Philip Watts

Philip Watts Plus

Thumbnail uploads don't seem to be working for me. This has been going on for the last 10 hours or so. I upload a thumbnail and it just sits there as a dark image, then eventually goings to the Vimeo colour bars image. I've tried uploading thumbnails that have worked on other videos, so I don't think it's the image I'm using. I'm on a Mac, using Safari - but I've also tried with Firefox too.

Link: vimeo.com/63796231

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like you were able to successfully upload your thumbnail. Are you still experiencing issues at this time?

Philip Watts

Philip Watts Plus

Hi Derek, yes I saw the tech note recommending to keep trying, so later on in the day I tried again and it worked. Thanks!

david sketchley

david sketchley Plus

Having the same issue here. Yesterday "Choose Thumbnail" worked, today, no luck. My video appears as a white screen on My Videos, and black on the link.
vimeo.com/93811806

Music Apartment

Music Apartment Plus

We have exactly the same problem at the moment. Tried to upload a thumbnail several times yesterday, with first just a black image, then the change to colour bars...

Link: vimeo.com/90540558

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like you were able to successfully upload your thumbnail. Are you still experiencing issues at this time?

Music Apartment

Music Apartment Plus

Yes, when I returned to the video settings the next day, the thumbnail was uploaded correctly and I could select it. Thanks anyway.

McElroy's Inc.

McElroy's Inc. PRO

Im also have issues uploading my thumbnails to my video's after i've uploaded them, i have tried different video's and different thumnails that have worked in the past with no luck...thanks

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

Could you please link me to one of the videos you are having trouble with? Thanks.

Derek Beck

Derek Beck Staff

It looks like you were able to choose a thumbnail for this video. What exactly is the issue you are having?

McElroy's Inc.

McElroy's Inc. PRO

what is ge.tt/ ???....i usually convert the thumbnails to jpegs and upload them to each video, atleast thats how i've done that last 295 video's

Mark

Mark Staff

It's a service that'll let you upload your thumbnail so we can then download it and take a look at the file.

Ton S.

Ton S.

My thumbnails are also not working. I deleted my latest video out of frustration. Help please.

Stephen Stanton

Stephen Stanton Plus

Thumbnails have vanished from 8 previously uploaded videos--one of which we wanted to circulate around the web tomorrow.

I tried re-uploading the video in question and the problem remains: no thumbnails on the re-upload either. Also, custom thumbs will upload but not display.

Backscatter

Backscatter PRO

Some of our video thumbnails aren't currently working either.
As a Pro customer it would be nice if someone from vimeo could let us know what the status is.
I'm noticing a fair amount of posts in the help forum about the thumbnail issues.... and then I just read that Vimeo's help support is only 10AM–6PM US Eastern Time, Monday to Friday?! I never noticed that before. For a company of Vimeo's scale/high profile/size, I'm a little surprised, that there's not someone responding to outage issues "after hours".

Thanks in advance for the Pro support.

Joel
Backscatter

Todd Nichols

Todd Nichols

I can't seem to get a thumbnail uploaded and/or pre-selected for my video either?

Todd Nichols

Todd Nichols

I'm also missing thumbnails from pre-existing videos now too?

davidreilly

davidreilly

Same. Anyone from Vimeo here able to give us an update?

chandra

chandra

where are my thumbnails? i chose specific ones. am i able to use them again??

Variable-Visual

Variable-Visual Plus

We won't have any issue until monday, when help staff will be back, i''ve got the same problem.

Andrew Tate

Andrew Tate Staff

Hi all, thumbnails appear to be working again. Very sorry for the trouble, we're investigating what the specific cause was so that we can prevent this from happening again.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.