Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

vimeo desktop uploader is under active development right now. we will announce it when it's ready to be released.

thomasalan

thomasalan

please make a video upload tool similiar to google video uploader program, you see everytime i try to upload via a browser i have probleums with my security software.

LeVeVe

LeVeVe

yeah.... me too....

Matthew Bell

Matthew Bell

I have problems too. It quits after about 130 MB.

sip-scootershop.com

sip-scootershop.com Plus

same for me. My upload keeps stopping after 15% what really sucks. Tried all afternoon now and am now uploading to google video...

Isoaxis

Isoaxis

Sure, I'll pile on for this one.

Matheus Siqueira

Matheus Siqueira

Same here, I have to upload around 300mb-400mb of video...

sillium

sillium

Browser upload fails in 90% of my attempts, totaly independent from file size or type. So I'd like an upload tool as well. (Safari 3, Mac)

kruzer

kruzer

There is yer problem... Safari and Mac :)

I have never, ever failed to upload from my PC.
Ever!
100% reliable to Vimeo. (true)
I wish everything else would be that reliable.

Joking aside, you may check your router/modem problems... DSL. All those can screw up an upload and stop. There are also your system level problem as well.

Let's look at it this way; if Vimeo upload would be that 'unreliable' then this collumn would have five thousands of replies.... or complaints.
So, look at your setup first.

Blackshear Place

Blackshear Place

Negative... Mac isn't the problem at all. :)

The real problem is probably safari not MAC. i'm uploading 600 to 800 MB files through FIREFOX and it works great on an old Mac Book Pro. Also, i've found that wireless is never a good way to go when uploading stuff... stick with wired, it Works, just like your cell drops call, wireless will drop packets.

and like Kruzer said, check settings on routers, security settings for your browser, check for updates (both Mac and Macromedia)

God Bless

hirze

hirze

I want an uploader too.

FlorianFelixKoch

FlorianFelixKoch

my upload keeps stopping at around 21 %
there's written
29,230KB of 144,528KB (6,423KB/s) 00:00:21 remaining
but nothing happens
can there be anything i do wrong? i would really like to upload my videos. please help

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

our flash-based uploader appears to be most stable on browsers running the latest version of flash plugin (v9.0.124). can you upgrade and see if that helps?

ArroNet

ArroNet

I have the same problem, upload stops at 20-30%, and it is just 55Mb.

here some info if they can help:
file compression: mpeg2
browser: firefox 3.0.1
connection: adsl

pls help :)

ArroNet

ArroNet

Hi, thanks for replying.
I installed Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124 and I tried a couple of times to upload the same video: it freezed at around 50% both of the times.
A friend of mine tried as well from his pc with the same video, but it didn't work either.
If you have some new idea i'll be glad to test it...

ArroNet

ArroNet

damn 75%... this time I really thought that it could make it...

FeMann

FeMann

it would be nice to have a tool, that does not need the browser running . . .

able to queue uploads and/or pause/resume uploads

FlorianFelixKoch

FlorianFelixKoch

everything okay
i forgot turning off my anti virus programme

Vidar Andersen

Vidar Andersen

Me=n.

I'm sometimes behind a proxy, and it seems the vimeo embedded upload interface / method does not play nice with it.

An upload interface / method that would work from behind a proxy would be very welcome.

Robbert Dam

Robbert Dam

Same here! I even made it to 98% !

Israel

Israel

Uploading tool will be a very nice feature especially if implemented with a resume mechanism

for me uploading = dead time as any thing i do on top of usually kill the upload :(

anyway nice option but i wont hold my breath for it as we probably wont going to get it.
almost all hosting sites that i know big & small don't implement it.

because working with browsers its easier then working with a tool for PC,mac,linux ... plus its one more hot on the site...

lakshman

lakshman

I also want a upload tool with a resume function

Zitun

Zitun

I CAN HAS UPLOADER TOO? (great idea)

Ministeve2003

Ministeve2003

I also want a upload tool with a resume function... I'm on a wireless setup and 90% of the time the same video stops at a different percentage... maybe if it were just possible to resume downloading on browser that would be ok too...

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Alum

I believe Sox said the Vimeo system cannot handle a pause/resume button on uploads. It's the way the system is set up, which also makes sense as you don't want to leave open and unnecessary connections to the server on while waiting for user response. An upload tool may work out, but a pause and resume function I believe they said could not.

Alejandro Matos

Alejandro Matos

I have seen this. While I'm uploading a video, I open Opera and I upload it from there and keep using Firefox as it will be frozen for as long the upload goes on =)

Matheus Siqueira

Matheus Siqueira

Is there any plan on vimeo offering a multiple upload tool? Is there anythin that prevents from developing a simple tool like this?

pilfjd

pilfjd

I guess I don't need a tool, but I'd like to request a feature. Can you add a control to throttle the upload bandwidth? I have Vonage and there are problems whenever I upload.

claas kuhnen

claas kuhnen

This is pretty useless.
95% of all upload attempts (Win/OS) stalls and never finishes.

Quite sad simply because the video quality here is very good.

Parolu Mondo

Parolu Mondo

I think the problem is not at flash uploader. Even when I try the basic uploader,
vimeo.com/upload/video/basic .
But it freezes at 50%, 70%, or 90%.

Once I let the computer and the internet conection the whole day standig alone just for uploading, but it didn´t work.

The solution is upload at night, when americans are sleeping, and not uploading. ;-)

It allways works.

By the way, google uploader is not stable. Many times I had problems, even with small videos.

There will allways a problem uploading or downloading huge files.

Ipernity, for example accepts uploads of ZIP files, and decompresses them. Maybe a upload of splited RAR would be a fine solution.

If a upload freezes, we just upload again that piece, and not the whole file.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

actually it looks like you are using a rather outdated flash version (v9.0.45). can you upgrade and see if that helps?

Parolu Mondo

Parolu Mondo

I upgraded to flash 10 adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

But the problem remains. The upload of large files goes to the end, only if I do it overnight. It seems to be over charged server of vimeo during the day.

Parolu Mondo

Parolu Mondo

It did not work. It works only overnight.

I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 5200+ 2.71 GHz - 2Gb RAM-
Cable Internet 2 Mb
Win XP 3sp - Firefox 3.0.4 - Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12.

Alan Kaou

Alan Kaou

Uploading tool with pause, resume?

Marco Tempest

Marco Tempest Plus

Request for Batch Uploading +1
What is the problem with this? Is it a policy thing?
UPLOADER PLEEEEZE!

Business With Heart

Business With Heart

Hey guys
i think the site is amazing . I will pay my $60 and join tomorrow if you just offer a Batch uploader...Otherwise the pain in uploading one at a time is too great...
Keep it up guys
Steve

Murilo Azevedo

Murilo Azevedo

Great ideia! supported!

A tool for upload videos in batch, put titles, tags, descriptions, as Flickr! :-)

Being more easy to post the videos and have fewer errors.

Matt

Matt

Just stopping by to second BusinessWithHeart. You can count on my $60 tonight if there were a bulk uploader - until then, I gotta just stick with youtube :-/

rick estrada

rick estrada

Yeah Something Like blip.tv has got. this is impossible to add each video one by one... for a large site..

can this be accomplished with the API and PHP? as i have not looked into the details on what the API can do..

as i been playing with Blip for the moment but will look and the VIMEO next

Marlon Núñez

Marlon Núñez

Me too want a uploader !!!! please... only 1 video uploaded.. and no more...:(

Branimir Rogoznjan

Branimir Rogoznjan

Please give us uploader!!! My uploads stops because of ADSL drops. However, there is workaround for those who uploads stops often - upload the file on some web server (which has leased line) and from there upload to vimeo. It works for me.

VERV Projects

VERV Projects

I like the web interface a lot but would prefer an app. I often quit out of firefox or have so many tabs open i end up crashing it while its uploading. Very annoying!

SusMita Barua

SusMita Barua

i couldnot upload mine as it goes over the file size limit a bit.
Is there a way to edit.. give time marker... chop off 1st and last bit of the tape...it is a dance video for my group...wish I knew how to do it. Youtube is taking too long :(

Francois Jordaan

Francois Jordaan

I also desperately want a bulk uploader. People have been clamouring for an uploader on this thread for nearly a year, and there has so far not been a single statement from staff to the effect that it's even being considered, let alone when one will be available.

Brandon Russ

Brandon Russ

PLEASE MAKE BULK UPLOADER!! If you have a large video file to upload and your network goes out for even a second, the whole upload is ruined and you have to start over. Even if you 30 minutes into the upload. Needs to pick up where it left off.

Randy Waltrip

Randy Waltrip

Very frustrating. I have a 122 mb film - .wmv - that I've been trying again and again to upload. I got it onto Youtube, but every time I try to upload it to Vimeo it freezes. I've turned off all virus and firewall stuff, and clicked allow popups from Vimeo. But still no luck. What gives????

C-WELL PICTURES

C-WELL PICTURES PRO

Yea I'd like one too, but what would be insane is the ability to resume an upload, because sometimes you move away from the page, or the browser closes and then you have to start all over again.

Kenan Sulayman

Kenan Sulayman

Please, do it!
It is really disturbing me, to open the full browser, login etc.
It would be so much easier, to do it from the application selector!

Adam Davis

Adam Davis

I need to upload 10 or so small videos... Can you at least add a "queue" of some sort to the existing loader so I can set it up and leave, rather than opening 10 different windows and hoping they all complete?

Adam Davis

Adam Davis

BTW, they don't. It appears that I can only upload three videos at a time, the others stall. I'd be happy doing one at a time if I didn't have to sit here and manage it.

Vishal

Vishal

I add my vote to this feature as well. I'm all set to sign up for Plus but the lack of an uploader might be a deal breaker. I have to test the current uploader to see if it will work with our workflow, but lack of an uploader is a bummer.

Christian Aubry

Christian Aubry

This thread began one year ago. Congrats for the transparency but it can be reverse-effective if you do not follow up with an appropriate solution in an appropriate time frame.

I am quite surprised that a more decent uploader, including queuing and resuming features, is not even mentioned on your roadmap (vimeo.com/roadmap). Can you at least put it on this map and tell us when you plan to release it?

Also, I am wondering why you consider Channels 2.0 more important for your users (especially those willing to pay for the Plus package) than this much awaited uploader. Can you answer that too?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

i cannot comment on the specifics on how our priority list is determined internally but i can tell you the list gets shuffled around constantly due to # of projects, change in scope, business needs, and most importantly because of the required resources (un)available to us at the time.

Sanjeev Das

Sanjeev Das Plus

priority wise, being able to upload the videos at all must rank high. After all, you can't do much if you can't even upload the video - short of moving to some other video hosting site.

Sanjeev Das

Sanjeev Das Plus

Please make an upload tool. I have been trying to upload a 900 mb video with no success. I have tried 5 times now. Once it quit at 88 %.

John Bishop

John Bishop

I also want the upload tool with multifile upload queing capability. What platform are you running on maybe I can give you a hand for free. Just don't tell my boss I'm willing to work for free :)

Taylor Martyn

Taylor Martyn Plus

If you guys opened up your system, had an API, I'd bet someone would put together an uploader within a month.

Taylor Martyn

Taylor Martyn Plus

I'm a little out of my league here, but is an API enough for a developer to create his own uploader app without any other assistance from you? I find it hard to believe no one has done it already.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

Yep, the API allows you to do pretty much everything you would need to upload, except for setting Plus preferences.

lilkidz

lilkidz

Uploading keeps on freezing at random numbers like 90% =/

Joshua Drake

Joshua Drake

Does uploading actually work? I have tried multiple times to upload (ubuntu Intrepid) and it fails everytime. I even thought to myself, no big deal I will just email via the mobile email address but apparently my video is too big.

Can we get a good old fashion standard HTTP upload and drop this flash crap? I didn't pay for a plus account to not be able to use it.

TheFluxMachine

TheFluxMachine

Using Kubuntu 8.10 w/Firefox 3.0.6, the standard uploader shows a black window with desktop effects enabled. They have to be disabled for it to show properly. Also the window is much larger in width than the screen, which makes it awkward.

I love Ubuntu but 8.10 is as buggy is hell. Maybe it's that?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

we've started to work on this but it's still fairly early in the project. we will keep you updated.

Peter Nikolaev

Peter Nikolaev

Hello, Vimeo
Below you find the information about my compressed file. I really want to see this film placed on Vimeo. Now it still has a note 'is being loaded' on my account. Do I need to re-load it or it can be finished with your assistance? Please, give the detailed guidances because I am not the experienced enough in this field.
Best wishes,
Peter Nikolaev

Source: /Volumes/Local_Student_Folder/Peter/Installattion last variant-Peter fire with quick movie-YouTube HQ H264 HD...mov
Format: H.264 Decoder, 1280 x 720, Millions
AAC, Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz
FPS: 25
Playing FPS: available while playing
Data size: 272.02 MB
Data rate: 272.02 MB
Current time: 0:00:00:00.00
Duration: 0:00:11:43.52
Normal size: 1280 x 720 pixels
Current size: 1280 x 720 pixels (Actual)

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

if it's stuck on the upload page with "loading..." message, you should cancel out and try again.

dbspin

dbspin

Upload tool would be hugely useful to me. I have flaky wifi, which glitches every hour or so.. Therefore I can't HD upload to youtube, or at the moment Vimeo (though I'm trying right now). Also, I - like almost everyone in Europe - have quite a severe bandwidth limit, and each time I try an upload which fails I eat into it.

angela jamero

angela jamero

yeah, that same feature as motionbox's, where it can jump back where it left off when the connection went bad.

Paulo Teixeira

Paulo Teixeira

I hope this wasn’t mentioned already but I have a fealing that once Vimeo rolls out a Desktop uploader, they will also increase the upload limit at the same time. They both go hand in hand.

No name

No name

Please do build this! I need some way to batch upload. My upstream is capped at ~50K/s, which means it's best if I can queue up a bunch of videos and leave it run over night instead of babying it through an hour at a time.

Seth F.

Seth F.

Looking forward to the first release of the bulk video upload desktop app. I'm using a mac, and would like to be included in any beta releases please.

dstweb

dstweb

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! we really need an upload tool!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

dstweb

Kris Van de Vijver

Kris Van de Vijver

same for me: a bulk uploader for os x Leopard would be very very useful

Paul Wesson

Paul Wesson

Love to beta test this new tool when available! OS X Leopard, please...

Lucia TV

Lucia TV

Yes, I think an uploader would be a great tool for vimeo (plus almost) user.

Ben Eash

Ben Eash

I'm thinking a uploader in Dashboard... from the iPhone or iPhone app... maybe even a dock drag and drop video uploader to Vimeo. whatever it is, we'll take it because we need it.

Border Hopping

Border Hopping

Can we just get our own personal FTP to upload to? I would have no need for a custom vimeo desktop uploader if i had ftp://username.vimeo.com :)

amiconi

amiconi

I couldn't upload my latest 3 videos at vimeo plus.
Another volunteer as a beta tester for OS X Leopard

Torley

Torley

Sweet to see this, I just searched to see if it was coming.

Lucia TV

Lucia TV

Me too. I can try beta uploader on Windows Vista, Windows 7 build 7057 and Mac OSX Leopard last update too.

Jason Brown

Jason Brown PRO

As a business with a plus account, we need the capability to batch upload videos....a MUST HAVE!

Michael McCabe

Michael McCabe Plus

I would like a bulk/batch uploader for windows. Any chance of it coming soon?

Joseph Lo

Joseph Lo

a batch uploader would cause me to pay for vimeo plus. Right now it just seems so limiting...

Dan Izzo

Dan Izzo

You get a bulk uploader working, I'm getting a plus membership.

Axiom Crux

Axiom Crux Plus

osx leopard 10.5 too btw!!and ill totally go plus if u make a bulk uploader as well :P

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.