Josh Becker!

Josh Becker! PRO

I was wondering if it's possible (or could be in the future) to link directly to the mobile version of a video. Not the link that you have to click to play, but rather goes directly into playing the video.

I've tried taking the link generated after hitting play from the mobile page, but I noticed it has a "token=" element and after a short time, the link becomes unusable.

I was looking to embed the mobile video link into a QR code, so it could be instantly played when scanned.

Vogue Brasil / Paulo & Bertrand

Hi Josh, i d like to use vimeo plus but i'm new.

As Josh, i'd like to work with QR code and mobile. But i can't find a way to make a direct link that will autoplay the video on Iphones…

For example, i saw this video
player.vimeo.com/video/20759580

this link don't give us an autoplay on mobiles, how can i do ?

Thxs for the answer

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but the autostart option is available only via our embed code.

That's mean that this embed code is available only for the Vimeo Team, isn't it ?
This is not available for the Subscriber of vimeo plus ?

NASTYNASTY©

NASTYNASTY©

hi, would you tell me how it works in case I use a qr code with my smartphone? the auto play works well with my mac but it doesn't work with a mobile.
is it correct or I did something wrong?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Are you using our supplied embed code with the autoplay parameter on this page?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you post the URL in our help forum please?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you please post this to our help forum so our help staff can review and try to help?

Courtney Remes

Courtney Remes

Hello, I found this thread because I'm trying to link from a button on a mobile view to a Vimeo video and I want it to autoplay. Is this still true today?

"Sorry but the autostart option is available only via our embed code."

Thanks.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Courtney,

Can you please post this in our Help forum so the support staff can address your issue?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.