Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

*Updated 4/24/14

Hey everybody! Version 4.0.11 of the Vimeo iOS 7 app is available now, and we're eager to hear your feedback! This latest update has bug fixes, UX refinements, and performance improvements that bring more of the Vimeo to your beloved iPhone or iPad. If you don't have the app installed, or don't have automatic updates enabled, point Safari here to download the app: j.mp/vimeo_ios7

If you have any questions, concerns, bugs, or constructive criticism, please post below!

Also, our award winning* mobile FAQ has been updated with new vital information for your brains. Learn more about Vimeo on iOS 7 here: vimeo.com/s/tht

*awarded by our mothers

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

hi.

i cannot remove videos from 'My Likes'. After i 'unlike' a video, it makes way for another liked video. Howevef when i restart thd app, the 'unliked' video reappears.

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

i hv reinstalled vimeo app. i now notice that the Videos saved under 'My Likes' do not appear at all in the app version. Is this a bug ? Previous versions show both 'Watch later' and 'my likes' videos.

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

ok. i checked 2day and 'My Likes' videos hv appeared as they should.

However i notice the following 'bugs' :
1. i cannot save a video without ALSO tagging it as 'Watch Later'. in other words, i cannot save a video tagged 'Heart' ONLY. Both must be tagged to enable saving.

2. when i try to un-tag 'Watch Later' on a saved video, it prompts if i want to delete the video. It still deletes the video although i tap cancel.

In the earlier version with the airplane, heart & watch later on the left side, you could save videos separately under 'Watch Later' and 'My Likes'

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

hi. just to be clear, saved in 1 & 2 above meaning downloaded to device. Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

By default, saving videos for offline viewing will add it to Watch Later. This cannot be changed.

When removing a saved video from Watch Later, you're asked if you want to also remove the video from your device; tapping OK will remove it, tapping Cancel will keep it on your device (although it will be more difficult to find). We'll try to make that more clear.

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

Hi Tom,

ok. noted. so, watch later and save to device is the same thing ? then y hv 2 separate categories ?

2ndly, so, i can have a favorite video, but i cannot watch it offline ?

daniel agger1

daniel agger1

Previously, i would download a video and tag it under Watch Later. If i liked a video, I could then tag it under My Likes while removing the Watch Later tag. This way, i could maintain videos separately under Watch Later and My Likes for offline viewing.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes, on your device Watch Later and saving for offline are similar concepts now, this way all the videos you save for offline are available in the same spot.

Jurek Ugarow

Jurek Ugarow Plus

On my iPhone 5s the app attempts to load and then just quits. I have the latest OS and app version.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Glad to hear it Jurek! Sometimes data can be corrupted when updating an app.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, the scope of search is all videos on Vimeo, it's not possible to filter it to only your own videos.

Mantas Jockus

Mantas Jockus Plus

how about an update for android????? talking for about an year that there is coming one soon....nothing is coming.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Yes, we're aware that our Android app has not been aging gracefully. We'll have a replacement to the app in the near future, but I cannot provide an ETA for when we'll have any updates out.

Marcin Giers

Marcin Giers

iOS App.....I just can't watch videos, all stop after a few seconds. Doesn't matter whether it is wifi or LTE. I can add/download videos to the app. This is so annoying!!!!!!

Marcin Giers

Marcin Giers

I did it a few times and it won't work properly. Everything worked ok before updates, but I don't remember exactly which one....

Marcin Giers

Marcin Giers

First some, now all. I've just tried to watch 6 first Staff Picks. All stopped after 1-3 secodns. There's no problem with downloaded videos.

pjanco@gswa.com

pjanco@gswa.com

Bummed. Was excited to use this app. There are no tools to upload my own videos. All I get is Kidzilla. I have an iPhone 5S. How do I get to the "upload video" tool??

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Uploading to Vimeo is built into iOS now. Log into your Vimeo account under iOS Settings, then from your Photos or Camera apps, pick the video you want to upload, select Share, and then tap Vimeo.

Alternatively you can also upload to Vimeo via the mobile site:

Link: vimeo.com/m/upload

Marcin Giers

Marcin Giers

Have just updated Vimeo to 4.0.11 and it still won't work properly. Videos stop after a few seconds. Doesn't matter whether this is WiFi or just LTE. Please, fix this bug!

iOS 7.1.1, iPhone 5S

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Marcin, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, something may have been corrupted when updating.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Marcin, sorry, I see you've posted earlier so you've probably already tried that. Can you contact us via the link below so I can collect more information from you to pass on to our developers? Thanks.

Link: vimeo.com/help/contact#using-mobile

Serge Kushnier

Serge Kushnier Plus

I love Vimeo. Let's start there. BUT this app is terrible. bugs. rarely can even watch my own videos. I would REALLY like an update so I can view stats. wanna see if my videos have been view, liked or otherwise.

nicelife_bs

nicelife_bs

I really like your web service and web interface but the ios app is absolutley rubbish.
- The kidzilla ample videos are annoying and cannot be removed
- the big tiles are nice but don't help to find content fast
- where can I access my groups, list and follower?
My question is: why are you developing an app which doesn't support the basics? And if I recall that right these functions have been in earlier versions, or am I wrong?
Sorry for the harsh critique and please keep refining it.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

With regards to the Kidzilla videos, they are automatically hidden after you upload a few clips of your own. Groups, Channels, Albums, and Portfolios are not available yet but we're looking into ways of incorporating them in the future.

We're constantly updating the app, so keep an eye out for updates!

Bill Howard

Bill Howard

I'm new to VIMEO. Installed the newest version of the mobile app on my iPhone 5s. After logging in, a popup asks permission to connect to my Facebook. Regardless if which option I choose (don't allow or OK) the permission request keeps popping up; and it locks the app. I can't exit out of the app without shutting my iPhone down.

Bill Howard

Bill Howard

Tommy, yes, I am. I also tried logging into Vimeo through the iOS settings, same problem.

Bill Howard

Bill Howard

Yes, several times. I even did a full restore on my iPhone thinking there might be a corrupt command left behind or something. No help. I was able to get it to work on my iPad, so I'm lead to believe there's something going on with my iPhone. (Both have the latest version of iOS on them).

Now that I was able to get it to work on my iPad, I'm finding other bugs. Added a video to my watch later list on the website, but it will not play on my iPad (blank screen after hitting play). . Also, I'm not able to see my Following list on the iPad.
\

Jose Castellano

Jose Castellano

...the interface of the app was great and you change it to WHITE!?...please turn it back to dark grey or at least give us the option to change it, white is very disturbing on a screen...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.