Mark

Mark Staff

Please post any questions, feedback or bugs for Vimeo PRO here. For problems, please consult the PRO FAQ first, your question may already be answered! vimeo.com/faq/pro

If you've read through the FAQ and still have questions regarding how to use your PRO account, please post in our Help Forum for fastest service. Thanks!

vimeo.com/forums/help

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi everyone! If you've already read through the PRO FAQ and still have questions regarding how to use your PRO account, please post in our Help Forum for fastest service. Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help

HANGMAN | F-STOP

HANGMAN | F-STOP

Hey guys, I just upgraded to pro but I have 2 Vimeo Plus Accounts and I upgraded the wrong one? How can I transfer to my other account? Thanks

and Vimeo Pro rocks

Martino Sabia

Martino Sabia

Hi there, same problem here :(. Too impatient to become PRO and i upgraded my personal account instead of creating a new one for my client.

Can you help me on this?

David Heron

David Heron Plus

I have done exactly the same. I was expecting to be asked to create a new account for my business, but my personal account has been upgraded and I need an invoice for my company. Please can you help me out with this. I want to create a pro account for my company and for my personal account to remains normal account.

Thanks

Kathy Wittman

Kathy Wittman

Hi, similar question. I want to leave my Vimeo plus account as is and create a new Vimeo Pro for my company. I should log out to create the pro account from scratch? I saw there was a discount to upgrade for loyal Vimeo plus users. Is that available to me in this situation? Thanks.

Caterpillar Weddings

Caterpillar Weddings

Ugh, did the same thing. I upgraded the wrong account. What do I do now? Thanks guys! Hope Sandy didn't mess up too much of the HQ.

Chris Lognion

Chris Lognion

We are about to launch a new subscription based site with 75 HD videos. Two questions... Is there a way to make the videos 'domain specific', only playing from the domain in which we set? Does your templates offer or allow updating for subscription based plans?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Chris, Yes, we offer domain level privacy. And I'm not sure what you mean about the templates allowing updating. You can make changes to any Portfolio you create at any time.

Robin Davies-Rollinson

Robin Davies-Rollinson PRO

I really like the sound of Vimeo Pro, but I don't want to leave the community and videos that I've got on Plus. Will my Plus account still be running with all my contacts, or will everything be wiped?

Ronnie Diaz

Ronnie Diaz

If I make a PRO video public, will people be able to play my vimeo videos that I posted on my facebook wall like they can do now?
And since the videos will be set to public, will they still be searchable through the vimeo search?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Ronnie, Vimeo PRO accounts that are opted into the Community Pass will be searchable on Vimeo. Your PRO videos will be playable on Facebook whether or not you've made them public on Vimeo.

Here's some more information about PRO privacy and the Community Pass.

Link: vimeo.com/faq#community_pass

TV360.TV

TV360.TV

I sent a question a few days ago about PLUS but never received a reply -- so I ask it now about PRO. Does the PRO player offer lineups. We need a player that enables us to play a lineup of videos.

TV360.TV

TV360.TV

Andrea, thanks for the reply but you did not answer my question. It appears as if portfolios are pages. I need lineups. For instance, if we had 4 training videos and wanted each to play one after the next without the user having to click... With a service like BRIGHTCOVE, the player offers the client an ability to place the 4 videos in a lineup according to the order they want each video to appear. The client can set the videos to auto play and thus, one plays after the next, OR, one can set them to stop and play, which means the user would have to click the next video in order for it to play in the lineup. I do not see from your examples any lineup feature that enables auto play. I assume the portfolios can be considered a stop and play lineup of sorts, but then again, it requires the setup of an individual page with an individual player. Am I seeing this incorrectly?
Thanks in advance.

DOCTER TWINS

DOCTER TWINS PRO

The Auto-Play feature available in services like wiredrive & simian is exactly what I am looking for in Vimeo Pro. Did you ever get an answer on this being something they were looking into? I upgraded to Pro and can tell you it is not currently available. Still very happy with Pro considering the price point, just curious if it something in the works at Vimeo?

Nicky Arthur

Nicky Arthur Plus

I too am interest in this, I currently have an account at Brightcove and their features are wonderful, especially when you need something a little more sophisticated. However the price point that Vimeo is offering is about 80% cheaper! I would like to see what lineup / multi video listing that might offer

TheSailingChannel.TV

TheSailingChannel.TV Plus

We currently have a Vimeo Plus account.

Yes, adding a playlist player and a multi playlist player (designated by tabs in the playlist) with position options to the right, bottom, and in-line (i.e., inside the player with thumbnails and text description) is a must for a pro player account. We too need to embed playlist and multi-playlist players in our web pages.

We also need seo, social network links, url link, embed code, and hotlink to a buy page. -- Most of this is available in Vimeo and Vimeo Plus, but I don't know if it's available in Pro? Where is the DOCUMENTATION? Can we expect all the tools of PLUS to be there?

See our current multi-playlist player at thesailingchannel.tv

Mike C

Mike C

Hi, I echoed the same request about a playlist player. If you search for playlist you'll see my posts. I was told in an email that we're allowed to use a 3rd party player to play videos with Vimeo Pro. I clicked the link to your site and noticed you're renting your videos on Youtube. How did you accomplish that? I don't see anywhere on Youtube where you can set that up?

Mike C

Mike C

Wistia has a fancy playlist feature (Vimeo techs, see this!) This is what we need in order to be able to effectively offer DVD titles.
wistia.com/product/playlist

conceptArchitects

conceptArchitects

Ok here is our first feature request. We would like to be able to show a customer logo on video sites instead of our profile logo.

conceptArchitects

conceptArchitects

Well yeah. But that only allows one logo for all videos, right?

What we want is to be able to upload an individual logo per uploaded video.

Video for customer A --> Logo A
Video for customer B --> Logo B

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

You can upload multiple logos and use them on different videos.

Satva Leung

Satva Leung Plus

I have a Plus account so do my videos automatically get transferred into my Pro account?

Adam B.

Adam B. Plus

I'm having the same problem as Adam Brown (from UK) except it's only affecting Safari 5.1 in the last several days.

All my show reels load and run on all versions of Firefox, Safari 4.03 , and Internet Explorer 8.0 (Windows).

Is it me? Is it you? Is it Safari?

Link: silverscreenmarine.com

Tonoloop Networks

Tonoloop Networks

I just signed up to PRO, but my account doesn't seem to have been upgraded. Do I just need to wait a bit, or... Any ideas? (btw, account history page says I'm a basis user, but lists my upgrades to PLUS and PRO)

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, It looks like your PRO account is in order. Let me know if you have any problems.

Tom McSweeney Casting

Tom McSweeney Casting

Ready to sign onto PRO, although i want to know to what extent can we customise the portfolio. Can we put place videos into specific groups and then have them appear like channels ...

I just don't want to pay the money unless i can see the full functionality of the portfolios section. I would really like some more info on the extent of using the client review section?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Thomas, We give you the ability to change the CSS on your Portfolios, so you can make them look any way you wish.

The Video Review Pages allow people to comment without signing in to Vimeo. You can also password protect the Video Review Page.

Link: vimeo.com/faq#review_page

TheSailingChannel.TV

Please provide full DOCUMENTATION for Pro so we can evaluate before transitioning. Also a "trial" period would be great. We need to get down into the weeds and work with the interface and features to be sure it right for us. That's the ONLY way to truly evaluate a VAM (Video Asset Management system) and a OVP (Online Video Platform) for business use.

We have a Vimeo Plus account, "Sailing".

Dave Budge

Dave Budge PRO

Hey guys,

Had the same problem as a couple of other people here. I have a couple of vimeo accounts and realised i upgraded the wrong one to Pro. Can I transfer, or refund and sign up again correctly.

Thanks very much

Dave

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hey Dave, Did you end up getting help with this? Please let me know if you still need a refund.

Dave Budge

Dave Budge PRO

Hey Andrea

No help received as yet. Anything you could do would be grand. Thanks

illume visuals

illume visuals

I just signed up for Pro but I'm not sure I understand the "Community Pass" concept.

I would like to be able to have "contacts" as I did with my Plus account and to comment on others' videos but it seems that in order to do this I need to enable "Community Pass".

The problem with doing this is that if I enable "Community Pass", one of the requirements is that I not upload commercial content???

thanks
Raf

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Raf, So, you're correct in that you must enable the Community Pass in order to like and comment on videos. The good news is, you can still upload commercial content, but it must not appear on Vimeo.com -- meaning, it must remain private and viewable only on either your Portfolios, Video Review Pages, or offsite embeds.

You can upload commercial content, but it is not allowed to be seen on Vimeo by the community as it's against our Guidelines.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Link: vimeo.com/faq#community_pass

chris tangey

chris tangey PRO

Still don't get this at all! If we are Pros, by definition, we make commercial product. I thought there was an exception for production companies on vimeo generally if you are simply giving examples of your work, rather than blatantly putting up a cola commercial with the purpose of selling cola! There are so many things I already don't get about Vimeo but Vimeo Pro now makes it even more confusing, Can anyone there explain this in very plain English?

raf sanchez

raf sanchez

Andrea - I'm also still confused - does this mean that I can enable Community Pass and then decide which of my videos are public on vimeo? At the moment (without Community Pass enabled) I cannot see any way to make my videos public or not on Vimeo?

Raf

TheSailingChannel.TV

We are a small production company. We provide free previews, trailers, and clips from the professional sailing videos we produce and those we distribute under agreements with our sailor/producers. On our website, we sell the long form versions of these sailing documentaries and how-to videos.

We are commercial and our free videos are designed to promote the videos we sell. Vimeo is for filmmakers and production companies. We are not amateurs, we're professional video producers and by definition, we need to sell our videos to stay in business.

Offering a Pro service is great, but don't lock us out from the professional video community that is Vimeo. If you believe it's necessary, label our brand commercial under the community pass.

We are NOT Amazon, Google, ABC, Hulu, etc. We are small and niche. We've been on Vimeo for 5 years. We've been a Plus user for at least 3. We love the Vimeo professional filmmaker community and don't want our videos "locked out" because they are "commercial".

Mike Goldin

Mike Goldin

Two bugs, a question and a feature request-

Bug 1: It doesn't seem that I can change the "primary" or "secondary" colors for the minimalist theme. They change on the settings page, but don't actually apply themselves to the portfolio.

Bug 2: My videos aren't showing the fullscreen button even though I've enabled this in the player tab. There's no conflicts with the individual video settings, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Question: Will settings applied to a portfolio always override settings applied to individual videos? How does the hierarchy work there?

Feature: It's cool that I can add videos I'm credited in to my page, but will there be a feature to note what exactly ones credit was for in a video? For example, if I edited a video and was credited for that but it wasn't mentioned in the description, people might think I was responsible for the whole thing.

If it matters, I'm running Chrome on Snow Leopard, and both are up-to-date.

I'm digging this whole thing so far though! A little buggy, but I'm confident you'll get it worked out soon. Cool stuff.

Mike Goldin

Mike Goldin

Update: Color options seem to be working now, but Bug 2 still stands!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Mike, Thanks for the update on that bug! I'll look into the fullscreen bug you're experiencing now.

We'll definitely take that feature request into consideration. I'm sharing it with the design team.

And Portfolio settings will override whatever settings you have for your individual video to keep it consistent.

Glad you're enjoying PRO!

Pagine Video

Pagine Video PRO

Hi.
In this moment I have a Plus account. If I choose the PRO account the embed codes of every video that I have in this moment remain the same or change?

And then, if in 1 year/2 years I need 100/200 GB of storage how much I will pay?

Thank you

Link: vimeo.com/paginevideo

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, the embed code will continue to function as long as you don't buy PRO for another account.

Each additional 50GB of storage will cost $199.

Pagine Video

Pagine Video PRO

Hi, and thanks for your answer. I do not see them on the video of the new portfolios.... :(... is it a mistake?

Marvin&Wayne

Marvin&Wayne PRO

Hi.
The portfolios could be password protected?
The Video Review Pages are costumizable like the portfolios?
Thank you.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, portfolio can be password protected.

No, the video review page is not customizable.

Henrik Helms

Henrik Helms

A small bug is when you want to have a "like" button on the portfolio pages in some languages the button is only half shown because the button is longer in some languages e.g. danish where "like" is "synes godt om"

Link: vimeopro.com/henrikhelms/detbruneguld

ebc Online Media

ebc Online Media

Will the page templates support any way to insert a link from the vimeo video page back to my main site? Say I set up a custom subdomain, I would like to have obvious navigation back to the main domain. Maybe use of HTML?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You cannot change our template but you can add a link back to your site in the portfolio description.

Reynolds Pest Management, Inc.

Reynolds Pest Management, Inc. PRO

I placed a link in my portfolio description and it ended up being a nofollow link. Why is the link back to the site a nofollow? I feel it should be a dofollow please.

David Barratt

David Barratt

Can you use Vimeo Pro with oEmbed? What URL would you use? If not, when will the be available? thanks!

David Barratt

David Barratt

I understand the oembed documentation, but what I am wondering is is will this work with pro? when I take the urls from the example sites, the api url just returns a 404. Can you give an example of how a pro url would work with the current oembed? (aka, a url that does not have 'vimeo.com' in it)

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

It would work the same way as the current oEmbed. It has to have vimeo.com in it, because that's where the embedded player is served from.

TheEditSource.com

TheEditSource.com PRO

I have a joomla site with a video extension that I like. How do I integrate vimeo pro?

Link: http:/

Emily Joyce

Emily Joyce

I have a Joomla site with a video platform that I hate. I would like to replace it completely with Vimeo Pro. Please let me know what you find out re: Joomla.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It means that PRO users are allowed to use our service for commercial purposes which was not allowed on vimeo in the past.

Sweet Spirit Films and Photos

Sweet Spirit Films and Photos Plus

Since I have a Plus account, but don't want to migrate my videos to the Pro, may I open up another account in addition to my current Plus account with a Pro account? I'm sure that would be acceptable, my real question is may I still get the $139.00 price for the 1st yr? I would like to try the Pro account out and see how it might fit my needs. Thank you in advance for your help Vimeo Pro folks.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hi, sorry but the $139 deal must be used on a preexisting Plus account.

Ronn Kilby

Ronn Kilby Plus

No matter which theme I select, it defaults to the first one upper left. What up with that? EDIT: Looks like this is an IE bug - doesn't happen when I use Chrome as web browser.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for reporting. We will check it out.

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

Hi Ronn, thanks for the report. We've just pushed an update that should fix your selection issues in IE so that you can change themes.

There is still a lingering issue in IE of default colors and layout settings not taking hold when you select a new theme, which is being worked on. I will let you know once that fix is in as well.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You will need to know how to edit the CSS in order to make those changes.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

PRO videos are private by default. What's the URL of the videos you are sharing with your colleague?

Bob Tabor

Bob Tabor PRO

Hi, using Plus there's a Privacy setting "Where can this video be embedded?" with the Plus option "Only on approved sites" (and the ability to set a domain name). Is this Available in Pro as well?

Bob Tabor

Bob Tabor PRO

In Pro are the embedding options exactly the same as in Plus?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

With Pro you have the option of having your logo show up instead of ours in the player for embeds.

Victoria

Victoria

hi i'm interested in pro just for video
i want to use a site called
site build it which deal in business websites for small business they deal with all the techy stuff as im not techy at all!
The problem is they can only do 3-8 min videos which wouldn't work for me i need videos for up to 30mins or more
i need the proper embedded code to place my video on the SBI SITE where it doesn't even appear to leave my site or be hosted somewhere else !
does vimeo do this ?
Or do you know of other video hosting companies that do
or can you give me info on other hosting companies

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. We do not place time limits on videos, if you can compress the video correctly it can be as long as you wish.

Victoria

Victoria

hi again thanks for reply
thats good that you don't place time limits
but i still need to know whether i can use vimeo with the company business site
CALLED SITE BUILD IT!
The SBI website company has limits of 10 meg per video file and a 100mg total for all media files on there websites
i need to employ a host that will give me the proper embedded code to place that video of pilates from vimeo to my SBI website
where it doesn't even appear to leave the site (SBI)my website or we hosted by someone else
this is really important please refer my question to someone else who knows about proper embeeded coding to other sites kind regards vicky

Jillian Terrell

Jillian Terrell

Can you have different folders of clips, and set up custom demos for prospective clients?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

You can setup as many portfolios as you'd like or you can have albums, also you can set up video review pages for clients to looks at specific work.

Tom McSweeney Casting

Tom McSweeney Casting

The other feeds say that albums is not currently available in the portfolios. I need this feature on the portfolio as the videos need to be categorised for my clients. What are these albums you are describing here?

In Case Of Fire

In Case Of Fire PRO

I'm looking for the same thing: create a portfolio that inbeds different albums...

Digimarc

Digimarc PRO

Hi there. I'm excited about your PRO offering. I went to one of the PRO demo URLs (vimeopro.com/yourcompany/linen) on my iPhone and all the videos said "No Mobile Version" and indicated the PLUS offering.

Will PRO offer automatic mobile versions like PLUS does?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, That was an oversight on our part -- we forgot to make mobile versions of those videos. If you visit that url again, you'll see that the videos are viewable.

PRO membersl have automatic mobile versions like Plus members. That was a special case as it was our test account.

Jesse Smith

Jesse Smith

I'm completely sold except for one thing: can I change the title link in embedded videos so it goes back to our site instead of Vimeo?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, That's not something we have planned at this time, but it's a good idea and I'll be sure to add it to our feature request list!

Jesse Smith

Jesse Smith

Bear with me, I have yet to see a PRO offsite embed, so I'm still unclear: if a PRO video is embedded offsite, say some random blog, and we *don't* have or want a portfolio, where does the title link go to? Somewhere on the vimeopro.com domain?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

We've added this feature now. You can specify where the logo links to when users click it.

Jesse Smith

Jesse Smith

Awesome, thank you.
Not to be obstinate on this point, but as I have yet to see a random offsite PRO embed, and I don't have access to the PRO settings, I'm still wondering where the title links to, or if _that_ link can be changed...?
(Also, is the logo link setting per video, or account-wide?)

Kevin McGowan

Kevin McGowan

I am a photographer / videographer and Pro looks like a great way to showcase my videos. But is there a way that I can display my photos as well? Also, can I create additional sections like a normal website such as, "About me" "Contact" "Location" etc.... ? Thanks!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Kevin, We don't have plans to add photo support at the moment. I'll add it to the feature request list, though!

Jens Krautscheid

Jens Krautscheid Plus

As a Plus-User. If I switch to Pro with the 139$ offer: What happens to the Plus part? Is it switched off immedialtelly? I embedded quite a lot out there....

Zachary Nischan Shields

Zachary Nischan Shields PRO

Is there a way to create albums on a Portfolio page using my new Pro account? So, if I have a website that features Docs, Weddings, Shorts and Commercials, can I separate these out or would I need to create a separate portfolio if I didn't want them all on the same page?

Seems like PRO should have more customization options???

Link: vimeopro.com/nischanpictures/zachary-nischan-shields

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Zachary, Currently there's not a way to create albums on a Portfolio. So right now, you'd need to create separate Portfolios. However, albums is a great idea! I'll add it to the feature request list.

Zachary Nischan Shields

Zachary Nischan Shields PRO

That would be fantastic!!! Honestly, if I could sort my videos into albums in one Portfolio and have an About Me section I'd never need anything else.

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

Even to be able to turn a current Album into a Portfolio. Hard to organize videos, and they are in a strange order on the select videos for your portfolio.

ARTBREAKERZ

ARTBREAKERZ PRO

I totaly agree with Zachary for albums in one portefolio and About me (us) section ... You cannot mix all your videos in the same portefolio or send 3 portefolios to one customer ;)

In Case Of Fire

In Case Of Fire PRO

Same here!! I'm looking for the possibility to have different albums (for us that would be with different directors) in one portfolio (our company)!
So put my vote down for this on te request list ;)

Wood Producciones

Wood Producciones PRO

This is urgently needed please add this option soon, we need to create albums by year. Thanks!

Idaho Bob

Idaho Bob

Completely second this! What I really want are albums in portfolios so I can use Vimeo Pro to it's full advantage.

Matt O'Donnell

Matt O'Donnell Plus

What is the status of integrating albums on portfolios? It'd be very useful to be able to group videos into subcategories on a portfolio.

Specialized Service Videos

Specialized Service Videos PRO

You can add a custom domain to a portfolio, but it looks like the custom domain can only point to one portfolio at a time?

In Basic Info > Portfolio URL, you can use the Default setting and enter any text in the field; the URL becomes vimeo.com/examplesite/stuff.

However, if I select Custom and enter my custom domain, I can't put custom text after a 'slash'. Entering the same custom domain displays a 'Domain already used on another portfolio' message.

Is this a Vimeo limitation or CNAME/A-name limitation? Would I have to create a new custom domain for each Portfolio?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Yes, custom domains are designed to point to one portfolio, not be a base URL for all your portfolies.

Zacuto

Zacuto PRO

Bug?: When privacy settings are used to set a password on a portfolio, and you go to customize the appearance of the portfolio and click on the "preview" button. The preview prompts for a password, after entering the password you get:

Unauthorized
Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again.

I'm using chrome on OSX (Snow Leopard)
-Scott Lynch

John

John

Same Issue with the password protection.
John.

Terence Beal

Terence Beal Plus

Same bad issue here.
Hope this bug will be arrange as soon as possible.

Tom McSweeney Casting

Tom McSweeney Casting

Me too!

We can't have this our clients can't access our videos. They are angry

Zacuto

Zacuto PRO

When I try to customize the arrangement of videos in a portfolio, I'm having issues with my videos being on two separate pages within the "arrange" screen. I've got 38 videos in a single portfolio, but I'm unable to move the position of a video from page 1 to page 2 within the "arrange" screen. For example I'm unable to move a video in position "30" on page 1 to position "31" on page 2 and vice versa.

-Scott

Zacuto

Zacuto PRO

I was just thinking that perhaps it would be possible to keep all your videos on one page and to have the option change the position number like you can with a netflix queue. That would be useful when dealing with a lot of videos and when you need to do a lot of rearranging.
-Scott

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hey Steve. Nice catch. We will try to address this quickly.

John

John

I have successfully set up my portfolio and can see the videos as pictures. But they don't play? The themes with a player in them work. Themes with pictures that represent videos don't bring up a video?

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

Which browser are you noticing this in? Themes that only have a grid of thumbnails should be taking you to a separate video page, which is loading for me when I go to your portfolio.

John

John

Safari 5.06

Michael Dz

Michael Dz

a friend added me as a contact but he's not listed as one on my page. I also can not see his page. What gives?

Link: vimeo.com/user7961772

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. Any videos added to a public portfolio is public. It was designed this way so you can add any videos you have, regardless of their privacy, without changing their video privacy settings.

The Post Project

The Post Project PRO

Hi, great work on VimeoPro. its a lifesaver. I have a portfolio setup already, and have directed my domain name to point at my portfolio. So far, so good.

The only issue is that now when I promote that via facebook, the link shows up as 'Vimeo Pro' instead of as 'The Post Project'. Any clues?

Link: thepostproject.com

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for letting us know. We will see if we can improve this.

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

This issue should now be resolved. However, you (and others) may notice that your portfolios are still showing up as "Vimeo PRO" when people like it. This is a caching issue on Facebook's end.

Usually this corrects itself within 24 hours, but you can also enter your URL into their URL Linter utility which seems to refresh their cache: developers.facebook.com/tools/lint

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

• Any video uploaded to vimeo can only be accessed from that one URL. Are you asking if you can upload one video to two different accounts at the same time? If so, the answer is no.

• Can you clarify? "Add other domains" to what?

• You can only resize the players when when it's embedded.

• We hope to add more customization options to portfolio in the future, but I don't think it will ever be a full content management system.

Wardour

Wardour PRO

All my videos are set to Private automatically, I can't see a setting on the Privacy page to change this?

Also, I can only access my 'profile' page when im logged in: ie vimeo.com/wardour

Link: vimeo.com/wardour

RallyTV

RallyTV PRO

I don't understand if our Videos in Plus Account, remain in my account when I'll buy PRO... can you help me?

Andrew Barraclough

Andrew Barraclough

Are mobile videos delivered based on mobile detection? ie will they deliver the correct format/resolution based on the device itself?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, we serve mobile version of the video based on the user agent of the device.

Jonathan Weitz

Jonathan Weitz PRO

There needs to be a way to add more than one custom URL to a portfolio, listing the url with and without the ""; prefix. This ensure that if a web user types in your website url with or without the ""; prefix, it takes them to the same place.

Right now, if a user types in the opposite of what you choose they are brought to a Vimeo Pro landing page. Not very good for business.

To see what I mean, visit my website with and without the ""; prefix:

weitzstudios.com
(www.)weitzstudios.com

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi Jonathan. Can you check your registrar settings to make sure you are using the A-record (rather than C-record) in your custom domain set up.

Jonathan Weitz

Jonathan Weitz PRO

Hi Soxiam,

I changed two settings in my Go Daddy DNS Manager.

In the A(Host) zone, I have the "Host" section set to the "@" symbol. I have the "Points to" section set to 72.167.232.41

In the CNAME (Alias) zone, I have changed the "Points to" section to "vimeopro.com" in the "www" portion.

Jonathan Weitz

Jonathan Weitz PRO

Sorry, the "Points to" in A is set to 74.113.233.155

I wish I could upload a screen shot.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hey Jonathan. It looks like your A-record is forwarding correctly because I can see both weitzstudios.com/ and weitzstudios.com are redirecting to vimeopro.com right now. If you go to your portfolio settings page and set up the custom domain to be weitzstudios.com, I think it should work now.

Jackson Latka

Jackson Latka

Is it possible that a web application could allow its users to upload video files to one master Vimeo Pro account via Vimeo's API?

And are all the video files backed up and downloadable while Vimeo Pro subscription is active?

Henrik Helms

Henrik Helms

Why is it not possible to have your logo superimposed on the movie in the portefolio like you can do it when you want to embed the movie?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Since you can upload a logo to appear on the Portfolio itself, we figured people wouldn't need to have the logo on every video as well. We see the Porfolio as enough of a chance to brand your content. Your logo will appear on embedded videos outside of the Portfolio because it's not being viewed within the context of your branded Portfolio.

Digital FX

Digital FX PRO

Is there anyway to use custom URLs for review links? I'd prefer my clients to something like client.digitalfx.tv/... instead of vimeo.com/digitalfx/... when I send them the links.

Also, I'd love support for customizing the review page like the portfolio page.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, Right now there isn't a way to customize the Video Review Page link or look. Although I think both are good ideas, I have a feeling we won't be allowing customization of the Video Review Pages anytime soon. I agree that customizing the URLs of the Review Pages would be cool. I'll pass that request on.

George

George

Hi, does Vimeo Pro use Bitgravity to deliver content too? Is it http:? And lastly I'm assuming there are no ads or overlays at all correct? Thanks! George

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi George, Vimeo uses Akamai. It is http:. And with PRO there are no ads on any PRO pages, and we do not overlay ads on any Vimeo videos.

J BOND CINEMA

J BOND CINEMA PRO

One thing missing: the ability to add links. or at least just links to other portfolios. or am i missing something? THX!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Justin, Do you mean the ability to add a link to your Portfolio? You could probably add links in the description of your Portfolio. Does that help?

J BOND CINEMA

J BOND CINEMA PRO

that's a good idea. yes, it would be nice to either categorize the videos within the portfolio OR create the different portfolios but add links so potential clients can navigate to a category. AND also i think you'll find people will need to link back to home pages or whatever... THANKS!

Jim Meegan

Jim Meegan

Hello, I have built a portfolio for a client that contains their company videos. I would like them to be able to get the embed code off these videos, but do not see this option. Am I missing something?

Link: vimeopro.com/jimmeegan/topaz-international

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, You'll have to send your client the embed code for the video, and then allow that specific domain in the privacy tab in that video.

Your client's videos won't have public embed code options because the videos are private by default because they can't appear on Vimeo.com.

Does that help or make sense?

Jim Meegan

Jim Meegan

Yes, it makes technical sense... not sure about logical sense. Perhaps you guys can work out a way to remove the inherent handcuffing there is between vimeo.com and embedding commercial content via a portfolio. It seems really silly that clients can't get an embed code directly themselves. Thanks for your answer though.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

I have to retract one of the things I said above. You don't actually have to allow their domain to embed the video. PRO sets your video to be automatically hidden from Vimeo.com, but available to embed anywhere.

I definitely hear what you're saying and I'll ask about allowing the embed code to be added to the video player on Portfolios.

Jim Meegan

Jim Meegan

Thanks Andrea. Yes, it would be a huge time-saver to be able to allow people viewing portfolios the ability to access embed codes... especially since they can't see the videos on vimeo.com. Because what it means I have to send it to them myself, which I don't want to have to do.

snowdotcom

snowdotcom

I'm interested in learning more about Pro and possibly purchasing. My biggest question is:

1)If we currently use a video solution that host 1000's of videos, how do we import all of those videos & links into Pro without losing everything?

2) Are there bandwidth limitations?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi, Not sure what you mean by losing anything in your first question. You'll have to upload all those videos to Vimeo and if they're embedded somewhere, you'll need to change those embed codes.

And the limitations are on embedded Plays. Read more in our PRO FAQ: vimeo.com/faq/pro

snowdotcom

snowdotcom

Oh, I was just talking about possibly losing any SEO value associated with all of the videos that have been living on the site.

Mike Eisenberg

Mike Eisenberg Plus

I think I've made a mistake in "upgrading" to Vimeo Pro. Can I go back to my Vimeo Plus account?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Hi Mike, We aren't calling it an upgrade because it's technically a different service. PRO is a service designed for businesses. Plus is a service designed for individuals. You can send an email to subscriptions@vimeo.com for a refund.

Comediva

Comediva

Hi Team Vimeo,

Loving Pro!

Feature request: Ability to add pre-roll/post-roll bumper videos (rather than having to edit them in).

Love,
Comediva

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Sorry, we won't be adding this. However you could use a 3rd party player.

ale odriozola

ale odriozola

hi. we are considering getting vimeo pro. we currently use wiredrive to upload videos for presentation purposes. can we create presentations in vimeo pro? in this case a presentation would be a page (link) with multiple videos that a client could look at and review. thanks!

Emily Joyce

Emily Joyce

I'm interested in possibly using Vimeo Pro to replace a video platform already part of our established site. Is this platform fully embeddable into a site that already exists? I see the portfolio pages you offer but I'm wondering if these layouts can be embedded as well and how they might integrate with a CMS? Do you have any examples? Thanks!

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

Hi Emily, We've seen a few people embedding their portfolios using iframes (and normal frames), but this is not a method which we can guarantee support for.

As for integration with a CMS, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but all videos must be uploaded through our site or through our API (vimeo.com/api)

Once those videos are within your account, we do give you direct access to those video files, which could be a possible point of integration with your system (our API could also assist your needs in that regard).

Graham

Graham PRO

With PRO, can we set a video to loop within the video settings so it will loop for ALL of our viewers? or must the viewer right click to select "Turn Loop On"?

Graham

Graham PRO

I just found my answer...

loop=1

Thanks!

very natural

very natural PRO

Trying to figure this out myself - where did you find the option to set the Loop in the video settings?

Alexander Berberich

Alexander Berberich Plus

I am interested in upgrading to Vimeo Pro...I already have a website, and I am not at all tech savvy when it comes to website stuff. What sort of information will I need to replace my current website with one of the Vimeo Pro portfolios?

Storyvalues

Storyvalues Plus

Suddenly my videos are not showing up on my websites. Plus... I cannot even log into my account from the vimeo.com site. Had to go to secure.vimeo.com. Also I cannot preview the video I just uploaded in the 'embed' section. There is a 'lock' symbol next to my account name. Please INFORM as to what is going on with my account.

Link: storyvalues.com

Wireframe Pictures

Wireframe Pictures

I think you should find a way to put the 'embedding preferences' not too far from 'player preferences' and 'logo preferences'.

FCTRS

FCTRS Plus

Is it possible to make chapter points in the videos and have a custom player to seek to those points with Vimeo Pro?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but no. Our player does not support chapter points at this time.

barcodemag

barcodemag

Hello, i am stucked trying to use my own player. For what i see a need to change the thre formats (HD,Standard, Mobile) in every video. But the reference url that appears already includes the video file. Can you please be more specific in terms of how to write down your player URL to work with the corresponding video.

Thaks for any help

NuData Security

NuData Security PRO

Hi there, I signed up for the Pro account. Can you cancel the remainder of our Plus account and reimburse us the amount?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If you switched from Plus to PRO then you should've qualified for the discounted price at the time of purchase. If not, Plus account comes with refund period. vimeo.com/faq#refund

Outlaw Laboratories

Outlaw Laboratories PRO

I'm considering switching from PLUS to PRO account. I've got 50+ videos posted on my PLUS account. if i switch, do my URLS all stay the same?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, the URLs will stay the same. But I urge you to read the differences between Plus vs. PRO very carefully since they are fundamentally very different account types with very different terms. vimeo.com/blog:430

L'Allure des Mots

L'Allure des Mots

PRO seems like a great option. Just signed up! I have a question about charging for access of PRO videos. In the FAQ it says you can charge people to access your Vimeo PRO videos that are embedded on your personal website. Is that an option somewhere within the Vimeo settings that I'm missing somewhere?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

That is more in reference to whether it's allowed by PRO terms of service to charge people on your web site if you choose to do so. Our embedded player does not come with a tool that enables you to do that.

Ryan Irelan

Ryan Irelan

To follow up on Sam's request about charging for access.

Are the private videos, when embedded, secure so someone cannot figure out the location of the video? Silly question, perhaps, but want to clarify.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If someone looks up the embed code, they will be able to trace back the vimeo URL for the video. Of course, the video will not be accessible on vimeo.com if you made it private.

Ryan Irelan

Ryan Irelan

Perfect, thank you (for the evening hours response)!!

Mike C

Mike C

If I'm charging someone to view a vimeo pro video on my website, i.e. they pay for the video in a shopping cart and after they pay, they are taken to the page for viewing. Will that customer be able to share the URL? What methods are available for preventing someone from simply sharing the URL with someone else? I really really want Vimeo Pro to be the solution for the commercial site I need to create in the coming months!! Ryan, are you setting up a similar type of site?

Strong Films

Strong Films Plus

I saw that you can have people pay to watch films that we post.

Is there anyway to also just have a "donate" thing, so they don't HAVE to pay, but can if they want?

Yaya

Yaya

Hi, I've just upgraded to a plus account and am not able to view an embedded version of my video on a mobile device. I've selected the mobile version option, the video would play on the Vimeo website from my mobile though not as an embedded video on my site - instead, I can only see the thumbnail and the load symbol is looping. The embedded video on my site plays fine from a computer BTW. Was using a Blackberry Torch for the test.

Thanks,
Yaya

Link: vimeo.com/27250399

Edison Light Globes

Edison Light Globes PRO

I have updated to PRO and set up a Portfolio, altered the CSS and pointed a domain to that Portfolio Page. All brilliant.
My problem is that on two separate machines now exported out of iMovie or FCX we are getting an error stating Vimeo upload limit of 500 MB has be reached and so upload ceases.
The job we are working on has new video content and needs to be up either way soon. So regardless of the Pro account Portfolio Page we are stuck with YouTube at the moment.

Link: headsinthecloud.tv

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Would you mind trying uploading via our upload page?

Edison Light Globes

Edison Light Globes PRO

Nope, still gives me the error message in an iMovie Error box,

"Projects posted to Vimeo must be smaller than 500 MB. Please shorten your project before posting to Vimeo"

Emily Joyce

Emily Joyce

thanks for including the link, I was interested to see the platform incorporated into a site. Looks great!

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Yeah this is a bug on Apple's end. They're aware of it so hopefully it is resolved in a future version of iMovie and FCX.

B&B

B&B Plus

Bonjour

je cherche à faire un lien d'un portofolio vers le site ci dessous hébergé chez OVH
merci

Link: bracot.com

XPERIENCE FACTORY

XPERIENCE FACTORY PRO

Loving the pro... Thanks Vimeo.

Can you explain why the bottom right corner of my vimeo player has a thin black line surrounding the bottom half of the player. If you play the first master video you will see. Link attached. Thanks for you help.

Also where are the controls to "brand" a player beyond customizing the buttons. Thank You.

Link: vimeopro.com/myworldmylife/xperiencefactory

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

It looks like a scaling issue on our end. We will look into this for you!

Joe Jones, Archipelago.co.uk

Joe Jones, Archipelago.co.uk PRO

I have a PRO account. Is it possible to customise the text that is displayed to someone who isn't authorised to embed a private video? Currently it says "sorry, the creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain".

If not, is it possible to set an alternative placeholder anywhere that displays when a domain isn't authorised.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry for being late getting back to you. That messaging is not customizable at this time.

Assembly Wales / Cynulliad Cymru

Assembly Wales / Cynulliad Cymru

Interested in the PRO account but slightly concerned about the storage and embed player limits. (We're aware that we can pay for more) If it didn't work out for us on a PRO account, could we switch back to a PLUS account and not lose any videos that have been uploaded? Thanks.

Aloke Thakore

Aloke Thakore

We are planning to get the Pro Service for our website. Is there a way in which we can integrate Ads so that the Ad data can be monitored for advertisers.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

You could use a 3rd party player for this. Our player does not support ad serving.

Absolute Video

Absolute Video PRO

How do I upgrade from my plus account to pro? My account for plus just renewed today.

David Long

David Long

I just bought the plus service and cannot upload my video. I want to cancell the service since it doesn't seem to help. I can find no way to any real techsupport. Please send me information on how to get support or cancell. FraterDavid@cox.net

Adrian Larkin

Adrian Larkin PRO

hi I want to create 2 different pages for different work (2 different titles/portfolio styles) can i do this with 1 pro membership, or does this require 2 memberships?

Thanks

Robert Moggach

Robert Moggach PRO

This seems like it could compete with existing review and approval type websites.

Are you offering any email tracking features so we could track whether or not a video has been played by a client, how many times, etc.?

Also, are we able to create multiple private pages with different access permissions for different clients?

Is it possible to showcase a selection of clips that automatically play end to end in a predefined and customizable order?

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

PRO accounts offer the same video statistics that we offer with our Plus accounts: vimeo.com/stats

Portfolios can be password protected individually to show to different clients.

There is currently no option to auto play videos in portfolios, but you can customize the order that your videos appear.

Robert Moggach

Robert Moggach PRO

Stats are fine. What about individual tracking? ie. I 'share' a video with 5 people and they each get a custom URL that tracks their individual viewing of the link and email reporting of these click-thrus...

eg. [Big Potential Client A] has viewed your show reel for (the first time | 5 times today | never in the last month).

OR... is you api open enough so i could add my own additional links for one video and track those with a cron job or something?

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

We do offer integration with Google Analytics, so I would think that it is possible (by linking to a portfolio with your own custom query parameters which are then reported back to you), but it is not a direct part of the service.

Reuben Evans

Reuben Evans

I saw that you can put a watermark on the video of our company. Is that corner able to be a link to my website?

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Yes, and the LINK is video specific.
Go to the Video Settings page.
Go to EMBEDDING
At the bottom of the EVERYTHING ELSE options, you can add in a link for that video.

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Been using Pro for a day now , very happy so far!

Issue 1.
I have a PNG file uploaded for the logo and it is working good except when the video is set to AUTOPLAY. When the video starts, and the Vimeo tools disperser, the logo does not - even though I have "Always Display" turned off. The only way to get it to vanish, is to mouse-over the video and back out again. When the Vimeo tools disperser a second time, then the logo dispersers as well.

Link: harmels.com/html/fishing.html

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Is there a way that I can have my IP address excluded form the Embedded Counts? I spend a lot of time editing and updating my site and I don't want my development traffic counting against my totals.

Thanks,
Chris

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

As long as you are logged in, plays by video owners are not counted.

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Actually I was speaking of views form the website from which the video is embeded.

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

So you guys give us a way to hide the video form Vimeo, this works great, well until you add the video to a Portfolio.

I need a way to hide a Portfolio form Vimeo as well?

Please advise.

Chris

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

I guess what I am asking is to disable/hide the Portfolios link/button on the top of the Profile page.

If you go to vimeo.com/ilgm you'll get my account and you'll see that there are 5 portfolios - even though the videos in 4 of them are set to hide form Vimeo.

I don't want ANY portfolio available UNLESS the visitor has a direct link/URL.

Link: vimeo.com/ilgm

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Ran into another issue with the Logos.
I have two uploaded a WHITE version and a BLACK version for different types of videos.

I can select one or the other, but which ever one I select (form the video embed options) that newly selected version becomes the default for all videos. Even if they are assigned different Presets?

Please advise

Lumerit Education

Lumerit Education PRO

I recently upgraded to a Pro account from a Plus account and noticed a few strange things:

1.) Every video I upload is set to Public by default.
2.) There is no Status tab under Account Settings to edit the community pass option.
3.) There is no longer a global option to "Hide all videos from Vimeo" under Settings > Preferences.

What might be causing these things?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

It's because you upgraded from Plus so whatever you had set there became stuck as the default. We just added that preference section back in for Pro users so you should be able to go and edit the global settings again just like you could when you were Plus.

Lumerit Education

Lumerit Education PRO

ok, I still don't see the global option to hide all videos from Vimeo under preferences.

Also, is there a way you can force all videos to be hidden from Vimeo, but still keep those videos in the albums I created? We need every video to be private on our account (hidden from Vimeo), but would still like to keep those videos in their albums.

Dingo Bill Productions

Dingo Bill Productions PRO

I can't see this Option either - having upgraded from Plus - only the option to make ALL of my videos private - can you define where I can set it so that everything I upload, from now, is default to hidden? Thanks.

Facility Solutions Group

Facility Solutions Group PRO

What options are available to play the video through third party players? is it an mp4 link? Can I link to the videos from my private ROKU page or something like that?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Yes they're direct video file links to HD, SD and mobile versions. 99.9% of the time they're MP4. Most of the stats continue to work as well (plays, loads, geo location, everything except finishes I believe).

Michael Matthew

Michael Matthew

Is the Simple API and Advanced API available for Vimeo PRO?

If so, are there any differences?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

It's the same API. The only difference is PRO users have to have the Community Pass enabled for most of the functionality to work. It mirrors what you can do on site basically.

Brent Hardinge

Brent Hardinge

With a PRO account, can you make the source downloadable like you can with the regular and Plus accounts?

Joska Hajdu

Joska Hajdu

My video uploaded 99% then crashed. How can I prevent this from happening again?

Scott Whitman

Scott Whitman PRO

I just signed up for PRO. Think it could be just what we've been looking for. However...
I was hoping to use the Portfolio page like a custom "Light Box" for each client -- a place to display a collection of clips AND give them access to DOWNLOAD files directly from the Portfolio... or at least have an option to provide a link to the Review page of each video from the Portfolio page so they could download there. As I see it, the only means to provide clients download access is to send a separate Review page link for every clip. Is there a work-around? If not, we're missing a critical function for our needs. Thanks!

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

No I think you've described the only way to do it for now. We don't have download links as an option for Portfolios.

Scott Whitman

Scott Whitman PRO

Ok, thanks. As a work-around, I copied the Review Page link for each video into its description field. So the link appears on the view page of the portfolio for each video. It's a few extra steps, but I think it should work.
I suggest you consider adding a download button as one of the optional settings for the portfolio on future versions.

Jonathan Weitz

Jonathan Weitz PRO

I have a portfolio setup with a custom URL.

When I click play on a video, and I move my house around the screen, the pointer on the screen disappears if I hover back onto the video.

Is this just my computer? I'm running a new iMac with OS Lion.

Link: weitzstudios.com

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Hm I haven't noticed that happening and I'm running pretty much the same setup as you. Does it happen with all Vimeo videos?

Imagine Film Company

Imagine Film Company Plus

I'm wondering if Pro will count Loads as Plays? Not sure how they are separated. What counts as a Play in Vimeo Pro vs just a Load? Thanks

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

A load is the total number of times the video player loads.

A play is the total number of times the play button is pushed (except in the case in which you have set an autoplay flag).

XPERIENCE FACTORY

XPERIENCE FACTORY PRO

Hi Vimeo ... the thin black line surrounding the bottom half of the pro player was not there in my plus player ?. If you play my the first master video you will see the thin black line at the outer edge of frame. Link attached.

The little thin boarder is driving me nuts. Cheers...

Thanks for you help.

Link: vimeopro.com/myworldmylife/xperiencefactory

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

Hi Mark, We pushed out an update to our Flash player this week. This issue should be resolved for you now. Thanks for being patient!

THECOMPOSERS.tv

THECOMPOSERS.tv Plus

Can you tell me where it says -

"Although you can get a refund if you do not like Vimeo Pro - by trying out Vimeo Pro and realising you do not want / need it you will lose absolutely everything you have stored on your PLUS account"

I feel totally hoodwinked into this and blackmailed to carry on paying for a PRO account or I will lose everything on Vimeo. Vimeo pls explain why this was over looked. Unlike Behance were you try before you buy so therefore not being forced to carry on with an expensive service that is not for you. REALLY upset about this.

Video2web

Video2web PRO

Hi. I've successfully added a custom logo to appear in the player (under the Embedding section of Settings) and now want to delete this initial logo and add a new transparent PNG version. Looked all over but cannot see how to delete the current one and upload a new one. Anyone else managed to do this?

I'm using Safari 5.1 on Mac OSX 10.6.8

Chris Sgaraglino

Chris Sgaraglino PRO

Go to ME > Settings > Player Logo
Upload the new logo
Click the X on the old one.

Niko Hendrickx

Niko Hendrickx Plus

Hi, I've created a portfolio. I was testing out if it plays the video in the portfolio on my mobile device. I can play the video on the mobile version of vimeo and I can play it on the website of vimeo. But when I open the video in my portfolio it does not play the video?! Did I do something wrong?

CNEX

CNEX

I am uploading a film. 1280x720, 5000Kpbs. But it can't even start, keeps telling "Problems uploading". I used successfully uploading some non-HD film. What should I do with the HD file?

Terence Beal

Terence Beal Plus

Hi,
I've made a portfolio test with a password protected.
But, when I copy-paste this one, or enter it manually, it only makes appear a hand page with this text:
"Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again."
I'm currently using "Chrome" on OSX Lion and same with Safari.

Password protect is a feature I do need for my clients.

Any idea ?

The portfolio is here:

Link: vimeopro.com/terencebeal/bealbrothers

Janolof Fritze

Janolof Fritze PRO

I recently upgraded to a Pro account from a Plus account and noticed a few strange things: 1.) Every video I upload is set to Public by default. 2.) There is no Status tab under Account Settings to edit the community pass option.

Link: vimeopro.com/big5

Bhakti Marga Sadhana

Bhakti Marga Sadhana Plus

Vimeo Pro sounds great! Thanks guys. But will it allow the use of your cool widgets like Hubnut with the privacy settings (like only allow is certain domains, or password protected videos)?

Thanks!

Scott y Robinson

Scott y Robinson

I was wondering if I can turn off my community pass in Vimeo Pro should I want to add commercial videos at some point?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

No need to turn it off-- we just ask you keep those video private by setting them to "Hide from vimeo.com". You can still embed them elsewhere.

Filmic Productions

Filmic Productions PRO

Purchases a PRO account, and everything has been working great! Except today my background porfolio image isn't registering. Its uploading fine but not displaying in any browsers... help!

Link: filmicproductions.com

Craig Campbell

Craig Campbell Staff

Thanks for pointing this out. This is indeed a bug. I will try to get to it as soon as I can.

BLUECANARIO FILMS

BLUECANARIO FILMS

Hi there. I just upgraded to PRO and I would like to know if the old videos will be automatic transformed to HD or will I have to upload them again?

DOCTER TWINS

DOCTER TWINS PRO

Pro is fantastic! Thanks Vimeo. Would love an auto play feature that played the entire portfolio in succession w/o having to load each video. I can ask can't I... :)

Please advise... I've read all the postings and guidelines but still for the life of me cannot find the "community pass" anywhere.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

chris tangey

chris tangey PRO

Same here, it says it's under your "status tab" but I can't find that anywhere either!

chris tangey

chris tangey PRO

I hate to be negative, and applaud your efforts to get vimeo pro up, but it in many ways to me portfolio feels like a Beta product that I'm now paying $200 a year for. Coming from a mac background for 12 years I guess I am spoilt and expect intuitive and feature rich, but I think even dedicated Windows users will find this disappointing.

I can't begin to list the issues but let's try a few:

1. The fonts offered are both incredibly sparse (8 only) and in graphics terms old-fashioned and amateur looking. You can't add drop shadow or change the font size, and if you are so annoyed with the font that you want to leave out the portfolio title altogether it won't let you.

2. Half the time the fonts you select aren't the ones delivered (yes I click "save changes" each time)
On top of that some themes (all?) don't allow changing from upper case to lower case, vice versa, or a combination of both. No I do not know CSS, nor should I have to.

3.When I try to put in a custom background image it tiles it automatically, and won't do anything else. it makes no difference whether I click 'tile background'
or not.

I hope you can sort these out and understand that the new arena you have entered is fundamentally different to where you started from. You are now dealing with the public image of Visual media pro companies , in our business that is everything, it is how we present ourselves and our work to the world. We need to be able to tweak that image finely, not with the broad brush stuff vimeo pro offers at present. I'm sure in 6 months from now I'll be congratulating you on a superb service, but not right now.

Another hard reality is the disclaimer you have at the top left of the page on "community staff".
"We're just volunteers" etc. "we're a bit tired" just won't wash with pro users anymore, we are paying good money and expect good service, you can't half run a business, and half not, and running a business
is indeed what you are now doing with vimeo pro.
I would even question if it is fair to community staff
to be dealing with this new service, I think it needs dedicated staff with a business, not community focus.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Thanks for the input, we've got big plans for Portfolios so hopefully soon it'll be able to do whatever you wish. We'll look into #3.

Which "community staff" page are you referring to?

AAS Moscow

AAS Moscow PRO

Hi there,

Just created some tutorials, put them into an album and wanted to share them with all (they are password protected). If I copy the link of the album and past in the browser, I get "Sorry, no videos found". What am I doing wrong?

Link: vimeo.com/album/1641223

Mike C

Mike C

Hello, I just read a press release about your new Pro service. The timing couldn't be better as I've just begun my search for a service provider for a new project. I sell a catalog of 30 tangible DVDs and as you know, the trend is moving away from tangible DVDs to online viewing. Would I be able to use Vimeo Pro in order to sell these digital streaming DVDs as products in a shopping cart?

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Yes you could host those videos on Vimeo PRO. We don't offer any cart or pay to play services however.

Mike C

Mike C

Hi Andrew, many thanks for the reply. Perhaps Vimeo can be the solution for me.. May I speak with someone from your team on the phone on Monday to discuss this further?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Hi Mike, sorry we don't really offer a sales or support phone number. All the info we have available is on the site itself.

Mike C

Mike C

Hmm that might be a problem, maybe not though.. Does Vimeo use a CDN? Are there any security measures to protect streams from being downloaded (I know 100% protection isn't possible of course)

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

We use Akamai, we have security measures in place but yup 100% isn't possible.

Mike C

Mike C

Might you have any other customers who are going to use Pro to sell streaming commercial video products?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

That's really up to them. I'm sure we will or may already have them, sorry I can't check on that it's not something I can peruse through in a timely fashion.

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

No, the player does not currently have a playlist system like that.

Mike C

Mike C

If no playlist scroller, or similar to the link, how would I present a multi-chapter "DVD" for viewing? The only logical way I can think of is to show each chapter in order in a playlist where the video immediately loads in the same player. Keep in mind that these videos will be products for purchase. I'd definitely need a solution to the playlist/chapters issue before moving forward.

Mike C

Mike C

For the price of this service, I would even hire a Vimeo developer to create a playlist style player and I'm sure other Pro users would benefit from it too...

Niggemann

Niggemann PRO

I tried to globally set privacy for vimeopro to "hide this video from vimeo.com" This option is not existing or I can not find it. What do I do wrong?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

That option is not available for Pro members to discourage potential community pass violations.

EJEA TB

EJEA TB PRO

Hello, my account plus I can do many different channels, how many different pages could do with the PRO account

gatadmin

gatadmin PRO

I am new to vimeo. I have purchased PRO for evaluation. I also enabled Community Pass to look at the 'like' feature. Two questions: (1) it seems that the 'like' feature brings with it vimeo branding. [when a viewer uses 'like' it asks them if they want a vimeo account.] Since one of the benefits of vimeo PRO is the lack of branding this is not desired. Can there be a 'like' (and a comments) feature of PRO without vimeo branding?
(2) How do I DISable Community PRO. It was easy to enable it but it seems like I am now stuck with this selection. I have never had a regular vimeo account so there is no negative to me to remove the 'link' to Community Pass.
Thanks in advance ...
Ken Z

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

1. You can only like a video that's not yours. And in order to like a video, you must be a registered user (so we can show who liked your video). So when you ask for like without branding, I'm not sure if I follow what you are asking for. Can you clarify?

2. We're working on adding a feature that will allow PRO users opted in to community to opt back out. It will be released soon.

gatadmin

gatadmin PRO

Thanks for your reply!
1. PRO provides the ability to 'hide' any vimeo logos and allows us to 'brand' our portfolios with our logo. This is great as it provides the most professional appearance to our clients and is a key to our interest in the new service.

I would like this aproach to follow through on every facet of a portfolio. I enabled Community Pass to test the 'like' and comments functions. These are still based on the Plus model where (as you say) you must be a registered user to use them. Since Vimeo rules prevent commercial works to appear on standard vimeo there is no need to link a 'like' of a PRO, commercial video with registered vimeo users. (They should not be able to see it anyway).

I was hoping that the 'like' feature of PRO would be independent of standard vimeo, consistent with vimeo's own rule requiring separation of commercial content.

The 'like' feature of PRO commercial videos should provide us with stats related to the audience we choose to direct to the video. (Again, by vimeo rule, registered vimeo users cannot see our commercial videos anyway.

2. I will wait for the opt out. It would be great to have the features added by Community Pass while keeping our commercial videos, likes and coments separate from the standard vimeo community (as is the design...)

Thanks again for your reply. I hope this helps clarify.

Ken Z

Vincent Niemiec

Vincent Niemiec

Hello I'm all new to this. I have a web site that has a lot of videos. the problem is that you can only view the videos only on a PC not on a MAC. I have the join Vimeo Basic and tested one of my videos It works but at the end of the video it gives you all the options on the top right. would the Pro Version not give those options to my viewers and does the Plus have an flash video option that loops.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We have no known issues with Mac specifically. If you are till having issues, can you post the details in the help forum?

Videos uploaded by PRO users will, by default, be private which means some of the share/embed options will not be available.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you post the URL of the video(s) and the portfolio you are trying to remove it from so we can test?

Janolof Fritze

Janolof Fritze PRO

The Community Pass still does not work. There is no place to enable the pass. All the settings is by default open for the community. Please fix!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It looks like your are already opted into the community.

Janolof Fritze

Janolof Fritze PRO

Yes I´m opted into the community, but I don´t find the darn possibility to change that. There is no enable or disable Community Pass Status Tab on my setting page.

Link: vimeo.com/big5

© Nousha Photography

© Nousha Photography PRO

At present I embed a vimeo link into a standard HTML page (designed to suit us) for our customers slideshows, are you planning on allowing us to upload such a customised page to portfolios? In essence I need a page that displays just one video, but in a beautiful way, I am afraid your templates leave a lot to be desired!!!! I can see enormous potential for us to use PRO, it will eventually save us so much time, thank you, just let me upload my own design pleeaaaase

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

We're hoping to open up Portfolios to be more customizable in a few months. The goal is eventually have it be flexible enough to suit any design.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you please post the details of the issues in our help forum?

Raven Banner

Raven Banner PRO

Is there a way to simply duplicate a portfolio? If not, it would be a handy feature to have rather than to customize a new portfolio every time one is needed.

KNG

KNG PRO

Hi, I'm a plus subscriber trying to upgrade to pro. At checkout, it says you are giving me a discount, but still shows the $199 price. Thanks

TheEditSource.com

TheEditSource.com PRO

Hey,

I have a vimeo plus account and just upgraded but did not receive my discount.

kris

kris

This may be answered somewhere, but can I get clarification on the play limit of 250,000 on embeds? Is this per video? Or per account?

Reclama Production

Reclama Production

Hi! We have first experience in Vimeo. We bought a PLUS account, but then (10 min. later)) we understood that need PRO one. Is it impossible to refund money and check a PRO.
Best regards,
Kate

Link: http://vimeo.com/user8061103

Kevin Sweeney

Kevin Sweeney Staff

Hi Kate, Please reach out to subscriptions@vimeo.com. They can help you sort your account out.

Dadi Jonsson

Dadi Jonsson

Hey there!

First of all, THANK YOU for vimeo PRO!
I have a PLUS account at the moment and am looking into PRO. If for some reason I decide to switch from PRO back to PLUS, what happens to my videos?

Thanks again!
D

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

Feature Request for Portfolios

Would be great if we could have an album become the source for a Portfolio. Right now I have too many videos to go through to populate a portfolio. And since it only displays thumbnails in the choosing,

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

Portfolios can only hold videos that you are in or uploaded. Albums can be anyone's videos, so they are not compatible.

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

Then why not just see my videos in that album? Adding videos to portfolio is a mess

Devin Leggett

Devin Leggett

I saw the comment about domain level privacy, but just want to be sure. If I am on a pro account, not a plus account, can I still set domain level privacy? Thanks!

Craig Campbell

Craig Campbell Staff

Hi Devin,

You can indeed still set domain level privacy for embeds with a pro account.

Nathan Evans

Nathan Evans

Do you have more information on how to set up a 3rd party player and which are supported?

Craig Campbell

Craig Campbell Staff

As a pro member we give you direct access to the video file urls. This means that you should be able to use whatever player you would like.

Mike C

Mike C

Do you know if there's some way to obfuscate the video file URL so that people cannot simply "view page source" to see the file location?

G.E. Brant

G.E. Brant

My OUTRO text suddenly stopped working without reason, all settings are same from over 24 earlier videos. It's just a plain text sentence of a few words, here's a sample video that hast the outro text set, it just doesn't appear like it should.

Link: vimeo.com/27505570

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you post the details (eg. the URL of the web page where this video is embedded) in our HELP forum please?

Jono Seabourne

Jono Seabourne

When I uploaded my LOGO it seems very large. I've adjusted the resolution of the LOGO but it seems to stay the same size in the player. Is there any way to adjust the size the logo appears in the player?

Link: emergeweddingvideos.co.nz/filmroom.html

DHTS INC

DHTS INC PRO

Is there any plan to expand the permissions for privacy settings on PRO accounts to give you control over privacy settings?
Basically, we want our videos public but not able to be downloaded and/or embedded except in specific websites.
This is an essential feature for us to use the service. I trust you realize pro commercial needs are very different than casual users needs.
Look forward to a response on this one before our 30 day trial is up.
Best regards,
JCD

Andrew Pile

Andrew Pile Staff

You can control which website your video can be embedded, but not where it can be downloaded.

DOCTER TWINS

DOCTER TWINS PRO

another feature that would be great to have for PORTFOLIOS is under stats. it would be helpful to see the stats on a specific PORTFOLIO page. that way I would track if the person I am sending it to has viewed or not. make sense?

thanks very much Andrew & Vimeo!

Noreen McCaffrey

Noreen McCaffrey

Does Vimeo PRO provide the feed necessary to upload a podcast to itunes?

DETAiLFILM

DETAiLFILM PRO

Hi there, I just upgraded to PRO because it said I can charge for my videos. My short doc WAGAH is featured on PBS Newshour tomorrow and I thought it would be a sweet chance to monetarize the film. The FAQ tells me that I can charge but it doesn't tell me how. I have embedded the film on my website but still no charging options appears. Please help! Thanks you very much!
Best
Henning

Link: detailfilm.de/WAGAH.html

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry for the confusion. That FAQ entry is referring to the fact that you "may" charge for your videos as a Vimeo PRO user. We do not provide that function as part of our player. We will update our help docs to make this more clear.

DETAiLFILM

DETAiLFILM PRO

Ok, I see. This is really misleading indeed. A simple Paypal intergration would make a very nice feature. Monetarizing films is key for making this "PRO" version really commercial. Nonetheless thanks for the great job! The usability and look/ feel of the portfolios is really nice - We're looking forward to the upcoming updates! Keep up the good work!

The Expanding Light

The Expanding Light

I upgraded my account to pro and it did not work. What's next?

Dave B.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you tell us how and at which point of the transaction it failed? What was the error message?

DHTS INC

DHTS INC PRO

Thanks for the response... Perhaps I am missing something here (Vimeo Pro is new to me) but can someone tell me how to set a video on PRO so if it can be viewed from my website with the video hosted at Vimeo and I can SEPARATELY control:
a) where it can be embedded,
b) if it is listed in Vimeo's public indexes
c) if it can be downloaded or not
d) who can comment on the video including "none"

To help clarify:
We are looking to be able to 'lock down' client video so they show only from their site or others we list, no downloading and no comments posted.

Also, how does one set up an image to display in the player rather than the random image now displayed from a video frame?

Replies are appreciated and important to our use of the service.

Thanks,
JCD

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First, none of your videos will be viewable on the public areas of vimeo.com unless you first opt in to the community.

Separate from that, you can go to each video's settings page to set the domains where embed is allowed, whether people can download the video or not.

Since your videos are private, the only page you can use to share videos and receive comments is the video review page.

Oyster.com

Oyster.com PRO

Hi, just started working with our PRO account and am migrating all our video content from another provider.

One thing that I would like is the ability to have the Share button on embedded videos. I understand that PRO commercial videos are not part of the Vimeo Community content, and that's fine.

I would like for visitors to my site to be able to easily post links to videos on Facebook, Twitter, and other sites that don't allow embedding. I think this is pretty standard functionality for a web video player. It would be fine if it linked to a standalone player with none of the community functionality.

gatadmin

gatadmin PRO

Receiving no response to my post from three days ago I read all 327 comments in this Vimeo PRO feedback section. I found 27 unanswered comments (8%). I also read that vimeo does not provide phone support.

Given PRO is a new product, there are going to be new situations and bugs that are not yet addressed in the existing published documentation.

Please take seriously others comments regarding proper support of businesses. We have to provide service to every one of our customers, PRO should do the same.

Regards, Ken Z

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry for the delay in getting back to your questions. Please see our response above.

gatadmin

gatadmin PRO

Thank you so much for your continued attention as we try to evaluate PRO within the given 30 day limit.
Ken Z

Derema Design

Derema Design PRO

Hello, I've password protected a portfolio and some times it works and sometimes after I input the password I get , "Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again."

I celared histiorym caches, etc. tried other browsers, still doesn't work. Sometimes it works on a complete different machine but mosty of the yime I get that message.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for letting us know. We will look into this further. Can you tell us which browser you were using at the time? Can you also tell us if this is only happening with certain browser or on all of them?

Radiate Films

Radiate Films PRO

I'm another PRO user that would really like a "Download" option in the portfolio. Client expects this feature and sadly I'm not sure PRO is worth it to me without it. Please add to the request list. Thanks!

HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer PRO

Similar request:

Oftentimes, we'll put multiple private videos in a portfolio. I agree with Radiate that clients will expect to be able to download videos directly from the portfolio page (rather than directing them to separate review pages for each video).

Thanks.

Radiate Films

Radiate Films PRO

Another needed feature is the ability for the search bar in the portfolio to search through the tags and description of the videos instead of just the title. Please add to the request list. Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, that's one area of portfolio where we plan to improve in the future versions.

Mike C

Mike C

With Pro, can our videos be played in an external player, or it has to be the player provided by Vimeo?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You can use a third party player with Vimeo PRO.

Ellen O's Hestetrening

Ellen O's Hestetrening PRO

I just got a PRO account. It looks like a pro, but when I try to upload a video it says that the size limit is 500mb. I assume that the file size limit is higher than 500mb in PRO (?!?), and I am hoping you can help me with this.
With regards Ellen

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Ellen. I just tried logging in as you and it seems like everything is in order. Can you refresh the page and try it one more time?

Ellen O's Hestetrening

Ellen O's Hestetrening PRO

As it turns out the problem is worse. I can't upload anything, the desktop uploader will not connect at all. It works fine with my plus account. Nor can I upload with the online uploading feature (no matter what version or film). I have tried this from three different computers, so I don't think the problem is on this end. Can you help me out? I am thinking that maybe this is due to me starting a new account instead of converting a plus or basic account, other that that I am out of ideas. (And yes, the site looks OK, it just doesn't work..)

With regards
Ellen

Josiah Hills

Josiah Hills

Any chance of adding closed captioning soon? I'd like to use Vimeo Pro for my organization, but required by law to CC due to federal funding.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It's on our radar but it will take some time before we can build it out and offer it.

Josiah Hills

Josiah Hills

Hmmm... that's a bummer. I can include captions in the video as a work around, but would be nice to give viewers the option to display or hide captions like YouTube.

Anyhow, thanks for getting back to me.

Red Wall Productions

Red Wall Productions PRO

Hello. I am thinking of adding a vimeo pro account for the school that I teach at. I am only teaching there for one semester. I do not want to pay for the whole year. Can I do month by month or is it a contract.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but no. PRO is only offered in yearly subscription plan at this time.

Smeraglia

Smeraglia PRO

Question on my vimeo pro account: It is saying that I have already used up 67.69 GB of my 50.0 available. It will not let me upload anything... but clearly I have not used up that much space.

Link: vimeo.com/smeraglia

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for letting us know. I have forwarded your case to our developer. We will try to fix any problems as quickly as we can. Sorry for the temporary inconvenience. We will update you very soon.

Smeraglia

Smeraglia PRO

Ok thank you. I gotta have this fixed by Monday for some uploads that have to be done. thx

Michael Cairns

Michael Cairns

Probably a stupid question but the FAQ wording is a little ambiguous. With the 50gig of space, does that mean if I upload 50gig worth of video, but delete 20gig, then I have 30gig left, or have I used up my uploads (50gig of upload bandwidth?).

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

That's correct. If you delete the videos, they will be subtracted from the total 50GB limit.

Videoworks New Zealand Ltd

Videoworks New Zealand Ltd PRO

Loving Vimeo Pro, however the triangular next page button won't work on my Portfolio - you can highlight the button but it doesn't do anything when clicked. The only way I can access the videos on page two is to type in the url.

Any way to fix this?

Also, love the simplicity of the site builder but it would be great if you could select font sizes.

Thanks,

Josh

Link: videoguru.co.nz/

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hmm... Not sure why it's happening. I cannot reproduce the bug on my portfolio using the same theme. I will forward your case to a developer to take a closer look.

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

We are reviewing and constantly changing a graphics titles sequence which is only 6 secs long. I want to be able to upload the various versions to a passworded portfolio and have my client leave comments on each version.

Problem: Vimeo restricts the size of videos to upload. If this is the case and I can't upload my 238kb video for a major UK bank/client to view - what 'professional' use is it to us? Is this quality snobbery? Please can we upload any size we like - if we are going pro - assume we are not FCP numpties.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

"Vimeo PRO gives you 50 GB of upload space" You count the original files or the transcoded files.

Is It possibile to store the original file under my Amazon S3 account ?

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

sorry an other question:
On your faq I read "Vimeo PRO gives you unlimited on-site plays and up to 250,000 embed Plays" What's mean on-site? on my site? on Vimeo site? or on my custom domain with my Vimeo PRO Portfolio?
...and again under What you get I read "50GB of storage, 250k plays (additional space and plays can be added)" So this mean that I have "only" 250,000

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First, we only count the file size of your original source files uploaded.

Sorry, but you cannot store original files somewhere else. I mean you can do that on your own of course, but we can automatically arrange that for you.

On-site = on vimeo.com.

Correct, you get only 250,000 embed plays with PRO after which you will need to purchase extra plays.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

thanks for your answer. I hope the last question :)
with Pro I have 5gb limit every week!?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, the storage limit on the PRO account (total) is 50GB. There are no separate weekly limits.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Hi, after my questions on Vimeo Pro , I'm going to upgrade from Plus to Pro. On your answer you wrote that you can automatically arrange to store the original file under my Amazon S3 account. Is it correct?
So I could upload my original files on Vimeo Pro and after an automatic upload on Amazon I can delete them

DHTS INC

DHTS INC PRO

Thanks for answering my initial questions, have the ACL pretty much straight and working but maybe I am missing something obvious as a new Vimeo Pro user: I have not checked the 'allow downloading' options on our videos that are embedded only on our site yet we can download the video using RealPlayer (free version) simply by mousing over the video player and using the Real Player popup to do so.
I thought that was what the download prevented but perhaps all it prevents is downloading using Vimeo?
If so, is there any practical way to prevent this? Sort of defeats security on pay to watch videos...
Thanks for any clarification and help.
Regards,
JCD

Link: salesrepco.com/demo-reel-gallery

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Unfortunately there are really no ways to stop the Real Player (and others) from downloading the media file.

Mike C

Mike C

DHTS, it sounds like you and I are interested in using Pro for a similar purpose,, to sell streaming videos as products on a website. I too worry about the ability for someone to simply download the video with a browser plugin.. Any progress made in that regard?

Grupo INK

Grupo INK

Anybody have an example of a CSS to be used on Vimeo Pro

Ipsos Ethnography

Ipsos Ethnography PRO

If you create a portfolio for a client and password- protect it, do they enter the password just once to access the portfolio and then they can view any of the videos in it without having to enter the password again during that visit, or do they have to enter the password for each video they play?
Thanks.

Ipsos Ethnography

Ipsos Ethnography PRO

Hi, Is anyone able to answer the query above, please?
Also, could you let me know whether tagging of videos is possible in PRO? And within portfolios?
Your response would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Terence Beal

Terence Beal Plus

Hi,

Unless Vimeo's team says I'm wrong, You just need to enter the password once per session. So you don't need to re-enter any password even if you're watching different videos of the same portfolios.
Like in Vimeo Plus, you can tag any videos you've uploaded. But you cannot tag any portfolios.

Oh, and for me, passwords don't work on my portfolios. It seems a little buggy on my point of view and for a few Vimeans here too.
Fact is, I regret not to be able to use portfolios password for my clients yet. Hope this will be rearrange soon...

Ipsos Ethnography

Ipsos Ethnography PRO

Thanks for your reply, Terence!

Vimeo Staff: I'm guessing you're very busy but your response would also be much appreciated...

PBS

PBS Plus

When I create a page in Vimeo Pro I don't see a way to change the font size in titles and descriptions etc. The preset fonts are generally very large and make the page extend beneath the fold, which isn't desirable. Will there be an update to allow me to change font size?

PBS

PBS Plus

Hello, Vimeo? Would you care to reply to my question?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Are you referring to the portfolio? If so, you can change the font size by editing the CSS.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Not right now. We did consider it but there are some technical details that makes it hard.

Luke Moody

Luke Moody

Hello - can I suspend my PRO account and request to continue payments again in the future?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You cannot suspend the account. You can get a refund on your account within 30 days of purchase.

Allen Hardwick

Allen Hardwick

I am trying a Vimeo Plus account as we want to put our church services online twice a week. I noticed while watching my first video, it froze and stopped downloading. Then after messing with it for a few minutes and going back to the beginning I finally got it to play again and was able to advance where I left off. My question is if I upgrade to the Pro account will this give priority to the stream so this does not happen? also, is there a cap to how many videos you can put on the plus account.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, there are no differences in terms of video delivery. There are no caps on # of videos you can upload to either Plus or PRO account.

9th Floor Radio

9th Floor Radio

Every since I upgraded to Vimeo PRO I have had problems. About 50% of the time the account gets 'stuck' saying 'upload in progress'. Then it 'freezes' forever. I have tried .mov and .mp4. It happens more often with the .mp4 files. But just to be extra frustrating, every once in a while it *will* work fine. But today I've been trying to upload a file (under 2 GB, .mov) and it just won't work. I've read your recommended compression settings many times. I am using FCP and mpeg streamclip. The strange thing is I never had a problem before going PRO. Really tired of these issues.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you post some more details about the file?

Which video and audio codecs are you using? What's your frame and data rate? How are you uploading this video? Upload page? Desktop uploader?

Finally, you said you have a PRO account. What's the URL?

Mark

Mark Staff

We're looking into this issue right now, sorry about that!

kuba kossak

kuba kossak Plus

hi, bug:
- when I choose a minimalist portfoio i end up with an error.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you tell us more about the bug? Better yet, can you post the URL of the portfolio so we can test?

Paul Matthew Gordon

Paul Matthew Gordon PRO

i just recently updated my embed settings and now there is a big gap between the titles of my videos and the videos themselves. Also, the gap between title and video seems to vary from video to video.

Why is this happening? I have changed nothing within the actual structure of my site, nor have I touched the embedded codes for each video. It seems a simple embed settings change caused this. Is there anyway to have the title sit inside the video player itself like before?

Link: paulgordontv.com

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Looks like you are embedding all these videos in 800x600 on this page. Is that the correct aspect ratio of these videos? If not, embed them at the correct size.

Also, please consider posting a new thread in the help form since this is unrelated to the topic.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Can you please post a new thread in the help forum with the URL of the pages you are referring to since this is an unrelated topic?

Jeff Klein

Jeff Klein

Is there any difference in the accepted file formats for PRO accounts as opposed to Free or Plus accounts?
My company has many videos in flv format as well as presentation packages of video and content files. Would these work on Vimeo? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, there are no differences. We do accept FLV but we never recommend them to our users because (a) they do not convert well in terms of quality and (b) they need to be encoded on machines with specific encoding software that takes much longer to finish.

Jeff Klein

Jeff Klein

Thanks. So if I wanted to try out the service to see if it will meet my company's needs, what would you recommend? If I create a free account, it will have the same functionality as the pro account in terms of accepted file formats?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Accepted file formats yes, but Basic vs PRO is a pretty different experience.

digs apparel

digs apparel

I am having problems with screen shots not showing up on my video embeds at the attached URL. I just see a black screen instead of a screen shot of the video.

The problem is mainly in Chrome and only certain versions of Chrome. I am looking on my PC and Mac and I don't see any issues, BUT other users are seeing the issues in Chrome.

Thanks for any help!

Link: digz.com/blog/

Haresh Chulani

Haresh Chulani

Hi I tried playing a song 'MAULA MERE' by kugan Kumar but it keeps stopping after a minute. Why? Thank you.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Please post a new thread in the help forum with the URL.

Virect

Virect Plus

When adding a link to video on Facebook from PRO portfolio, the thumbnail defaults to the logo only. And there is no direct link to play the video within Facebook.

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

Correct, currently there's no way to play private PRO videos in facebook. We're reaching out to them to see if we can work out a fix for this.

Touch

Touch Plus

I have been charged tax on the latest invoice and was given an invalid EU VAT number. How can I get a valid VAT number from Vimeo? Please help, because I am running out of time to reclaim the tax

miamiman

miamiman

We are a media company looking at Vimeo Pro.

1. We need to have topic- specific playlists of our video produced content.

2. We need to control advertising insertions dynamically pre/post the main content of each video, via a ad server such as Openx.

Are both possible with your services?

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

1. You can create portfolios for each of your playlists

2. You can add advertising more so if you use your own player, which we allow PRO members to do.

Jonathan Weitz

Jonathan Weitz PRO

Is there anyway to increase the size of a custom header logo in the portfolio "appearance" section? Or does Vimeo always resize it no matter what you upload?

Adam Isaac Ebert

Adam Isaac Ebert

Hi, getting ready to switch over to PRO, but wanted to make sure that the URL for the videos I currently have on my Plus account wont change. (I have a few videos I did for a charity that are embedded on a whole bunch of websites, just want to make sure the embedded URLs wont go bad). Thanks!

-Adam
ps. Melissa Lyons is a rockstar!

Master Talent Teachers

Master Talent Teachers

One thing I dont see on the FAQ's directly addressed. Do I have to use a Portfolio page, or can I still directly embed my videos wherever I want, or put customized video players wherever I choose on my own site?

top HDTV

top HDTV

Hi, I am a Vimeo pro user,I got a problem. when I finished uploading video,the private status will change from public to the hidden (from the vimeo). But I did not make this change in fact. And I can't change it back to public mode. Why??

Wireframe Pictures

Wireframe Pictures

I downgraded from vimeo pro to plus and there is still a player logo that I don' thave the option to remove anymore when I embed a vid.
any clue?

Millennial Tulsa

Millennial Tulsa Plus

hi sometimes the embedded videos are loading and then at other times they are not?!?

at first i thought maybe it was our coding but it does link to vimeo coming up with the message "sorry this video has trouble loading" or something to that effect! thanks very much

Link: livingrivers.cc/childrens_ministry

qi.tv

qi.tv

As we are specially interested in Apple-TV Playback, i would like to know if there is any chance to loop videos, lineup them, or even search for channels on Apple-TV. Maybe with Pro account?

Thanks

Orchard Productions

Orchard Productions PRO

If I choose to allow nobody to post comments on videos, why does the review page still allow comments? I wish the comments section just disappeared in that case. Is there an URL of a video that can be shared with a client that is not a review page? If you follow the link in the email that is automatically sent it says there is no such file. Also, the "Post Comment" button on the review page is not working in Safari 5.1. Works in Firefox 6.0

RESCtech

RESCtech PRO

Is there any way to add non-video content to a portfolio page? e.g. have a link to another page or embed a survey like a google form.

If not, I'd like to make that feature request. Thanks!

Musical Instrument Museum

Musical Instrument Museum

Hello All,

Now that we have "PRO" accounts, can we please, finally have the option of defaulting videos to SD if we desire without changing user prefs for other videos? People who have HD capability can opt in.

This will allow our organization to reach audiences that do not have the bandwidth and/or the knowledge to change their user settings. As a non profit, this includes a large portion of our audience: older folks who are potential donors but don't have speedy internet and aren't necessarily tech savvy.

We are also a globally-oriented organization. Not every part of the world has the connectivity of a San Francisco coffeehouse.

Please? This is very important to us as an organization, and since we don't any longer have to pay for HD embeds, doesn't it make sense for us to have this option? In PRO?

Please?

Thank You,

Garry Kling

Dana & Sarah Films

Dana & Sarah Films PRO

I was wondering if the quality of video can be any better than what you see here: vimeo.com/27063486

When I enlarge the image, it is not as high definition as I would like. However, I did follow the compression guidelines that are recommended for Vimeo. If there are any further recommendations, I would appreciate it!

Link: vimeo.com/27063486

WorldNomads

WorldNomads PRO

in Plus I have several Channels, if I go to Pro and want to 'commercialise' the content in the channels do I make them Portfolios/ ie is a portfolio like a channel?

Dan Jobson

Dan Jobson Plus

Hi, I also upgraded to PRO but meant to create a new account, but it instead upgraded my normal account. Can I swap this over to make it related to just my business?

- Dan Jobson

Dreamand

Dreamand Plus

hi~
Let me ask you about upload capacities.
I use vimeo plus service now.

knew that I can use 5 gigabytes a week.
Could you tell me about rule of capacities reduce whenever I upload?

First

After I join your site on Monday, I upload 1 gigabyte everyday from Monday to Wednesday

But when I check remaining capacities on Thursday, 4 gigabytes were left that we can use.
I think that 2 gigabytes left till next Monday.

Please let me know what happened.

I can use 5 gigabytes from 1 to 7 days.
I used 3 gigabytes from 1 to 7 days.

Can I use remaining 2 gigabytes between 8 and 14 days?

I can use 5 gigabytes from 1 to 7 days.
I used 5 gigabytes from 1 to 7days.

If I delete used capacities from 1 to 7 days between 8 and 14 days,
can I use capacities more?

Peter Lourie

Peter Lourie PRO

when will you or Apple work things out so vimeo videos that are set (privacy setting) to playe on just one site can do so in 5.1 Safari? Reading is now: Sorry, the creator of this video has no given you permission to embed it on this domain."

Link: arcticstories.net

a corpas production

a corpas production PRO

I'm missing something in vimeo pro - which was available in vimeo plus:

I liked, that you could make small widget as Badge, in pro you can only make hubnut.

I also miss to set the mark for the embeded code. when I play the movie at my website - there only the mark for "share this video". The mark with "get the embeded code" is not avaible. (ex. corpas.tv)

It would be wildly lovely if you would add those options to PRO. Thank You :0)
Best regards

Melanie Thomassian

Melanie Thomassian PRO

I was charged $199!!

I'm upgrading from plus, so shouldn't I have got it for $139?

I was then charged UK VAT on the $199, instead of $139.

Please advise.

G.E. Brant

G.E. Brant

I asked this two weeks ago and never got a reply. The text OUTRO setting is not working in my videos, it stopped recently and I have no idea what's wrong. At the end of the video it should display a short text sentence, but it stopped working, HELP!

Link: americaschristiantalent.com/jillian-rae-day/

Supreme Corporation

Supreme Corporation

Is there any chance in the future, Hubnut will allow diplaying password protect videos in albums? All my videos are password protected.

Leigh Johnson

Leigh Johnson

Your features list states: Super-customizable and brandable video player (new!)

I'd like to see how much I can customize before I commit and purchase Pro. Is that possible?

lettra

lettra

Hi,

is it possible with Vimeo Pro to connect an ad server to play commercial pre-roll spots?
Txs for info.

livekosher

livekosher PRO

Same question here! Could you guys please make it so Pro members can set their own pre-roll ad videos to play before a video? Basically, the way this would work is to allow for 2 videos to play in one embed.
We could give the advertisers a pre-roll (10-30 second ad) that would play before the video. It would allow for the video to be clicked and sent to the advertisers website, along with giving real time stats.

So to sum this up... Please make it like this... I upload a video to feature, in the options it gives a pre-roll choice. I choose what pre-roll shows by dropping in another Vimeo link to the advertisers pre-roll video. It would be great if you could make it so you could drop up to 10 different pre-roll videos that would interchange so it could accommodate to multiple advertisers if it's a video not for a select brand. Make it so the pre-rolls are clickable with a link. Then the advertiser will be able to see exact stats of how many views and clicks they received.
Let me know if this is already available or if it's something that can be done maybe with a third party service etc! I'm buying Vimeo Pro the day this becomes available.

livekosher

livekosher PRO

I understand to make the add clickable that would require some complex work on your end. But everything else should be prety stright forward.

Beige & Company

Beige & Company Plus

Understand clients can comment on the Video Review Page without the need to sign up to Vimeo. That's great. Does the same apply for the downloads of the videos? Can clients download videos without logging in to Vimeo first?

L2 Inc

L2 Inc Business

We currently have a PLUS account but I think the PRO account makes more sense for us given what we are trying to do. We are a member organization and will be expanding our web site to include a section of our website that will include our videos. We would like members and non-members to see and play most of our videos but would like to have the ability to have some our videos marked for members only. (ideally non-members can see the frame but not play the video) The goal being to encourage people to join by getting a sense of what they are missing. Is that doable with a PRO account? Also, Is it possible to allow members who have logged in to our site to play a video that is marked as 'members only' without having to log in to vimeo? Hope my questions are clear, thanks (I am new to L2 and relatively new to vimeo). Thank you. If you have examples of partners using vimeoPRO in a similar way that would be helpful to see.

Century Martial Arts

Century Martial Arts

Does Vimeo Pro have any plans for allowing Pay Per View or Pay per download ? We are currently looking for a solution to bring our video library of long form martial arts training videos on line for download or PPV or maybe even for a payed subscription.

TrueStudioMedia

TrueStudioMedia PRO

So- With the Vimeo link up with Apple TV (and thus Vizio, Samsung TVs etc.) will indie films we produce, control, charge for and stream from Vimeo finally be accessible to the general public now on their televisions through something other than Amazon.com, iTunes, and Netflix?

Justin Ziegler

Justin Ziegler

In regards to Vimeo Pro:

is it possible to remove the 2 icons (share and like icon) that appear on the top right of each video?

I believe it is possible to remove the "share with friends text that says go to url or copy url" after the video is played, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Link:

Andy Hall .TV

Andy Hall .TV

Hi, according to Vimeo "Portfolios are fully customizable websites...prospective clients...customize...without any Vimeo branding"

So naturally I hoped Pro would give me complete control to customise how my videos and perceived but there seem to be some 'elephants'...

Even after I have created customised URL's, uploaded custom logo's and set all the privacy I can there are
still the following references to Vimeo remaining:

1. "Like" and "watch later" buttons at the end of a video.
2. "Powered by Vimeo" below password fields

Also "Video review pages' allow customers to download original files even when unchecked in video privacy?!

Please address/advise, thanks.

Doug Sjoerdsma

Doug Sjoerdsma

Is Pro $199 per year for as long as we have it? Or is it a one time payout?

Keith Torluemke

Keith Torluemke

How can you limit portfolio access based on a domain? Example - I have a portal where users will authenticate, and I'd like to embed a Vimeo Pro Custom Portfolio within that portal. If customers try to access the Custom Portfolio without being logged in, I don't want them to see the Portfolio. Is this level of security possible? If so, how?

Digital Media UVU

Digital Media UVU PRO

I'd like to speak to a representative concerning the potential of using Vimeo Pro/Plus for our campus-wide ePortfolio initiative. Possible? Please contact me -

very natural

very natural PRO

I'm using my pro account on with Apple TV and attempting to create a solution to show our video at a tradeshow booth.

My question - is there a way to set the videos within the portfolio to loop, or at least to play sequentially one into the next?

Windmist             Coach Sean

Windmist Coach Sean Plus

I upgraded today and thought HMM did I make the right choice. I upload Football games for the kids I coach once a week... This adds up space real fast ( all non commercial)
Should I have make a second account for biz to not eat up my space?

Technology Services - SJUSD

Technology Services - SJUSD PRO

Trying to contact customer service is horrible. Worst setup ever! Your people don't read emails completely or comprehend what is being written to them. After waiting days for a reply I get a replay that dose not make sense to my request. It's aggravating! We should at least have a chat based customer service feature.

pietra brettkelly

pietra brettkelly PRO

Hi I'm uploading a full feature length doco for my director and which needs to be up in a few hours. It's compressed down to 2.5gb. It is 720p. And the Uploader isn't starting. I am uploading through a Vimeo plus account.

Is there something I need to do to refresh it? I've restarted once already.

pietra brettkelly

pietra brettkelly PRO

The video is there, the counter is not moving and the timer has been reading the following for the past 15mins.

0MB of 2253.66MB (-.--MB/s) --:--:-- remaining

PAUL WHITE

PAUL WHITE

can I download more than 5 videos (as with basic) if i join vimeo plus ?

Mark

Mark Staff

Yes, you can download an unlimited amount of videos with Plus or PRO.

Windmist Coach Sean Plus

I want to change back this account to a plus, and start a separate company account. How can i communicate with someone in regards to this?

MegaraTV.gr

MegaraTV.gr PRO

how can i upgrade from plus to pro using this offer: "We are offering ALL current Plus members the ability to switch to PRO for $139 till August 31st!"

Melanie Thomassian

Melanie Thomassian PRO

Good question.

I'm still waiting to find out why I was charged $199.

Paying customers are waiting, Vimeo Staff.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

You have to upgrade while logged into the Plus account. To discuss transaction details please emil support@vimeo.com

Melanie Thomassian

Melanie Thomassian PRO

Thanks for replying Daniel. Means a lot.

I WAS logged in. I was viewing the little blue reminder box telling me (I was paying monthly), "Yikes! You've only X days to..."

Anyway, I sent an email to that address yesterday.

Again, thanks for responding here. If you can add any further help it would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

We'll get it straightened out, promise, we just get a huge number of emails everyday so it takes a few business days.

MegaraTV.gr

MegaraTV.gr PRO

I am trying to upgrade to pro while logged in as plus member but the invoice is for 199. what can I do? is there any option to upgrade?

Loco

Loco

Hello there!

I saw in the feedback that you're planing to add albums in portfolio, but right now it's just a request. Any progress with that? It's only one thing that's blocking me from getting Vimeo Pro:)
Cheers!

Link: locomotive.pl

Mark

Mark Staff

We have no ETA on this at the moment, sorry.

VJ

VJ

I would like to include all videos of a portfolio page of a PRO account as a feed in a web app. However, I cannot find any way to do so. Even in the API I wasn't able to find any refererence referring to portfolios. Channels (not available with a PRO account) are mentionend, but not portfolios. How can this issue be solved?

Thanks a lot!

VJ

VJ

I'm disappointed that Vimeo PRO doesn't include a true mobile enabled template. I know the embedded player changes to the HTML5 version if watched e. g. from an iPhone or iPad, but page layout, font sizes etc. look not well.

Could you please offer a truly mobile device friendly template, which also LOOKS GOOD on an iPhone and not just works? For example with an adaptive layout such as:

codecanyon.net/item/one-website-for-all-devices/261994
or
cssgrid.net/

Thanks for your help!

Caroline Ames McCoy

Caroline Ames McCoy

So many people contact me and say it is taking ten minutes to download a one minute film....and they give up. I would like to continue using Vimeo. I inform people to let it fully buffer (let the gray progress bar go all the way across) but it is just taking too long. Why? How can I help them. This is my last film: vimeo.com/27821659 Thank you.

Link: http://vimeo.com/27821659

Plywood Pictures

Plywood Pictures PRO

Something for the suggestion box:

In the options for arranging the videos in the portfolio, how about an option for "most recently updated first". What would be ideal for my business is if I replace a video file with an updated cut, that video would go to the top of the list, even if the original cut was uploaded months ago. The "newest first" option get's me close, but I'd have to post every revision as it's own vimeo video, and that eats into my 50 GB real fast.

NWEA

NWEA PRO

Can a single PRO account have multiple users with unique log-ins?

Dgray Film/Video

Dgray Film/Video PRO

i just upgraded to pro and uploaded a new video and i cant take it of private. when i got to privacy under settings. there no option for public or private

Link: vimeo.com/27919682

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

You can enable password protection though. Privacy for PRO users who don't have the Community Pass enabled works differently since no one can see your videos anyway, unless they are logged into your account.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

That's what the clip review page is for, just distribute that link to whomever you want to see the video.

Dgray Film/Video

Dgray Film/Video PRO

so do i need to go back to basic membership? so it can be public and link it on facebook with ease? I need the space yet dont need to be this limited.

Link: vimeo.com/27919682

Paul Stone

Paul Stone PRO

Is there a way to send a custom email of a portfolio to a client with Vimeo Pro like we can do with Vimeo plus? Unbranded by Vimeo?

Thanks guys!

Paul Stone

Paul Stone PRO

Where is the SHARE function on the portfolio page? i want to share the video embeded into an email.

Thanks

mj kreativ

mj kreativ

V pro looks great but I'd like to learn more about the advanced analysis. It seems like there is no change to my V plus statistics. Will there be more (to come) on V pro?

DRAGONFRAME

DRAGONFRAME PRO

I have noticed some prominent and hip companies with tutorials / demos for their comercial products on Vimeo. As in I can search and find them. Your rules seem clear about this not being cool. I ask because we will be hosting tutorials on our pro site - but after reading the guidelines - it seems clear that we need to keep them off of public Vimeo. Is this real - or is it a "Sucker" clause.

Paul Stone

Paul Stone PRO

How do we share PORTFOLIOS? I dont see a SHARE button like we have on our ALBUM page.

Thanks

someone else

someone else

I'm nervous about switching to Pro. I've got an account with hundreds of videos. They're compliant with your community rules - but still I've got to be over the 50 gig storage limit that switching to pro imposes (looks like plus doesn't have one?). 1) How can we tell how much storage we're already using 2) Do the files we already have in our account apply to the 50 gig storage limit 3) Is there a way to specify videos aren't commercial so shouldn't apply to the 50 gig storage limit? This is the biggest gating issue preventing me from going over to PRO. Everything else looks awesome...

Mark

Mark Staff

No videos you already have uploaded will count against your 50GB limit, only new videos you upload after going to PRO.

GoInnovate!

GoInnovate!

Is there a way to embed a player with a playlist of multiple videos that does not take viewers back to vimeo.com? It seemed like this was possible when I was researching Vimeo Pro but now that we've purchased it, I can't figure out how.

Mike C

Mike C

I haven't yet signed up for Pro, but from what I've been told, there are no playlist enabled players. I was however told that you can use a 3rd party player with Pro. I too need a selectable playlist to mimic what you get on a DVD menu, i.e. chapters...

PBS

PBS Plus

I've decided to nix my PRO account and revert to my old free account until PRO has better WYSIWYG design control. I emailed Vimeo support 2 days ago to get a refund of my $200 and I still haven't heard back. Hello Vimeo? Can you please follow up on my request? Thank you.

Robert Boler

Robert Boler

Hey Vimeo! My family runs a small event videography biz, and I'd love to be able to distribute my videos entirely digitally, rather than mess with DVDs. I'm curious if Pro would be a good video distribution/downloading option.

I know that you can allow people to download video files, but with Pro can you 1. hide the video but keep the ability to download, or 2. can you allow downloads without customers having Vimeo accounts?

The ideal solution would be a site to simply host the video files, and issue redemption codes or something similar to customers. I love Vimeo and I'm hoping Pro can be a solution, but if not, have y'all heard of any sites like this?

Thanks!

rhythm

rhythm

In Vimeo Plus plan is Total: $59.95 5gb is the uploading but how much will be the bandwidth for each month in vimeo plus ?

Link: vimeo.com/plus

Mark

Mark Staff

Yes, it does. Please note you have a Plus account, not a PRO account.

Homeless Link

Homeless Link PRO

Would be great if we could have a link for 'website' in the portfolio/connections page

Rachel Starr

Rachel Starr

Hello,
I got a vimeo pro account so that my friends could upload to my group. Shouldn't the group benefit from my pro status that I"m paying for? i.e. faster uploads, quick file conversions? Should I have created an album instead that people can upload to?
thanks
Rachel

Link: vimeo.com/user7620876/groups

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Rachel, please not that you have Plus, not PRO. On that note, no - the faster file conversions only affect your account and your account only. Sorry!

tomribeiropereira

tomribeiropereira

Hi, I have an 17 G´s own film file that I want to host on Vimeo. I know that the limit is 5 G´s per day, but I need (I don't want, but problem in our pipeline made it be irreversible) to upload only 17 G and no more... Is that possible for Vimeo to open new possibilities of hosting? Please, you guys are the best service in this area and I´m sure I´m not the only one. Thanks,

Matt Davis

Matt Davis PRO

I think I get the Community Pass concept, but can we be clear that:

• If I switch from Plus to Pro, my existing 'Vimeo community' videos remain viewable by all

• I keep all data associated with those videos

• New uploaded videos can either be 'Pro' or 'Community' on a case by case basis

• No Pro videos appear on my Community page, and (most importantly for me) no Community videos appear on my Pro pages

The FAQ makes the Community Pass sound like it's an 'All or nothing' option, hopefully it's just a flag set per video: is it Pro or is it Community?

Thanks for clarification...

breadfan35

breadfan35

I am one of two video producers for my company and we are very interested in using Vimeo for our video hosting needs. However, my company likes to use invoicing rather than slapping down a credit card even though it is just an annual cost. Is invoicing and option and who can I contact on Vimeo's end to get that set up?

breadfan35

breadfan35

I'm sure you guys are busy, but can someone let me know what my options are? I looked over the FAQ and didn't see anything regarding invoicing. Is Paying via CC the only option?

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry, credit card is the only option currently.

Rachel Starr

Rachel Starr

does this mean that I don't need a plus account at all? I wanted a space that all of my friends could upload photos for our wedding with no upload/conversion/space issues
thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

That's correct. A Plus account has no benefits in that case because they all need their own separate accounts. You can request a refund by emailing subscriptions[at]vimeo[dot]com

Huneycutt

Huneycutt

The new Pro feature sounds very promising, but I wonder if the embed feature has any customization? For example, if someone embeds a video they find off of my site, is there anyway for a link to be displayed to pull viewers of that video back to my site?
Thanks for the info.

Mark

Mark Staff

Yes. This can be done with both a Plus or a PRO account.

Huneycutt

Huneycutt

That is great to know and probably seals the deal for me to go with Pro instead of trying to host my own videos. Can you give me some idea how to do this or point me toward existing instructions/turorial?
Thanks!

Paul Stone

Paul Stone PRO

Mark. Can you answer this question? It was skipped from your responses. Not sure why.

How do we share PORTFOLIOS? I dont see a SHARE button like we have on our ALBUM page.

Thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Paul, I answered you in the other thread you posted in. There is no share button currently.

Tommy Mitsugo

Tommy Mitsugo

Hello,
I read that I can password protect the Video Review Pages but I want to know if I can password protect the portfolios - because I want our clients to be able to view numerous different videos with one username/password (we don't want to have to make them log in each time for each video).

Is this possible?

BookingSuite

BookingSuite

trying to upgrade from Vimeo Plus to Vimeo pro, get a "oops" error page from you on the credit card page, claiming there is something wrong with the credit card. Tried 2 different cards, both give error. Called my bank, they said the transaction isn't reaching them--sounds like you have a problem with your page and merchant service. help!

Windmist Coach Sean Plus

I recently upgrades from Plus to Pro.

I do want a company “Vimeo site”
also I want a community personal one non work related.

I will use the 50 gigs up for non commercial content in a very short time.

For the company 50 gigs will work great for our company.

Should i switch to 2 accounts one being Personal non commercial. and how can i do that?

I have no added any "business content" on this account Please may i set up another account as my business account.

Cheers

Windmist Coach Sean Plus

I also forwarded this to .....support@vimeo.com
I hope this is the right method of requesting a change.

BTW I do love this site!!

Michael Roper

Michael Roper PRO

I've updated the basic info for several of my videos, but these updates aren't appearing in my portfolio. How do I get these updates to appear in my portfolio? Thanks...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. Can you post the URL to the video and the portfolio in question so we can check it out?

Mike C

Mike C

Will people be able to use those keepvid type sites or plugins for browsers to download the video that's playing in the player (like is done all day long with Youtube) with the Pro service?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, having a PRO account will make no difference there.

The Drum

The Drum

We are thinking of upgrading to Pro but would like to check that we can can show a 'like' option on the videos (on the portfolio page as well as embedded video).

Am I able to do this?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If you are not opted in to the community and made the video public (this is the default setting for PRO) then no, you cannot allow people to like your videos since they will all be hidden from vimeo.com.

axisanimation

axisanimation PRO

Is there a way to save a custom 'appearance' that you've developed from an original template? What I want to be able to do is every time I add a new portfolio is use my own branded up template. If I could alter an existing one and then save it to the list of templates then it would be a click of the mouse!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry no but we will keep your suggestion in mind for future iteration of portfolio.

Production Attic

Production Attic PRO

I second this feature request, I can code and upload all the necessary files for our portfolio "look" but some of my colleagues who will be making portfolios can't. It'd be great if the default look was whichever you used last.

Jackson Hill

Jackson Hill PRO

I uploaded a new thumbnail for my video and now you only see a black scene. I go to the settings page and can't find any thumbnails to choose from.

Help, please.

Link: vimeo.com/22075379

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Looks like your thumbnail is showing up now. If you still have any issues please consider posting a new thread on the help forum.

Korea Black

Korea Black

I finished uploading my video a few hours ago and the thumbnails page are showing me "questions marks" instead of images. Do you know when the images will appear so I can make my selection?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First, please consider posting a new thread in our help forum since your question is not related to this current thread.

If you are still having this issue, please post the URL of the page there so we can take a look.

tomribeiropereira

tomribeiropereira

Hi, someone delleted my post. Please don´t do it, ok? It´s pretty dificult to get our doubts answered by Vimeo team. Please, help me with one thing:

Unfortunately becouse a problem in our pipeline of the company i work we have a video with 17G and 15 minuts that can´t be smaller. I need to share it in HD quality. Can you guys from Vimeo help me? I can pay for it. Thanks

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First, please consider posting a new thread in our help forum since your question is not related to this current thread.

To answer your question... no, the max file size you can upload as a basic member is 500MB.

Blackberry

Blackberry

I'm a new Pro user and having problems with sharing private videos. I've set up the privacy settings to require a password and disabled the ability to download, and when I share the video, the link doesn't work. It says it's been deleted or was never created. But I see that it's still there when I log in. Can someone please help?

Link: vimeo.com/28031674

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

To share your video with other people, you can use the video review page. The URL to this page is displayed on top of your video clip page.

Serie Científica Latinoamerican

Serie Científica Latinoamerican

Hi! I have a Plus account but I need upload more than 5GB weekly, if I upgrade to PRO account, can I upload more than 5GB?

Stonegate Fellowship

Stonegate Fellowship PRO

We have a Pro account, set up a Portfolio and tried to search our videos on Apple TV but nothing came up. I can log in and view our services but how do I get our videos to come up on a search in Apple TV's Vimeo for the average user?

Link: vimeopro.com/stonegate/2011

Kyle Lane Dreher

Kyle Lane Dreher

Hey Zach,

how to fix... comments disabled
I looked everywhere and the only thing I could find pertaining to this is...Who can post comments
which I have "everyone" clicked. A friend of mine said that my "comments have been diabled" what am I over looking... thanks

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If you are still having this problem, can you post the URL of the page so we can take a look?

PADS Inmobiliaria

PADS Inmobiliaria

I'm having trouble sharing a video from my Pro account on Facebook. The sharing button is enabled in the settings, but nothing is showing up...

Any ideas?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. Have you tried using the embed code to share the video on your facebook page?

Andy Cansdale

Andy Cansdale

Hi, I tried to reply to your comment as PADS Bogotá (my Pro user account) and I get some message about that being disabled and a help file on interacting with the Vimeo community via a community pass. Come on Vimeo!! So Pro users can't post on a forum designed for Pro account feedback?!

As far as using the embed code on Facebook, I've just tried it and all I get is the code itself and a thumbnail image of my portrait pic. We really need a way to embed Pro videos on Facebook. After all, so many businesses use social networks to generate sales nowadays. Thanks for the feedback Soxiam.

Ibrahim Khaleel abdulkadir

Ibrahim Khaleel abdulkadir

I just created my account but still don't understand what's all abaut it. Pls can someone help me out.

Jackson Hill

Jackson Hill PRO

How do I get help with a technical problem? This forum is fine, but seems to be mainly questions without answers. Is there phone number we could call for help?

Atelier magazine

Atelier magazine

Dear Staff member,
I seem unable to embed the following items in my video's:
Show Like button
Show Watch Later button
Show Share button
It speaks for itself that I would like to do that though and that all the relevant boxes are checked. But still nothing. Am I missing something? Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!
Raoul

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Once you are opted in to the community, you should be able to have those buttons show up on your embedded video player. Of course, YOU won't be seeing some of these buttons (eg. Like button since you can't like your own video).

Can you post some URLs to the pages where these buttons aren't showing up so we can check it out?

Oddizzi

Oddizzi

Hi!
We have lots of videos and will shortly be uploading many more and to keep them organised we wanted to make albums. We went into the video settings and clicked add to collections/ add to albums - create one now. We then typed in the album name and clicked add and then save. As soon as we went to add another video to the album it said we didn't have any albums and then going back to the original video that we created the album for, it says the same. Are we doing something wrong?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hmm... Can you post the URL to the album in question please?

Oddizzi

Oddizzi

Hi, we have just subscribed to Vimeo Pro and love it. However we are using it on an educational website and I know that VIMEO is blocked in many schools in the UK. If we are using Vimeo Pro as our media player I am assuming that the player won't play if domain is blocked, or does it pull it from a different domain address?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I doubt it will work. Our player is still originating from a subdomain of vimeo.com and there are built in functionalities that won't work unless vimeo.com is opened on your network.

If you need to process refund on your PRO purchase, here's how: vimeo.com/help/faq#refund

Beverage Academy Norge

Beverage Academy Norge PRO

Hello. I just created an account going through the information page about Vimeo Pro. Then my account was created before I managed to pay. I received an e-mail about the new account, which I confirmed. Now, it seems like I have got another ordinary Vimeo account and not a Pro account. Can you help me convert my account for Norsk Vinfagskole to Pro?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You can buy PRO from any account you wish to by going to vimeo.com/pro.

If you are referring to a failed transaction or charged transaction that didn't make your account pro, you can contact our staff for help via vimeo.com/help

Prospress, Inc.

Prospress, Inc. PRO

Vimeo Pro is a great, but I'm disappointed by the lack of a way to give the HTML5 player preference for embeds.

In reply to other forum topics about using the HTML5 player, staff have justified it by noting the importance of full-screen viewing (which is only available via flash). But even when a Pro player is set to not offer the full-screen button/mode, Flash is still preferred.

The Vimeo HTML5 player is far better than the Flash player (which can not be fast-forwarded), so it would be nice if we could have our sites prefer HTML5 then fall back to Flash only when absolutely necessary.

Also, for a site like mine, where I'm really selling the benefits of HTML5, it's embarrassing to be using a Flash video. In fact, flash is a deal breaker for me and I will be switching to another video service if there is no positive word on this feature.

Also, it would be nice to be able to participate in the community forums without activating "Community Pass". I can't even comment in the "PRO Feature Requests" forum.

I don't want my videos or profile to be public, so a "Community Pass" is overkill, I just want to +1 on feature requests.

I know you guys think people who have commercial videos are infected with the plague or something, but plenty of us are friendly human beings just like other Vimeo folks.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We are monitoring all of our users' actual usage carefully. As you might know, there's a lot of factors involved here from the browser support to performance differences to player stability to people's subjective preferences. When all these things start to point that we should change our default player to HTML player we definitely will.

Our stance on the commercial videos and why we've designed PRO with the default community opt out settings are clearly defined in the blog post introducing PRO.

Ideum

Ideum PRO

Will it be possible in the future to upload higher resolution stills for thumbnails?

With the new portfolios having a larger display window, the thumbnails really fall apart at their current resolution.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, we might introduce a higer(er) resolution thumbnail in the future.

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

Im not to keen on the extremely limited themes available - the titles or huge and take up a lot of space on the screen and so are not in keeping with my business brand. Im not sure about editing CSS either...are there plans to let us alter font sizes, position logos, all margins etc etc? Its refund time if I can get it looking how I want it... :(

Having said - the price is fair and the players are superb - much better than Sorensons expensive effort.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

More themes are planned for future iterations of PRO. Please keep in mind that this is the first version and we plan to make a lot of improvements as with all of our releases.

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

Ok - Im coming around! Which is good news. I have edited my own header and made it 100 high by 900 wide (seems to be close to the default) I then passworded a client portfolio and tested the link. The first thing that bothered me was the 'Powered by Vimeo' branding at the bottom of the password page. Can this be removed please? 2nd: I couldnt get in. I entered the password and was rewarded with this bazarre message:

"Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again.

How informative. I didn't even know I was having a form session.

Please explain.

S&R x

Here is the link, which currently has garbage videos on it as I'm just testing: vimeopro.com/squaredog/testingarea

Password: test2011

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

Just seen the vimeo branding at the screen when it failed to play a video. I need there to be NO branding from vimeo on my pro account - ever. Is this possible? Most of us know a vimeo player, but my clients probably dont even think about it - but I'd still prefer it not to be there. Having difficulty cancelling it too..sent off an email requesting my account be reverted back to plus and no reply as yet. V. Unhappy.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The above URL doesn't work. Do you have another URL or a screenshot you can post?

Information regarding how to request for refund on PRO is listed on our FAQ: vimeo.com/help/faq#refund

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

PS: I understand your point about the "Powered by Vimeo PRO" showing up on the password prompt page. We will consider your suggestion and discuss removing it from the page.

Dan Sterkin

Dan Sterkin

About to upgrade to Pro for my work and one concern is that while Vimeo pre-buffers all of its videos, I've noticed that it can take upwards of 25 seconds to load some of our longer HD content (at least it does on our network).

While this is happening the player 'status bar' times out and disappears leaving the viewer with just a black screen and no 'spinning wheel' or 'hourglass'.

A loading status icon is almost critical to make sure our clients who are watching our videos don't give up or get frustrated by seeing only a black screen.

Any updates coming to the player that will address this? Any way to customize a player with a load icon? Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

It's pretty rare to how our videos buffer for that amount of time. We will keep your suggestion in mind and see if any improvements can be made in such cases.

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

Im undecided what to do... I guess we can now use Vimeo Pro to host our clients video (ie we upload a commissioned piece of work and give them the embedded code)?

I still wish the vimeo pro logo was not on the password page of videos - is that turn-offable? Im thinking I might want to use this with a pro viewbook account when they have relaunched it.

its awful quiet from Vimeo on this page isnt it... they must have a nice surprise in the wings for us all... :)

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

under Customize your portfolio video player I have only these possibility. Is it correct:

Use a custom color

* Show Share button
* Show playbar
o Volume control
o Fullscreen button
+ Scaling button

BHLDN

BHLDN PRO

Hi, I've been searching but can't seem to find any info on this. Is there a way to bring up the full share menu (including Facebook, Twitter, etc buttons) from an embedded video? Currently when I view my video from a page that it's embedded on, the only share options are to copy the URL, but not to share to any specific services. Am I missing something?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, the full function share screen is only available on vimeo.com.

Dingo Bill Productions

Dingo Bill Productions PRO

Hey guys - three feature requests on an otherwise awesome pro implementation.

1) On the portfolio password screen, it would be great to hide "powered by VimeoPro" and have my own logo there.

2) On the Linen theme, when you have seven videos, the "1" button on Page 2 doesn't work. As soon as you have eight or more it does, but never so when only a single video on Page 2. Also would love to adjust the number of videos per portfolio page, and also to have it clearer that there's a Page 2, as I think it's a bit too subtle for those less observant clients.

3) I'd really like to have the ability to offer downloads of the videos within a portfolio view like on the Video Review page, so it would be great to have some of that functionality available to switch on for each film too.

4) I'm a little confused by the terminology "Storage" when it seems like it is actually "Upload" as if I have uploaded a preview film, and then deleted it when it is no longer relevant, it doesn't reflect in my Storage counter as a drop, so I can only assume this is purely upload, but like I said this isn't exactly clear. I can understand you wanting to limit uploading as I know this will be a drain in your servers, but it would be good if there was some reward / incentive to keep the server's clear of old / defunct videos and server size down by giving back at least part of the Upload allowance when old films are deleted?

Anyway, loving it and it's really of benefit to my business.

Thanks

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

1. We've already removed this.

2. Sounds like a possible bug. Thanks for letting us know. We will look into it.

3. It's being considered for future iteration of portfolio.

4. Thanks for your suggestion. We will try to improve our language regarding storage/upload to make it more clear to the users.

Dogs Can Fly Content Co.

Dogs Can Fly Content Co. PRO

Hey guys, I wish to suggest something: you guys could add a index/organize button into "My Portifolios" creation area.
For instance, we work for a publicity film production company and we have films from all of our directors uploaded on Vimeo, and sometimes we have to mount specific portifolios to agencies when they ask us to do it. For example, a agency ask us to present a portifolio with all films we made about cars... I wish to have a index where I could just type "cars" when I am creating a new "portifolio" and then I can add those car's films to a specific portifolio. Other similar example, we need to make a portifolio with all films from the director Ricardo, so I could just type Ricardo and I will see all films from this director and just add the films I wish to the portifolio I am creating.
Could you add this tool on Vimeo PRO?
We use to use a tool named "Wiredrive" (wiredrive.com) that is a fantastic tool for the publicity market where you can organize, index, add specific keywords to the videos, make portifolios and send really protected portifolios to your client... but this is a veeeery expensive tool. We are a Wiredrive user, but we wish to migrate all the services we do on wiredrive to Vimeo PRO. There is also a tool that the person cannot just forward the link of this portifolio... the client will receive a HTML message with access to the portifolio, and the only way to forward it is through a button named "FORWARD" that comes into the HTML message body. When the client view this portifolio, the Wiredrive advise me that the specific e-mail from the client just saw the portifolio... also if the client forward the portifolio, the wiredrive also advise me that the client forwarded it to some specific e-mail.
Please guys, help us improving this on Vimeo Pro...

Choice Video Services, Inc.

Choice Video Services, Inc.

Had this Question on the other forum and was directed by Ian to post it here as a functionality request. Basically, love the pro product and the porfolio's. What I would love to see however is the ability to insert HTML links in the page so they can be more seamlessly used/integrated with other websites as demo pages. Right now I can send users off from my website to the portfolio page but there is no easy way for them to "get back" to my website. Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This is one of the areas we are interested in improving. The risk, however, is quite real since, the more you allow on the portfolio the more it could lead to misuse and problems we cannot support on individual basis. However, yes, we are considering this.

Squaredog & Roundcat

Squaredog & Roundcat PRO

Thanks for putting me back to Vimeo Plus mode for now. I would appreciate knowing when the suggested changes if any (detailed about by other users posts) are implemented as I would certainly like to upgrade to pro again - but not until its fully developed and looking a wee bit more 'pro' than than it is currently.

Any chance of more editable templates than the limited one currently available? maybe font sizes etc?

Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor

Hi, in the PRO FAQ it says:

-Full mobile, tablet and connected TV compatibility

Does that include Windows Phone 7. I know videos at vimeo don't play on WP7, but that statement made me think maybe the videos associated with PRO accounts will.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, there's no difference between PRO and Plus account in terms of the breadth of mobile video compatibility. WP7 isn't supported yet.

JaegerSloan Studio

JaegerSloan Studio PRO

Hey There, we have been creating portfolios to share with our clients, and they seem to be having trouble after they input the password.. Some kind of odd error has anyone else experienced this?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Not that we're aware of. Can you find out what the errors were -or- even if they can post a screenshot somewhere so we can take a look?

Lightspeed

Lightspeed PRO

- Add an entire Album to portfolio? Say you have 100 videos in an Album, when you create a portfolio, you have to sort through 100's of thumbnails with no description and add it to the portfolio. Nightmare.

- View an Album as portfolio?

- Add a video to a portfolio from the video page itself. Why can't we do this?

- Add the ability to categorize videos on a portfolio page.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I think this is a good idea. We will consider it next time we iterate the portfolio. Thanks.

Stillman Productions

Stillman Productions Plus

First off I would like to thank all of you there on the vimeo staff for putting together such a useful tool for all of us out here. It is a true blessing to have this available to us and that you provide us the means for commercial use. I know my opinions are like a drop in the hat and that you all are very busy with previously conceived thoughts and ideas, but I believe I have a few ideas that you may want to consider. You may already have these things in the works, if so never mind me. Anyhow, I am a plus customer and my number of videos are growing. In the near future, say the next three years, I will potentially have thousands of videos. It would be really slick if there were a way to have folders that worked just like, say windows or mac os, to catagorize personal videos, to keep them in order rather than have them in chronological order or alphabetical. It would give the end user more power to find his/her content based on their own order :) I also want to say that I am really liking the hubnut widget. The problem is that I can't use it. My website is a membership tutorial site and some of my videos and content are protected. It would be super cool if the user could customize the hubnut widget to only play certain videos. For instance I host a series of videos for balloon twisting beginners. It has around 10 videos or so and I love how the hubnut widget condenses them all into a small area. Maybe you could incorporate the idea of categorizing the videos, as I mentioned before, along with making the widget customizable. Let's say you've got your videos categorized to your liking, it would be super slick if you could drop a particular folder right into the widget and the widget would only play those particular videos. I know we all think we've got the greatest ideas, but some are truly great. Anyhow, Great job you are all doing
url: http://click.balloonmaster.com

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

• Have you considered using albums to organize your videos? • You can already create a hubnut widget from albums, channels, etc.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Under Faq I read
"How do I use a third-party player with Vimeo PRO?

To access your third-party link, go to your video settings page and select the Video File tab. The available video files are listed under “Use your own player.”

Can I set a third-party player for all videos under my account?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes you can, but you will have to set them individually.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

hi, it's not very helpfull. In the future?
Sincerly I don't have understood how it work. Under Video file --> Use your own player PRO --> Standard Def must I change the first part of the URL player.vimeo.com/external with my player address.
And is this the complete URL to my video with my own player?
If I click on save change and after I go back I still have player.vimeo.com/external/.....

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Those URLs are the link to the media files you can use when you are using your own third party player.

Caspar Below

Caspar Below

so is it a swf link you'd get to plug into your 3rd party player?

7 Billion Actions

7 Billion Actions

I am creating multiple portfolios. Is it possible to create a landing page where users can see displayed a list of the portfolios and pick which one to go to?

7 Billion Actions

7 Billion Actions

Just to clarify, the landing page would have a design theme just like a portfolio, but instead of seeing a selection of the videos, you would see the portfolios.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Is it possible to mask the vimeo CDN. In the past I use this feature with other competitor with a CNAME. Maybe I would like to extend the Custom: http under porfolio or better this feature for all video

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

If you are referring to the URLs of our CDN address appearing in the link to the media files... sorry but no. You cannot mask them.

North River Church of Christ

North River Church of Christ PRO

When editing a Portfolio I keep getting the following message. "Sorry, this action could not be completed because it appears your form session has expired. Please return to the previous page and try again."
I have logged out and back in and tried with IE or Firefox but getting the same message. The Portfolio Settings functionality appears to be broken. Please advise! Thanks!, Jim C

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. It sounds like it might be related to cookies. Can you try deleting your browser cookies and see if that helps?

HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer PRO

Save-able Portfolio 'Theme' changes?

I've seen one or two related requests, but it would make a lot of sense to be able to save the modifications you make to a portfolio theme.

I mainly want to customize the theme once (upload my logo, change some colors, etc.), and then just be able to save and reload that same template every time I put together a portfolio.

Currently I need to cut and paste web colors, re-upload a logo, and paste in some CSS each time I do a portfolio.

As an addition to that, If there were a way to expand the theme library, and even open it up so people could upload shareable themes, that'd be a good addition.

Thanks much.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, this was talked about before. We agree this is a good idea. We will consider it.

Thomas Laauwe

Thomas Laauwe

I see on the FAQ that Vimeo PRO supports third-party players, and I do not have Vimeo PRO yet. I'm wondering if Vimeo PRO supports direct RTMP streaming of FLV videos we would post on Vimeo PRO, while using Flash's built-in "FLVPlayback" component (CS3) or other popular players/components like JWPlayer? What are the options if any for RTMP streaming with Vimeo PRO?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I will try to find out more about RTMP support from our engineers but I can tell you now that ALL videos uploaded to vimeo are transcoded into MP4, so none of your media files here will be in FLV format.

Guitarparty.com

Guitarparty.com

Any news on RTMP streaming? We are very interested in PRO but we need to be able to use external players and seek in the videos in realtime...

Guitarparty.com

Guitarparty.com

Also, iff RTMP streaming is not possible, could you provide HTTP Pseudostreaming?

Jason Hallows

Jason Hallows Plus

Hello,
I went Pro. So far so good, but I was wondering. Is there a way to create a link between portfolios? So that you can have a 'work' page and a 'short film' page but have them linked so that someone could easily click between them? Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Have you consider simply linking to one another via the portfolio's description field?

Bombo Sports & Entertainment

Bombo Sports & Entertainment PRO

can there be a way to change the website that the custom logo links to. So if i had a main page they could click on my logo at the top of the portfolio and be sent to the main index landing page

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We've consider that but decided not to for now. We thought it was simply too risky for normal users since most users expect the logo to return them to the portfolio home page, and without it, there's no way to return to the portfolio home page.

yeah except for the 3 portfolio templates that have no need to return to the main page because the videos always play in the page it just reloads the page. This is a big issue right now for us. I feel like giving the professional (who the service is intended for) that choice would be a huge addition.

ijoomla

ijoomla PRO

Why don't you just make it an option on settings? Seems easy to me.

Caspar Below

Caspar Below

has anybody used Vimeo Pro with the 3rd party player yet? I'm curious to see what the streaming link looks like

Jake

Jake

Can multiple people from one organization post content to a Pro account?

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

We don't yet support multiple log in to the same account yet but we hope to offer it in future iteration of the product. For now, you will have to share your log in information with other people you want to give access to.

it would be great if we could change the background for the password page, or atleast add a logo somewhere. any chance of this coming soon?

adidas miCoach

adidas miCoach

Is there any way I can affect the size of the theme player in my portfolio? I want to open the portfolio as a pop-up and would prefer it to be a bit smaller.
Also, can I get the featured video to play automatically?

ijoomla

ijoomla PRO

Yes, it would be good to allow us to control the size of the videos and the thumbnails, as well as how many rows and columns show up on the page.

Conference Report

Conference Report

I had a Pro account with over 100 videos on it which was deleted without notice for an specified violation of the terms of service. This has caused me significant inconvenience, not least because I was also the moderator of a lively group which now has no way of appointing another moderator. This is the kind of action which, if taken at all, needs to be prefaced by some warning.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Fred. First, can you post this to our help forum so that's looked at by our help staff? vimeo.com/help/forum

When you do, can you please post the URL to the account in question so they can look into your case?

WeddingCompass.com

WeddingCompass.com PRO

We'd like to create an embedded playlist of 5 or more videos (within one player) for a viewer to be able to scroll through and play all, or each individual video. Is the PRO account able to provide this to us?

ijoomla

ijoomla PRO

Hi guys,

I see a BIG usability issue with the navigation of the portfolios. I sent my employee a portfolio with about 30 videos, he did NOT see that there are additional pages after the first one for a whole week, till I told him (he asked me how come some videos were missing, but they were simply on the second and third page).

No one can see these little dots at the bottom, this is too subtle and not standard way of navigation. It makes the portfolios feature useless and even dangerous, since you expect people to see there are more videos but they just don't see it.

Example:seo.ijoomla.com/videos/

The 3 dots at the bottom look more like decoration than navigation.

Please use Please use "BACK 1 2 3 NEXT >>" navigation.

WeddingCompass.com

WeddingCompass.com PRO

Hi All!
We know the world is used to Google paging (bottom, so that it forces viewers to scroll and consider viewing the results provided) Vimeo Dev Staff, you may also consider that one way to let people know that there are additional pages is by providing an "I" info pop up at the top right to tell them about the additional pages and the procedure (scroll down) that there are additional pages. Or, consider doing a top right navigation paging tool as well so viewers realize that there is paging... Our 2 cents. =)

Filmic Productions

Filmic Productions PRO

Hi there. Could a PRO portfolio support downloading source videos? We have been delivering formats of videos to clients via Vimeo and it would be awesome is they could download the sources from the 'Screening Room' portfolios we have setup instead of the standard Vimeo video page.
Thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, this was mentioned by few other users as well and we will consider it for the next update.

WeddingCompass.com

WeddingCompass.com PRO

I really believe that the PRO area needs it's own FORUM. Frustrated as to why we have not seen any comments to our posts in over a week make's me believe that this area is not watched as often as it could be. We look forward to hearing from you Vimeo Pro Staff. Many Thanks we love the great quality encoded video you are outputting.

Animate Projects

Animate Projects Plus

It'd be great if you could set videos to loop via the individual settings page rather than through embedding. It's a function we could do with for a few of our videos and not something we would do to every one we've uploaded on Vimeo.

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

For us as an organization, we are seeing there needs to be a tween account. Where we can upload more, and have say a Channel that doesn't have adds on it. The Portfolio page is a fail for us. We would rather be able to pay more, and not have adds on our channel or album page. We never put outside vids on our albums.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

That's a bug. Ads shouldn't be showing up on your channel. Thanks for letting us know. I've submitted a bug report and we will fix this quickly.

WeddingCompass.com

WeddingCompass.com PRO

BUG REPORT - IMPORTANT
(Can anyone else replicate this bug out there?)

Issue: USING "PRIVACY AREA" in video settings for the specific videos..... to set a video to play Domain Specific for embedding. Safari on Mac and PC are stopping the video playback.
Embedding a video on our website and restricting use to only our domain: WeddingCompass.com

tool: Video settings page
"Where can this video be embedded" feature was set to

our domain: WeddingCompass.com (video PRIVACY settings page for specific video)

Customer reported that they could not view the video we made and uploaded for them to their Profile Page on our website, WeddingCompass.com

They were using Safari.

I could watch the video on their Profile page using Firefox 4 when the "Where can this video be embedded" feature was set to our domain: WeddingCompass.com

I can further confirm for myself that SAFARI on PC and MAC are not allowing the video to play through when set to be domain specific embed.

CHROME AND IE 8 all will allow the video to load and display.

THE ERROR MESSAGE ON SCREEN:
"Sorry, the creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain. This is a Vimeo Plus Feature."

Here's a link to the weddingcompass the Profile Page: (Click the "Video" button in the nav next to "about" to load/view the video.
.com/ServiceDetails.cfm?ID=1437

Currently, so the video can be seen by Safari users on MAC and PC we have set the video setting to:
Where can this video be embedded?
Anywhere

Further, if you'd like to test it yourself please feel free using my account, I assume you have full access?

This is a VERY IMPORTANT bug to have your team review.

I reviewed this page for logged errors but had not success:
vimeo.com/faq/pro

So now I am contacting your team of experts at Vimeo.

This issue is not addressed or documented anywhere and I cannot find a tech-support phone # or email so I am guessing. I hope you get this in the correct dept. If not, please send ASAP to correct dept.

Please provide me a phone and email for your tech support....

Thanks,
TECHSUPPORT@WeddingCompass.com

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. I've noticed that the link you wanted us to take a look at above is broken. Also, can you repost this thread in the help forum for so it gets looked at by our community support staff? vimeo.com/help/forum

XYZ

XYZ PRO

Is there an easy way for pro users to duplicate one portfolio and its custom css/formatting/imagery instead of redoing it each time?

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Not at this time. But if you save the CSS, you should be able to replicate it.

Josh Glaser

Josh Glaser PRO

Feature Request... I'm a freelance editor and I'd like to be able to use vimeo pro to create my entire site... the only thing that is missing is the ability to create static pages like for a resume or list of clients... I think there are a lot of people out there like me, who want a series of portfolio pages and then one or two other pages with some sort of simple text templage...

After that, another good feature would be some sort of navigation that can be added to each portfolio and allows you to navigate between various portfolios (and these static information pages I'm suggesting)

Thanks!

Josh

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Yes, static pages is one of the suggestions from our PRO users we are considering. There's some challenging issues (eg. what page elements to be supported and potential security issues with it) but we hope we can offer it in the future.

Josh Glaser

Josh Glaser PRO

To start simple, a list of credits / resume page that the user populates from a template that you provide would go a long away... literally every other freelance video editor/producer/shooter/etc that I know has a web page that is a series of portfolios and a list of credits/resume... if you could make a one stop shop for that sort of thing it would be really great! Thanks!

Josh

Josh Glaser

Josh Glaser PRO

Is there a way to create a link to other portfolios(or other webpages for that matter) in the portfolio description field without displaying the entire url? it would be good to be able to include a basic link...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but no, the description field only accepts URLs for now. We will keep your suggestion in mind and see if we can allow some basic HTML tags in the future.

Eric Collins

Eric Collins

RTMP/E please. I'm desperate to find a solution that will provide a more secure environment from my videos. Any idea when this might be available?

The Berkeley Carroll School

Is it possible to get timestamp links to work on a portfolio page? Or any way to make them clickable/copyable links. Thanks!

Andrea Allen

Andrea Allen PRO

• What exactly do you mean by timestamp? Do you mean the upload time display on the portfolio page under the video title? • If so, do you mean it should link back to the video clip page? We decided not to do so because, by default, all PRO users' videos are hidden from vimeo.com and visitors cannot get to it.

I'd like to be able to link to different parts of a video, like different speakers in a meeting, with a timestamp link (like 4:00). These links work on video pages but not on portfolio pages.

Harmony Starr

Harmony Starr

I am nearly sold on switching to Pro except for one thing:
It would be worth it for me if, for a given video, you can post a few different file formats for a client to download. For instance, say I upload a .mov and then Vimeo converts it to the formats it needs to play on different devices. What if those formats were made available for download instead of just the original file. I often have clients who want an .mp4 so they can play it on their ipad but the only file type they can download here is the .mov that I uploaded even though online my video will play on the ipad on Vimeo. They should be able to download an .mp4 so they could play it offline as well. Right now we offer this by uploading the file types on our own website and offering them for download and then using the embedded Vimeo player on the same page. But it would be great if with a Pro account we could manage everything from within Vimeo. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Harmony Starr

Harmony Starr

for Pro users only or for Plus too? How does that work? When I look on Settings>Video File I see "Alternate Versions" but I don't see where I (or a viewer) could get access to those. Thanks.

Ghost Town Media

Ghost Town Media PRO

It would be great to have a download option for videos posted in a portfolio, so if the client wanted to keep a version locally we wouldn't need to upload and send a separate file.

Neon

Neon PRO

Two feature requests:

1. Please make the Video Review pages editable in the same way that Portfolio pages are. The defaults are not pretty.
2. Any chance of having timecode based commenting?

Thank you ...

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

1. The review page was not built with showcasing your video in mind and I don't think it will offer visual customization features.
  2. No, that's not a feature we are considering at this time.
Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Hi Soxian
Soxiam staff 3 months ago
"...................
Sorry, but you cannot store original files somewhere else. I mean you can do that on your own of course, but we can automatically arrange that for you.
...................." at Amazon S3

Now I need to this. Can you contact me to do this

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sorry but this still isn't an option for us. You need to upload videos to vimeo first.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

yes of course, I need to trasfer the original files from Vimeo to my S3 bucket. So I can delete them from Vimeo.
This is what you told me that you can automatically arrange for me

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Sure, you can download the video (the download link is on your video clip page) and then delete the video from vimeo.

We don't have anything automatic set up for this. I don't recall telling you this is an option. Can you point to where I said that?

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Check my post (3 months ago):

Pet Mania TV pro 3 months ago Delete / Edit
"Vimeo PRO gives you 50 GB of upload space" You count the original files or the transcoded files.

Is It possibile to store the original file under my Amazon S3 account ?
"Vimeo PRO gives you 50 GB of upload space" You count the original files or the transcoded files. Is It possibile to store the original file under my Amazon S3 account ?
or cancel
Pet Mania TV pro 3 months ago Delete / Edit
sorry an other question:
On your faq I read "Vimeo PRO gives you unlimited on-site plays and up to 250,000 embed Plays" What's mean on-site? on my site? on Vimeo site? or on my custom domain with my Vimeo PRO Portfolio?
...and again under What you get I read "50GB of storage, 250k plays (additional space and plays can be added)" So this mean that I have "only" 250,000
sorry an other question: On your faq I read "Vimeo PRO gives you unlimited on-site plays and up to 250,000 embed Plays" What's mean on-site? on my site? on Vimeo site? or on my custom domain with my Vimeo PRO Portfolio? ...and again under What you get I read "50GB of storage, 250k plays (additional space and plays can be added)" So this mean that I have "only" 250,000
or cancel
Soxiam staff 3 months ago
First, we only count the file size of your original source files uploaded.

On-site = on vimeo.com.

Correct, you get only 250,000 embed plays with PRO after which you will need to purchase extra plays.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

> Sorry, but you cannot store original files somewhere else. I mean you can do that on your own of course, but we can automatically arrange that for you.

I'm waiting an answer. Thanks

Tafe ICT

Tafe ICT

Really really really need there to be a download option from within a portfolio. Super annoying and ugly to have to provide a link to the review page.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We're considering this feature for the next release.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

is it possible to have support with email, helpdesk, etc?
This post is so frustrating

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

thanks, I have sent a message 3 or 4 days ago but I don't have an anwer as well as my previous post

Paolo Drusi

Paolo Drusi

Hi, once I'll switch to PRO will I be able to show on my website a video 950x300 without black bands?

thank you
Paolo

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You can embed your videos at whatever size you want. This feature is not something that's only available to our PRO users.

Mike C

Mike C

Hello, checking in again 3 months later - is there a playlist feature available yet? If not, do you have some suggestion for emulating a playlist? Or any examples of anyone using a 3rd party playlist player with Vimeo Pro? Thanks!!

Mike C

Mike C

I just looked at hubnut. While it's certainly cool, it won't work for what I need. I don't want to have people needing to pass by each chapter to get to the one they need. Also, I just read something in this thread about hubnut only working for public videos anyways..

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

I'm waiting a feedback on this forum and by email. I sent some emails to helpdesk but I don't have an answer

Frost & Sullivan

Frost & Sullivan PRO

A couple of nice features recently seen on a competing service:

* Calls to Action
* Chaptering
* Realtime Analytics

Henrik

Henrik

Hi,
Is there a way for portfolio pages not to have same default portfolio title? I'm talking about meta title for search engine purposes. For example, if my portfolio title is 'video cameras' and I've many portfolio pages featuring different cameras and reviews, and I named/titled those pages accordingly, the meta title for all those pages stays the same and therefore search engines can not find my specifically targeted pages/products because all they see over and over is 'video cameras' :-(
css edit?
maybe that feature is coming soon?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks. We will try to improve this in the next version.

Studio Tinto

Studio Tinto PRO

Howdy,

[Feature Request]

Since you can associate flickr images with each video wouldn't it be nice to have the option to include that as part of a video page in a portfolio?

Also creating additional pages would be nice, I want to use this new account for my studio, so I'd like to have a people page, clients, things like that. Very basic text (html) based pages.

Thanks!

*Christmas hugs

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. We will keep in mind as we start reviewing improvements for the next version of portfolio.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

The search field will not show up when you have only one video in portfolio.

Alex Amelines

Alex Amelines

Well that's just very clever, and I'm not.
Thanks very much.

SDMS

SDMS PRO

Hi, I would like to formally request the ability to be able to globally set permissions for downloading for all videos in Vimeo Pro...Request sent.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Thanks for your suggestion. I assume you are referring to the ability to download videos from the video review page? If so, yes, we will try to add that as a global option in the future.

SDMS

SDMS PRO

That was exactly what I was referring to. Thanks!

JK Films | Seattle

JK Films | Seattle

Hi Pro Gang,

For the Minimalist theme would you please add a Google+ +1 button. Thx.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

We will consider it for the next iteration.

brian egert

brian egert

Hello! I'm very happy to see vimeo pro!

I will be using vimeo pro to host videos on my subscription based website. The embedded videos will only show up if someone is a member to my website. However, once a member, what stops them from looking at the page source and copying the video url?

I would like to make sure that people can ONLY see the video if they are on looking at it on my website. Can this be done with vimeo pro? A yes or no answer will be fine, thanks!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

You can use the domain level privacy option available to our PRO users to control where you allow the embedded videos to show up.

Academy Class

Academy Class PRO

I need to be able to create sets of videos as so of my Portfolio may have two to three hundred video's so I need to be able to categorise them into Albums from the portfolio page.

I've read it's on the to-do list but just so as I know where I stand with clients are we talking weeks or Months on Albums in Portfolios?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Albums within portfolio is something we are considering for the next iteration of portfolios. We don't comment on the release time frame of active or future projects but I think it's reasonable to assume that it will be some time next year.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

I post again this after 22 days "I'm waiting a feedback on this forum and by email. I sent some emails to helpdesk but I don't have an answer". Is Pro service and support still active?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Just to clarify, hosting your videos somewhere else other than vimeo.com is NOT an option and we don't foresee offering that as an option in the future. I've tried to reiterate this above but I suspect you are misunderstanding my point.

Once again, all of your videos must reside on vimeo.com. You cannot host your videos somewhere else. And we do not offer tools that allow you to do so.

Pet Mania TV

Pet Mania TV PRO

Just to clarify I know and I have understood and I don't ask to host my videos out of Vimeo, but in a pre-sales post I asked if it was possible to transfer (after Vimeo encoding or when my space was full) the original files to my S3 Bucket, just for a backup. YOU told me that "I mean you can do that on your own of course, but we can automatically arrange that for you".
This sentence "but we can automatically arrange that for you" It was one of main reason to choose Vimeo Pro, becasue Otherwise I should upload agian the original files on my S3 bucket .
So just to clarify what's you mean with "but we can automatically arrange that for you".Thanks for your answer

scott-eaton.com

scott-eaton.com PRO

You need to make more secure streaming available to Pro users. It is just too easy to steal videos with downloadHelper.

Something like RTSP streaming would go a long way to making Vimeo Pro a more secure option for business that don't want their videos ending up on torrent sites.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

This is one of the unfortunate realities of videos on the web. There really isn't a way to block these third party apps from hijacking media files from video player, not just ours but any video player.

It's not strictly the streaming protocol related either as far as we know. Once the media file is playing inside a player, then it can be accessed (and downloaded) via a third party app.

SamSari

SamSari PRO

Hi!

I'd really like to be able to save a portfolio setting and make it the default one, so I don't have to make the same adjustments and past the same CSS into each new portfolio I make. Is that possible?

Thanks!

American HealthTech

American HealthTech PRO

We are considering Vimeo Pro for streaming our customer tutorials. We have a fair number of videos and a size-able customer base, so I am concerned about the 250,000 embedded plays. With the "Video Review" page, would that count as one of our 250,000 views? If not, is it possible post a link to the Video Review page on our website?

Storyteller Films

Storyteller Films PRO

Hi A question for Staff. Does VimeoPro have a level of privacy where a link can be shared amongst people but it is otherwise invisible to the general public unless someone shares a link with a certain person?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

PRO users have what's known as a video review page. By default their videos are all private and not indexed on vimeo but they can send out a link to this video review page to share with anyone they wish.

LBGroupe

LBGroupe PRO

Hi there,

just starting using Vimeo Pro today, and I wanted to know if with the "Carriage Ride" portfolio there is a way to navigate between different video without having to come back to the home page each time you want to see the next video. Is it possible to add outro at the end with recommendation to watch next video (as on the embed opton)

Justin Dickinson

Justin Dickinson Staff

Hi Lionel,

That's a good point regarding that theme, it could be easier to get from video to video. I'll add that to the list of theme updates! Thanks.

N.N.

N.N. Plus

1. Happy New Year !

2. Okay, since years now I'm waiting for a cool content management / file organiser.

Exampel: I deleted by mistake all my albums (because as far I hide all vid from Vimeo, the hole structure gets lost (??!!)

Now I have to create albums again choosing one video after the other - no batch possible! This part of the Vimeo UI stays very pure for a long time ...

3. What about having a list for feature requests we could voting on ?!

This is a kind of a must I think and it would save a lot of work for both sides - what do You think, VIMEO!?

White Nile Media

White Nile Media Plus

Share, Like, Embed, or Watch now buttons do not appear in the Portfolio view. I have the "Show Share Button" enabled in the Portfolio settings. Click on any video in this portfolio to preview:
vimeopro.com/richardbangs/western-ireland

Is this a bug? I would like at least Share and Embed visible. Thanks!

Mark McCoin

Mark McCoin Plus

This sounds like what I'm looking for. I am currently a Plus member. Is there any price reduction for those of us upgrading from plus to pro? I see the $139 figure, but perhaps it's no longer valid.
Thanks!

Coretex

Coretex Plus

I just signed up to PRO, but my account doesn't seem to have been upgraded. Do I just need to wait a bit as account history page says I'm a basic user, but lists my upgrades to PRO)

Ableton Liveschool

Ableton Liveschool PRO

Please accept my vote for the following features:

- ability to duplicate portfolios or save portfolio templates

- a way to compile videos (such as a series) into category tags or folders to allow dragging-dropping into portfolios

- a way to update content or layout of multiple portfolios at once

Ignite Media Works

Ignite Media Works PRO

Hi Team Vimeo,

I'm looking at buying Pro for my company and I have a question about the video review pages.

Can these pages live as extensions of our custom domain ie. example.com/videos/adkfadfaf121344

It's important that we be able to share individual videos utilizing links that feature our custom domain and that at the same time we are able to password protect the portfolio and not allow clients to see our other work for other clients.

Ataboy

Ataboy PRO

Is there a way to save customization to portfolios so it's consistent with any new portfolios created ?

Slanted Studios

Slanted Studios Plus

I added a new video while in the new Vimeo, and I couldn't change my role from "Creator" to anything else. I had to switch back to old Vimeo to change it to "Director"

Södermalmskyrkan

Södermalmskyrkan PRO

I would like to be able to add a link to our website on the portfolios.
Is that possible?

Garry Crowfoot

Garry Crowfoot

Hi,
With a Vimeo Pro account, is it possible to have a video play automatically when a viewer visits a web page, or does the viewer have to click to play?
Thanks for your help,
Garry

PublicSpace.ac.uk

PublicSpace.ac.uk Plus

Hi In Vimeo Plus I have the problem that Google shows video descriptions with the wrong video, so it mixes up projects. That is a serious problem, and I assume it is because the videos all appear on the same list page. With Pro, is it possible to separate the projects and groups of videos, so that they do not appear together?

Reynolds Pest Management, Inc.

Reynolds Pest Management, Inc. PRO

Even though you disable show embed code, it can still be extracted from the site where the video resides by right clicking on the video :-(

MILK Tailor Made Books

MILK Tailor Made Books PRO

We have hd videos in our vimeo pro account but on the homepage of our site we only have space for 818x460 which is fine but the thumbnail being served is such bad quality (even with a high quality uploaded image as thumb) we cant use it as it ruins the homepage. Is there any way around this?

Wandering Minds

Wandering Minds

Hi, I'm going to be uploading a number of free public videos (no more than one a week) & a number of private videos. I don't really want the public videos eating up my allotted views as I don't have a huge budget, but I'd like the free videos associated with the same account - is the only way to achieve this to sign up for two separate accounts or are Pro features given 'on top of' the features you get on free accounts (ie in the same way Dropbox gives you 50gb of space on top of any space you earned as a free user)?

Wandering Minds

Wandering Minds

Apologies - I did check the FAQ but guess I was too hasty - was checking for something else and found my answer :)

Hauger Golfshop

Hauger Golfshop

Is it possible to enable direct linking to a video in our pro account ?

We do not need our videos to be public on vimeo but it would be great if we could share a direct link to our videos. We actually like our videos to be easily shared.

If someone tries to play vimeo.com/42029056 directly they now get a "page not found" error page, it would be great if it could be played when using this direct link.

Maybe we can get an optional "share video button" on the pro player ?

Sahaja Yoga Meditation

Sahaja Yoga Meditation PRO

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade from Plus to PRO on the Vimeo PRO / Checkout page. After selecting the payment method and clicking Place Order, I'm not redirected to the next stage but remain on the Vimeo PRO / Checkout page. I've checked the form for any errors but all is ok. Any suggestions?

Sahaja Yoga Meditation

Sahaja Yoga Meditation PRO

Hi, problem solved! Had to de-activate 'Auto renewal' on my account before the purchase upgrade could be processed.

Shikaya

Shikaya PRO

how do i edit the settings on a portfolio? i go to portfolios, but anything i click on goes straight to a USER view... help

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the thumbnail on the Portfolios page.

KaVo Kerr Group

KaVo Kerr Group

Hello,

I manage multiple business units and they're interested in their very own Vimeo Pro account. Is is possible to create multiple Vimeo Pro account under the same email address?

Thank you

Agence J2

Agence J2 PRO

Hi,
I have a portfolio and I want to upload a custom background and a custom logo.
What are the best size and format that I need to upload it?

Many Thanks.

DFP TV

DFP TV PRO

Regarding the Review Pages, it seems we don't get an Email notification when a client posts a comment on a video, even though I have my settings to receive Emails about comments. I'm guessing this doesn't apply to the review pages, is that right? This would be a useful feature for getting client approval and feedback. Currently I have to keep checking the review pages for comments.
Also it would be useful if Emails could go to additional Email addresses on our account, not just the main one.