Stuart Homfray

Stuart Homfray

Hi guys,
I have searched the forums for this, but I have yet to find a conclusive solution. I have been seeing an inconsistency when viewing a video with autoplay in IE8. I have a basic test page in order to rule out any other possible conflicts: moser-glass.com/vimeo.html. If you view the HTML source, you will see that I am using the iframe code from developer.vimeo.com/player/embedding.

Testing the page with IE8 (v8.0.7601.17514) running Flash v11.8.800.175 in Windows 7, I found that:
i) initial page load: video autoplays fine
ii) refreshing page using the browser refresh button: 6/10 times worked fine; 1/10 worked, but very VERY slow (approx 25 seconds before anything appeared), 3/10 did not work at all (a black container - no player chrome)
iii) using the 'reload page' link (simply a link to the same page): did not work at all (as (ii) failures).
We really need IE8 to work :) - any suggestions please?

Link: moser-glass.com/vimeo.html

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

We're still looking into this case. Please stick to our email chain for further support regarding this, as it creates lots of confusion and redundancy on our part to switch back and forth. Thanks.

Stuart Homfray

Stuart Homfray

Apologies if that post was a bit 'terse' - I was attempting to get as much info as possible within the character limit of the textbox :)

Henk Poley

Henk Poley

btw, videos that are loaded with Moogaloop 5.2.* still reload just fine. Moogaloop 5.5* gives problems on reload in IE8 (or later, when in IE8 mode). Sadly you have no control over this.

I watch the requests with Fiddler2, but IE8 Developer Toolbar ought to be able to tell the version that's requested within the iframe too.

It's affecting about 12% of all primary schools in The Netherlands.

Links: twitter.com/omarqureshi/status/381018280661897216, vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:108171

Henk Poley

Henk Poley

Moogaloop 5.5.0b34 now displays "Sorry. There was an error encountered while loading this video." on reload. Still doesn't work.

Jane Rosengren

Jane Rosengren PRO

Im pretty sure we got the same problem as Henk poley is telling about, our videos works just fine in chrome and other browsers but comes with the loading error in IE.
we discovered this in the past week because our customers starts to complain about it.
will be happy to know about a fix for this.

Nieuwsbegrip

Nieuwsbegrip Plus

@Mikey is there any news on this issue? We really want to solve this as quickly as we can as it affects a great number of our clients.
We have a PRO account, does that help to speed things up a bit?

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Please stick to our email chain for further support regarding this, as it creates lots of confusion and redundancy on our part to switch back and forth. Thanks.

Nieuwsbegrip

Nieuwsbegrip Plus

We are really not happy with this issue not being solved. We were hoping for better support. Because of this issue and Vimeo not solving it, we need to look for another solution than Vimeo. Really too bad, because we like your service.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! Unfortunately we are still troubleshooting with this issue. We can assure you that we will find a fix to the problem asap. Thanks!

PEARL MEDIA GmbH

PEARL MEDIA GmbH PRO

And it's the same here. Embedded videos and autoplay are frustrating us and our custumers as well. It worked well a few weeks ago. Then something changed and all of our videos are "waiting" minutes before autoplay.

Our managment ordered us developers to replace vimeo as fast as possible. but i would like to stay here, because of the many days of developing we invested here.
So please fix it very fast or give us a workaround !! This is really a killing-bug.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link us to where you are seeing this happen? Thanks!

Nieuwsbegrip

Nieuwsbegrip Plus

Some of our users keep reporting black squares where the video should be, in IE and Chrome (unknown versions) :(

Mark

Mark Staff

We don't have any other reports of this. Without more detailed information about browser versions, OS, etc there's unfortunately not a whole lot we can do. Can you have some people experiencing issues contact us directly so we don't have to go through a middle man? They can email support(at)vimeo(dot)com if they don't have a vimeo account.

Nieuwsbegrip

Nieuwsbegrip Plus

Some of our clients have installed "internet child proofing" blocking-software by kliksafe.nl/

This (also) resulted in the black squares where the video should have been.

Is there any straightforward way for Kliksafe to sync up with our (publicly unlisted) private video's?

Mark

Mark Staff

That what's happens when you install stuff like that. You'd have to whitelist Vimeo. *.vimeo.com and *vimeocdn.com are the URLs that would need to be unblocked.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.