Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Hi Guys,

We are aware of the problem and are looking into it asap. Sorry for the trouble, we will update this thread as soon as we have corrected the problem. Thanks for your patience.

UPDATE: This issue should be resolved now, very sorry for the inconvenience, we are working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please post any further issues here: vimeo.com/forums/topic:16191

Dennie Bright

Dennie Bright

None of the videos I have embedded on my site are displaying. Dunno if it's a late night glitch but I'll check back in a couple hours to see if it's just my connection.

Russel Kealoha

Russel Kealoha

ditto with us on our site. it makes me sad right now. brb going to go cry...

Inês Casaca

Inês Casaca

I have the same problem.
My video doesn't work here: on-cine.com/
The vimeo link: vimeo.com/5774976

I read that my url must be in vimeo lists, so it wont be banned. Can someone explain me how i do that?

Amine Mouafik

Amine Mouafik

It seems we all got the same problem.
We should just wait for a staff member to fix that ;)

duckrabbit

duckrabbit Plus

Me too ... there must be a glitch somewhere ... I was about to go plus. ANNOYED.

ludusdance

ludusdance

Same here... every video says "can't be played from this site"

Olybop

Olybop

@ dog eard films : i hope the staf are on it !

BOYCOTT VIMEO

BOYCOTT VIMEO

BOYCOTT VIMEO. Now they are blocking my own videos from being embedded in Blogger. Without US Vimeo is nothing. I've deleted my videos from their servers. 'F' Vimeo!, I hope this problem destroys their rep.

Amanda

Amanda

Yeah, Kytoweb has it right - seems everyone is having the same issue, something must have gone wrong and needs a'fixin.

Amanda

Amanda

Yeah some checking of other sites that rely heavily on Vimeo shows that they too have issues. For example, SvD - Swedens national newspaper - has a series of interviews up with Vimeo - and all of those are now displaying that same "sorry" message. I'm pretty sure that they have a pro-account.

See example:
blogg.svd.se/utvecklingsblogg?id=12648

dotcominfoway

dotcominfoway

Same thing here too. My videos are not displaying in my blog. What is the reason? Give the solution ASAP

Olybop

Olybop

Where is the Staff ? ^^

Amanda

Amanda

Nobodies videos are displaying, someone must have tripped over a switch at Vimeo and I am sure they're working to fix it. Nothing you can do on your end but wait.

The Alchemist

The Alchemist

Same problem no external video embeds are working. I've checked a few other sites using vimeo and they appear to have the same problem.

The embed is there but has the default vimeo image saying "sorry video cannot be played on this site".

twelve

twelve

i'm vimeo plus and all my videos arent displaying !!!!

paradoxe.tk legion asmodienne guilde asmodienne

Fullscope

Fullscope

Same problem here. I think that happened before once, at least on my site. Please fix it soon, as my blog is part of my portfolio and today is one of those days that I need to link my work to a customer... Thank God i though of checking my blog before send the link...

void

void

Yup, not even on our site...
I guess it's a technical glith not depending on privacy or embedding issues...
Hopefully will be solved soon!

Olybop

Olybop

Wait and see...everybody have the same problem...

Celeste Network

Celeste Network Plus

We have the same problems, let's hope vimeo staff fixes it soon, could they let us know when problem will be sorted?

TomKa

TomKa

Same problem on my Freestyle Mtb related site! hcore3.com! That sux!

Florry

Florry

yep same here... did they change the rules on posting videos on other sites? IF so they should have send out an e-mail instead of taking things down...

Come on Vimeo people give us some clues whats going on!!1

Amanda

Amanda

all blogger.com sites have problems too. So there ya go, it's affecting _everyone_

void

void

it's just a global problem, not user related or video related. We should stop complaining since I suppose they're already working on it!

Elliott Kember

Elliott Kember

I'm sure you guys are working on it :) It'd be great to have some feedback on what's wrong.

Daniel Fairbairn

Daniel Fairbairn

im having the exact same problem, i'm not a plus member, but my videos worked fine on my site before danielfairbairn.com/home.html, under the guideline;

"Exceptions: Independent production companies, authors, musicians, non profits, churches, artists, and actors may show or promote the work they have created, anyone else cannot."

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Albinal

Albinal

Same problem... :-( An official word would be nice.

Karel Bata

Karel Bata

Meanwhile VIRB have just launched some 'exciting new features' that have completely obliterated the headers on their users' legacy sites.

virb.com/video_embedding_tests

Why do they keep fixing stuff that's working fine..?

Dreamin' TV

Dreamin' TV Plus

at least you didn't pay for Plus account. You might want to consider Exposure Room - more "artists" friendly then YT.

harras

harras

same here :) ... :(

guess / hope it'll be solved soon.

Han med Barten

Han med Barten Plus

Embedding has been down for a couple of hours already. It would be great if someone from Vimeo came with some information...and an estimate about when things will be back to normal.

Marc M

Marc M

Same here, I can't embed this video in forums. I could not also see it within the vimeo site until today:

vimeo.com/5905840

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Hi Guys,

We are aware of the problem and are looking into it asap. Sorry for the trouble, we will update this thread as soon as we have corrected the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Blake

leblog2roubaix

leblog2roubaix Plus

Thanks to resolve this problem quicly. My videoblog is based for a good part, on the Vimeo vids (cause you're the best, guys!)!

So may the Force be with you ! :)

void

void

you did it! ;) thanks a lot guys!

twelve

twelve

seems to be solve :)

THANKS les amis

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.