said, uploading via iOS 7 we believe that the file size mentioned in the Details view is the file size before the OS compresses the video for upload. Again, since this is all happening on Apple's end before the OS even contacts our site, there's nothing we can do on our end. We've talked with Apple engineers about this issue, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

For larger files, like the 120mb video you mention, or if you're simply running into continued trouble with uploading using iOS 7, I recommend uploading using the mobile site, or transferring your video to a computer

Stephen Waterworth

Stephen Waterworth Plus

Thanks for replying. I will upload via the website from now on as the IOS 7 is still teething

I agree with your principles
:)

New Realm Media

New Realm Media Plus

I hate the mobile "downgrade." I cannot download video from the site to my mobile device. Videos do not play as they once did. I like the old format better. I access my videos better by going through a browser on my devices..Video freezes up and more.

TheKraken

TheKraken

Chiming in with Mark; am also having trouble loading my videos from my iPhone's camera roll to Vimeo. Videos I choose to upload never appear and I only seem to have success on the mobile site. It's pretty irritating, especially since I was able to upload videos with my Vimeo app with no problem before this whole Vimeo makeover. If there truly is nothing you can do on your end, then, really, what good is your app? What good is having Vimeo "baked right into iOS 7"? I not bitching for the sake of bitching; I really loved what you had before and am disappointed that Vimeo isn't making fixing this with Apple a priority (truly, it's on your end to push for this issue to be resolved; don't pass the buck to Apple).

Multimedia Plus

Multimedia Plus PRO

Latest iOS version is rubbish!
If you haven't, don't upgrade
Are Vimeo trying to copy apple? Upgrade a product and take away features ?
Where's the vimeo wide search plus what a crummy interface. I shall bin iOS app and stick to safari.

Nada DeCat

Nada DeCat Plus

I can not upload anymore using my iphone and NO- it's not the "file size" . It just won't upload.

PsychoSassy

PsychoSassy

I can't watch any videos, the screen is black, but I get the sound. I'm using my Ipad 4 IOS 7. It does it both on the app, and going through safari. Please help!

Shon Frazier

Shon Frazier

iPad mini, iOS 7, latest Vimeo app
1) Shows some Vimeo-created videos in My Videos as if they were mine.
2) While browsing Staff Picks, I get sent to my Watch Later list randomly. When I return to Staff Picks, I'm back at the top and have to figure out where I left off.
3) Crashy McCrashpants when watching videos with AirPlay to AppleTV. Restart after crash starts playing Kidzilla on the AppleTV. Annoying.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, Shon. These are all bugs that our developers are aware of, and will hopefully have a fix for them soon.

Ben

Ben

Today, I fired up Vimeo app to check on a embedded video that I saw earlier on a browser. The experience took me to this thread. The app is totally incomplete and very unusable.

Dan Chan

Dan Chan

Watch Later doesn't download any files for offline viewing.
Is there any way to force a Watch Later video to start downloading for offline viewing?

Rachel

Rachel

How to delete a video on vimeo????
Thanks

Lewis McCormick

Lewis McCormick

Hi i've tried using the built Vimeo to upload my videos on ios7 . I select camera roll select the video click Vimeo and details then click post then..... Nothing. Nothing happens, no videos upload and i have no idea why. I am logged in as me on the settings but nothing happens.

Can anyone help please

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Lewis, we're aware that Apple's implementation of Vimeo uploading in iOS 7 has several shortcomings, including the lack of user feedback after tapping the 'Post' button. We've reached out to Apple and are told they will be making updates to iOS 7 that will improve the uploading experience.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing continual issues uploading from iOS 7, we recommend uploading through the mobile site on your device instead (vimeo.com/m/upload).

Daniel Rodriguez

Daniel Rodriguez

Unlike what was stated in previous posts, those stupid kidzilla videos do not leave once you're logged in. I do not want to see these videos. how do i really get rid of them.

Jose Perez

Jose Perez

Hey, this may have been discussed previously, so sorry... But I've just downloaded Vimeo on my ipad air and iphone 5....ios7... Signed into the app via Facebook... When I go into settings on either device and try to log in using my Facebook credentials...it tells me that my username and password are wrong.... Any ideas why?

Ricky F

Ricky F

Trying to upload two small 1 minute videos from an iPhone 4S. Going through my camera roll, when I type in a title and click post, NOTHING HAPPENS. Tried to upload via the mobile site on safari and the page stays frozen on "upload starting" forever then comes back with an "Oops! There's a problem on our end. Try again later."

Any help would be appreciative!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! We're aware that Apple's implementation of Vimeo uploading in iOS 7 has several shortcomings, including the lack of user feedback after tapping the 'Post' button. We've reached out to Apple and are told they will be making updates to iOS 7 that will improve the uploading experience.

In the meantime, if you're experiencing continual issues uploading from iOS 7, we recommend uploading through the mobile site on your device instead (vimeo.com/m/upload).

Matthias Cieschinger

Matthias Cieschinger Plus

How do I remove the KIDZILLA videos? I am logged in, but they are still visible and very annoying!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you log out, uninstall the video, and then reinstall and log back in? I believe this was an issue caused by upgrading from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

Matthias Cieschinger

Matthias Cieschinger Plus

Now version 4.0.7!!!… log out, delete app, install new version, log in… Kidzilla still visible and you can not make hide this stuff after login? Sorry Tommy, that's really a joke...

Pulse Production

Pulse Production Plus

I love vimeo and i encouraged everyone i know to use it , however , the ios7 app is what makes me dissatisfied. The app lags, its not stable , i keep loosing my synced videos and id have to sync them again for offline viewing, the failed uploads are listed in my videos section, playing clips sometimes takes forever and sometimes it doesnt play at all and the cursor stays st the beginning . Please do something about this. I love how we can view in offline mode but as i said loosing sync and sometimes it does decide to sync and sometimes not.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry! We're constantly making improvements to the app; I'll make sure our developers know about the failed uploads showing up, that shouldn't be happening.

Pulse Production

Pulse Production Plus

Ok please, cox currently im not using the wpp anymore cox it stopped syncing the newer ones amd as i said the failed videos show there too. Id appreciate a nesr update , i guess im not alone.

Jordan Brandenburg

Jordan Brandenburg

I just joined Vimeo bc it is awesome but I have to echo the sentiments here that the ios7 app is trash. It's a dumpster fire of an app. No ability to even search videos? Really? Why even have an app?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hey Jordan, welcome to Vimeo! Search is already in the iPhone app, and will be on the iPad with our next update.

Rich Slezak

Rich Slezak Plus

I cant believe after all these updates and still this app does nothing. I tried to upload a 15sec video using ios7 and iphone4s and still failed after hour and half of uploading. I tried using the mobile site (which btw is pointless to have an app and send users to a mobile site to upload) and got the same results. I had to connect my phone to my macbook, use preview to grab the file, open chrome and login to vimeo where I uploaded the file in under 20 sec. Come on guys get it straight. you are suppose to be professional. Youtube and instagram will upload way faster. Vimeo is loosing tracktion here and Ill bet you are seeing decline in users. Seriously why am I paying for Plus and have to deal with such poor quality?

Maybe you should create an app for those who actually pay and this app should be just a copy of the previous app. That should not take long. Hope you backed up your files!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Rich, we're aware that Apple's implementation of Vimeo uploading in iOS 7 has several shortcomings, including the lack of user feedback after tapping the 'Post' button. We've reached out to Apple and are told they will be making updates to iOS 7 that will improve the uploading experience.

Additionally, we are looking again at adding uploading capability back into our iOS 7 app, however we have no ETA for when this feature will be added.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No problem, Rich, thanks for your understanding and for checking out our app!

Steve  Pleydell-Pearce

Steve Pleydell-Pearce

Purchased a video ,can watch it online , can't watch it offline after selecting 'watch later', spinning wheel with ' switching to offline mode..' drop down banner stays on a black screen. Still have 'Kidzilla' vids on home screen can't get rid of them?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hmm, you might want to leave the app open in the background for a few minutes to allow some time for the video to sync.

With regards to the Kidzilla videos still appearing, this is a known issue -- if you only have a few videos uploaded to your account these videos will still appear.

Kris Kjellquist

Kris Kjellquist

Wow..this app is not very good...am I missing something or is there no way to search Vimeo from the app? How is that even possible?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We'll have search back in the iPad app soon, currently it's only available in the iPhone app.

Steve santjer

Steve santjer

No search? Excuse used: Hurry to get the app out to match the beauty of IOS7. A beautiful but useless app is still useless. What were you thinking? I'll tell you. Design before function.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Search is already available in the most updated version of the iPhone app and it will be available in the iPad app soon!

Sean Fidler

Sean Fidler

NO SEARCH? Are you KIDDING ME? Fail.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Search is already available in the most updated version of the iPhone app and it will be available in the iPad app soon!

Sean Fidler

Sean Fidler

Great to hear! Please hurry. Kinda useless without search. Good Luck, Sean.

Raphael Van Sitteren - DOP

Raphael Van Sitteren - DOP Plus

My recently uploaded videos are not showing up in my iOS 7 app. (iPhone 4S)

I uploaded new videos for the last couple of days with my computer, but I'm still seeing no new "auto synced" videos on the iPhone.
I tried increasing the number of autosynced videos in the preferences but nothing changed.

The iPhone is connected to wi-fi so it should not take ages to load new videos, right ? (no sign of activity showing on the phone anyway)

Any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks

Raf

suite156

suite156

Uploading video's from ios7 tot vimeo worked fine until today.
Settings on my iPhone have not changed. Unfortunately, uploading to vimeo has become impossible.
And because there's no other way of uploading from ios7, I'm paying for a service that's doing nothing.

Grieve Perspective

Grieve Perspective PRO

Posted this already in another area but these seems like a more aproritate setting...

The iPad Vimeo app 'upgrade' is nothing of the sort. I simply wanted to have my videos ready to show a client whilst I am away in S E Asia off the grid. A case of simply enabling off-line access? Simple yes? NO.

1) The only option is to enable offline access for more files based on how recent they are.

2) Even that does not work. It told me that they were ready for offline viewing, but were they hell.

The early iPhone ios Vimeo app was a model in how things should be done. This upgrade is not fit to kiss its shadow. Seriously thinking about moving to another platform.

Vimeo is known for catering to professionals, but this is NOT a pro app at all. Better functionality from the YouTube app.

Rage mode disengage.

Grieve Perspective

Grieve Perspective PRO

What on earth has happened to Vimeo? It used to the the professional's choice. Now it is rapidly becoming a pain to use.

LED FastStart Media

LED FastStart Media PRO

I have searched this entire thread and I still cannot find an answer/resolution regarding the SEARCH functionality in the app. Yes, there is now a SEARCH function. However, when I SEARCH, I am searching GLOBALLY and not searching through MY VIDEOS.

In an earlier post, we were told to go to the Safari browser, which has the same issue.

I just want to SEARCH MY videos - is that possible in the app?

Thank you.

Steve Youngblood

Steve Youngblood

iOS 7 has Vimeo settings that allow me to share movies (from iMovie) directly to Vimeo. BUT, my credentials do not work in the iOS 7 settings. The settings app just keeps saying my email and password are wrong. I can login fine with the Vimeo app. I can't though add Vimeo settings in settings on my iPhone. Any clue why?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're looking into this issue now, Steve. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Erin

Erin

Is this still an issue? I'm having the same problem. I cannot upload videos from my iphone 4 on iOS7. It worked perfectly before.

Johan Larsson

Johan Larsson

Non-HD videos does not seem to sync to my device if I have "Sync HD versions" enabled. My HD videos sync fine but I have a few videos that are not HD and they are not enabled for offline viewing.

Johan Larsson

Johan Larsson

My videos also seem to be re-downloaded every time I open the app.

Benjamin Busch

Benjamin Busch

My Videos don't sync, even after restarting my iPhone.

Hexiang65

Hexiang65

Hi Tommy: happy new year. Any news about uploading videos from a 4S IOS7?
It is still impossible to do it according to vimeo.com/blog/post:591 instructions.
Regards.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Happy New Year! Right now it's up to Apple to update iOS with improvements for uploading to Vimeo. Unfortunately we have no ETA as to when this update will occur.

Hexiang65

Hexiang65

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

Norbert Mikolajczyk

Norbert Mikolajczyk Plus

I think this app is the worst app ever. I cannot do anything in the app and the design is far from good. I like to read comments below the video, see the stats, comment. But now I cannot do anything. I think you are going nowhere in the long run, seriously. Your first version of the app was the best. If you cannot design proper app with all essential features I think you should try harder with another design team.

Hope you will re-think your strategy in happy 2014.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for your feedback Norbert. Many of those features, like commenting, are available through the mobile site, but we may include them in the app again in the future!

Arif Samin

Arif Samin

Hi Tommy. Great day.

Vimeo iOS app has been a really entertaining app for me, and I really love it that the app can store videos for me to watch them offline. However this Watch Later function has something that is bugging me, which is whenever I open the app and click on it first time, the locally stored videos will take some times to load up in the list. Plus, when I download new videos into it, other videos will disappear from the list and will take a bit of my precious time to appear again. But overall, it's been one of my favorite video apps. Cheers.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Thanks for your feedback! I am passing this along to Tommy and the mobile team. Cheers!

VANESSA A. BUCHKO

VANESSA A. BUCHKO

My iPhone 5 just automatically updated the Vimeo app, and now I can't figure out how to upload videos from my phone. There's a pull down list on the top, but none of the options talk about uploading. I also can't find the blue and white circle that we used to tap in order to upload. Please help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Vanessa, if you're on iOS7, you should upload to Vimeo from your Photos app. Select the video you'd like to upload, then tap on the Share icon located in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Tap Next, then select the Vimeo icon. From there, you can type in a description for your video, add tags, and control its privacy settings by tapping Details. When you've made your selections, tap Post.

For more info on this, visit: vimeo.com/s/tik

Alternatively, you can also upload via the mobile site by visiting vimeo.com/m/upload.

R. Scott Johnson

R. Scott Johnson Plus

Hey Vimeo,
The new app is not working for me. None of my videos will play from the app. The prior app was fine. I can see them all, but after clicking on the thumbnail, I only get the round, status loading icon, but the videos never start. I am using an iPad 4 Retina on iOS7.

Link: vimeo.com/rscottjohnson

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, is this happening with all videos on your account, or only specific ones?

R. Scott Johnson

R. Scott Johnson Plus

Tommy,
None of my videos on my account play. But, there are 3 videos at the bottom which are Vimeo clips (Kidzilla, Smash, and The Chase) those are animated thumbnails (sync'd i guess) and they play fine.

Min Benjamin-Hong

Min Benjamin-Hong PRO

This problems occurs only when accessing the desktop version of Vimeo on iOS 7 through Safari. I don't know if it happens with other browsers. It does not happen on the Vimeo app or the mobile site, neither of which allow me full control of my videos as a content uploader.

To further elaborate:

suddenly, starting last week, any video page I open on my iOS 7, through Safari, will keep scrolling back to the very top (again, this only happens on the desktop version of Vimeo). The only way to go around this is to wait until the page is fully loaded, zoom in, then navigate around the page.

The problem does not occur on any other type of page, only on video pages.

I've reset the data on my Safari and have tried everything on my end. Something must've changed in the coding of the video pages of the desktop version of Vimeo and is causing a conflict with Safari on iOS 7.

I'll try using a different browser.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Min Benjamin-Hong

Min Benjamin-Hong PRO

I confirmed the issue with another browser on iOS 7. I used Apollo and the same exact problem persists.

I would really love to get a solution for this.

This is the best way for me to manage my videos on the go and I find myself crippled recently ever since this problem popped up last week.

Zipline Creative

Zipline Creative PRO

Is it still not possible to add your own videos to the Watch Later feature on the iPad app? If so, why is this??

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

No, it's not possible to add your own videos to Watch Later in the app or on vimeo.com. Simply go to My Videos in the app to view your videos, and even sync them for offline playback!

Zipline Creative

Zipline Creative PRO

Thanks Tommy, but how can I watch the videos offline? If the Watch Later feature doesn't work, what else can I do?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

In the app, go to My Videos, and tap-and-hold the video you want to sync for offline.

Mark Andre

Mark Andre

When I try to use the vimeo app. It constantly asks me to connect my facebook acound despite me clicking don't allow each time. It has basically hijacked my phones since it asks every second. HELP!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that Mark! We're aware of this and hope to release our fix for it soon!

Iain Appleyard

Iain Appleyard Plus

Vimeo is saying that the slow playback in Australia is resolved. NO NO IT ISN"T. Its quicker for me to download the file and watch it locally than watch it on Vimeo. I find myself looking for interesting things and then searching on Youtube to view them. Its really annoying and for the last 3 months Vimeo has been incredible slow. Please do something i really miss the content.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're doing what we can Iain. If you have any trouble with the site, please post in the main help forum; this topic is reserved for iOS 7 feedback.

MollyJ74

MollyJ74 Plus

I cannot get any of my videos to load to vimeo...I have the latest iphone software on my iphone 5, nothing happens..no fail load message, nothing!!! What am I doing wrong...I deleted the app and reloaded it, still nothing.

this suxxx...especially b/c I just paid to have an upgraded version of vimeo so I can store all my videos there. NOT cool!!!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We have an update coming in the next few days that will resolve any playback issues, our apologies for any inconvenience!

Tony Kambourakis

Tony Kambourakis Plus

Any chance of the iOS app allowing you to view videos in a Group you're a member of?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Tony, it's not possible yet but certainly something we're interested in adding!

Jonas

Jonas Plus

I've been patiently waiting for videos to upload in the iOS7 options i know of:

- Camera roll (does not work via Wifi)
- Safari (not sure if it works, cancelled upload due to the heavy compression)
- iMovie (the "Uploading to Vimeo"-bar has been stuck on zero for 20 minutes via Wifi)

So currently there's NO way to upload videos to Vimeo via my iPhone or iPad.

Have you at least considered to add an upload feature to the new Vimeo app? Is it worth it to leave control over such crucial features to Apple?

I really love Vimeo, but it's been kind of a rough love lately.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes, we are considering adding upload back into the app, but there is no ETA for release.

Bob Gundu

Bob Gundu Plus

I'm getting constant "cannot connect to vimeo" warnings on the safari io7.

David Andora

David Andora Plus

I had so many problems until I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I suggest this as a potential solution to others. I'm running the most current Vimeo app on iOS on an iPhone 5s and iPad 3

cmscss

cmscss

Hi there,

When I open up the app I can't see any videos - how do you search so you can actually watch something? Sorry is this is easy.

Cheers

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

If you have the latest version of Vimeo's iOS app (4.0.8), you can search videos by pulling down (by tapping and dragging downwards) on the main home screen. This will reveal the Search bar. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Sainte Howard

Sainte Howard Plus

Hey guys. Nothing and I mean nothing plays back on my vimeo app since I upgraded to the new app. What's up?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? What model iOS device do you have?

Qineticare

Qineticare Plus

Hey guys I used to specify video start for referencing a vimeo (e.g. vimeo.com/8025XXXX#t=2m45s). It works in other browsers but not Safari, neither Safari in Windows/iPhone/iPad. I am wondering if it's normal ?

George Loco Angeludis

George Loco Angeludis Plus

Is there a way to see my password on iOS???? Because if I can't see it I can't work with the video or sent it to a client. This seems only possible on Computets....

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Nope, you need to go to the video's settings page to see the password for a clip, which is only available on the desktop site.

Jamie Owen

Jamie Owen

Hey guys,
Not specifically an iOS question but when uploading a video from iOS how can we automatically organise the content on vimeo using tags? Is this even possible? Example: all videos tagged with x go to album x - this would make our ability to get content organised very quickly when out on the road using the iOS app
Thanks

bdk

bdk

I am unable to view videos offline (airplane mode) that I have saved in my Watch Later tab and pressed the down arrow icon. I get notifications on my IPad that they have downloaded, but when I go to view them offline it says I can't watch them.

bdk

bdk

Specifically, when wi-if is disabled, or Airplane mode is engaged I receive a window with this prompt: "playback error (sad face icon) we're bummed, but you've got options: watch later or retry"

If I select retry, it goes to the player. I am unable to activate the play button, the screen stays black/blank, but the overall video time length is noted in the progress bar at the bottom.

Thanks for any help. Trying to stock up on some videos for my toddler to watch on an upcoming airplane ride.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that! Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and downloading those clips again?

We have an update to the app coming in the next week or so (pending Apple review) with tons of bug fixes to syncing and offline mode, so keep an eye out for updates!

Kevin Merz

Kevin Merz

It won't upload on ios 7. It says "upload failed"

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.