lori

lori

I wanted to integrate vimeo to an iPad app. Before I proceed can anyone tell how can we play vimeo videos on iPad?

UKfilmNet

UKfilmNet Plus

Hi Brad

I am having a similar issue however your suggestion only works for PUBLIC videos.

How do users (PRO and PREMIUM) show videos JUST through the ipad app?

I am in a similar discussion with Mark (VIMEO) and its proving impossible to find a solution, when it should surely be a question you get asked every day of the week since the ipad launched?

Any help welcome

Dom

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Hi Dom,

If you want your video to show only in an iPad app, just set the privacy to hide from vimeo.com and make sure that it's embeddable everywhere.

I suppose you could also use the third-party player url if you had a PRO account. I believe that works with any privacy setting.

guebones.com

guebones.com

Is there any way to use a player like the one on the official vimeo iPhone app?
Loading a video through the web view is really slow. And the native player doesn't always come up, specially if you have a slow network connection.

bruno jennrich

bruno jennrich

when i use the uiwebview approach then it is possible to switch the video to fullscreen. but the "outer" web view doesn't scale, so the vid is big inside a small web view. thats not tolerable.

is there a native iOS play available?

bruno jennrich

bruno jennrich

i think i have a solution:

create an oversize uiwebview (controls ath the bottom, not overlaying the video)
load player inside the web view
place that webview inside a UIView (clipToBounds=true)
clip the html5-controls off

display own play, pause, fullscreen, position controls

use coreanimation an javascript injection to resize the iframe in the webview accordingly

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.