Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hello Friendos! The wait is over: we have updated the Vimeo Android App today to include support for Chromecast. Tap the Chromecast icon in the top right-hand corner of the app to bring Vimeo to the big screen!

The Vimeo app can be downloaded and updated from the Google Play Store right here: http://j.mp/vimeoand. If you have any questions, concerns, bugs, or constructive criticism, please post in the Help Forum topic linked below.

Go forth and explore!

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:280439

Faddah Yuetsu Wolf

Faddah Yuetsu Wolf

This is a feature request for your Vimeo iOS App.

in your next update of the Vimeo app for iOS, and Android, and also in your Web UI, would you please include a feature to cast to Google Chromecast? i would like to send the audio or video to my home entertainment media center via Google Chromecast. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Pandora, Crackle, etc., all ready support casting to Google Chromecast, I feel Vimeo should also.

i hope you will please consider this feature.

best,

— faddah wolf
portland, oregon

Link: google.com/intl/en/chrome/devices/chromecast/

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

As with Chromecast support on the site, this is being considered for our apps as well, but there is no ETA as to if or when we will roll this out.

Thomas G. Murphy

Thomas G. Murphy

Please add Chromecast support for Vimeo iOS App (on iPad) ASAP. Thanks.

Vas

Vas

I would like to second this request, and I know I speak for a number of people from Chromecast groups and pages when we say, that we'd love to see CC support for the Vimeo app on iOS. :-)

Ish Kumar

Ish Kumar

This is real emergency, my kids are starving to death. Please add chromecast support to vimeo as soon as you can.

kcizzle

kcizzle

Plex Vimeo channel works like a charm

Joe Samela

Joe Samela

Sorry if I'm late but adding this support would make a lot of sense particularly with 'vimeo on demand'. By rolling out functionally to devices people use to stream content, chromecast included, it would give people a lot of incentive to purchase full length movies because they could then easily watch them on their large tvs. Just a thought.

aurelio ramos

aurelio ramos

My girlfriend would love chromecast support on vimeo. She is a dancer. She is very pretty. If you knew her, you would add chromecast for her!

Bill z

Bill z

Vimeo is sorely missed from Chromecast! Can't wait for it to show up with support for Chromcast. Thank you for all the hard work!

Oscar Rendon

Oscar Rendon

Hope you guys figure this out soon, definitely a must have feature.
Also we're highly concerned about Kumar starving kids, please save them!

kcizzle

kcizzle

Wait no more. Plex which supports ChromeCast has a Vimeo channel and it works like a charm. "High Maintenance" here I come!

William W

William W

I've been wanting to watch The Internet's Own Boy. I saw it was on Vimeo and thought, "Perfect! i'll rent or buy it and cast it!" I'll just have to wait until some service that supports Chromecast gets the film. The point of Chromecast is not to have to jump through hoops to get content on the TV, so I'm not fiddling with plex or anything right now.

Harry Peek

Harry Peek

+1

This would help with the lack of Xbox support outside the US..

Brendan Murphy

Brendan Murphy

I also second this request - please add chromecast support for the android vimeo app!

Kevin Loiselle

Kevin Loiselle

I love Vimeo for posting videos, but I am disappointed when I have to use YouTube instead of Vimeo to cast videos onto the big screen, I always thought Vimeo was a better quality, it just makes sense to add CC support.

Sulabh Bista

Sulabh Bista

My cat wants to see other cats on vimeo on the big screen. Chromecast support for her please.

Mathieu Méa

Mathieu Méa

What's taking so long?
Meanwhile I'm putting all Vimeo videos in my watch later list and watching other video service videos.

Diego Montealegre

Diego Montealegre Plus

If vimeo had chromecast support on it's site and apps, I would spend all of money watching things from vimeo on-demand.

Maks Derylo

Maks Derylo

I'm gonna throw in and ask for support as well for the Android app or at least for chrome.

Ben Roberts

Ben Roberts

+1 for Android support. As of May 2014 I stopped buying video from providers who don't have Chromecast support (sorry Amazon!) unless I have no other option, because the convenience of being able to control my TV hardware, my streaming content and everything else from my phone is huge. Please don't let the fact that Vimeo is a competing video service with YouTube keep you out of a great market for making your content available. Native Chromecast support in Vimeo would help give your users the choice of where to play content from, instead of defaulting to YouTube or other providers because they support Chromecast. I still pull out the laptop and the DVI cable for Vimeo content from time to time, but often I just say meh.

Russ Wilgus

Russ Wilgus

ugh, still nothing, i guess i'll wait another 3 months and check back then.

Pierre Henri

Pierre Henri Plus

How long have we now been hearing: 'It's planned but no ETA'?
Over a year?

Meanwhile, all the competition rolled out the feature within weeks.
What a disappointment.

PodiumTVnl

PodiumTVnl PRO

In the Netherlands Cromecast is also starting to get a (big) hit. And we as starting Television Channel did choose for Vimeo (in stead of YouTube) because of the quality.
So as Vimeo Pro User, please add chromecast support. Even JW Player does have a beta version with the support!

Mike DiLuigi

Mike DiLuigi Plus

PLEASE consider adding chromecast support for iOS. I would love to sit back and watch my Vimeo feed on my big TV. Instead I must settle for YouTube. As a major player in the online media game, it's shocking this hasen't happened yet.

ssthunder71

ssthunder71

I am absolutely amazed that Vimeo has not added ChromeCast support to their app yet. So many folks have switched from YouTube to Vimeo for posting their content and now we can't play the videos on our TV. I don't have a smart TV or any other way to play Vimeo on a big screen so there's tons of stuff my family and I can't watch together. Not to be too prophetic, but if Vimeo prolongs this too much longer then someone else may come and steal their audience away like they did with YouTube.

G

G

+2, this feature is an absolute must at this point. come on, vimeo!

5W

5W PRO

Very important feature. Go Vimeo go :-)

Larnell Carthans

Larnell Carthans

I signed up just to request chromecast support. I'll probably avoid your site unless it adopts chromecast support. It's been 6 months since the request was opened... no excuse.

Mark Tyson

Mark Tyson

I love Vimeo, but rarely use it because of the lack of Chromecast support. I will always be searching youtube for the corresponding video. Just like the a comment above me, Chromecast is the make or break aspect for me.

Jetrois

Jetrois

{^_^} 6 months later still nothing heard about adding vimeo to chromecast? I personally think Vimeo has better quality videos but I don't spend much time on the site because of little things like this.

Nick White

Nick White

really still no chromecast support from in app ?!

Viraj Ajmeri

Viraj Ajmeri Plus

Great redesign on the app on iOS! but now it just needs to CHROMECAST SUPPORT to see all the beautiful work!!

GO VIMEO!

Warren Finke

Warren Finke Plus

CC support a MUST for educational videos in classrooms with TVs. +1

David White

David White

Why on earth is this feature not yet implemented?

adam gercak

adam gercak

Please add chromecast. Airplay for iOS sucks.

justjulie

justjulie

luckily most people now also post their videos on youtube, so they can be chromecasted. so sad, since we all love vimeo so much. but it's a pretty big shortcoming to not be able to chromecast vimeo videos....

Captain Video

Captain Video Plus

Wow, it's been 7 months since the first post and there's still no Chromecast support for IOS?!?
Shame, shame, shame... You used to be cool Vimeo.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

This is less of an 'if' feature as it is a 'when' feature. Keep an eye out for an update in the near future!

KBL Productions

KBL Productions

Hey, it has been 8 months for this request... So if it's a when, then WHEN? The near future for the request has come and gone! DO IT...

Cesar Lizarraga

Cesar Lizarraga

No Chomecast support for Android users yet. ONE YEAR! Why only iOS?

Andrew Haynes

Andrew Haynes

1 year on, still waiting. Vimeo used to be on the leading edge of online video. Not anymore it seems.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The Vimeo app for iOS supports Chromecast now (and has for several months now). More info here: vimeo.com/blog/post:685

Chromecast support is on our roadmap for the new Android app currently in development.

Andrew Haynes

Andrew Haynes

I don't own any iOS devices so that doesn't help me and the many other users who don't use iOS devices. Android dominates the market share worldwide. At least it's being worked on. Also, I would have thought that desktop browser support would have come first, followed by mobile. Are there any plans for desktop casting support?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're investigating for sure, but no formal announcement or ETA at this time.

Edward Getley

Edward Getley Plus

YT casts beautifully so now need this for vimeo Android app so viewrs can enjoy.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Stay tuned, this will be coming to our Android app in 2016!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Pablo, we just updated the app to include support for Chromecast. Open up the Play Store app and download the update today!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hello Friendos! The wait is over: we have updated the Vimeo Android App today to include support for Chromecast. Tap the Chromecast icon in the top right-hand corner of the app to bring Vimeo to the big screen!

The Vimeo app can be downloaded and updated from the Google Play Store right here: http://j.mp/vimeoand. If you have any questions, concerns, bugs, or constructive criticism, please post in the Help Forum topic linked below.

Go forth and explore!

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:280439

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.