Stuart Brown

Stuart Brown

When I try to play back any video on Vimeo, I get the message "This video can't be played with your current setup". Since my "setup", whatever that means, is perfectly capable of playing back YouTube, what's the problem with Vimeo?

I'm using Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.

Mona Lisa Mallory

Mona Lisa Mallory

I'm having the same problem, posted yesterday, but have no idea where my post went. If it wasn't for a good cause, I wouldn't even bother, it's been a pain in the butt!

Mona Lisa Mallory

Mona Lisa Mallory

I'm using Firefox 25.0 also, I don't like Chrome, it's too intrusive. My computer is Windows 7 64 bit.

Mona Lisa Mallory

Mona Lisa Mallory

I'm going to update my Flash and see if that helps, thank you!

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Mona,

You shouldn't need Flash in Firefox on Windows unless it's an older video. Can you link me to the video that's showing the message?

ArtsAtlas

ArtsAtlas

So.... I have three videos on VImeo... two of them owrked just fine 2 months ago... nwo none of them seem to get past the "cannot play with your current setup" message... on BOTH Internet Explorer and Firefox... none of my settings have changed so what gives?

Did you guys happen to do an update on Vimeo recently and break something?

Mark

Mark Staff

1. Is this happening on all videos or just embeds?
  2. Can you tell me which browsers you are seeing (and not seeing) this happen in?
  3. Are you using any proxies?
  4. In FF, go to Firefox > Preferences > Advanced and uncheck "use hardware acceleration when available" - Does that fix it?

Please post your findings in this thread: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:110925 so we don't have multiple threads open about this issue.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.