Robert Katz

Robert Katz

Is there a way to get the API to pull the ID for the downloads? I would like to display a link next to an embedded video to download it (in mov or whatever format). I thought that the download would be the same as the clip_id, but I guess not.

If a method isn't there for that, I'm assuming it wouldn't be that hard to implement since they have to have some relation in the database to display the right download to the video.

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

Yeah, there isn't a way to get that via the API. You have to be logged in to download the file though, so it's probably best to direct them to the vimeo page to download the file.

Peter and Kelly

Peter and Kelly

Why can't we use the API to download a video? I'd like to download about 100 videos but it would be a royal pain to have to click on each one, one at a time. Please please add that info to the results of video.getInfo, or add a quick getDownloadUrl command. Thanks!

Ted Roden

Ted Roden Alum

Sadly, I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. It's a policy decision at this point, not a technical one.

Perhaps in the future though...

Robert Katz

Robert Katz

Yeah. I would really like to see this added.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

As much as we'd like to add this, in the past features like this result in massive abuse. So for now, it's not going to happen.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.