Paul Treacy

Paul Treacy

I'm sticking with my BlackBerry and as yet am not interested in iPhone. The screen on my BB is small but it plays video and music beautifully. Would love to know how to sort out Vimeo to play on it. Having no luck thus far. Any suggestions please?
photo@paultreacy.com
Thanks.

TheMuc

TheMuc

i just got my first BB and no luck watching anything. says i need flash 10 and yet i cant install on my BB. It was the one thing i was looking forward to when getting it.

Adrian Warnock

Adrian Warnock Plus

Sadly Vimeo doesn't currently support Blackberry. I'd like to add my voice to those who have requested they look at this. It would also be nice if in the meantime at least we got a message saying not supported, rather than at the moment when the blackberry tries to play but cant. I for one would pay more money to get blackberry support! I love the fact that vimeo plays so nicely on iPhones and iPads now but some people are stuck with Blackberries for work.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

we have a need to keep innovating and on mobile platforms with less than ideal flash support, we don't think it's wise to spend our limited resources trying to support them.

itsHECTORNOW

itsHECTORNOW

Hi. Just joined and I have a new Torch and works beautifully on my BB.

KAV Productions LTD

KAV Productions LTD PRO

Hi Guys! The time has come today that I am and my customers are ready to have video messages sent to watch on the mobile device. Iphone and HTC and good but 80% of corporate business users are all on BB. I need to send videos out to them in the same way file and quality that vimeo offers to iphone HTC etc when this happens my opportunities and business will grow. I have ahit a wall. Can you guys help? Needs to be retro though so people with 2 year old BB can view them to.

Trnsprnt

Trnsprnt

Yes, I'd like to have vimeo on my bb curve 8520...

sanandres.it

sanandres.it

I join the plus member since Vimeo offer good quality services,support for Mobile device,and much more,but what I m looking for is have a full cross compatibility,on all devices and don t want to go to youtube.I know you want full cross compatibility too... :)

Murray Alexander

Murray Alexander

i wish you guys had it clearly listed that you dont support blackberry before i paid you for plus and started putting my videos on vimeo and embedding them on my site 5 days before my event launch......

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

There are actually number of devices where our videos are not supported. Unfortunately this is just the nature of the beast that is the current mobile video space where proliferation and turn over of devices is simply too vast and too quick for us to even consider supporting all of them. Vimeo does offer 30 day refund policy should you decide to do so.

Alan L Wong

Alan L Wong Plus

Hi Soxiam, it appears my BB can play mov files on vimeo, and mp4 files, but not m4v files? Is there a work around? Should I upload mov files instead of m4v files?

Film London

Film London PRO

Please can I add my support to this request or perhaps for a definitive explanation of why BB's inadequate Flash support means it will never happen. Should we be going to RIM for answer?

Alan L Wong

Alan L Wong Plus

Soxiam, could you kindly explain in simple terms why vimeo doesn't work on BB? My BB can play videos stored on my BB, and videos on youtube, but not vimeo. BB, I believe, still has a fairly large market share, so it seems strange that Vimeo does not want to ensure their product is compatible on BB. Could you please explain? Thanks.

Billy Jayne

Billy Jayne Plus

Is there a 3rd party app BB users can download to view vimeo videos? It might be a pain but a temporary solution?

Hill Training Ltd

Hill Training Ltd Plus

I agree with Alan. Considering that the web is browsed by a high percentage of corporate users on BB, and more and more businesses are using video on their websites, without BB compatibility, vimeo will eventually lose market share. Please contact me once a solution is devised.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are not ignoring the platform but I'm sure you will understand that we need to actually look at our own usage data and decide on priorities that makes most sense to given our limited resources.

David Strelitz

David Strelitz

I find this situation amazing. I can have stuff on Freebee You Tube that plays at a click but if it's on our Pro Account - nothing. In the business community the Blackberry is a popular choice and Managers and execs do get a kick in showing off their new promos etc.

Andy Hamilton

Andy Hamilton Plus

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 running the 7.1os and
I find that if i switch vimeo videos to watch in couch mode they seem to work ok.Sometimes have to go forward to next clip then back.

manodzit

manodzit

hi, thanks for the tip! :) (it gets stuck sometimes though)

mondor

mondor

I just want to testify that all the youth I know in Indonesia (place where I live) who uses vimeo, uses blackberry as well.
I have a curve 9220, the least fancy version of blackberry in my group.

Chodzilisekwkołodrogi

Chodzilisekwkołodrogi

Mobile Vimeo won't work on BlackBerry Bold 9900. It's only possible to open a site but no videos I can watch. I realize that you are not going to launch an app for BlackBerry 7 OS and this is even understandable but for OS 7 you should improve your mobile site for BB users which do not have any problems with mobile YouTube.

What about Vimeo app for upcoming BlackBerry 10? A new device from RIM and its OS 10 seems to be on the same level or even better than iOS and Android. Are you going to make it?

Present and future BlackBerry users need Vimeo app!

Link: youtube.com/watch?v=fg2xZed84Jg&feature=related

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

To be frank, I don't think we will be supporting BlackBerry devices in the future. The usage data we have show very small mobile share for our site to devote our limited resources at this time.

Maxime Bélanger

Maxime Bélanger

Well, BB10 will be base on QNX, like the playbook. This means that it will support flash very well.

That way, you will be able to easily watch flash video on vimeo and youtube.

BlackBerry 10 will be awesome, believe me !

The Farm

The Farm PRO

FYI - I've had someone try viewing a video on a Review Page using a Blackberry Q10 and it was successful.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.