Mark

Mark Staff

Hey everyone! This issue should now be resolved as of Dec 26!! If you're still having trouble, please post a link to your video.

JOEL MIRANDA

JOEL MIRANDA Plus

I saw this in another thread, and the total view count isn't updating anymore,

Any help much appreciated, love this site :)

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Thomas, can you please link me to the video you are seeing this with?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hey Thomas, your stats should now be up to date. Your videos are great too. I'm a big fan.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hey Thomas, I took a look. Those videos' statistics are accurate.

Thomas Blanchard

Thomas Blanchard Plus

yes, sorry Ian. it's good. thank you for everything. I just saw it a problem that exists on a lot of videos on Vimeo. I hope it's not too serious? Good luck to the staff ;) and good Christmas party

Artbydavey Factory

Artbydavey Factory

That stats on this video has been frozen for 2 days at 622, any help will be appreciated...thanks! I've also noticed a problem with the update on stats since this video was launched, there were delays from a 1/2 hour to getting stuck for a few hours. any help will be appreciated...Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/33226416

Lights on Display

Lights on Display Plus

Hello,

My play count on this page has also been stuck for a few days. If you could correct the problem when possible, it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Link: vimeo.com/32971114

SLRCG

SLRCG Plus

I'm also experiencing this issue with the linked video - been stuck at 998 for a few days now!

Thanks so much!

Link: vimeo.com/33091594

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, sorry about that. I've updated your stats and will look into the email issue.

tangerine media group

tangerine media group Plus

Much appreciated, Ian. Just wondering if this is a page wide issue as that isn't the only clip with stat errors. Didn't want to post a bunch of links with errors.

She/Color

She/Color Plus

having the same problem, my total views haven't been updating for about a week (for all videos). Just views though, likes and comments are updating accordingly.

Rheyne

Rheyne

Sorry for not including a specific link. This video has over 200 plays today according to the Stats, but it's presently showing zero. Comments and Likes are being counted. The same thing is happening with the five most recent vids I've uploaded. I've had about 400 plays between yesterday and today, but none of those vids played are showing the correct play count.

vimeo.com/34111109 (one example)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, sorry about that. I've updated the stats on the linked video. We're hoping to have this all solved shortly.

Rheyne

Rheyne

Thanks very much Ian!

Gary Bird

Gary Bird Plus

Same here - sorry: the totals of plays, likes and comments are not updating on any of the videos on my homepage (vimeo.com/user8751382), but seem to be up to date on their individual pages... would a fast fix be possible?
Thanks, and Merry Christmas, guys - keep up the fantastic work running Vimeo. We all love it.
Gaz

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, sorry about that. I've updated your stats for that video.

Daniel Principe

Daniel Principe Plus

Hi guys, I appear to be having the same problem. I first noticed it weeks ago on this video vimeo.com/27998081 whereby the likes on the video page were not appearing on the my stats on the MY STUFF page. But now several videos totals on all pages do not appear to be updating correctly.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Daniel, sorry for the trouble. I've updated your stats and cleared the cache on your /videos page.

Daniel Principe

Daniel Principe Plus

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your help. However, statistics are still not accurate on many of the pages and are still not updating. The stats on this page vimeo.com/33703835 are still not updating and do not match the full stats and in fact after checking every video, the stats on all them are not correct. The stats on the My Stuff page and video pages do not match the correct stats on the full statistics pages of each individual video. Conversely, the full statistics pages of individual videos do not seem to be recording likes accurately.

Thanks for your help!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jermaine, sorry about that. I've updated your stats for that video.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jay, sorry for the trouble. I've updated your stats and cleared the cache on your /videos page.

Jay West

Jay West

thanks, the counter moved to the right number now, but its stuck there again, am I gonna have to request a fix everytime I want it to be updated?
thanks and happy holidays

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hello there, sorry for the trouble. I've updated your stats for that video.

Erik Clapp Cinema+Photo

Erik Clapp Cinema+Photo Plus

Tommy the stats for that video are still incorrect on the videos page. If you go tot he full stats it should be close to 300, but its only showing 101 on the actual page....

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Brandon, sorry about that. I've updated your stats for that video.

Daniel Valentim

Daniel Valentim

Hello Ian,

It seems all my (8) videos have their total-views stats stuck again...
(I wonder: why is this actually hapenning?)

Thanks again!

Greetz,
Daniel

Link: vimeo.com/32627457

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Daniel, sorry about that. I've updated the stats for your videos.

Daniel Valentim

Daniel Valentim

Hello Tommy,

No problem. Thank you for your attention. I still wonder why is this happening?

Wish you a merry Xmas!

Cheers,
Daniel

Felipe Rojas

Felipe Rojas PRO

Hello Vimeo staff,
Same here; most of my videos are not updating their total views. I am sure the Vimeo folks are working on it, but an update will be most appreciated. Thanks, Felipe

Link: vimeo.com/25927004

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Felipe, sorry for all the trouble. Our staff is on reduced coverage, but rest assured we're fully aware of the problem and are working on it.

I've reset the stats for your video. Thanks for being patient!

Felipe Rojas

Felipe Rojas PRO

Thanks Tommy for your prompt response. Merry Christmas! Felipe

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Joel, sorry about that. I've reset the stats for the videos you linked to. We're working on this issue. Thanks for being patient!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Rein, sorry for the problems. I've reset the stats for the videos you linked to. We're working on this issue. Thanks for being patient!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Michael, sorry about that. I've reset the stats for the video you linked to. We're working on this issue. Thanks for being patient!

Glen Saberton

Glen Saberton

Hi there,

Im not sure if this is the correct place to request a stats update or not. People are saying they have enjoyed my video but there is no change to the number of views.

Thanks Glen.

Link: vimeo.com/33975901

overgroun

overgroun

Happy Holidays!

and yes, I'm having the same problem with all of my videos. thanks for your help

Link: vimeo.com/26926480

Miles Trahan

Miles Trahan Plus

Pretty sure a few of my vids have been affected, this one in particular has been stuck at the same total view count for about 4-5 days even though it's apparently still getting new hits every day...

Link: vimeo.com/30950406

ModMobilian.com TV

ModMobilian.com TV

None of my videos are updating. Any help would be appreciated, merry christmas.

Sacha Claes

Sacha Claes

I'm having the same problem with my video's, my total view counter remains frozen since 20/12/2011.

Link: vimeo.com/33451405

Alex Kvarantan

Alex Kvarantan Plus

Hy I have same problem. Play count is not updating in the preview "My Stuff". It is only counting in statistics!

RON WAN

RON WAN

my stats have froze to a particular number of views, and rather than showcasing the video counts/likes/comments of each each week when scrolling with the arrows, it sticks to the mass total instead.

this seems to be happening to all my videos

Chivalric Pictures

Chivalric Pictures Plus

Hello-same problem here, no views are updating, not sure why so many people's views are getting stuck but any help would be greatly appreciated, sure ur busy-Thanks guys!
vimeo.com/34098856

Arthur Cross

Arthur Cross

Greetings, I saw this post about view counts not updating and realized that many people were having the same situation. Though I see individual view counts going up each day, the total count has been stuck at a certain number for a few days now. If you guys have some time could you look into it please? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :) Keep up the great work with Vimeo!

(I included the link to the video in which I noticed the problem)

Link: vimeo.com/33096542

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey everyone! This issue should now be resolved as of Dec 26!! If you're still having trouble, please post a link to your video.

Mark

Mark Staff

All of your stats are currently accurate

patrick boury

patrick boury

can you tell me why the following video continues to show 0 plays on my home page but 13 on the video page itsself? thanks patrick boury

Link: http://vimeo.com/34022832

Mark

Mark Staff

This is a separate issue we're still working on.

Mark

Mark Staff

474 appears to be the correct number.

Mark

Mark Staff

55 is the accurate number of plays.

Miles  Valentine

Miles Valentine

55 is not the accurate overall play count. Thanks anyways

Link: http://

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hey Miles, sorry, it looks like Mark was mistaken. Your total statistics should update to 84 shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Miles  Valentine

Miles Valentine

Does Vimeo only count the videos of the weeks shown, or all plays overall?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

"Totals" on your video page is referring to the total amount of plays overall.

Mark

Mark Staff

Miles, I answered you above. The number of plays on that video are currently accurate. Sometimes the stats are inaccurate and get adjusted.

Mark

Mark Staff

I have reset the stats for those videos. We'll look into the "my stuff" issue.

Champ Ensminger

Champ Ensminger Alum

Hi Xander, your stats should be updated shortly.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Approximately what should they be? This may have been resolved by now.

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

USMC Drill Instructor

USMC Drill Instructor Plus

Hi Daniel, I'm not sure what it should be, but I have had 6 people tell me they have watched it, more than once in the past 2 weeks. Just as a test, I have watched it everyday since Dec 27, and it still showed 0 except on Jan 1. Thanks Daniel!

USMC Drill Instructor

USMC Drill Instructor Plus

Thank you so much for helping me out Daniel. I surely appreciate your time and effort. Dick Buechler

Wayne S. Smith III

Wayne S. Smith III

Me either actually. I just posted the video on a facebook event page and received 40 conformations... however I only received 19 views... The page has been getting hits for the last hour.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I should have more views than I currently do. Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/34318840

Mark

Mark Staff

This sounds about right. Not everyone is going to play the video.

Jason Woodcock

Jason Woodcock

My play count doesn't seem to be udpating. I changed to the widget and that's when it seemed to not show any plays (unless they're really not getting played).

Mark

Mark Staff

It's possible that it's not being played, yes. If you can confirm otherwise, please let us know.

Jason Woodcock

Jason Woodcock

well i know that i played a video from our website and i know that someone else did to.

Mark

Mark Staff

Your own plays don't count. If that one other person has already played it once, anything past their first initial play won't count either. Was that the first time they played that video from that IP address?

Jason Woodcock

Jason Woodcock

i'm not playing it directly from Vimeo's website. I have it embedded on our church website. the other person has only played it once. I appreciate your quick response. It may be just my lack of knowledge on this.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Jason, regardless if your video is being played on Vimeo or on your own site via an embed, your own plays will not count towards your statistics.

Jason Woodcock

Jason Woodcock

thanks for the clarification. I knew it had to be me not understanding. But what about the other person that I know that played a video?

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you link us to the video in question?

Jason Woodcock

Jason Woodcock

ok, this is strange. I went to the video itself to get the link and noticed that there is a number of plays being counted. The one in question is showing 3 plays on 1/16. Strange thing is that I don't see those on "my home" page. i'm including the link though

Link: vimeo.com/35146550

Mark

Mark Staff

We're aware of some discrepancies between the homepage stats and your individual videos stats. We're working on this.

Steven Greenstreet

Steven Greenstreet Plus

This video was on Reddit today and garnered quite a bit of attention: vimeo.com/35734992

BUT I SEE ONLY 20 PLAYS ALL DAY?!

FYI, I just upgraded to the "new" Vimeo.

Maybe that's it?!

Bengler

Bengler Plus

It would be really nice, kind of essential actually, for me to have some data on embed locations right now. A fix would be much appreciated. Hope you can update from logs.

Sieralima

Sieralima

Hi, it seems my video stopped updating as well.

It was going very strong with views ticking up a lot yesterday as it was being viewed and shared, but it suddenly just stopped, and it seems highly improbable that it's correct.

Thanks!

Link: http://vimeo.com/36137513

Joe Gabriel

Joe Gabriel PRO

Hi - my total plays are 0 for this video, but I know that it has been watched and it has 1 like and I have received a number of comments on it. Thanks for your help.

Link: vimeo.com/36451405

Jeroen Houben

Jeroen Houben Plus

My total stats, and the individual stats of all my videos, have stopped updating since today.

My total views shows "0 views", while I'm used to get about 100-200 views a day. So something is not right.

sam spreckley

sam spreckley

hi

no stats or plays/likes showing at all for me today??

musicserf

musicserf

We have the same problem. ALL play statistics doesn't change.
Below is the link to our page.

Thank you!

Link: vimeo.com/musicserf

Astrid Riecken

Astrid Riecken

I think all the stats for all the videos on vimeo are frozen at the moment ! it's like total power outage : )

Mark

Mark Staff

Stats will start catching up later today!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.