Sneaky Tiki Productions

Sneaky Tiki Productions

mhprods.vcwebservices.info/work-video/

In IE8 (XP SP3), this simplifed test code will alert "undefined", but will alert the player id in other browers. We have a slider with multiple vimeo players so it's important that I get the id so I can attach click handlers to the correct player.

var vimeoPlayers = document.querySelectorAll('iframe'),
player;

for (var i = 0, length = vimeoPlayers.length; i < length; i++) {
player = vimeoPlayers[i];

$f(player).addEvent('ready', function (playerid) {
alert(playerid);
});
}

Alxemy

Alxemy

I am having the same problem, running IE8 on Vista SP2, Flash 10.2.159.1. Other browsers work. It fails in my own scripts, and when accessing the Javascript API Playground. As an attempted workaround, I hardcoded a playerid into the callback function. This circumvented the problem but revealed another. Now I get an error in a.vimeocdn.com/p/1.2.3/js/player.core.opt.js, line 51, character 149: 'Object doesn't support this property or method'. At that point in the script there's a call to api_addEventListener. I wonder if this second error is related to the first.

Alxemy

Alxemy

Hi Brad,

The first error (player_id == undefined) happens on your own playground page -- big fan of your video, btw :). See first error message below. The second error is produced by a copy of playground, with the sole modification of replacing line 220:

function ready(player_id) {

with these two lines:

function ready(player_id_dummy_var) {
var player_id = 'player_1';

[edit] See second error message below, and mars.logokepos.org/pg.htm [/edit]

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:53:22 UTC
Line: 222 Char: 21 Code: 0
URI: player.vimeo.com/playground

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDS; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:59:24 UTC
Line: 51 Char: 149 Code: 0
URI: a.vimeocdn.com/p/1.2.3/js/player.core.opt.js?58bd8

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi everyone,

We've discovered the problem and committed a fix. The update will go out early next week (we need to make sure the fix doesn't break anything else).

Alxemy

Alxemy

Thanks Brad. I still get the errors, so I take it the fix hasn't been released yet. Will there be a new version of froogaloop2.js or is it just your behind-the-scenes code that will change?

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

We still haven't pushed the fix, it should be out tomorrow. You won't need to change anything, it's an issue in the actual player code, not Froogaloop.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Fix is out! Everything should be working now. Let me know if you're still seeing errors.

Alxemy

Alxemy

Thanks Brad. It appears to be working now on my site.

But it seems that 'seekTo' calls still aren't working for me on your player.vimeo.com/playground page, though they do in my own scripts. I am testing with MSIE 8.0 on XP SP3. Clicking the seek button has no apparent effect on the video or the console.

I just mention this finding for your own interest. The fix works for my purposes.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Alxemy,

seekTo does not work in the Flash player before play is called. Also, you cannot seek to a point that hasn't been buffered yet.

Alxemy

Alxemy

Yes, I was aware of those constraints, and so did play it first and wait for it to load to the seek point (30s). But no dice.

seekTo is working in my own scripts, when tested with the same browser, so I don't know what is making the difference. Flash is up to date (10.3), I cleared the cache, and I even tried making a copy of the page and hard-coding a seekTo call.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.