Cory Thomas

Cory Thomas

So I Have Final Cut Pro 7 and every time I export(export in QuickTime, should I change this?) my video the final product always has a black screen at the end. It stays at the end of the video the longer the actual video is. I have a video that I exported about a week ago that is actually 4 minutes and 38 seconds long but the video says it is 5 minutes and 48 seconds long because of the 2 minutes and 10 seconds of the black screen. What do I do to fix this? Is there a way to select the footage before exporting so the software knows just to export the selected files? I have used Sony Vegas and even some other different editing softwares and have never run into this. Hopefully I gave enough detail for you all to help me out.

Olly Newport

Olly Newport

If you aren't already, use In/Out points on your timeline. These are easily activated by using the keyboard shortcuts "I" for in, and "O" for out.

In/Out basically tells FCP what part of your video you want to export.

Try sticking an In point at the very beginning of your timeline, and an Out point at the place you want the video to stop.

Quite typically the reason your video is extended by another minute is because of a tiny piece of footage that you've accidentally moved around on the timeline.

If this occurs, you can use the keyboard shortcut SHIFT+Z, in order to automatically adjust the timeline to the width of your screen.

Let me know if it works. :)

Brandon Ford

Brandon Ford

Hey There... I have had the same issue in the past and I have used the in and out points successfully. But for some reason lately, even that is not fixing the issue.... Any thoughts?

Cory Thomas

Cory Thomas

Thank you! Yes it did help, I just recently got FCP so i'm still trying to get used to it. Yeah I noticed that a longer footage extends the timeline but all of your tips helped. Appreciate it! :)

Gianrigo

Gianrigo

Hi!

I just bought a new Mac and a new FCP 7 and I have the same problem!

If I export a 3 min clip, file comes out to be 8 min long, the 3 min footage+ 5min of black!
BUT this ONLY happens if I export in HDV- 1080i50.
IF I export in current settings this doesn't happen! But the quality is much worse...

HELP?

Thank you!

Pete Perry

Pete Perry Plus

It's been happening to me when I add in music. This shift the out point to the end of the song, regardless of the footage.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.