Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean

Is there something you need to download to view Vimeo videos? They work on my computer, but when I'm signed in on my boyfriend's, no video appears. I've tried many different videos, all of which I know are not private--mine don't even appear when I'm signed in on his computer. Please help! I love vimeo and I want him to too!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

please post the URL of the video (one that you said isn't private but doesn't show up) so we can check.

also on what page did this video not show up?

Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean

No vimeo video comes up ever. The whole site is normal except when you click on a thumbnail, it takes you to the video's page where there is just blank space where the video should be. I attached one of my videos that didn't work on his computer, but it works on mine. Presumably it will work on yours too. He can't view vimeo embeds on other sites either.

thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/6763201

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

sounds like it's the issue with either the browser of the flash player on that machine then. i would suggest turning off any browser plug ins first. he can also check for his flash player version here: vimeo.com/help/flash

Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean

Thanks! I'll pass this along.

Stewart Smith

Stewart Smith

Is there any reason why Vimeo has become so flaky on Apple products? Especially iOS. Same issue as previous poster. It seem to be related to all these new look sections you have, especially the ones related to Windows, but Im sure that's just a coincidence.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

sorry but i do not understand what you mean. can you clarify what exactly isn't working for you so we can check?

Stewart Smith

Stewart Smith

Hi there,

Basically, if I try to view a video on the iPad which is present in one of you themed areas such as Staff Choice, or any others which have been skinned (mostly in the 'Explore' drop down), the videos tend not to play. However, I have since found that if I click on the maker of that film in the link within the top left of the 'themed' video, choose the same video again, I can play it quite happily.

In the themed areas, all I am presented with on choosing a movie is a blank area which never seems to launch a movie (and I have given it 5 minutes).

I can send some screen grabs that I have to help more if you want - I obviously cant send them to the no-reply email address.

If there is any way I can help, testing etc, please feel free to call on me as I think the Vimeo service and experience is second to none... Hence my surprise at this...

Cheers,

Stewart.

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi Stewart, videos actually don't play in most Channels and Groups on the iPad as you've discovered. There is one Channel layout (Stream view), which does work on the iPad. Otherwise, you will have to continue clicking on the video's title and watching it on its own dedicated clip page. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steven Paul Roberts

Steven Paul Roberts

I am unable to view vimeo on my website. I copy the embed code and paste it to my site. When I click the play button the white space becomes black with a silver spiral in the center. What do I need to do to get videos to play? The programmer for my site says he sees the video just fine.

Link: https://vps7.hitwebserver.com/~waibi12/members/index.php

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Steven,

Please try upgrading your browser, IE7 is pretty old. I would use Chrome or Firefox.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Steven,

You can always ask them to get in contact with us for help, but we can't possibly know everyones computer configuration, and there can be tons of factors aside from a browser for why a video won't display. For all intensive purposes, Vimeo works in IE, but these issues can only be handled case by case.

Steven Paul Roberts

Steven Paul Roberts

Matt,

I updated IE and I'm still unable to view the video. Here's what I see:
A white box appears with a small red "X" in a small box in the upper left corner. On the center left side of the large white box is a white diamond within a gray filled in circle (play button). When that button is clicked on, the white becomes black and a gray spiral begins to spin in the center of the box. There are functions displayed at the bottom of the black box in a gray area along the base of the black box (pause/play, how far along the video is - it doesn't move, a counter - white/red, volume, and screen size). Nothing else happens.

Steve

Link: https://vps7.hitwebserver.com/~waibi12/members/sermons.php

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Steve,

Can you show us a screenshot of that? It doesn't sound like our player.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.