Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

I have tried to post to Facebook. Vimeo does not respond (i.e., a link to the video and the video description does not appear). After trying several times, this error message appears: "The connection you are using has been automatically prevented from communicating with Vimeo's servers. This ban will be lifted automatically after an appropriate period of time."

My questions:
1. I have used this same procedure multiple times in the past. Nothing has changed in my account. What's the problem with posting to FB?
2. How long do I have to wait ("appropriate period of time") before trying again?
3. Is there a work-around?

Link: vimeo.com/90472882

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry about that! Could you try clearing cache and take another look?

Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

Any further suggestions? After clearing cache it is still impossible to post.

Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

Sixteen hours later, and Vimeo still does not allow posting to Facebook. Please help!

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Hi John,

Sorry about that! It appears that I am able to successfully post your video to Facebook. Could you try opening an alternate web browser and give it another shot? If the same issue occurs, please notify me and we will dig deeper. Thanks!

Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

Derek, I have tried posting to FB in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (and have cleared the cache again). In all three I still get the "429" error from Vimeo.

Digging deeper seems necessary! Much obliged for your help.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Sorry for the wait! Are you running any add-ons or plugins with your web browser? If so, could you try disabling them and try again?

Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

Tried & failed. I started Firefox in safe mode, but still get the "Vimeo / 429 Too Many Requests" error.

Mikey Perry

Mikey Perry Staff

Are you seeing the "too many requests: error when you visit vimeo.com? Or only when you post to Facebook?

Pastor John Nelson

Pastor John Nelson Plus

I see the error when I am logged on to Vimeo, and use the "share" button (paper airplane logo) to post to FB.

But since you asked the question it occurred to me that I have not tried logging on to FB and posting the video url, since the error initially appeared. Just tried that, and it worked.

(The error persists within Vimeo.com, FYI)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.