roar

roar

Hello everybody, a couple of days ago I published this video vimeo.com/34756008 which I think it's the best clip I made so far (I'm not a pro, and videomaking - or a sort of - is just a hobby). However, I found some issues.
I see that in the majority of my video there's a lot of ghosting. I presume that this is related to:
a) bad recording (my bad, I should use a tripod, and I should limit camera movement)
b) maybe editing program? I use Sony Vegas and, as I read over Eugenia's website, I disabled resampling. This helped a lot but didn't solve the problem here and there. Do you think that if I switch to another software (like premiere) this problem could be solved more?
c) maybe de-interlacing? I use a Canon HV30 and it gives an interlaced output (I read about the pf25, but I prefer 50i - don't know why), and the de-interlacing process is done by Vegas blend/interpolate. Do you think that if I use a thing like avisynth with yadif could help? And if yes, I should run it after I captured the clip with HDVsplit, or after I rendered a project in HDV with Vegas?

Sorry if these questions sound to you as basic, but I think for me are vital to better my skills.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kindly,

Luca (aka ROAR)

roar

roar

Thank you!

Oskar Svensson

Oskar Svensson

If you have no need for slowmo add this at the end of the script for 25fps; selectevery(2,0)

roar

roar

Hello,

I tried some scripts and rendered a 720 25p clip which works amazingly well in Sony Vegas and even After Effects. I rendered it with Matrox i-frame HD, which I think it should be the best option as long as I haven't got Cineform codec.

Thank you very much indeed, I'll keep on "playing" with it.

Kindly,

Luca (aka ROAR)

roar

roar

Ok, sure.

For now I post a tweaked version of the script you posted at the beginning, because I'm using a slightly different setup.

I use QTGMC 3.32 and DGDecode 1.5.8.0, which are the latest version available. In order to let the function MPAsource to work with the mp2 files I got from DGIndex I had to download the mpasource.dll, anyway there we go:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\mpasource.dll")
video=MPEG2Source("C:\path\name.d2v")
audio=MPASource("C:\path\name with numbers.mp2")
AudioDub(video,audio)
AssumeTFF()
QTGMC( Preset="Slow" )
Spline36resize(1280,720)
selectevery(2,0)

This works for a 1280*720 pixel, 25p footage. I rendered with a Matrox Iframe HD, 50 mb/s bitrate. It worked very well (final output is great) and it was faster than I thought.

As soon as I have some more spare time to get some new footage, I'll keep you updated.

Kindly,

Luca

roar

roar

Hello, after a while I published another video, now following what was suggested before about de-interlacing.
I didn't follow the workflow written there, because I took all the mt2s files from the camera and then edited, then rendered in the same HDV format. Then I took this file and I deinterlaced it with the 720 25p suggested script.
I think it worked pretty well (maybe need some improvement in shooting now...), but in the future I'll experiment more configurations.

Anyway, the link is: vimeo.com/38599253

Thanks again for your kind suggestions.

Bye,

Luca

roar

roar

Hello,

I just took the de-interlaced file (rendered using Matrox Iframe HD), put on Vegas time line, opt in no resampling and then render with mp4 main concept bitrate at 16 mbit/s maximum and an average of 10 mbit/s.

Next I think I will do something else with these settings and scripts. Don't know when, but for sure I'll do.

Bye,

Luca

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.