A. Isse

A. Isse

I cannot view any video on vimeo.com, I get blank black window or "this video cannot be played with your current setup".

I tried multiple computers with multiple browsers. Internet Explore 10, Chrome, Firefox. Windows 7.

I tried internet at work and at home.

Nothing works.

It's frustrating because our corporate videos are there and we needed them for presentation.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hello! Can you please try installing flash? (Or if it's installed, uninstall it then re-install it?)

A. Isse

A. Isse

I tried that but no go. Are videos and layouts loading from external url other than vimeo.com and vimeopro.com? I know those two sites are allowed on our firewall but it's possible that external emended urls are still blocked. Site layout is also messing up as well when I try to load a video

A. Isse

A. Isse

I found what my issue was. The firewall was blocking the site: vimeocdn.com.

Invisible urls will create headache for lot of people.

Mark

Mark Staff

Ah, glad you've figured it out. Sorry about that. Yeah, both *.vimeo.com and *.vimeocdn.com should be whitelisted.

VPW

VPW

same problem here...I can not see any videos..

Mark

Mark Staff

Try this:

• Open your Chrome browser and type the following in the URL bar: chrome://flags
  • Then, scroll down until you see the setting "Disable hard-ware accelerated video decode."
  • Look for the button that says "Enable" and click it so that it changes to "Disable."
Luke Shearman

Luke Shearman

I have the same problem, been having it for a while.
I have sound, can interact with the interface, the video appears to load but video does not display (displays either black or green).
I have noticed a lot of people with the same problem and have not found a working solution.
I am running windows 8, chrome, I have uninstalled both chrome and flash, have tried firefox and explorer. I have clears cache etc...
Would really appreciate a permanent fix for this.
Cheers guys.

Mark

Mark Staff

Try this:

• Open your Chrome browser and type the following in the URL bar: chrome://flags
  • Then, scroll down until you see the setting "Disable hard-ware accelerated video decode."
  • Look for the button that says "Enable" and click it so that it changes to "Disable."
Elena Fabrizi

Elena Fabrizi

Hello. I have the same problems: I hear the sounds but I cannot see any image.

Mark

Mark Staff

Try this:

Paul Molyneux

Paul Molyneux

I had this issue when viewing the videos using an iframe and api combined on mac devices, try emptying your cache and using Firefox as your browser.

Then try visiting player.vimeo.com/playground

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.