Jason Kraynek

Jason Kraynek PRO

you marked my last forum completed/resolved by saying to just switch browsers and see if that works. doesn't really help me with my issue in safari though as i can assume isn't just me as its still happening. (almost seems like they are 30p videos trying to playback at 24p)

i tried to click on/off the "Enable WebGL" but that doesn't do anything.
is there a team working on this currently? or something i can try?

Mark

Mark Staff

We have no other reports of choppy playback in Safari so this seems to be just limited to your computer only. If another browser is working better for you, i'd recommend sticking with that one.

Jason Kraynek

Jason Kraynek PRO

if it was on my end though it would be effecting other video sites like youtube, Facebook, chive, funny or die, college humor, etc- of which Vimeo is the only video site that plays back like this since the new player was installed on your site.

Jason Kraynek

Jason Kraynek PRO

yes, it seems to be only on Safari and only on Vimeo post the player change. The only other browser i tried was Chrome.

Jason Kraynek

Jason Kraynek PRO

still horrible playback on safari, there is no buffer to stop either, nor a way to switch from flash to hml5

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Jason,

Safari uses QuickTime technology to decode video, so it sounds like the issue you are experiencing may be related to an issue with QuickTime's decoding. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickTime. If you continue to experience difficulty, I would recommend contacting Apple's support services to see if anyone else has found a workaround for this issue with QuickTIme.

Since the video plays correctly in other browsers (which use other methods of decoding), we can be sure that the issue is not related to Vimeo's encoding of the file.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.