Kevin Armstrong

Kevin Armstrong

If I access vimeo and want to watch a video from the site, the video will appear as a still image and I won't be able to play it. However, I have no problem with embedded vimeo videos on other sites. How can I fix this??

Thanks!

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Kevin,

Everything is fine for me in Firefox 3.6 on Windows 7. Can you try clearing your browser's cache and see if that fixes it?

Fred Vloo

Fred Vloo

Same here, looks like the same problem we had several times before the last 3 weeks

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

This issue seems to be resolved in Firefox 4 beta 10. Make sure you're on the latest version. Also note that we can't really guarantee that things will work in beta browsers.

Apiroy

Apiroy

I ave the same problem with my iPad
I only match still image without the play button
Please help

Apiroy

Apiroy

3.22 once month ago it was working fine

theimo

theimo

i have the same problem. vids won´t play in firefox 4.09 and ie8 on my netbook. works fine on my pc with firefox 4.09

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Sounds like it might be a cache issue, please try clearing your browser's cache. Also make sure that you update to the latest Firefox 4 beta (beta 10). Please note that we cannot guarantee that our site will work in beta browsers.

Christopher Gonzalez

Christopher Gonzalez

Hi there! As Fred Vloo said, this issue has been happening since 3 weeks ago.
The problem is: I can play my videos in IE7, but they can't be played in Safari (I have the latest version).
Please, do your best to solve this problem definitely, because it's becoming in something annoying.
Thanks!

Anya Yalin

Anya Yalin

I'm experiencing the same issue as well, except that I can't watch any Vimeo videos at all (not even embedded ones). There are no playback controls, just a still image from the video. Clicking the image does nothing.

I am in a 64-bit Windows Vista environment, running the latest version (5.0.3) of Safari. I am also running the most recent version (10.1.102) of Flash. I have tried emptying my cache as well as removing all my cookies, to no avail. I haven't made any browser changes in forever and I never had this problem before.

Please have another look at this issue. There is clearly something wrong with Vimeo itself. This is a major bug that currently prevents me from viewing any of the site's video content on this desktop.

Apiroy

Apiroy

I am running 3.22
One day to another stops working

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey guys, we're still looking into this, sorry for the delay. Since this is a duplicate thread, i'm locking it - you can post any further issues here vimeo.com/forums/topic:33589

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.