Simeon Nartoomid

Simeon Nartoomid Plus

When trying the download links on my (private) video at vimeo.com/82333403 the browser's view port screen turns black and the browser hangs for quite awhile and nothing else happens. If after the browser recovers from the hang I click anywhere on the black screen the browser hangs again.

Works fine in Chrome.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

To download a video file, click the "Download" button that appears below the video player. Once you’ve done that, a little menu will appear, and in some cases, you’ll see links for several different versions of the video, including a mobile, SD, and/or HD file. You’ll need to decide which version of the video you’d like to download, and click to make the magic happen.

Depending on your browser, clicking the link may result in the video playing in a new tab instead of downloading the file to your computer. Don’t panic! If this occurs:

+ *For Windows users*: Right-click on the link and choose “Save as” or “Save target as.”
+ *For Mac users*: Hold down the Control key on your keyboard and click the link, then choose “Save link as” or “Download linked file.”

Simeon Nartoomid

Simeon Nartoomid Plus

This is exactly what I was doing to produce the browser hang I am reporting. I am aware of the right-click option as a work around, but I am not reporting this to expand my own knowledge about how to download, but rather to let you know there is a problem with just left clicking the links in Firefox on my computer. If this i occurring here for me it is likely occurring for others who are trying to view download Vimeo videos and most people will just move on and not report the problem.

Mark

Mark Staff

This is working fine for me in Firefox and seems to just be limited to your computer. Do you have any add-ons or plugins running?

Simeon Nartoomid

Simeon Nartoomid Plus

Yes of course, and I am also using WIN XP Pro SP3, so that may also be part of it.

Mark

Mark Staff

Okay, can you try disabling all of the plugins and see if it works?

Simeon Nartoomid

Simeon Nartoomid Plus

Ran Firefox in Safe Mode (everything disabled and at default settings) and it still does the same thing.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hmm, okay. I can't seem to replicate this issue. I will check on another machine when we're back in the office on Monday.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.