Nema Brewer

Nema Brewer

Just started shooting with the Canon XF 100 and have been pleased, so I'm not sure if it is a camera issue or converter issue. I use Aunsoft Video Converter to convert to a file that I can use on my Mac and today, I shot video with audio on Channel 2 only. When I converted it, the file had no audio. Is there a setting I'm missing? Help!

Sam Shen

Sam Shen

Hi Nema Brewer,

This is Sam, customer service from Aunsoft Studio. I found your post after searching on Google.

We recently did receive several feedbacks from our customers that their MXF files (from Canon C300, XF100, etc) converted with no sound. This is because in their MXF file there are two audio tracks, one with sound and the other no sound. By default Aunsoft (Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac/Aunsoft TransMXF Converter for Mac) just picks the audio track without sound. This is why the converted files (to Apple ProRes, MP4 or any other formats) with only video without audio.

To settle the problem here's a simple workaround.
On your Aunsoft program's main interface you can click the "Show selected task properties" button on top of the Format box and then select in the Audio Stream ID box a different audio track.
After this is done you can then preview in the program's own preview window and it will show the audio this time.

Anyone who experienced/is experiencing the same "no audio" problem can follow the above workaround to have a try or contact customer service at Aunsoft Studio for help. We shall be glad to provide any assistance needed.
For Mac users pls mail to: macsupport@aunsoft.com.
For Windows users pls mail to: winsupport@aunsoft.com.

Elissa Sylvia Mirzaei

Elissa Sylvia Mirzaei

Nema, what are you using to edit your video? Canon has a plugin for Final Cut Pro (FCP) that allows you to convert the video/audio directly in Final Cut. In FCP you just go to Log and Transfer and select the card with your media and then the plugin will automatically convert them all to .mov files. Have you tried that?

Mike Z

Mike Z Plus

Does does this mean the plugin is already in FCP? And are you talking about FCPX or FCP 7 or both? Thanks for the info, because I did not know this either. I was just bringing my clips in using import from camera.

Jaime Manera

Jaime Manera Plus

I use Aunsoft MXF converter because the plug in that canon gaves vith the camera is not working with Final cut X. This app doesn´t accept mxf files, so I have to convert them using Aunsoft.

D. Alexander

D. Alexander

Does the canon plugin work with FC6? And where can I find it?

Susanne Dietz

Susanne Dietz Plus

I am also looking for the best solution to import my MXF files from Canon XF100 into FCP 6.0.6. I found this MXF Converter For Mac on Pavtube and wonder whether anyone had any experience with this pavtube.com/guide/import-canon-xf100-mxf-to-fcpx.html or would recommend something different?
I am using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at the moment but not very happy with the quality.
Any advice would be very much appreciated, many thanks

Sam Shen

Sam Shen

For users who need to convert their MXF files (from Canon/Panasonic P2/Sony camcorders) to Apple ProRes codec for editing in Final Cut Pro (6 and above) or Final Cut Pro X, the program recommended is Aunsoft TransMXF for Mac or Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.

Any question or support needed please kindly contact our customer service:
For Mac users pls mail to: macsupport@aunsoft.com.
For Windows users pls mail to: winsupport@aunsoft.com.

Best regards,
Sam
Aunsoft Studio

naomidegroot

naomidegroot

Meaning you have to click each video file you have, from let's say a day's filming, open them one by one to change the audio stream ID? Wow! Not a good solution....

kelly456

kelly456

While looking for solutions to Import Canon XF100 MXF to FCP/iMovie on iMac, I downloaded and tried several converters. Only Canon MXF Video Converter for Mac from Pavtube Studion works for me. I like the batch processing and joining of multiple mxf videos into one file. The editing feature to trim the recorded videos is great, as I can control the content for conversion.

Link: pavtube.com/mxf-converter-mac/

monica

monica

I followed "Chris King" post and solved my problems. That's much helpful. I think I need to learn how to make full use of Google blog. Thank you Chris!

easonjoy01

easonjoy01

As far as I know, MXF is not a good editing format for NLE system including iMovie, Final Cut Express, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc. Although Canon has provided some plug-in to help users solve the issue, it can’t work all time. (See some Canon XF plug-in for FCP FAQs mxf-file-converter.com/canon-xf-plug-in-for-fcp-or-ufusoft-canon-mxf-to-fcp-converter-for-editing-mxf-files/). Then how to import Canon XF105 videos to iMovie, FCP, Avid for editing without any issue? Well, if you make the recordings editable before taking to the program, the incompatible error won’t happen any more. Here you can download and apply UFUSoft MXF Converter for Mac (mxf-file-converter.com/mxf-converter-for-mac/) to achieve the goal effortlessly.

Link: mxf-file-converter.com/convert-canon-xf105-mxf-to-prores-for-final-cut-pro-fcp-7/

Perrone Ford

Perrone Ford

What are you talking about? MXF was built EXPRESSLY for the purpose of editing. Materials Exchange Format. In fact, MXF is the DEFAULT file type for Avid.

It's sad. This once very helpful forum has now become a defacto breeding ground for vendors and hackers trying to fool newbies into downloading malware.

So sad.

Dave Baker

Dave Baker

Agreed Perrone!

I mean about the degeneration of this forum. I check in on a daily basis but there is little worth reading. In fact I can't read a goodly proportion of it! Highly lamentable.

Christina Hodge

Christina Hodge

MXF is not compatible with Final Cut and iMovie, so if you want to import MXF to FCP or iMovie, you'd better to convert MXF to more popular formats.

Here is a step by step guide to help you convert MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, etc at: faasoft.com/articles/mxf-player-converter.html

Hope it will help you more or less.

janedesting

janedesting

Hi Nema, how did you record these MXF files with your Canon XF 100? As I know, FCP is not quite compatible with this kind of video file and the only way you can do right now is transcode MXF to Apple Prores for editing in FCP.

Link: multipelife.com/edit-xc10-mxf-in-fcp-x.html

julia

julia

MXF to FCP Converter for Mac is a professional tool that helps you in converting the MXF files to FCP .mov or .dv with the help of perfect MXF to FCP assistant, you just need to import the mxf file into FCP to make it edit by yourself. With the help of this powerful MXF to FCP tool you never get headache while editing the MXF file in the Final Cut Pro on Mac!

• Firstly you need to download the MXF file to FCP Converter
• Then you need to select the output parameters of the FCP
• Then you need to start the convert mxf video files
• Then you need to import the mxf file to Final Cut Pro or iMovie

For detailed manual to import MXF to FCP or iMovie : mxfvideoconverter.net/blog/convert-canon-c300-to-mxf-proresaic-for-fcpfceimovie

Link: mxfvideoconverter.net/mxf-converter-mac.php

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.