Rob Bothof

Rob Bothof

Hi, I've just gotten a plus account with the main reason to be able to desing my own controls for the vimeo player, but when I disable all the standard vimeo player elements, a big vimeo play/pause button shows up in the middle of my video. Why is there no option to enable/disable this button in the plus embedding-settings while. Vimeo is promoting their plus account with 'Player Customization: Full Control' ?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi Rob. Sorry but you cannot remove the play button from our player. The decision was reached to ensure the most level of usability.

Klas Wikberg

Klas Wikberg Plus

Please do it ASAP! And then implement an interface listing all videos w an option to set all or separate options simultaneously, or delete several at the same time -this must be essential to most users. So many settings are spread out in an non user friendly way.

Rob Bothof

Rob Bothof

thank you for your quick response, but what do you mean with the most level of usability ? I would say that giving (paying) users the ability to fully customize the controls for their video's improves the usability! Vimeo offers the ability to embed videos only at a specific domain and even hide it from vimeo itself. But with this fixed play-button vimeo is limiting the user to provide viewers with a experience that would suit this type of embedding.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry, I mean tot say the most "basic" level of usability. What we found was that simply too many users didn't know the thumbnail represented a video they can play when you take away the play button.

Harald Sandø

Harald Sandø Plus

No, but then we can have OUR OWN IMAGE with our own play button that matches the website design!!!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

If that's what you'd like to do we recommend upgrading to PRO and using a custom third party player. This is really a functionality that is inline with the members that use Plus.

Rob Bothof

Rob Bothof

I understand this would be an issue when the video is shown on vimeo, but when embedding the video in a specific domain and excluding it from vimeo this would be a up to the user to present his video's in clear way. And what is then the use of a javascript api as in player.vimeo.com/playground, when player controls are always visible. Fixed controls defeat the purpose of such an api for customized embedding.

Also when autoplaying a video, the button still pops up, It would be clear that the user is watching a video in this case. Last I think there would be a more elegant solution than the big play/pause button that pops up in the middle of the video.

I understand these would be 'advanced' options for most users, but with this fixed play/pause buttons vimeo is not really offerring 'the completely customizable embedded video player' they claim on the website to be available for plus-users

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

I agree with Rob. Usability is important, but so is the ability to control the look of the video within a web site.

When a video is set to AUTOPLAY there is absolutely no need for the triangle play button. It is obtrusive and disrupts the aesthetics of the video object IN THIS INSTANCE.

Surly this is a simple programming issue, and one that ADDS VALUE to Vimeo as a distinct and superior design alternative to YouTube.

I encourage Vimeo to reconsider this decision and increase the design flexibility afforded to its paying customers, who are, by the way, attracted to Vimeo as a more aesthetically pleasing video site.

Dr. Strangelove
University of Ottawa

see an example of the issue here, in the site's header videos:

strangelove.com/video

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We will look into hiding the play button when the autoplay option is enabled.

Bantam Blue Studios

Bantam Blue Studios Plus

Soxiam (if you are still around) This is an absolute "MUST" and it's a poor show by Vimeo that all we are presented here after all this time is further vague statements and no action. Vimeo, as soon as we find another site offering this, there will be a huge migration......listen to your customers, and react. There have been some very good points raised here and you have ignored them for 3 years! Get with the programme

Rob Bothof

Rob Bothof

any news on adding this feature ??

Daniel Tait

Daniel Tait

I actually really need this function as my videos track along with a google maps animation. The app break if users can just scrub to where they want.

can I disable the scrub bar and add functionality to the default play button?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, those are two different player elements with two different functionalities.

Daniel Tait

Daniel Tait

that's not the answer to my question.

Daniel Tait

Daniel Tait

I have. I've created my own scrub bar and pause/play buttons. now I need to remove the default control overlay.

MapleLoft

MapleLoft PRO

i also would very much like to disable the play button. any updates on when this will be available?

ora ito

ora ito

We upgraded to a Plus account in order to be able to customize completely the controls, so, as others have mentioned, it's very annoying to not be able to customize this part of the player. We'll use big "Play" and "Pause" buttons in the middle of the video, just like Vimeo does, but we need to change the design of those buttons. So I understand that you don't want bad designers to destroy the usability of the player, but doing so you are limiting (and driving away) the good ones.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The ability to hide the play button is definitely coming in the future. Sorry for the delay but we've had many high(er) priority projects we have to get through first.

allen martinez

allen martinez

this is kind of a big deal.. the button is cramping my portfolio page... it's why i am using vimeo.... to host my websites video... that big fat button looks ridiculous when your videos thumbnails are only an 1"x1" inches

Nineyards

Nineyards PRO

@Soxiam. You posted this promice over two years ago and STILL no progress on this. Wath the F is happening?

Martin Glanert

Martin Glanert PRO

So 2 years later...nothing has changed? How to you define "in the future"? I think I will cancel my account and move to Wistia...

fontijnenderli

fontijnenderli PRO

I must also say that it's annoying, that there was still now move in this topic! Just listen to your customers and add the feature!

Ewgeniya

Ewgeniya Plus

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! very inflexible customer service and development.

WILGART

WILGART Plus

This is redicolous!
Make the visibility of the button an option immediately!
Bastards!

Brent Goodale

Brent Goodale

I cant wait for the ability to disable the play button as well! Thanks I think its much needed as well

Margien

Margien Plus

victor charly charly to mike zero foxtrot ...

Jason Hall

Jason Hall

Is this going to be on the new Vimeo when the embed features appear?

PENSACOLA

PENSACOLA PRO

I have the same issues, I would like to remove the play triangle in my auto-play videos. I have paid for Vimeo Plus and I think this is uncomfortable for the customization of the embedded videos.

Fairewinds Energy Education

Fairewinds Energy Education Plus

Yeah - we don't want the play button to be covering the face of the guy in our video either. This thread started 9 months ago. Come on guys, we're paying, we just want to turn the play button off.

Is there a similar video service that does not force their graphics onto their customers?

Cosmic Panda Productions

Cosmic Panda Productions

I am putting my video on a website and the video is in panoramic view (Width 800, Height 200) and would like the play / pause button taken off the video completely as the video goes on autoplay and is on a loop.

When the mouse hovers over the video and that annoying play / pause button shows up it's distracting and annoying as it's bang in the middle of the video. It's not much to ask for to have full control over what buttons you can see / don't see and that is what we pay for.

Is this getting put into place soon like the guys above have asked, over 9 months ago??!

First Born Films

First Born Films PRO

We'd like the ability to remove this button too. Its a big eye-sore in the middle of our short.

Asta Films

Asta Films Plus

I'd also like to be able to remove the play/pause button - any news on when this could happen? Is there any kind of code fix that anyone knows of?

Karen Marvel

Karen Marvel

I have an auto play also which is a feature on the home page-- the play/pause button is a distraction to both the design and user experience as there is no need to play OR pause this video. Please listen to the others and make this an option for the PLUS subscribers

Johan van der wijk

Johan van der wijk Plus

Any update on this issue? Since I am using autoplay and the api to control the player there is really no need for the play/pause button.

Joshua

Joshua

Hello? Vimeo, are you listening or is this pretty standard behavior towards paying customers?

Keegan Richard

Keegan Richard PRO

I guess they can care less about this issue. Garbage moving services.

Cosmic Panda Productions

Cosmic Panda Productions

Any news on this?? Also, I noticed that when you right click on this video it comes up with a bunch of options: Watch on Vimeo, Watch in Couch mode, Enter full screen etc. etc.

Can this be disabled?? Don't want any options AT ALL! So annoying.

Asta Films

Asta Films Plus

It's frustrating that the new version of vimeo hasn't been developed with this in mind. I'd really like to lose that play/pause button - I'm thinking of using a different platform altogether ...

JARDINE

JARDINE

I hate it too....ridiculous that the programmers have not given the simple option of show/ don't show. That's why we all bought this product.....customize. Not partial customize. Vimeo, hurry up, this is nearly 1 year old.
I don't need the product if the button shows. I'm emailing them, perhaps if we all do that they might take note, they clearly don't read these.

JoyGrafika

JoyGrafika

hey vimeo staff, is this happening? can you comment please.

SDFarm

SDFarm PRO

We have a pro account and still we cannot move or remove the play button??? Please at least let us select a location for the button if you do not want it removed.

Asta Films

Asta Films Plus

I'd really like to know if there are any plans to do anything about this guys!!

the youngest

the youngest

We were facing the same problem. The temporary solution we came up with (until this feature is added) was to add an extra transparent div after the iframe. When both the iframe and the div have position absolute, the extra div is "on top" of the iframe.

This way you can bind click events to the extra div and control playing/pausing the video, and the button won't appear on rollover since the user is actually hovering the extra div.

I hope this helps.

TBWA\Manchester

TBWA\Manchester Plus

we're attempting a fudge like the above - but really, we are absolutely struggling to see why this isn't already removable.
(in fact we are struggling to see why we can we not just have the video sit there, with no default controls at all, including click events).

Player customization please!

Lukas Brasiskis

Lukas Brasiskis Plus

I bought Vimeo PLUS account expecting to be able totally customize my embedded videos. Vimeo staff, please, respond.

Gioia Fueter

Gioia Fueter

Tha same here, I want a refund, I can do nothing with this... I am using the vimeo to show a 2mb decorative looping video, I have bought the pro specifically for it and now I can't use it...

TAO Group

TAO Group PRO

I want it also. Why should it take 7 months to add this feature?

Clemens Lermen

Clemens Lermen

Same here! We would love to use the Pro Account - but without this Play / Pause Button in the middle of the video

Zanadoo

Zanadoo Plus

Yes that would suit me too! and to be able to control the size button when it required!

doo GmbH

doo GmbH

What's going on with this topic? If you don't implement it, I think we will cancel our Pro Account

Link: doo.net

swanny

swanny Plus

Also interested in losing those buttons

Awkward Group

Awkward Group

Lol, i believe that all the stars fall from the sky before we get any chance of editing / modifying the player!

Victor Kellar

Victor Kellar Plus

It's more clear now than ever before: Vimeo is designed for people to bumble around viewing videos in a very child like way, like some other site I won't mention. I love how everything is said to be geared for the viewer's experience .. well without people posting videos guess what? There will be no viewers experience. On my page, with my videos, shouldn't I be in charge of how I would like people to view my videos? They are mine after all. Or are they

The Prodigal Company

The Prodigal Company

Very frustrating to read all the way to the bottom of this page and not read a single post about this issue being resolved. Like everyone else, we too purchased the PLUS account to have full customization and are disappointed to find that is not the case. Any word on when this might be taken care of?

WITNESS THIS

WITNESS THIS

Yo Vimeo. respond to your people. its time for some answers!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It's something we are considering for the larger player release slated for later this year.

PIGSKE

PIGSKE

Yeah ! Please ! But not just for auto play. For all embedded vids :)

Timothy Kevin Seward

Timothy Kevin Seward Plus

yeah vimeo you guys have honestly disappointed me on several fronts.. first it is the fact that you can not arrange the order of your uploads which greatly affects how people view my videos on my website after the original video is done playing.. so without having to re upload all my videos in the order i want losing all my stats I am basically stuck with a garbage system for what? so you can take my money and i can be pissed off/annoyed at you?

AND now I can not just have the "play button" without the timeline, volume, and vimeo logo on my video on my website or turn it off completely.. this is an option people want for their websites not yours and they pay you for features like this.. I love how clean the uploads look, but this kind of stuff is putting a bad taste in my mouth..

Timothy Kevin Seward

Timothy Kevin Seward Plus

if i remember right you used to have the videos just have a large play button in the center when the video is embeded and static on a website.. that was nice where is that feature? why now do you have to have the long player controls when its static.. sure its a great default, but if i dont want it visible and i am paying you for a service then i should be able to remove the controls from showing up initially at the very least..

Special Design Studio

Special Design Studio

Please give us the customisation we're paying for: the ability to remove/position/style the play/pause button.

And while you're at it, how about something in the javascript API for going fullscreen?

Joao Martinho Moura

Joao Martinho Moura Plus

The play button in the middle of the video is so obtrusive and disrupts the aesthetics. I consider so much Vimeo that I can't believe this question has not yet been solved.

I encourage Vimeo to reconsider this decision.

At least Vimeo could give the option to place the button in one of the conners instead of in the middle of the movie. With the button in the middle ... there is no movie to appreciate.

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Bird's Eye Entertainment

This is especially true for small or thumbnail sized videos. Even when the video is autoplayed.

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Bird's Eye Entertainment

Wow, it's been a year. I know you vimeo guys are working hard, but any word on this? seems like there's a lot of support/reason for this.

At the very least, an autoplayed embed would never need this button in terms of usability.

De Mannen Zonder Pak

De Mannen Zonder Pak PRO

Dear Vimeo,

I would like to see this issue resolved. I'm struggling with the exact same problem as all the people above. Please put it back on the "top priority" list ;-)
Thank you very much in advance

Coen Remmelts
The Netherlands

zcw

zcw PRO

please would like the same

Nathan Thomas

Nathan Thomas Plus

I would like the ability to hide the Play/Pause button. This issue is currently souring my relationship with a client.

Elite Secure

Elite Secure

can the pause/play button at least be moved so its not right in the middle of my movie?

michal hermon

michal hermon

this request is essental for me too...
please inform whether it is about to be answered and when :(

THE YOUNG ASTRONAUTS

THE YOUNG ASTRONAUTS PRO

Everything about vimeo is awesome - except for the fact you can't remove the play/pause button. I'm using the API to control everything.

As much as this seems like a small issue, it will likely be the reason I look for another approach/company to use.

Please let us remove this!

CouplesResorts

CouplesResorts

Stop ignoring us and address this issue. This is obviously a highly requested feature. It has been over a year. Comon guys get with it.

Raj

Raj

Hi Soxiam

i want disable vimeo play button in iphone inside uiwebview i tried fro autoplay=1 but doesn't working and in our application we setting play with password is any method for uiwebview authentication so user can directaly play that private video in our application?

allen martinez

allen martinez

this is kind of a big deal.. the button is cramping my portfolio page... it's why i am using vimeo.... to host my websites video... that big fat button looks ridiculous when your videos thumbnails are only an 1"x1" inches

Bob Tierney

Bob Tierney PRO

Likewise, we need the same thing - no play button with mouseover. Here's another rub that I didn't see discussed - if you set the "Outro" to LINK, the link text is trashed by the play button as the user mouses over to go click on it. Seriously? This instance is breaking Vimeo's own feature of displaying a link in the outro.

On a sidenote, why is it that so many companies feel that they can't be straight with their customers anymore? How about "the dude that wrote the player was hit by a bus and all we have is his binary so we have to re-write the player first." At least then we'd all feel bad about complaining.

Randy King

Randy King Plus

I think we're going to have to start a petition on "Change.org" to get this done. I heard that the CTO for the Vatican also requested it and even got his most excellency The Pope on the horn - no luck, play button stays. So we're just going to have to kick the request upstairs.

WSI Internet Advisors

WSI Internet Advisors PRO

I agree with all posting here. It doesn't make any sense to have the start and pause buttons show on autoplaying movies.

Chimney

Chimney PRO

Wow, over a year old and still no movement on this issue. Vimeo are so on the ball in so many ways that this seems really out of character. It should be clear by now that this is a major issue for a lot of users, and deserves a bit more then just a vague promise to consider it. It would be good to have some solid info on when we can expect movement on this. Will it be another year? Or is there hope for us any time in the near future.

Kevin Bell

Kevin Bell

I would also like this feature!

Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts

I would be a paying Vimeo member but this is a huge stumbling block for me.

In the mean time I'm using Video JS videojs.com/

- HTML5 w/ flash fallback
- FULL customization over controls w/ html & css
- opensource, free & CDN hosted
- Compatible w/ all devices & older browser that you would care about
- easy implementation

Until pigs fly or the Vimeo platform allows further customization ;)

Ian

EDIT: I must say to those that complain about services through Vimeo, it is great for what it is, but it can't be all things to all people... so chill a little bit •_•

dokuwa Communications

dokuwa Communications Plus

dear vimeo,

isn´t it possible to design the playbutton / playbar like the videos on "vimeo staff picks" on the vimeo start page when you are logged in?? like seeing only the playbutton on the left down side + endtime on the right down side!!?? and once the video is playing, the whole middle bar part is appearing???
what´s the problem????? you are using it by yourself?? or am i on an old update status and we can customize it now??????
thanks for short feedback!!
dl.dropbox.com/u/5209173/Bildschirmfoto%202013-02-02%20um%2022.15.04.png

ken @ dokuwa

adam wilson

adam wilson Plus

Come on Vimeo, please remove that irritating play button when autoplay is selected. It really is a major issue but I'm sure it's a quick fix.

Luxxion

Luxxion PRO

The large play-button is irritating and looks very unprofessional when you will do an Autoplay-looped-embed. Thats only a huge reason to fix this. W're using a PRO-Acount and we'll need this functionallity as an alternative for flash. like this: mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=8
By default the button is vissible. But let us decide to turn that off please.
This issue has a long story.

When is this fixed? Give us a clear answear!
And if it will never fixed... we will know.

MCB81/80x

MCB81/80x

Please fix this. I am a newly paying customer trying to embed videos in a context where I will need to control the playback and controls. The play button is a usability and aesthetic disaster in my use case. From the several years worth of complaints on this topic, I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. This basically makes the plus account useless to me.

It would be nice if Vimeo could get off of its high horse and recognize that videos will be embedded in settings outside of the (apparently small) imagination of whoever decided that it was writ in stone that all videos must have a big fat play button plastered over top of them.

Casper

Casper

Vimeo - PLEASE comment on plans (yes or no) for implementing this feature. I may have to close my account if we can't get it soon. I would be happy to beta test anything you come up with. Please! Your users are begging you.

Eykona

Eykona

looks like vimeo have no intention of responding to their users needs on this one. time to find another provider perhaps?

Lapino Albino

Lapino Albino PRO

Found a workaround: just place an absolute transparent block on top of the iframe.
That way the play button just appears for 1 second then isn't triggered by mouseovers anymore.

Don't forget to play with z-indexes ;)

Tadaa ^^

Nick Middleton

Nick Middleton Plus

Hey, thanks for publishing this workaround. Just wondering if you could elaborate on this as you make it sound very simple but unfortunately i've no idea what you're talking about - n00b life.

I like a lot of people here I assume got the Vimeo Plus account hoping that there would be flexibility on this issue and it seems to be an issue that's been ignored for a while.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Link: clickreloadvideo.tumblr.com

Poetry in Water

Poetry in Water Plus

Hi there, i'm having the same problem... if anyone can advice how to add that transparent block? I have no knowledge of coding though... cheers, Steve

Link: poetryinwater.com

ecosmob

ecosmob

Does vimeo pro allow feature to remove default player and use our own third party player?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hey folks,

If you're a PRO member, you can use a third party player that supports the removal of all player chrome: vimeo.com/help/faq/pro#thirdpartyplayer

Vimeo's player will not be removing the Play/Pause button.

LUKE FELLOWS

LUKE FELLOWS

Page not found ! It must have been removed

Benjamin Gordon

Benjamin Gordon

Quick hack is to overlay a transparent div over the top so when you move the mouse over the player nothing happens. Still appears initially though.... Annoying.

LUKE FELLOWS

LUKE FELLOWS

Thanks, this sounds like my best option.

klucznik.net

klucznik.net

not cool. would love to have it disappear...

Custo Barcelona

Custo Barcelona

please, users plus we should have the ability to hide the button for play / pause that appears in the middle, is unsightly to the design of our site.

NONUMBERS

NONUMBERS Plus

Hi recently bought plus to have customisable player but with the very first video uploaded i have come up against this very issue.

When I am using autoplay, there needs to be an option to hide the play pause button, it not only obstructs the video whilst it is playing but it also ruins the effect once it has stopped if you are trying to make the video an interactive element to your webiste rather than a film etc.

please see the example on our holding page, there seems to be lots of users frustrated about not being able to hide play/pause when autoplay is enabled.

ps. not interested in a 3rd party player via PRO as this removes vimeo's privacy benefits

Link: nonumbers.co.uk

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi there,

Sorry you're running into trouble with this. I appreciate the feedback, however right now we don't have any plans to remove the play/pause button as we feel it's something the user should always be able to control.

DM Consulting

DM Consulting

Hello,
i upgraded to plus today for the same reason NONUMBERS was talking about two posts above, only i place the videos onto a slider.

The pause/play button completely ruins the effect!

Before upgrading the upgrade page said, and i quote "There are so many options, it might just blow your mind."
Well this option is crucial for developers trying to utilizze video in some special ways, and the fact that it is missing does ruin the value of the subscription.

When you say "we feel it's something the user should always be able to control", that might be true for content YOU create. But when its MY content, as a paying customer, i want to be able to have full control. If MY users feel they lack control, then they are only a click away to go elsewhere.

Anyway it should be the videomaker's/developer's call.
DO NOT TREAT YOU CLIENTS AS CAREBEARS, we do not need a tutor thank you.

I hope Vimeo solves this problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

If you switch to Vimeo PRO you are free to use a third party player and simply let Vimeo serve the file, but we feel our player should always have a play button, so as long as our player is being used that is what will appear for now.

We appreciate the feedback, but we're not planning on removing this as of now.

Chad Fullerton

Chad Fullerton PRO

Hi Matt. If the Vimeo team has decided to force the pause/play button if we use the Vimeo default player, that's your call. But I will make one suggestion: when autoplay is set to 'true', there is what I would consider a 'bug' where the Pause button (with the pause icon) appears in the center of my video and stays there for a good 2 seconds while the video starts playing instantly in the background. Then the pause button slowly fades away. I think this is distracting and there is no way I've found to stop it. I'm ok if the pause button appears when the user hovers over the video, but it shouldn't cover up the video on autoplay like that!

Looking forward to hearing your reponse. Thanks Matt.

Andrew Read

Andrew Read

What's happening with this? I need the same issue solved.

Flicks Producties

Flicks Producties Plus

Dear Matt,

You said Chad Fullerton has a good point, indeed he does. You said to investigate it, so what are your findings thus far? Please don't ignore this post. Also, i think a colleague of yours should have done this years ago (check back in this forum). Kind regards.

Mike Deiure

Mike Deiure Plus

I would like to agree with Chad on his last comment about the pause icon showing up when i embed videos from vimeo and set them to auto play... Not gonna sit here and bitch and moan... but I think in this one instance.. it is something that should be removed. The reason i want the video to auto play is so that people watch it and don't pause it. Having the icon show up to pause the video...is a distraction to the viewwer

David Altweger

David Altweger

same here. please remove it at least when in autoplay. it completely defeats the purpose.

Century 21 Department Stores

Century 21 Department Stores

My web production team is coding a clickable div over the video which is set to loop so that the entire looping video becomes a navigational button leading to a product category. So, a way to remove everything including the center play/pause button is what we need.

In other cases on our site, we upload a custom thumbnail image with a stylized play "button" our designers chose to use. We didn't want any of Vimeo's controls showing but since the central button would interfere with the "button" in the design, we were forced to leave the bottom controls.

We're going to have to look into spending money to have our CMS developers configure another video player if Vimeo can't accommodate. And we wouldn't need our Vimeo PRO account anymore in that case.

With a PRO account you need to focus on my user experience so I can focus on my audience's user experience.

Links: c21stores.com/index.cfm/tower/test/sp/Week30_General_AMansWorldVideo_Women, c21stores.com/Social_Andrew-WK

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Ken,

There are some great third party players out there if you want to use our static video URLs you get as a PRO member. Sorry we don't have a solution yet!

James Farmer

James Farmer

If you could allow us to remove the pause button that'd be amazing :)

This page is almost perfect... incsub.com/careers/ - just need that pause button to go on hover.

Sebastiaan van Dijk

Sebastiaan van Dijk PRO

Matt, could you give some examples of (easy to use; as easy as Vimeo) third party players?

The thing is the Vimeo player is perfect. Except for not being able to hide, or at least move the play/pause button to a different position... We purchased a pro account for the customisability, and ease of use, to not having to go through the hassle of finding, setting up and integrating another video player on our website.

TOVIFIT

TOVIFIT PRO

If the recommended solution is to use a third party player with static video URLs, it would be awfully helpful to have those static URLs available via API.

Jeroen Storm

Jeroen Storm Plus

Please, let me remove the pause/play button! I really don't understand why a developer may not do this. It's the choice of the developer, NOT vimeo's...
It would make vimeo perfect!

My case: I want to autoplay a video in the background, and after it finishes another action is done (load next video or display a button). The user may not control the video! (but now the user always has these anoying play/pause buttons!!!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

As a PRO member you can use a third party player to accomplish this, but Vimeo's player will maintain the play/pause button for now.

Virtual Call Center

Virtual Call Center PRO

Hello!
I created a channel and I added a video. I'm pro user.
This video is password protected.
Others still be able to play through the channel.
One can see the playback controls (play button).
How do I get out of this button?
thank you

Nelli Licht

Nelli Licht

Would love to use third party player instead of Vimeo player, but Vimeo solution for third party players breaks domain locking! What should I do if I want domain locked video without play button?!

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

You'll need to find a player that supports this feature. When using our static URLs, the player you choose is completely in control of how that video works.

LUKE FELLOWS

LUKE FELLOWS

People have been asking for this to removed for years, paying customers.
To be able to hide the play/pause button would not even disable the function. it stops and restarts wherever you click on the screen.
If it could at least be moved to say the bottom left hand corner it would be a vast improvement.
i recommended this to a client, having read a recommendation elsewhere. i told him to pay $200 for a years subscription and quite frankly I think he's going to be quite annoyed that there is a button stuck right in the centre of the page. Thank you very much ¡¡
You want to retain the function but why deny us control of our own pages. Right bang in the middle is a bit stupid I CANT BELIEVE IT Just get one of your CSS guys to offer us a choice of positions on the page. Can you not hear your customers? I've been a customer for one day and I'm very surprised to find this.
WAKE UP MAN ! You're the best player, but people are going to leave you.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Luke,

Sorry you're disappointed with the lack of this option, but you still have the choice to use a third party player with our static URLs. We're also considering the ability to move the play button around, and/or hide it, but have no updates at this time.

FINLAY & CO.

FINLAY & CO. PRO

Hi Luke,

Disappointed is an understatement... people are screaming at you to implement this. It's noddy stuff - soo easy to implement, but you won't do it... this is madness to not listen to your clients!

This is sooo frustrating. Why won't you just give us the option... its really quite simple to implement. Forcing us to use third party players is another layer of junk we have to wade through. I'm a developer - logged into a clients account at the moment while I set things up for him. Really, please, please, please listen to your users. My clients videos are very short - 10 second clips... and we're stuck with a play button filling the screen for the duration of the video while it shows progress. It looks wrong. I am now going to have to implement a third party player, and instruct my client on how to grab the static url... pasting some embed code is much easier to explain.

Rob

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Rob,

Sorry you feel this way, but Vimeo's philosophy on the matter is as follows:

We have to balance the needs of the creator and viewer. Hiding the play button, we believe, confuses the viewer and puts them in a situation where they're being subjected to a video they have no control over and may want to stop. This is not how Vimeo wants our player to behave.

I'm sorry you disagree with our choice, but to keep Vimeo's feature-set lean, we offer static URLs to PRO members so they can still use VImeo and accomplish this if they want.

nwhite

nwhite

Vimeo your not being completely honest.

Your information has been shifting on your site over this issue.

Top staff comment with suggestion to use 3rd party players is broken (vimeo.com/forums/topic:37769#comment_986). It should be pointing to vimeo.com/help/faq/sharing-videos/embedding-videos#how-do-i-use-a-third-party-player-with-vimeo-pro. Now with a more vague message.

This is really about branding. The play button cannot be stylized no matter what. Regardless if you pay for PRO. Vimeo wants to brand Vimeo. I get that. So what is it worth to you? I would actually pay more just for this.

I upgraded a client with the need to customize a video player. Yes I can do this with 3rd party players but I wanted the polish and support of your player. Without the control my client demands I have no other choice then to pull the pro account which is still within its cancelation period. "Your Basic Usability" just lost you a customer and $200/year.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry you decided to leave Vimeo PRO! Using PRO you can customize the player including removal of all Vimeo branding, but some functionality is locked (mainly the play/pause button).

I'll be sure to update the sticky comment at the top -- thanks for pointing that out.

jruutu

jruutu

I hope this isn't against the rules, but it is possible to hide those buttons. Look at jsfiddle.net/D8wv4/1/

At least in my opinion, in this case the developer makes the decision to implement "BAD" user experience.

Here is also jquery version, whitch automatically resize the video.

Link: jsfiddle.net/XL3M3/

Poetry in Water

Poetry in Water Plus

Hi there, thanks for this info. I've managed to embed my vimeo video on my homepage but i have no idea where exactly to add this code snippet on the code i have.... if you can help that would be much appreciated !! cheers, Steve

Link: poetryinwater.com

Matthew Williamson

Matthew Williamson Plus

I'm shocked that a company that has reached the levels of vimeo does not listen to its developer community. We are not idiots, we understand user experience and we need a player that we can customise without your controls getting in the way. And guess what, if we want to implement a bad user experience, then that should be our choice because we pay for your service. If you continue to flagrantly ignore your developer base then you will not grow or improve. The stock answer about maintaining usability does not hold weight.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Matthew,

Sorry you feel this way, and by no means do we think you don't know your own audience or how to implement your own experience, but Vimeo wants to maintain control over our own player and our experience. We may make this more flexible in the future, but ultimately it's something we have to decide on.

Leap Productions

Leap Productions PRO

Soxiam STAFF 2 years ago
We will look into hiding the play button when the autoplay option is enabled.

2 years ago im shocked that a basic function has not been implemented, for what should be a simple click to remove the play button.

Ninety Percent

Ninety Percent PRO

Absolutely ridiculous to be honest, we signed up for a Pro account just so we could have a "naked" video player on our temporary landing page, and then we find out we've paid $199 for something that doesn't exist (the pro page promised full control of player).

Anyway, easy fix to just put the video in a container, enable play controls to get rid of the pause button, mask the controls with a pseudoclass...voila.

Arnab Mitra

Arnab Mitra

The Center Play Button is very annoying and is killing the fun of me been able to use the Video as an auto play and unfortunately have to switch to HTML5 player and thus host the video from my own server..

This is not done, you guys should have heard the loyal users and would have done atleast this much.. Its been 2 years and users are asking for it and you have not been able to add a simple functionality!!

andrews:degen

andrews:degen Plus

Yes, I totally agree with the other users, it is such a simple but important extra. This is why I got a plus account to also be able to just loop a video in the back of website without any play/pauze button. I hope that 'Vimeo' will soon implement this function, otherwise I also have to leave vimeo again...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We have to balance the needs of the creator and viewer. Hiding the play button, we believe, confuses the viewer and puts them in a situation where they're being subjected to a video they have no control over and may want to stop. This is not how Vimeo wants our player to behave, and we have no plans on removing the play button or creating a completely chrome-less player.

chartisan

chartisan PRO

An option to remove the pause/play button is still highly needed. The main reason for us ist, that there are so many website and themes that use videobackgrounds. There is no point for there user to have control of that, but many good reasons for consitent design.
The option for pro users like us to use third party player is not the answer, as when using stock video we need to have full copyright control.

Vimeo definitley should get up-to-date and accept that there are so many sites using videobackgrounds and this feature is definitly needed. Please provide a solution finally as you anounced one already years ago... and then changed your mind again.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We use a video background on our logged out home page (log out and go to vimeo.com). This is accomplished by using native HTML with the equivalent of a third-party/external player URL. If you decide to use the Vimeo embed code instead for your background, you should be able to layer elements on top that would prevent the player controls from appearing. Many users are already doing this on their own sites with existing tools.

The 3 Week Diet

The 3 Week Diet PRO

Or....you know...you could add that yourself without forcing us to go elsewhere or use add on tools to do this.

Main Event Weddings

Main Event Weddings PRO

I've been a vimeo user for years. I recently upgraded to vimeo pro. I decided to take my website to the next level with responsive techniques. I'm not sure why in the world Vimeo will not let you remove the play/pause button. I think its ridiculous we can not remove the play pause button.
I'll have to find a way of disabling it or moving to a new platform.

Peter Richman

Peter Richman PRO

Hi Vimeo,

Surely it would be better for Vimeo to implement a solution once than have hundreds if not thousands of paying users Google around for 3rd party plugins?

Just think of the thousands and thousands of hours wasted buggering around with plug-ins and JS the world over. This chain is over 3 years old. You could have saved enough human effort to send a man to the moon, or something... if video people did that sort of stuff.

But that's ok, because Vimeo want to give their PRO account users' customers the ability to pause or play a background video. Pull the other one; that excuse is 50 shades of lame. The fact that you had to do some 3rd party work around on your own home page just goes to show how ridiculous that is. What if they wanted to pause the background video on your home page?*shock / horror*

I want to use background video in a slice of the page (rather than full page) on a video that is 9 seconds long...

Please implement this.

Jay Carr

Jay Carr

Yea Vimeo, you're a tool (and not a good one)

sincerely,
Everyone

elke baulig

elke baulig Plus

I also found out that you have the most ugly play controls which cannot be edited.
As soon as I find a better solution I quit my Vimeo-membership.

Norwich University

Norwich University Plus

"you should be able to layer elements on top that would prevent the player controls from appearing. Many users are already doing this on their own sites with existing tools."

Can you give us a tutorial on how this would be done?

evan1138

evan1138 PRO

Why be paternalistic about this issue? Here we are, real customers of yours, and you tell use what _our_ customers need. If you could stand outside of that conceptual box and look in I think you would be amazed at how silly it appears. Vimeo is a tool, and a great one, but it is not a religion. So how about being cool and, especially, playing nice?

evan1138

evan1138 PRO

Actually, until I find a better solution I'm going to put the Vimeo logo back on my videos. This way the public will have a better idea who is responsible for this that ghastly interface.

This reminds me of the petulant Steve Jobs declaring IOS would not support flash, only html5. Infuriating, and I'm an Apple fan big time.

And don't forget that for every one of us who write there are 40 more, give or take, who don't but are just as po'd. And don't forget, we almost all code for a living. This is why any technical obstacles seem trivial and therefor this policy based on some Vimeo honcho got a message from their god and is going with it.

Randall Packer

Randall Packer Plus

After reading through this thread I have decided to dump Vimeo as soon as I find a solution to getting rid of the play/pause button. After an entire community of video professionals have expressed their complete rejection of this invasive UI technique, it is time for Vimeo to support their customers, not some vague notion of what they think users want.

U.I.E. Media Inc.

U.I.E. Media Inc. PRO

What other solution do you recommend? Can't believe Vimeo has not implementer this feature
yet!

IARTES

IARTES PRO

We also became a PRO user seeking for the full customization that was advertised for your player. How could we know that Vimeo makes an exception with the play button? Our website have sections where many short videos are played in sequence, in this case showing the play button every time a new video load is ugly and unnecessary.

Using third party players is not an option due to its limitations (see vimeo.com/help/faq/managing-your-videos/video-settings#how-do-i-use-a-third-party-player-with-vimeo-pro) and lack of automation in the publication process. Also, by going this way we lose many other advertised benefits from the PRO account.

So, please, implement this “feature”, to be able to hide the play/pause button. It's easy, will help in many use cases and will make Vimeo true to its own promises.

Natasha Raj

Natasha Raj

Unfortunately I was just hit with the same issue and it is so annoying! My entire landing page concept and design is ruined! Is there really NO way around removing that BIG play button?

Deon Nel

Deon Nel

Same. Vimeo do something.

Trusty Digital Media

Trusty Digital Media PRO

I would suggest everyone here look into a site called GitHub.

Just because Vimeo doesn't want to integrate a simple removal of a button in their embed system doesn't mean it can't happen.

Expand your horizons, I found an answer with javascript in 10 minutes.

Let's be cool here guys.

Footpath Pictures

Footpath Pictures PRO

Not everyone can work with the javascript api, but I can. Would you be really cool and post a link to the solution you found, or the code itself?

Nathan Goldsworthy

Nathan Goldsworthy Plus

Vimeo you are just a joke. 3 Years of this thread... Really? Having that button in the centre in a pro account does not give you the right to brand my videos with that big ugly Vimeo button. When the main reason to upgrade to pro was to customise as I want. fix this now. or will cancel my account.

Matthew Robert Edwards

Matthew Robert Edwards Plus

This thread is now three years old... Vimeo telling us, it's customers, that we are at their mercy. The customer is always right, so I'm cancelling my account and moving to someone who listens to what their customers want!

Absolute shocking disregard for paying customers.

Laters!

Glo-Blades International Inc.

Glo-Blades International Inc. Plus

Seriously, this is hard to believe. I thought Vimeo was the choice for the pros but apparently not. I'm not a pro developer myself but I know enough to grasp the wrongness of your steadfast refusal. If I ignored my customers' requests to this degree I would be out of business. I don't have the skills and/or time to dink around with 3rd party stuff. I simply want to group together several thumbnails in one section of my home page but they look like a crude geometry lesson with those big ugly play buttons. Since my business is paying for the premium account why can't I receive premium benefits? Vimeo's revenue very well may go the way of other close-minded vendors to the open source community with freedom of expression and what's right for the business. This approach is definitely NOT right for my business.

Link: glo-blades.com

Dancing Dog Films

Dancing Dog Films Plus

Anyone know any other sites where I could host my videos rather than Vimeo? I can't believe that they have ignored their customers for this long. I want to get rid of the play button and create my own play button to match my website branding, but it looks lilkeit can't be done. I am a PLUS user but would hav moved to PRO if this could be done. I don't understand about a third party player does anyone know of a good video tutorial that would talk me through, and if so would this allow me to design my own play button?
Thanks,
Amanda

Victor & Alan

Victor & Alan Plus

is it even possible to hide the pause button when you hover over an video that is autoplayed?

XNcreative

XNcreative Plus

There is absolutely no reason to have the play/pause button appear on videos that are set to loop and auto play. Totally ruins the viewing experience.

Scott Oneal

Scott Oneal

I will add to the fight. What if a company wants to use the videos in a digital signage environment. That environment needs a clean video because its playing in a loop with multiple videos. We have setup multiple places with youtube because at least they allow a no control options in there api. I dont hate the design i hate that you leave out choice. You might need to reconsider this because you could gain more companies by allowing this for the digital signage world.

Andre Lavell

Andre Lavell

Wow this is a 3 year old issue. Glad i'm not alone in wanting this feature. Just signed for a pro account too... assuming that this would be standard. I was wrong

Baldurfilm

Baldurfilm Plus

I also need to have this button removed, there are so many options for hiding controls and yet this is still not fixed

" Soxiam STAFF 3 years ago
The ability to hide the play button is definitely coming in the future. Sorry for the delay but we've had many high(er) priority projects we have to get through first."

Dorosh Documentaries, LLC.

Dorosh Documentaries, LLC. Plus

Hey guys we like the service but the play button is killing the look and feel of our site for our mobile users. We are using this in our splash page and displaying an image to our mobile users, well as you can see our site looks like crap on mobile devices such as phones and tablets. Lets get this fixed!

Link: doroshdocumentaries.com/

Nathaniel Millett

Nathaniel Millett Plus

Whats the deal with this? I have specifically been told by clients that they didn't know to click on the video because the small play icon was hard to see. I would rather make a custom thumb with my own icon and background and as you can see on my site now its obstructing my text.

Vimeo.... can't you at least allow us to toggle the visibility on/off? It's clearly a no brainer.

Link: digivisionfx.com

SWEET STUDIO

SWEET STUDIO PRO

Hi, I am looking to have the play button removed from my embedded videos as I have them in autoplay... I'm surprised to see this is a 3 year old thread. Are you guys listening to feedback from your customers?

Student@Home

Student@Home

We also need to hide this button. Please listen to your paying customers and at least disable the button on autoplaying embeds.

Vento Entertainment

Vento Entertainment PRO

Would certainly appreciate this feature but its quite obvious to me that it won't be happening due to their branding restrictions.

I'll be taking my service away from Vimeo in the future due to this unfortunately. This has ruined an otherwise fantastic platform for my corporate videos.. Big fat vimeo branding in the middle of my clips!

Cornucopia

Cornucopia PRO

I agree. Anyone suggest an alternative hosting platform as good as vimeo in all respects but with the ability for users to screen out ALL the branding and controls?

Chris Cubellis

Chris Cubellis Plus

I think that this is a pretty simple solution to hiding the play/pause button on autoplay/looping videos (especially for us non-pro accounts that don't have access to third-party players).

Assuming other styling is already turned off, add style="pointer-events: none;" to the embed url, and the mouse will not interact with the player.

Caveats to this solution is that the video can't be interacted with on mobile (which doesn't allow autoplaying/autolooping videos in the first place), & the center button will still initially show while the video is loading. Which is fine for our case, since the videos are below the fold.

This could also be applied through a stylesheet to affect all embeds:

iframe {
pointer-events: none
}

With an optional media query to reenable on mobile stuff (potentially better ways of doing this, I'm not a developer):

@media only screen
and (min-device-width: 0px)
and (max-device-width: 1024px)
and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2) {
iframe {
pointer-events: auto;
}
}

Hope this helps!

Link (videos at bottom, not top): portfolio.darkigloo.com/self-e-wear

<iframe style="pointer-events: none;" src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/123456789?autoplay=1&loop=1&title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="900" height="680" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
Denny Webb

Denny Webb

So you sell a product to people, then don't let them use it?
You insist on controlling the user experience on people who have paid for control over the user experience. Then, as a solution, you suggest they spend MORE money by using a 3rd party player...
Are you unable to see how absurd this line of reasoning is? With the free users... yeah... do what you want. But with pro customers who have paid specifically for a fully customizable player (as you advertise it), to then take away the option of them using their own customized player controls outside of your player (despite providing the JS API hooks for their custom controls to interact with it) is ridiculous. What's worse is how with SO MANY of your customers seeking this functionality you're still basically thumbing your nose at all of them... check your google analytics data and see how many times these topics have been hit by people looking for this. That's how many customers you've frustrated with this stubbornness.

Neil Creagh

Neil Creagh Plus

I understand that you guys (Vimeo staff) don't want people to display videos without a play button but we're not talking about people doing it willy-nilly on free accounts here, we're talking about PRO users wanting to develop their own custom hover effects / play button styles for their own embedded videos, on their own website!

I'm developing a website for my client who is a longtime PRO user. Vimeo boast that Pro users get a "Super-customizable and brandable video player”, and "Vimeo PRO members enjoy complete control over their embedded player”. I have just had to explain to them that this is not the case and if we turn off the control bar on the embedded video, a new play button appears right in the centre of the video.

I imagine that Vimeo staff wouldn't have enjoyed hearing the conversation. If you are a Vimeo staff member do you see our point?

Yes there are a couple of 'hacks' that will work - but have knock on consequences for responsive design and use of FitVids

Sr.Grunberg

Sr.Grunberg Plus

Hi
I thing you guys at vimeo are making a great work, but i hate to tell i completely agree with the idea that controls customization is frustrating when it comes to design.

Pinckney Marketing Communication

Pinckney Marketing Communication Plus

Hope this helps, cuz im sick of seeing Vimeo STAFF being a bunch THUMB-SITTERS. Take the video embed it, turn autoplay on, place it inside a div that has matching height and width. Then place another div inside that have it match your site's background and then use css to fadeOut that div that will be covering your Vimeo iframe just time it to match the ending load of the video player controls so 3.5-4 seconds should do. Bump Vimeo's intrusive play button. Demo & how to attached. Enjoy folks.

Link: visuallyhuman.com/poop-on-vimeo/index.html

Michaela

Michaela PRO

Pinckneys solution is quite the best I've seen so far. Thx!
As autoplay does often not work on mobile devices you should add some additional css for small/mobile media only: iframe {pointer-events: auto} and also set the overlay div {display:none}, so that the video can be started manually on that devices.

MembersFirst

MembersFirst Plus

The logic doesn't make sense. Vimeo says not offering the play button to users could subject them to watching something they don't want to watch... but then they say hey, if that's what you want to do, here's a 3rd party player that works with our service! Why not just give Pro users the option and cut out the middle man?

Vimeo should listen and try to understand the use cases for it, and at least COMPROMISE on a solution. Maybe only hide the play button for autoplay videos without sound (which would probably cover many of the use cases for looping backgrounds and animated buttons) or make the play button appear in the lower left corner sans play bar on mouse over only. The unyielding position Vimeo has taken on this over many years in spite the many requests from customers is troubling and out of step with developer needs as the web becomes more dynamic and animated.

f8 in motion

f8 in motion PRO

Vimeo,
You are seriously losing us with your bullshit decisions!

Martin Baars

Martin Baars

This is weird and unprofessional. One of the reasons i'm considering the use of Vimeo is because i thought there was full control possible over the players look.

But i understand that is not the case?

Miranda Webmaster

Miranda Webmaster Plus

I also upgraded to Plus to be able to embed the videos without all the vimeo clutter icons. I'm using the videos in a slide show, so the play/pause button is distracting. The initial button fades after a second or two, but then mousing over the video made it reappear. I got rid of the reappearing button by adding a blank image in a layer over the top of the video. (Using Revolution Slider)

Link: junobeachleakdetection.com/

iAnnnounce

iAnnnounce

I will cancel our Plus subscription renewal because of this. Please make clear in your marketing that Plus is not completely customisable as that's clearly a falsehood, misleading and not delivered as promised.

Zonability

Zonability PRO

This feature should really be a no-brainer.

In our scenario a person clicks a "Play Video" graphic that replaces part of our page with an autoplay video. We place an overlay over the video player so that if they click anywhere on it, the page reverts. The ONLY problem is the "pause" graphic that shows at the very beginning.

There's no practical reason not to have this customization option. Surely anyone who customizes things heavily will test the interaction to make sure it's what they want, and you can always put a warning by the option about the possible consequence of the end user not being able to pause without it being accounted for some other way.

Selfiek

Selfiek PRO

Dear Vimeo team, please please please listen to your PRO paying costumers and give the option to HIDE or REPLACE your play button when we embed videos!
Please make it happen ASAP.
Thanks You.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi there! Yes, you can change the color of the play button (on hover) in your video's embed settings, under "Always use a specific color."

epitomyze

epitomyze Plus

Hi, I am a plus customer and I don't think that the play/pause button removal detaure shoudl be reserved for Pro customers. This is pretty basic stuff and it should (frankly) be available to everyone. That said, I am a Plus customer and woudl like to have it to.

Roberta Laliberte

Roberta Laliberte PRO

I am a pro customer, I want to have a video playing on my landing page, I don't want anyone to shut it off or have any kind usage of it. I just want it to scroll with the rest of my content on my landing page. Why would I want to bother with third party players etc. I just want to edit it in my account which I pay to be able to do so and have 100% control over my video look and play options. Please please please simplify this for pro users and get rid of that if autoloop and autoplay is checked off.

Roberta Laliberte

Roberta Laliberte PRO

It is seriously annoying, if you want to have a video playing in behind website text which is like a presentation, a trailer of who you are or what your company stands for you don't want a pause button popping up in the middle of the video. With the parallax style of scrolling with text scrolling over the video you can see how it would seriously ruin the look and feel of the presentation if they happened to hover their mouse over the video and that stupid pause button comes up. Not everyone wants to have to deal with CSS and third party plugins to be able to deal with this. Please!!!! With big begging eyes!!!! You should be worrying about making your user experience better for the people paying for your service not the people viewing the videos.

Roberta Laliberte

Roberta Laliberte PRO

I just found the background experiment page, it worked perfectly and thank you! Please do just make it an option in the embed area as its not easy and exhausting reading through hundreds of comments to find the solution. Thank you!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

I'm glad to hear the background embed parameter worked well for you, Roberta!

Lucian Sound

Lucian Sound

can you guys tell us more about this? or maybe create a topic about it here that is pinned at the top?

Aaron Garcia

Aaron Garcia PRO

I will say that center button did annoy me just a bit. I'd like the option to have that button at the bottom left instead. Or even change the look of the button. Regardless, I appreciate everything the Vimeo team has done so far!

LAZI MEDIEN GBR

LAZI MEDIEN GBR PRO

Vielleicht wäre es an dieser Stelle und nach Jahren der Ignoranz seitens Vimeo gegenüber Pro-Kunden sinnvoll, gemeinsam eine Vertragskündigung anzukündigen. Falls Vimeo keinen nachvollziehbaren Grund hat, diesen Sch.. Button abschaltbar zu machen, dann wäre tatsächlich ein Wechsel des Anbieters angebracht. Ich ärgere mich ebenfalls seit Jahren über diesen PlayButton.

Zusatz: ich habe gerade gesehen, dass Vimeo einen Befehl (background=1) zum abschalten des Buttons anbietet. Habe es natürlich gleich probiert aber leider ist der Button immer noch unverändert mitten im Video. Das ist so ärgerlich und nicht nachvolziehbar.

Piers King

Piers King Plus

Well this is a thread of shame for Vimeo.

I will need a refund - it completely destroys our app experience with auto play 5 s videos. I expected to be able to turn this off as it said it was completely customisable

Piers King

Piers King Plus

I take it back - there are extra controls now. You only find these things in the forum when you give up!!

?loop=0&background=1 has made the buttons goes away and stops it looping, and saves 2 days of work

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.