Matthew Holland

Matthew Holland

Ok so I just purchased my shiny new Panasonic AG-HMC 150 and a 32GB Transcend SDHC card to shoot on. The only problem is, when I stick in the card the camera asks me to "check card." And when I go into the card functions on the menu, it says "incompatable" and is also unable to format the card. I have tested this same card on two computers and a Cannon Still camera. All have no problems reading and writing and formatting the card...the HMC is still being stubborn...However it will recognize and use a crappy class 2 4GB card I had, but that doesn't help me if I want to record high quality, or for very long....Can anyone tell me why everything else can recognize and use my card but the HMC won't?

Tim Dumont

Tim Dumont

Matt,

I have the HMC150 too and shoot on Panasonic cards. I am about to purchase my 2nd HMC150 and was considering the Transcend card. I'm wondering if it is a formatting issue as I noticed on their site that the cards are FAT32 formatted? Anyway, not sure if this helps, let me know if you got it to work. Thanks!

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

Don't you need a specific firmware on the 150 to use 32GB cards?

Ian Lucero

Ian Lucero PRO

yeah sounds like a firmware issue. Check the panny site for 150 updates.

HORACIO SANCHEZ

HORACIO SANCHEZ

puede ser que la tarjeta no sea de sexta generacion por que en el manual dice que por la taza de tranferencia debe ser de ese tipo

joe santarromana

joe santarromana Plus

the card needs to be class 6 and not under that, or if your card is a class 10 then you may need to do a firmware update because 10 is new.

Owain Hopkins

Owain Hopkins

Thank you cassius! That just saved my bacon!!

Mystudionet-Kursad Yonet

Mystudionet-Kursad Yonet Plus

make sure your cards are hdSC not sdXC. HDSC cards are compatible with panny hmc150 but HDXC cards are not.they are new generation card and you will get ''unable to format'' warning each time that you wanna format.upgrading firmware helps you to use higher class card.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.