Dannyjive

Dannyjive

I'd love to see Vimeo do a Lightbox2 effect, but for videos. Something like this: lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/

I've struggled with finding a way to do this with video on my own site and it seems like you need a decent understand of JavaScript to make it work for you.

If Vimeo offered an easy way to do this I think it would be an incredible advantage over its competitors.

So I guess what I'm asking is: Can you guys create a way to embed videos that use the Lightbox2 effect, simply?

Just my thoughts. Thanks.

Underground Planet

Underground Planet Plus

Interesting, saw pop out stuff like that with instructional videos that are hosted on Vimeo today looking at widgets.

widgetbox.com/

You might have to dig a little while, try making one with your rss feed and look for the option "Watch a video on Blidget Pro themes". Cool stuff.

- Ray

SlicedTomato Productions

SlicedTomato Productions PRO

I would love to have an integrated lightbox feature! The reason being, I would like to have thumbnail images on my site that would take up a smaller amount of space and the visitor could pick a video via thumbnail and view it in HD. This would be an amazing feature and would keep vimeo ahead of the competition!

Setter Studios

Setter Studios Plus

I'm with Jim on this one. I'd love to have a vimeo widget that is automatically generated by vimeo on my website so that when I upload a new video it automatically shows up on my website. It would be thumbnails that then open the full video in a nice clean light box. Currently I use the vimeo widget that uses the thumbnails but I don't like that it just links to the vimeo page for that video - yuck!

Israel Meneses

Israel Meneses

Friends,
Here's the solution, just follow these steps and it will work.

1- Go to this site and download script "videobox-lb.sourceforge.net/";

2- Follow the installation instructions

3- add this code and replace your "clip_id=7988335"

a href = "vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=7988335"; rel="vidbox 600 450" title="Minkys Lash Tray"

4- Save and upload to server.
5- Sit back smile and relax.
6- Have a great day!!

Erika 'Netic

Erika 'Netic

Hello! am I missing something? It doesn't seem to support vimeo? Is there a way to make it so it does?

Web Presence

Web Presence

This was great, but doesnt seem to load the video on iPad

FRAME WORK

FRAME WORK

didnt work for me....this is what my code says:

Also, where are the 3 folders (CSS, SWF, JS) supposed to be, i have them all separate in my site folder.....

Thanks!

Firemake

Firemake

hey fram work, did u get to work the box video with vimeo ???

tell me please... my email is: firemake@gmail.com

Wiley

Wiley

It's actually pretty easy to do with lytebox using rel="lyteframe" instead of rel="lytebox"

dolem.com/lytebox/

If I can figure it out anybody can!

The A Game

The A Game

Thanks Jonathan. It worked pretty easily from the link you provided.

Todd Moen Creative

Todd Moen Creative PRO

Hey guys. Here's a tough one...
How to open lightbox+vimeo from a flash button?
Any ideas? I'm killing myself trying to figure it out.
Thanks

Creative Visions

Creative Visions

i have been trying to figure out how to use fancybox with vimeos simple api gallery. i like that with the php gallery it will update the thumbnails automatically when a new video is uploaded to vimeo, but i can't seem to get it to open up in fancybox.

this does not work:

href : this.href.replace(new RegExp("([0-9])","i"),'moogaloop.swf?clip_id=$1')

i can get it to open one video if i set the same line to:

href : 'vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=14423786';

any suggestions?

Dan Gearity

Dan Gearity

I've been looking for the same function. have you figured this one out yet?

rak

rak

I just added Vimeo support to the jQuery version of Videobox, my version here: github.com/rakhub/jqVideoBox/

Here's the pre-Vimeo jQuery version with instructions and demo: emposha.com/javascript/jqvideobox-v-1-00.html
If you prefer, you can modify this version yourself, this is the code you need to insert at line-131: pastebin.com/DiTf2h5n

The original Videobox used MooTools, and is available here: videobox-lb.sourceforge.net
This is the code you need to insert at line-87: pastebin.com/MLupMUKm

Hope it works for you!

No Rational Product

No Rational Product

hey rak, after doing all this, the lightbox shows me "sorry, the video is not abailable". u got some ideas?

rak

rak

What's the link to the video you are using?

No Rational Product

No Rational Product

hey rak, i worked 10 months with a other solutions but's a class "b" solution. i'd love to work with my vimeo-vids on the videobox. as i wrote 10 months ago, i've done all your steps, but nothing happend but "sorry, the video is not abailable". i used a link like vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34304171 as well as a link like vimeo.com/34304171, nothing worked. what do you think?

rak

rak

The original Videobox script I forked has been updated to include support for Vimeo and a few more sites, try that: github.com/emposha/jqVideoBox

Otherwise, post a link to the page you're using the code on?

The code is working OK on a number of sites.

MaxCurious

MaxCurious Plus

Yes..how was this done..we are looking for a lightbox function that plays the video and has the text next to the video

Soot+Mez

Soot+Mez

It's not working for me, could you provide a link to the your website where this is working?

Dmitri's Animation

Dmitri's Animation

Let me know if you want the code, or feel free to look at the source.

Peter R.

Peter R.

Very slick! Nicely done.

And incredible skateboarding skills, too.

Jason Barnett

Jason Barnett

@Jamie: is there a way to make this work for iOS devices? I can't seem to get the video to come up on an iPad and I'm guessing it's Flash related (the swf).

christophott

christophott

hmm, only a white box appears... and nothing happens, no video in it. Anyone know a solution?

djhonyy

djhonyy

hi, the withe box appears when you use my forked project?

Yardi

Yardi PRO

Yes adding out of the box support to create a thumbnail and Lightbox of any videos would be fantastic
It allows us to show multiple videos without having to scroll and when the user hits play the video can go almost fill the screen so from the users perspective, they don't have to hit full screen to enjoy.

Ed McLaren DDS MDC

Ed McLaren DDS MDC PRO

Yea, please add this functionality to Vimeo and allow a Buy it Now button to be added to the video.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

If you embed VOD titles, people have the ability to purchase your VOD from the player, via popup window.

We don't have any plans for providing a lightbox for Vimeo embeds, but I wouldn't rule that out either. Many third-party sites/services provide code already to open iframes in lightboxes.

WaterlilyProductions

WaterlilyProductions PRO

My customers are wanting a lightbox feature with their embeded videos. Please make this a priority. Thx

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.