Ace Reyes

Ace Reyes

Quick update. Did some tests - HD button shows on desktop browsers. But on mobile (iphone and Ipad) it does not show at all

Mark

Mark Staff

You cannot switch between SD and HD on mobile anymore. We choose whichever is best for your connection.

rob bob

rob bob

that is shocking..that should be for the user to decide.. my oh my, Vimeo has went downhill recently..

Ace Reyes

Ace Reyes

Can this be a user option? Part why i got the plus subscription is so that i can somewhat force people to watch it in HD by defaulting it to HD.

Otherwise this will be a huge setback for me. Nobody uses desktops anymore, youtube had this same mistake with their own app and now they updated it as an option

Ace Reyes

Ace Reyes

Thanks. This is a serious concern for me, i love making videos even if i am not as good as the ones in this community. But like them, we share a genuine concern that we want to have our videos seen at the best quality it can on a desired medium/device by a user. This is why i opt to upload in 720p instead for maximum compatibilty. Removing it on mobile devices and letting AI decide for me is a huge mistake, although intentions to streamline user experience is appreciated, video quality should never a decision to be made by zeros and ones

Mark

Mark Staff

Thanks for your insight, Ace. Unfortunately i'm not the one to make a decision like that, but your feature request post will be seen by the right people.

Cheers!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.