Jonathan Taranto

Jonathan Taranto

So I seem to have shot myself in the foot here...

There was always that little notification that popped up when I hit the fullscreen button... Asking something along the lines of "do you want to enable fullscreen", and then an option to display or not display this notification again.

In a moment of attempting to choose 'yes, i do want to enable fullscreen', and 'no, i don't want to see this message again', I accidentally clicked 'no, I don't want to go fullscreen', and 'no, i don't want to see this message again'...

So now I'm stuck with not being able to go fullscreen in Vimeo videos (fullscreen button does nothing now), and I can't find how to bring this notification screen back to choose the other option!

I hope all this made sense? Any help would be much appreciated!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you try clearing cache and cookies in your web browser and try again? Please let me know if you experience the same issue.

Jonathan Taranto

Jonathan Taranto

Hi Derek,

Yep tried that already and still the same problem :/

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Jonathan,

You can manage the fullscreen permissions from "about:permissions". Just type that in the location bar, and then search for player.vimeo.com in the left pane.

Jonathan Taranto

Jonathan Taranto

Fantastic Brad! Worked like a charm, I knew there must be a setting for it somewhere. I didn't even know about the "about:permissions"... Very useful, cheers

Bob Lorrimer

Bob Lorrimer Plus

I still cannot go to FULL SCREEN following your recent changes.....I am on OSX 10.5.8 user and I will have to stay with it for a few more months because of an on going project in FCP 6.

It's very frustrating as I now have to use YOU TUBE. :((

Where is the 'about permissions' will that help?

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Bob, can you tell me which browser this is happening in?

Bob Lorrimer

Bob Lorrimer Plus

Safari.....although My great Imac 24 is only three and a half years old I have not updated the software because I had not wanted to move onto FCP X, (I regret my decision now as I have fallen behind apparently).

Everything worked perfectly until about two weeks ago when you made some "backend changes" !

Thank-you for picking up on it.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Is the issue that you're not seeing the fullscreen button on the player? If it's there can you describe what happens when you click on it?

Bob Lorrimer

Bob Lorrimer Plus

The Full Screen button IS on the player as usual....and it 'highlights' when I click on it - but nothing happens.
Normally it would immediately go to FULL gorgeous SCREEN.

My own Full Screen functions on the Imac and other sites are as normal.

The embeds of Vimeo videos also will not jump to Full Screen.

Thank -you

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks, Bob. Does it make a difference if you click the fullscreen button before or after clicking play for the first time?

Bob Lorrimer

Bob Lorrimer Plus

No; clicking on the FULL SCREEN button before play or after makes no difference....Vimeo will no longer go to 'full screen'.

All I can do is expand the image (cmd +) on my IMAC which is not satisfactory.

It worked perfectly until about 6 weeks ago.

I find the HD definition to be better on my Imac 24 than on the new Imac 27 which I have examined in the shops.

starb

starb

I have same with fullscreen now and a week ago for about a day. Makes no difference when clicked. I have fast 35-200Mbps ethernet, updated snow leopard & safari. Grey load bar just creeps 10 seconds ahead if lucky. Oddly, in Staff picks since about six months ago it loads quickly when click thumbnail even though I don't want it to; only want to read description and then decide if want to load. BTW I actually downloaded a vimeo vid on vimeo without slowness.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hello. Sorry, i'm confused - Is your problem that you cannot make videos fullscreen or that you can't get videos to play? This thread is about trouble with the fullscreen button.

starb

starb

Sorry just added some extra info thought it might be useful. Fullscreen working now and grey bar showing much better load. Fingers crossed. Thank you

Gordon Sawyer

Gordon Sawyer Plus

i still can't seem to figure this out. videos won't play fullscreen.

safari 5.0.6

box goes blue when i hover but doesn't react when i click.

thanks for your help

Diego Grimaldi

Diego Grimaldi

I'm having a weird full screen problem...I'm on Google Chrome and never had any problems before.
Now when I full screen, the full screen works weird. It opens half way through the screen. I tried clearing cache, cookies and everything else...Nothing worked!

Here's a screencap:
dropbox.com/s/bhqp6hbhwbg5pw5/FullScreenProblem.jpg

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Diego, it looks like you're using a very old version of Chrome. Please try upgrading to the most recent version and let us know if this issue persists. Thanks!

Diego Grimaldi

Diego Grimaldi

Thanks Zena! I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, but it's finally working now :)
Thanks again

Feral Film

Feral Film PRO

I'm now having the same problem with Firefox, I initially ignored what ever the pop up prompt said about full screen without even reading it and I now cant go full screen. Works fine in Safari but I prefer Firefox for professional uploads. Please help. PS Tried to search for the solution posted above (pasted below) but can't find the option.

"You can manage the fullscreen permissions from "about:permissions". Just type that in the location bar, and then search for player.vimeo.com in the left pane".

Thanks.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Do you mean that "player.vimeo.com" is not in the left pane? Also make sure to check for "vimeo.com" as well.

Feral Film

Feral Film PRO

This maybe a transatlantic language barrier but when you say 'left pane' I just know what you're referring to. Could you post a screen grab URL please? Thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

Brad means on the left hand side of the about:permissions page

Feral Film

Feral Film PRO

I'm sorry, is this a Viemo setting or a browser setting?

Chicken Little Productions

Hi i am also having problems with full screen. I click over the button but nothing happens but a noise. Sorry not great with computers so may need a little help.
Thanks

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you please elaborate what you mean by "nothing happens but a noise." What kind of noise are you hearing?

Hi
Thanks for getting back so quickly:-)
Im on my mac book pro and it makes a noise that it makes when something won't open . Sorry if that dent make sense. It used to work fine.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Does this happen for all Vimeo videos or does it happen for one video in particular? Could you link me there?

Its happening to all of them. It seems i can open them to fullscreen once and then doesn't work after that. It happens with videos I have uploaded and any of the videos i watch.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Could you please try viewing the videos in fullscreen using a different browser? Does the same issue occur?

Ron Edmonds

Ron Edmonds Plus

where is the location bar, where you want us to type in fullscreen permissions from "about:permissions". Just type that in the location bar, I'm confused

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Type only "about:permissions" in Firefox.

Do you have the same isaue in Safari?

Peter O' Neill

Peter O' Neill

Right, Very confusing/ confused

I am using Safari 6.1.1, i only updated it a few weeks ago. However since the update i to am having problems with the full screen mode. An earlier post asked if it works for the first video playback. Yes it does. After that then i am not able to view videos in full screen. the button icon is there, it responds to being push with a tone but nothing happens! i have tried looking in Safari and Vimeo settings to no avail…
Any help would be much appreciated.
Pete

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry for the trouble! Have you tried clearing cache in Safari? Also, are you running an add-ons or plugins with Safari? If so, could you try disabling them?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.