Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The Vimeo Organizer has launched! With the Organizer users can batch edit video privacy settings, batch delete videos, and add/remove videos from Collections.

The Organizer is far from complete, and we have many features that we look forward to adding in the future. You can learn more about the Organizer here:

vimeo.com/blog/post:639 vimeo.com/organizer

Ze’ev Gilad

Ze’ev Gilad

I would REALLY like to be able to change settings for multiple videos, without having to go through each video page one by one.
Especially which albums/channels/groups they belong in, titles, and privacy.
MAKE IT SO!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

we're planning on adding more batch operation features. for now, the easiest way to add your videos to collections would be to do so when you are uploading the videos.

Production Aura

Production Aura Plus

I agree , It seems that "We are planning" doesn't mean much really.

I need to delete multiple videos at a time. How can this feature not exist yet ??? Seriously .... Batch editing should be a complete priority ...

Remedy

Remedy PRO

Agree completely. So irritating. It's called Pro, right?

Ze’ev Gilad

Ze’ev Gilad

FWIW, I switched away COMPLETELY from Vimeo a few months ago for YOUTUBE!

They have ALL these features, the videos stream MUCH FASTER, and the quality is now better.
YouTube used to suck for professional/portfolio use, but, as much as I hate to say it, it now utterly kicks Vimeo's ass.

I can upload faster, I can batch edit, and my videos begin streaming quicker.

And the embed options are now equal to, and in some ways better, than Vimeo.

Oh, and it's free!

I believe they also support higher bitrates for HD, and unlimited storage.

I would love to support a small company like Vimeo, but when they charge premium fees, and do NOT deliver premium features, I simply cannot afford it.

Vimeo has been talking about batch editing for THREE YEARS now. Instead they spent clearly a ton of time and effort making a cosmetic overhaul which, to me, is utterly useless.

I could've created the batch editing functionality myself with PHP in about a month, if I had the time.

Dave Lankford

Dave Lankford Plus

Agreed. This is such a pain, especially when you decided you need to change something on 100+ videos (previously uploaded).

Jeff Pereira

Jeff Pereira PRO

Agreed Also..
Just needed to go thru 120+ videos to confirm settings were correct..

Batch operations and /or some type of group settings would be great.

Explainarium

Explainarium

or at least have it incorporated in to desktop upload, so I can upload videos, and then see a list of all my others.

RKDG

RKDG

good thing I've kept searchiing on this topic, i was going to start a thread of my own about something I've been really thinking about of a feature that is real useful.. I know the busy Vimeo staff will come up with solutions all the time....

well, the settings. I have Public & Private videos. They are both set differently, one includes a password and one doesn't with other customized settings; the problem I'm facing is that is there a feature where I can have different settings at one click of a button to apply to lets say certain albums or a selection of videos to change and apply the settings all at once to specific videos already uploaded

for example: say i have 30 private videos, and all the sudden I want to make them go public, that means i would want to remove my password, allow ppl to download it, change the license, etc. etc. etc...one at a time or i can just go to the settings and change the settings making that the only default settings then apply to all existing videos [but effects both private and public]

it would be nice to have different settings options to have it apply it all at once for specific videos... i hope there isn't a feature of that [would feel dumb that i wrote this then haha] as I am aware of the apply to all videos now or apply to the new uploaded videos feature, but again that is just one default setting for each different method of videos to upload/already there. what's your take on this guys [community & vimeo]

RKDG

RKDG

and if there is something similar to what I am talking about then I haven't tried it being afraid to attempt it

ajik

ajik Plus

+1 for an urgend log overdue UI update in regards to handling more than a handful videos.

José Palomino

José Palomino

I was asking the same in other post but applied to albums (batch edit info/setting inside of them)

Media Peeps

Media Peeps

Unfortunately, this will be our last year with vimeo because of this lack of feature. I'm not blasting vimeo, I LOVE their site and products, but the slower workflow on multiple projects just doesnt work for us. Hopefully in the future it will.

But for those who are planning over time to have more than a dozen videos, I would highly no recommend this product until they can offer a better, more current solution for the millions of online video-ers that are about to be born.

HonestMailers

HonestMailers

I LOVE Vimeo as well, but I LOVED MegaVideo more when it was available. Why...because of batch settings edits. It's been over a year since the users of Vimeo started complaining about this and still no solution. BAD BIZ if you ask me.

Lisa Esselstein

Lisa Esselstein Plus

Ditto the request for batch functions to add videos to albums, groups and channels and add tags, titles and descriptions. This is key for me.

Fort Dodge Press

Fort Dodge Press

Let us know when this feature is in place as our profile would like to utilize it for both groups and channels. Thank you.

Josh Hollywood

Josh Hollywood

Hey staff members: Please respond to this and let us know what your plans are.

This is basic functionality, and "do it right the first time" advice a year old is not a great answer.

Josh Hollywood

Josh Hollywood

Thanks for the speedy reply!

The use case pain I'm feeling is trying to create albums and organize videos after the fact is an agonizing process, and makes the site not fun to use.

Teresa Cicala

Teresa Cicala Plus

also, it could be nice if you could set an upload list of videos, so you don't have to wait for one to finish and then load another, it will just move to the next one in cue (like on Youtube)

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are currently looking into multiple file uploader. It's a part of a larger project which we hope to start beta testing soon.

CADSharp

CADSharp PRO

Joined Vimeo Pro yesterday. Disappointed that there is no way to batch upload / edit videos.

Arcos Films

Arcos Films PRO

This is the kind of feature that we simply assumed would be included at least for plus and pro users -- it's a shock that it isn't. Honstly makes us reconsider why we went with Vimeo in the first place...

this lack of basic functionality is making our workflow take exponentially longer time and that hurts our ability to create content and be sustainable with our projects.

Please make this an absolute high priority.

The Busking Project

The Busking Project Plus

Thanks, I love Vimeo's features in general, but this would be a very useful option. I need to batch add tags to my videos (silly that I haven't done all this in the past), over 100 of them. Thanks!

HonestMailers

HonestMailers

Totally agree. I accidentally allowed my Pro membership to expire and it changed all of my 100+ vids to private and now I have to go through each one at a time and change the privacy settings. This is a BIG, HUGE, GINORMOUS issue an the users have spoken here...yet the solution still does not exist. When you pay for a serviced that stores and plays videos, you expect to be able to manage said vids properly.

Davide

Davide

+1...Same thing here. It's a shame that a VIDEO service cannot manage VIDEO properly. I'll reconsider my Pro choice.

Lubellule

Lubellule Plus

Vimeo-- please do see about this. Also on your new facelift, there was a "change all video" option on the previous version for colours, etc. Why why why would you remove that?

Many of us who are Pro users are embedding from Vimeo to our sites. Some probably want to do somethings simple like change the colours on the buttons. Please make this a reality.... yesterday.

Lifethings/삶것

Lifethings/삶것 Plus

apply to all embedded videos will not be enough since I have two different websites where I embed my videos...
you have been planning for over two years. make it happen already!!!

Andrew Hake

Andrew Hake

+1, Raises hand, put my vote in that hat, picked that straw, eeney meeney miney moed that.

the One project

the One project PRO

+1 on this. It's very time consuming to go through and edit one by one. An inline edit to change the title/description on a list of videos would be a big help too

Troux Technologies

Troux Technologies

Perhaps mentioned above, but a batch edit for videos going from private to public, or changing embedding options (i.e. allow or disallow embedding) would be VERY helpful. As a PRO user hoping to use this as a platform for my company's videos, I can already see that managing any more than a handful of "active" videos is going to be TERRIBLY painful...

AIE

AIE PRO

I have 100 videos to go through and change settings also..... :(

Timo Menke

Timo Menke Plus

What else can I say: Please make it happen - release a batch/group edit settings at least on a beta or basic level! Having to go through all video settings one by one is not only tedious, but also making metadata a matter of personal memory of what, where and how to fill out all the option. Inconsistency doesn't rock. At least I was relieved to see people having the same trouble and pain. Make it +2 then...

Jono Seabourne

Jono Seabourne

Batch editing, especially around Embed settings would be brilliant.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are planning on building a batch tool. In the mean time, there's a global embed preset option you can use on user settings page.

Pkraftr

Pkraftr

+1, feature requested before moving back to Pro

Dingo Bill Productions

Dingo Bill Productions PRO

Just want to throw my hat in the ring... really want to do some batch deleting, but going through and deleting one by one with password confirmation is toooo time consuming, and so i end up with 50+ videos sat there taking up your server that needn't be there.... Just a nice big one page list of all the videos with tick boxes and 'delete' drop down action device like in all the online mail sites would be muchos lovedos!

james roe

james roe

+1 for me as well,

Also as a new vimeo pro subscriber it's really depressing to go and search for how to do things that I would think would be self evidently important. And then find a thread that's 2 years old asking for the same thing. With a post from vimeo engineers saying we're on it.

I'm really impressed with about 60% of your service, but the remaining 40% is making me groan over my 200 dollars. I'm going to have to spend about an hour deleting videos, and bulk editing embed settings which is a giant waste of my time.

Candeo

Candeo Plus

+1, it's frustrating to see this request is 2 years old.

Shaka Brown

Shaka Brown

+1, ditto, and yeah, it's frustrating. Need to apply labels to a group of videos uploaded, and it involves going through each video, applying label, then going back to video list, searching by name, tracking down to next video, edit settings, enter label, apply. This is going to be for some 22 groups of 10 videos each. Vimeo, please come up with a sleeker batch edit tool, or send out a trained monkey to do this, as it's currently reducing my productivity SIGNIFICANTLY.

Licious Media

Licious Media Plus

We are speechless. This thread goes back 2 years and still nothing. It would take about 4 weeks to make this feature happen if it was a priority.

Clear Island

Clear Island PRO

Still can't believe Vimeo haven't added this. PLEASE SORT IT OUT!

Mia Nakano &  Visibility Project

Mia Nakano & Visibility Project Plus

I'm looking for an alternative to vimeo because ya'll haven't incorporated this much needed, much requested feature. i pretty much love everything else about it, but c'mon ya'll. stay competitive. i'm having to spend extra admin hours updating things that need the same description, tag, etc changes. and it's really bogging down the workflow and time i could spend editing videos.

Basia Winograd

Basia Winograd

Ohhh this is a big pain. There really should be a way to do this...

Ze’ev Gilad

Ze’ev Gilad

Wow, 2 years and not a shred of progress. I'd rather have this than the recent facelift.
This is why I have not renewed my PLUS membership. Let alone "PRO"!
"PRO" suggests that there are PROfessional features, i.e., things for managing large quantities of content.
Sheesh.

Digital Media Jockey

Digital Media Jockey Plus

aghhhhhhhhhhh, comon vimeo gets it together and give us something other than a facelift. Us proz needz our featurez.

Phil Batta

Phil Batta Plus

Step up your game vimeo, batch processing features are so nice. even a preset for multiple fields would be great.

Send us a Kickstarter campaign for a batch processing feature and i'll help fund some feature development.

Javis Jones

Javis Jones PRO

It's really shocking to see still no bulk editing. I've got 115+ videos, I need to change a single setting for all of them, yet can't. Talk about a time waster going through each individual video to change this single setting... Why no bulk editing yet?

I say this enjoying the service overall, but man, no bulk editing? It almost kills the joy.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

As we stated above, this is one of the projects we will be working on this year. We agree that this will be a very useful, powerful tool to add for our members and excited to start working on it.

Javis Jones

Javis Jones PRO

Thanks for the reply. Glad it's still on the agenda, I'm looking forward to using it.

Cheers,
-Javis

james roe

james roe

Woohoo update with nonspecific information guaranteeing nothing.

Maybe by the time i'm done updating my videos this feature will be implemented.

Rasmus Nes

Rasmus Nes

+1, batch editing should be a definite priority!

++r3mote++

++r3mote++ Plus

+1... x10,000!
I just asked on the user forum how to batch delete because it seemed like such an obvious feature that it must be possible somehow... but sadly it seems the raddest internet video service is a little deficient in this area. PLEASE vimeo... pretty pretty please

Tim Heij | Camjo

Tim Heij | Camjo Plus

Just found out that anyone could download my videos, not a good thing.
Now I had to change 40 settings, a complete pain in the *ss...

I wonder if this and changing the order in which videos appear is an option in Plus, if it's not, I wouldn't know why anyone would ever consider going for Plus.

Steve Richard-Preston

Steve Richard-Preston Plus

hmmmm. 3 years and counting, wow pretty disappointing as a new user to Vimeo to find this thread (yes it comes up number 1 in Google!!!) and that not much seems to have happened.

Very disappointing especially when paying for the service (Plus) and about to upgrade shortly to the Pro account.

Vimeo - you need to sort this out! Amongst the other suggestions I'd like to see the ability to save presets, like you can for embed settings, but for all of the other areas- privacy, add to, video file etc.

Poor form, from what is an otherwise great service.

GTR:digi

GTR:digi PRO

+1 I just upgraded to the PRO service, but have already started looking at alternatives to Vimeo, since there is no way we can sustain a workflow without any batch editing features.

Ze’ev Gilad

Ze’ev Gilad

FWIW, I switched away COMPLETELY from Vimeo a few months ago for YOUTUBE!

They have ALL these features, the videos stream MUCH FASTER, and the quality is now better.
YouTube used to suck for professional/portfolio use, but, as much as I hate to say it, it now utterly kicks Vimeo's ass.

I can upload faster, I can batch edit, and my videos begin streaming quicker.

And the embed options are now equal to, and in some ways better, than Vimeo.

Oh, and it's free!

I believe they also support higher bitrates for HD, and unlimited storage.

I would love to support a small company like Vimeo, but when they charge premium fees, and do NOT deliver premium features, I simply cannot afford it.

Vimeo has been talking about batch editing for THREE YEARS now. Instead they spent clearly a ton of time and effort making a cosmetic overhaul which, to me, is utterly useless.

I could've created the batch editing functionality myself with PHP in about a month, if I had the time.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Ze'ev,

Sorry you are unhappy with Vimeo. If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to ask our support team: vimeo.com/help/contact

This feature is coming, it just takes time.

Ze’ev Gilad

Ze’ev Gilad

Also: you can easily now make your videos Private, Public, or Unlisted ... so pretty much same as vimeo.

However, I don't think you can password protect individual videos. And I haven't figured out Album functionality yet, but I think their API is pretty robust.

james roe

james roe

I first signed up to vimeo about a year ago, within a month I needed batch edit.

As you can see up thread I posted in this thread then, over ELEVEN MONTHS AGO. Today I have need of batch edit and delete, yet this feature is still not available.

Matt I realize you are just a PR flunky sent here to placate the masses, but this is embarrassing. I gave you guys two hundred dollars, mostly because I could get guaranteed 1080p processing on lengthy videos which is not available in many other places but your tools are terrible.

You really need a UX expert in house, if you have one you should fire them. I do workflow UI all day at work for a variety of clients and would be happy to consult with you if you would like. Your interface is loud, has too many options that provide little to the user, and as evidenced by this thread does not directly address the real concerns of your users.

I suspect your attrition rate has been accelerating as you are also losing my business over this.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hey James,

I'm actually the Senior Manager of Community here at Vimeo. We don't have PR folks in the forums because they can't give you the level of insight our staff can. Our Design team also closely monitors this forum for ideas and direction for Vimeo.

That said, we're hoping to build this feature, but it is on a list among other large priorities. Also by no means does the age of a feature request thread directly correlate to how long, if at all, we've been working on that feature.

If you're still unhappy with Vimeo please contact our support team and we'll be happy to work something out, otherwise we'll ask that you provide constructive feedback in our forums from now on: vimeo.com/help/support

james roe

james roe

Hey Matt,

You may note that I waited nearly a year to get surly.

That's some serious patience I have there.

I also provided you actionable information, ie: here's some things that are wrong and what irks me, and I also suggested I would be available should you have more questions about my view points.

Just because you don't like the message doesn't mean it wasn't an attempt to be constructive.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi James,

Sorry but I don't think your message came across the way you intended. Referring to our staff and site the way you did comes off more as aggressive than constructive criticism.

I understand your frustration, believe me, we are fully aware of the requests both us and our community want implemented and where they stand – that alone can be quite stressful when we know our team doesn't have time to implement them at the moment.

We agree this feature would be awesome and we want to give it to our user base. Unfortunately we can't comment on ship dates, so saying that we're working on it is all we can offer. If this makes Vimeo an unusable service to you – which I sincerely hope isn't the case – please contact our support team and we'll see what we can do to help further.

james roe

james roe

I definitely intended for my message to come across as frustrated and somewhat angry, because I am. And I do think that if you have a person in that position that they should be fired and that they are not doing their job.

I'm a programmer by trade, something as easy as batch delete could be implemented through the addition of markup, jquery and some basic sql in about 30 minutes. Here's a test case for you.

////javascript

$('.delete_all').click(function (){
$.post( "/delete_all", { member_id: "9835439" } );
});

///server side
$sql = "UPDATE `table`.`videos` SET `is_deleted` = true where `member_id` = 9835439";
$result = mysql_query($sql);

So I do actually think it is embarrassing, some of these tasks are not hard, and when you are effectively telling people, some who have had this concern for over 3 years that this feature is coming some day, but is not a priority when there are clearly people who are leaving your service because of it, that's embarrassing.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. I appreciate your expertise in this subject, but I'm afraid it isn't as simple as what you've mentioned.

Again, we haven't promised this feature and though we'd like to provide it, we can't give an ETA. While we provide users a place to show our team what's important to them, we can't simply leave other tasks unattended to build this. However, we have acknowledged this is needed and it is on our radar – that's what we can tell you.

If you have further concerns feel free to PM me.

james roe

james roe

Obviously that's an oversimplification and not specific to your code base, but it really isn't much more complicated than that, at any rate my membership is done and I'm gone so I'll stop wasting your time like your product has wasted mine.

The Ploughshare

The Ploughshare PRO

+1 I hope this feature comes soon!
Even something as simple as match settings of a particular video.
Or settings presets that could be applied from the video feed page...

MTM Productions

MTM Productions PRO

I restrict every uploaded video to my client's domain, and I have a few clients like this. PLEASE PLEASE make privacy presets (like embed presets already work), or even better, global setting presets!

Nathanael Farley

Nathanael Farley

I want to use vimeo as a platform for a british sign language dictionary because of it's great creative commons support, which means a lot of short videos (uploading at least 30 at a time,

Gnan Vidhi

Gnan Vidhi PRO

Hello,
I want to apply brand logo in my all videos by using preset option but not able to do that . can you please guide how can i do the same ?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Gnan, it looks like the "logo" preset you have is working correctly. If you're still having trouble, please post in the Help Forum with details so we can help you out!

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.