Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

EDIT:
If someone picks you, then you have to make a video about what you like about them and include TWO other users that have not been picked.

If you accidentally pick someone who has already been in a video we can't kill you... but we might be mad or something.

Oh yeah, tag it with - I like you

Add yourself to this when you get picked so we can keep track of everything: spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pMq39VgXT0VbkBpJepcEPcg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an idea I had a while ago, let me know what you think and if it has been done before...

First I would start a video saying what I love about 5 other users. Let's say I pick AA and say that I love her ability to dance without rhyme or reason like Ellen DeGeneres...

Second whoever I pick in my video would then have to make a video about 5 people they like, however they would have to include me and 4 other people. This would go on until everyone has been added to the list.

Once a person has been "loved" in a video we would add them to a massive list and you wouldn't be able to say anything about them. Otherwise we would end up with a million videos about Jakob and Fuzzy Dave and that wouldn't be nice.

There is something nice to say about everyone and we should bring those to the surface and let that person know. Unless they don't have any videos... that would be hard...

bk

bk Plus

This would need some big, scary spreadsheet to keep things in order.

Radthanael

Radthanael

This is a great idea and I support it.

JD

JD

I think it's a good idea too. If you just start to do it, people will kinda feel obligated to contiue. Which is cool, haha.

Iain Brew

Iain Brew

i would be part of this if it is to take off - the great thing is it could be pretty open - ie it could be a simple vlog, or an art project, a song - anything!

bk

bk Plus

I'd do the spreadsheet, but I'm going out of town until monday... won't be able to babysit it.

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

Well we could just make it public and shtuff... so we all can add people to the list once we do them.

HannahMai

HannahMai

wow, that's a cool idea! just start chris!! i am sure everyone will continue the project then.

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

Ok ok I will... just give me a second. or like a day or something. wow

mkk

mkk Plus

This is a very nice idea to get to know ppl here, too... !

pierrelourens

pierrelourens

I think this will help to introduce new people and help people find good friends, and I'm very much in support of it!

duplo

duplo

I wanna do this. I think maybe doing three people rather then five would be more managable?

3d60

3d60

yes I concour I only know three peeps anyway....I like a lot more

Schlomo

Schlomo

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'm in!

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

I am going to film mine tomorrow... OK!

Obar

Obar

if all goes according to plan, this could be the project to end all projects....

sounds fun

.dub

.dub

run with it!

p.s. hey, did anyone start the spreadsheet?

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

No... I think we can do it though... anyone who makes one should have watched all the other ones anyways... so... we should just be more smart.

Scruff_E_Guy

Scruff_E_Guy

hmmmmmmm I'm thinking...so much material to choose from.....this could take days....

efeele

efeele

cool project idea ... hope it takes off

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

GET WITH IT PEOPLE!!!! THIS CAN'T DIE!

Amanda

Amanda

Seriously, I checked yesterday to see if this had been moving forward, and was pretty disappointed that it hadn't. Boo.

HannahMai

HannahMai

maybe some of the people that were picked don't even know about it...

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

jchap knows he is just being lazy... I am sure Zach hasn't made his because he is so busy with V5... hmm.. Ian is in Hawaii and will be back Thursday and Davidxcarroll is just a ninny.

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero Plus

ok i just re read this thread.

gonna try to do this.

portland meet up. woo!

edit: wait chris, you mention me in above post. was i picked? I'm confused... ok gonna re-read how to do this.

i think projects like this are great but there needs to be a better way to inform 'subscribers' oh wait... verson 5 yeeeeeeeeeeeah!

themarkpike

themarkpike

Uploading mine now. Happy to participate in this community exercise. Fun times.

Caroline Martin

Caroline Martin

Okay, I'm claiming people! iamloserduh, oreobarbie, charliesteadman.

Obar

Obar

well thanks a lot posa.... you almost completly destroyed my list...

HannahMai

HannahMai

chris, i cannot write into the spreadsheet, it says "reading only". do i do something wrong?

amandalynferri

amandalynferri

this is a great project. can i get added to the list.

HannahMai

HannahMai

JD picked you, so now you can make a video :)

Tallulah

Tallulah

Wow! I've been chosen by Remyyy! I'll try and get my clip uploaded tomorrow.

My selections include eat a bug, Buck Flashroy, and Sarah Kreczmer.

EDIT: Since Badmalone has now selected Buck Flashroy, I stake claim to Steve R.

SteveR

SteveR Plus

So I was the substitute! I am now suffering from self-esteem issues.

Tallulah

Tallulah

Since AA was picked by HannahMai before Remyyy picked me, I was kindly giving her the chance to snatch you up first.

Then, Badmalone snagged Buck Flashroy (apparently ignoring this list). I quickly messaged AA, and she graciously allowed me to select you.

So, while you may think that you were a "substitute," you were, in fact, so popular that you were "on reserve."

JD

JD

Remyyy picked me!

My selections are Dan Masquelier, amandalynferri, and duplo.

Coming ASAP!

duplo

duplo

OK!

I call HannahMoore, Maria and brianbrown!

I'm getting on it.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Alum

Alright, Spatulated picked me.

I am picking Buck Flashroy, Victoria, and Focusmatic.

Stay tuned.

Sarah Kreczmer

Sarah Kreczmer

we need some fat arse list of whos already been deemed THE CHOSEN ONES

victoria

victoria

i can't edit the spreadsheet :(

Chris Kalani

Chris Kalani

yeah I don't know what's wrong with it... I have it on public and I have the settings set for anyone to edit it, but it is being dumb.

Obar

Obar

is it back?

bednarz

bednarz

ok ok ok i will do mine asap as HannahMai chose me for her list so i will do:

HannahMai
Si
Consumer128

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Alum

here's mine vimeo.com/228699

I might have picked people who have already been done because that online list aint workin. But who cares...

I picked: Victoria
Focusmatic
Buck Flashroy

Erick C.

Erick C. Plus

Can we get an update of all the people already picked so we dont double dip and spread the love around more evenly?

JD

JD

I'm sad... none of my people made videos. :(

JD

JD

I think it is too. It makes me sad, I was excited to see what my people could make, but its ok....they don't like me.

:(

heather

heather

everyone gave up because the past couple have been AMAZINGLY GREAT!!!

Joel Curran

Joel Curran

R.I.P. What I Like About You Project... :(

Cameron Christopher

Cameron Christopher PRO

It lasted far longer than I thought it would. I enjoyed following trails of people who liked eachother.

JD

JD

I still am very sad that my people didn't keep it going. They seemed like they would have wanted to.

I just don't anymore...i just don't know.

Jeff

Jeff Plus

I never read the end of this conversation, JD.

I feel the same way: betrayed.

Obar

Obar

this was such a good project...
someone please restart it
i wish i could have another turn!

Lengo

Lengo

This is great! You should sell it. For depression, it's better'n Prozac! You made my day!

victoria

victoria

I will restart it! I have been meaning to do this for months... just give me a week or two...

victoria

victoria

maybe sooner if I get my massive pile of homework done ^_^

Obar

Obar

oh come on! schools for fools!

victoria

victoria

school is out! time to tell the world what I like about a few great Vimeo users... hooray!

Karen Abad

Karen Abad Plus

I just now saw this. (so late and out of the loop) haha..I'm doing something like this...but that doesn't require payoff. I'm just going through my vimeo and making a video for each of my friends specifically. This is gonna take forever, I've only posted one so far (I upload one tomorrow after my quota refreshes). It's so amazing how much you can get to know about someone just by watching their videos.

Cute.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Alum

Hey guys,

Under direction of the staff, I've created a group for all these videos. So if you made one, please become a member an add it to this group What I Like About You

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.