volto

volto

I get this message on every video, regardless of browser, tried FF5, Chrome, and IE8. Every once in a while one will load. Tried clearing cache, rebooting, disabling plugins/antivirus, no change.

Chel Ramsey

Chel Ramsey

Having the same issue. I am uploading videos from Camtasia Stuidos in web format. Any help?

Yee Narm Ho

Yee Narm Ho

i can't view anything! whats wrong with vimeo? any solution? i have a new mac pro everything is updated!!!???

Link: vimeo.com/25806086

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, can you please update your Flash player to the current version? Are you experiencing this issue in all browsers?

Authorized User

Authorized User

I'm so tired of this happening and not being able to fix it, that I am canceling my plus account.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hello, sorry about that. Can you link me to the video you are having trouble with?

Authorized User

Authorized User

ALL videos. I watch one, and it works. Then any others, and I mean ALL others cannot be watched.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Oh I see. Are you running any add-ons with Firefox? These can often cause the issues that you are describing.

volto

volto

Canned answers, and ignoring the original post. Fail.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Volto, sorry about that, this is happening on every single video on Vimeo for you? In Chrome, if you switch to the HTML5 player does it still occur?

volto

volto

Thanks for the reply Mark. Yes this problem is with every video. Tried html5 player in chrome and it doesn't work either, but just displays a black screen instead of the "Oops" message.

volto

volto

No answer? This appears to be affecting a lot of people, seems like it should get more attention. I noticed the videos for download are hosted on Amazon S3, and I am unable to download videos too, so maybe it is a problem with Amazon or vimeo CDN?

Mark

Mark Staff

What happens when you try to download videos? Also, where are you located geographically?

volto

volto

I am located in Colorado. Page times out when trying to download videos. Are there any known issues with Level3 communications? They provide backbone to the WISP I use. Thanks.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Sergey, it looks like your video is up. Sorry for the trouble.

Rodrigo Moraes

Rodrigo Moraes

I'm having the same issue, with all videos in the website and embedded, the problem persists in all browsers, IE, Chrome, Firefox, all shockwave elements are updated, I have already tried clearing cache, cookies, and everything from "the beginning of time" like it says in Chrome, and no fix. Every extension enabled in Chrome was disabled and the problem persists, it is not Adblock. Very rarely a single video will play.

Could it have something to do with Java?

More specifications off the top of my head: restarting doesn't help, F5 nor ctrl+F5 help, the progress bar on videos immediately shows like it finished loading (as if the video file size was 0kB), the problem persists regardless of Flash or HTML5 players, I have literally ran out of specifications.

Just remembered: usually the video screen turns black and the progress bar seems to have loaded completely in 1 second, but if you click on the HD button, it will show an "Oops! There was a problem loading this video" screen. I just now tried turning on and off every option you get by right clicking on the video before playing it and it still didn't work.

And my location is Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hello, sorry for the trouble. It looks like you are using an older version of Firefox, could you try updating to the current version? Because you mentioned that this is occurring in IE and Chrome as well, this may in fact not be browser related. Have you tried resetting your internet connection?

Rodrigo Moraes

Rodrigo Moraes

Hey, Ian, I usually just use Chrome, I posted that question from Firefox because In was testing other browsers at the time. It is not my connection. It is not Firefox.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link us to a video with this problem? Do you have any antivirus software or a firewall running?

Rodrigo Moraes

Rodrigo Moraes

I'm on a DELL running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials and no external anti virus. Uh, there is a Dell Datasafe Local Backup program on which I think creates backups (I' at work so this isn't really my computer, I don't really know what it does).

Like I said it happens on all videos.

Mark

Mark Staff

Hi Doug, can you describe your issue?

Esteban Golubicki

Esteban Golubicki

same problem that most who write here. "Oppsss ...." I can not see any of my 10 videos. is there any solution or should I change site. is free and I can not claim anything, just want to know if there is solution. thank you very much.

Link: vimeo.com/user7760839/videos

Mark

Mark Staff

Have these ever worked or been played before? It looks like these failed transcoding months ago when you initially uploaded them. I suggest re-uploading them if that's the case.

Esteban Golubicki

Esteban Golubicki

yes. previously it worked just fine. but no problem, I will upload again.

Mark

Mark Staff

Please let us know if this happens again

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm trying to re-transcode this for you right now

Mark

Mark Staff

Looks like you've deleted this, are you still having trouble?

Chromatic Films

Chromatic Films Plus

Hello, some Safari users are unable to view our embedded videos. All was working fine until a few weeks ago. We have a Vimeo Plus account. Any ideas or fixes? (Upgrading browsers/plugings and clearing cache isn't really a solution for us, as it's a company website). thanks.

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you post a link to where they're being embedded?

Mark

Mark Staff

This may be an issue with prettyphoto. There's a bug in Safari where non-iframe embeds won't play. Using our iframe embed code is currently the only way to fix this - we hope Apple resolves this in their next Safari update.

aBfe-video

aBfe-video

600 Mb = 2h ! after 1 hour and 32% of uploading guess what ! 3 hours !!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.