Crossroads Church

Crossroads Church Plus

I am currently a Vimeo Plus member and use Vimeo with very good success uploading my church videos every week. We have started a daily radio program however and I would like to find a service to use similar to Vimeo in uploading the daily audio files to our website. Before I go out into the www I thought I would check to see if Vimeo had a service of this nature or could recommend one.
Thanks
CrossRoads Church

Zvideos

Zvideos

Great idea. Please..

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

while we understand why certain users might want to see this feature on vimeo, our current sole focus is providing the best video sharing service to our users.

DJEsteban

DJEsteban

I'm a DJ and I will love to have a option to upload my mixes next to my vimeo videos.

Ian Clemmer

Ian Clemmer

i think an audio replace function would be great, like in youtube
sometimes you just have to replace sound

this would be useful!

Ian Clemmer

Ian Clemmer

and btw, if you want to showcase audio, just have a static picture encoded with mp3 in an mp4, would work just fine

Summa

Summa PRO

Would really like to have this feature. We currently post interviews--some are audio and some are video. To have them all in the same place I have to basically add a video component to my audio-only files--a time-consuming workaround.

Alex Williams

Alex Williams Plus

This would be great. Please add. Doc filmmaker working with others, and need to share audio. Please consider.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but as I stated above I think vimeo needs to remain focused on our core business. There are tools, much better at sharing audio, that are popping up all the time and we will consider integration of some sort if it makes sense for us to do so. For now, it's a very niche use case.

Morten Haugum Hake

Morten Haugum Hake PRO

I know that to focus on specific ting in a business is of course good. But wouldn't getting a coder to fix an easy audio uploader be pretty easy? Done in a week. I know it's not at the core of your business, but still it will overdeliver to your custimors, and make them very happy, with such a little work. Or am I completely wrong here?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Sorry, but this not something we will be supporting in the near term.

benjamin hendricks

benjamin hendricks

Can I just point out that there seems to be a clear demand for this feature (this thread is pages long). Youtube does not offer this option, so it might open up some new avenues for you that would help distinguish yourself from the behemoth. Forcing users to jump through the hoop of taking their audio and adding some graphic (this exploding the size of their file and their upload) is pure nonsense, and there's no real trusted, staple audio player for embedding audio in websites. I love Vimeo, but sadly for your mission statement, there's nothing special or pure about it that helps me understand your stance on posting audio-only.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I really don't think a video sharing service wanting to focus on video is a pure nonsense. We're not ignoring there's a need for this. We just think there are better options out there for sharing audio files and we encourage our users to use them.

Allen Boudreaux

Allen Boudreaux

While there are other options out there, it would be great not to have to spread related content out over several different services - easier for us as content creators to have a one-stop upload shop and easier for our viewers/listeners due to more consistent interface elements, etc. While it's certainly not nonsense to focus on your core competencies, it may be folly to continue to dismiss a longstanding, clearly stated desire among your dedicated customer base, especially when (if you made it a feature at some extra cost) it could potentially become a new revenue stream...

Composite

Composite

Personally I think it makes perfect sense for them to concentrate on one thing.

If you want audio then go to sound cloud, they have IMO the best dedicated player of any audio sharing site. I reckon they ended up with the best player because they decided to concentrate on one thing.

It would however be great if there was some sort integration in the same way that there is integration for flickr.. I make music and I also make videos. It would be great to be able to have a small audio player of tracks that I have used in the video. Maybe there is some sort of reciprocal integration with sound cloud to display videos. Sure I can put download links or links to the sound cloud page, but you could same for flickr.

ETA Communications

ETA Communications Plus

Audio-only is not a niche use case. We have a seminar series. Some of them are recorded as video, some as audio only. We don't need brilliant audio, just decent. We can make a video with a static picture if we must, as IanC wisely pointed out, but it's extra work & takes extra room.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We didn't say it was a niche case. It's just not something we plan to focus on as part of our video sharing service. Frankly we believe there are better services out there for sharing audio online and we want to maintain our focus on video.

Dave Cunt

Dave Cunt

i am brandnew to vimeo, but the issue with the audio alreadt put some stones in my path on the 2nd day.. i mean we can BUY sound on vimeo, not really the top of the pops. is there no feature to uploud some personal tracks? that would not interfere with your policy to concentrate just on films, but it would give us, the end user some feelings that we live in a free world after all and get for a moment the nice thought we can decide whatever sound we want to the films, that we actually have the choice... but when i saw its a pay service, i was a bit disappointed. but hey, i dont want to complain, everything else is very cool on vimeoi.. thx a lot

but still, 'composite' is totally on the right track with the statement:

It would however be great if there was some sort integration in the same way that there is integration for flickr.. I make music and I also make videos. It would be great to be able to have a small audio player of tracks that I have used in the video. Maybe there is some sort of reciprocal integration with sound cloud to display videos. Sure I can put download links or links to the sound cloud page, but you could same for flickr.
#

and sooner or later you will see its not to avoid and it wont lower the niveau of vimeo, en contraire, people like 'composite' me, and uncountable other nice folks would just ad a new dimension to your already cool service

cheers

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Dave. We have talked with few audio/music service providers in the past. We have not found a good match for Vimeo yet but it's an ongoing process. Hopefully we will offer an integrated solution some day.

IEP Rochelle

IEP Rochelle Plus

I don think this is a matter of whether or not you--as a business--are focused on this audio service feature, I think this is a feature that definitively should be at least as a basic option provided.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I don't know... I think successful business is all about the focus. Again, this, and millions of other feature ideas, are not good or bad in it of themselves. But I think there's something to be said about trying to build a product with everything for everyone.

Christie Manussier

Christie Manussier

So, just to clarify -- adding a static image to an audio file, or a series of images as a slideshow, though it might not hew as closely to the "post your video here" ethos of Vimeo, would still work and would not result in some sort of revocation of account privileges or other measures?

An organization I work with expects to want to post performance videos in the future, but for the most current show, only ran audio. We want to keep them all under one umbrella, so wherever we land is where we'd like to stay for the whole "access our work, and oh, BTW, leave a tip if you liked it" side of the activity.

As a nonprofit, not only is access to donations through a well-known and reliable service important, so is the ability to simplify what we're asking of volunteers, or paying personnel/contractors to do. One host would be best. Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We don't kick people off for uploading video files, any type of video files. We do not, however, host or serve audio files and don't have any immediate plans to support audio or other file types.

Luckyluckyjim

Luckyluckyjim PRO

I haven't read to the bottom but a good idea is to make it into a movie with iMovie or similar app with or without a pic and then post it. Then it will upload and play.

Hansruedi Naef

Hansruedi Naef

I agree with the threadopener: It would be great to have the possibility of uploading audiofiles.
On jimdo-webpages it is very easy to embed vimeo-links. But audio is much more complicate. with vimeo supporting pure audio, it would be great!
Dear vimeo-technicians, the thread started 5 years ago - time to change some old stuff ;-)

Crowley Digital

Crowley Digital PRO

Even though I'm a vimeo pro user -- there will be a day when a service comes along the just crushes Vimeo and I will jump fast. I've never met a business that seems to enjoy saying no to their clients (customers) as much as these guys. Blows my mind.

Shechen Online

Shechen Online Plus

I agree we need to have the possibility to have audio files too so they are all in one place

John Newton

John Newton PRO

Please include the 'audio only' function. I would really like the option of offering a mirror of audio only as some people don't have the bandwidth for video. I would also like this for the pure convenience.

Chris Mallon

Chris Mallon Plus

I would love an "audio only" option. Audio and video go hand in hand. Mixing audio and video playlists would be great! This would also eliminate my need to integrate with other content hosting services like SoundCloud.

Russian Management

Russian Management PRO

+1 vote for adding Audio Only Option for video players. We have plenty requests from our visitors, who is trying to save internet traffic while using 3G internet on mobile phones during car driving, doing sport, etc

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.