Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

This issue seems to be affecting users of Safari 5.1. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend upgrading to a new version of Safari. If your version of Mac OS X will not allow you to upgrade Safari, we recommend switching to a different, more modern browser (for example, Chrome or Firefox).

If you are experiencing this issue with a different browser, please contact us using the contact form at vimeo.com/help/contact and provide detailed information about the issue and your browser. Thank you!

jimbo

jimbo

Hi all, i have used vimeo for years with no issues but 2days ago the videos in my feed would not play full screen when the full screen button was clicked. now they do but the full screen goes to full screen for only a second before going to a full screen cropped video mode, the screen is in full screen but it is like a large zoomed in version of the page.

I have checked for updates in software and updated as required, restarted, reset safari and still the problem persists so assume it is an issue with vimeo. Any suggestions for a fix?

jimbo

jimbo

Added info... like a large zoomed in version of the top left corner of the vimeo page, this is like this in both the my feed and the video pages.

Edwards Photo

Edwards Photo PRO

Just viewed a Vimeo movie that was embedded in a forum and it played perfectly fine at full screen. However, when I press the Vimeo link to view the same movie from the Vimeo home page, the full screen displays wrongly, the movie moves to one side of the screen. So the Safari browser can actually display properly, the Vimeo developers must have changed something in the code very recently because I don't think this happened last week.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

This sounds like an issue isolated to Safari 5.1. If possible, we recommend upgrading to a new version of Safari. If your version of Mac OS X will not allow you to upgrade Safari, we recommend switching to a different, more modern browser (for example, Chrome or Firefox).

Our developers will investigate this issue with Safari 5.1 but we cannot guarantee that it will be resolved immediately. Sorry about that!

Edwards Photo

Edwards Photo PRO

Me too, Safari 5.1.10. Exactly like jimbo says. This didn't happen a few days ago, it's a new problem.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

This sounds like an issue isolated to Safari 5.1. If possible, we recommend upgrading to a new version of Safari. If your version of Mac OS X will not allow you to upgrade Safari, we recommend switching to a different, more modern browser (for example, Chrome or Firefox).

Our developers will investigate this issue with Safari 5.1 but we cannot guarantee that it will be resolved immediately. Sorry about that!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.