Andie's Isle

Andie's Isle Plus

I am receiving messages from MAC users who say that when they visit my web page they are receiving a message from vimeo that they are not allowed to see this video.

My privacy setting is set to "anyone" can view.

I have embedded the code to my web page - and my domain name is entered to allow embedding at my website.

Can you help?

Thanks - Andie

Link: andiesisle.com/letgoletgod.html

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi Andie, your video played properly for me on Mac. Do you know what browser they were using and what version of that browser?

Andie's Isle

Andie's Isle Plus

Hi Sam,

Thanks for replying. The few people I have heard from are using "Safari" but I don't know what version. Sorry. I can try to find out from them if you need to know.

Hopefully, the problem will be short-lived, if it is Safari related.

Thanks again for replying.
Andie

Cliff Ravenscraft

Cliff Ravenscraft Plus

I am very interested in the response to this.

Though I am a MAC user and and the embedded videos that are limited to by domain work perfect in both the Chrome and FireFox browser for the Mac.

It's just Safari that is all of a sudden getting this message saying that "the creator of this video has not given you permission to embed it on this domain."

I hope that this is just a temporary glitch that will be worked out. It's always worked up till now.

I'll watch to see how this thread plays out.

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi Cliff, can you link us to the video/embed you're referring to?

Cliff Ravenscraft

Cliff Ravenscraft Plus

It's on any video that is embedded from Vimeo with domain restriction. So look at Andie's Isle video up there. It works in Chrome & Firefox, but not in Safari.

Here's a video to help you diagnose:
share.gspn.tv/9z84

Mark

Mark Staff

This is a limitation of Safari and the old flash embed code. If you change the embed code to our iframe one, this should solve the issue.

Cliff Ravenscraft

Cliff Ravenscraft Plus

Yikes... I guess I have just added a three hour project to my to do list. ;)

Good thing I have an assistant who can do this for me.

Thanks for looking into this.. I'll get my sites updated as soon as possible.

Andie's Isle

Andie's Isle Plus

Thank you Sam, Mark, and Cliff.

That was an easy fix.......

Have a great day!
Andie

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.