Mark

Mark Staff

Can you describe what's happening exactly?

National Retail Systems, Inc.

National Retail Systems, Inc. PRO

When the video doesn't work, it just seems to keep loading and never plays the video. A colleague is also having the same issue and has not had any luck getting it going on iOS. One time I tried turning HD off then back on and that worked. Could have just been luck.

As of right now, I'm on iPhone 4s with wifi, hit play and the video wheel starts to go round like its loading but nothing happens.

Michael Bratkowski

Michael Bratkowski

Yep. Me too. No play with safari on iphone 4. I paid for the upgrade and some projects play and others dont. I've gotten no notification of blockage or any other system failure. I'm using Vimeo to host my reels for work. If this isnt fixed I may have to use you tube. You guys have been pretty buggy but I like the image quality of the service. Please fix and please notify us. This is becoming a habit with you all and a big pain. I have visited the direct link for my Vimeo page and the same problems. Have cleared my cache and history in safari. No love there.

Link: bratkowski.us

Federico Mainardi

Federico Mainardi

Hi all, i have a question. I embed my video on my website (wordpress) but its don't work if I try to play on my iPhone.
Maybe 'cause I have a basic account?

Link: federicomainardi.it/?p=5

Albino Alien

Albino Alien

i have the opposite problem, when people w/ an i phone look @ my video they say the sound is static...? is it something i'm doing??

Link: vimeo.com/36327093

Mark

Mark Staff

You have not created mobile versions of your videos. You can do so in the videos settings.

I'd like mobile devices to play the high quality versions as shown in full browsers. Aren't the mobile versions degraded quality (YouTube quality)?

Mark

Mark Staff

I'm sorry but you cannot play the high quality versions on mobile devices.

Champ Ensminger

Champ Ensminger Alum

Hi Warren, there is a separate file converted for mobile streaming separate to the HD and SD conversions.

Dickon Whitehead

Dickon Whitehead

Ok so unless I pay for a pro account I cannot make my videos available to iPhone/ipad users? Fair enough perhaps you do not want casual users of your service, understandable.
But even then it is not automatic.
When your client selects that option it does not work properly?
So basically your service is not working correctly for anyone with an iPad or iPhone.
Don't you think you need to fix this.
Also as mobile users become the majority, as they will if current trends continue, your content remains unavailable to all these users? I hope your not complacent about this situation.

Mark

Mark Staff

You can also do this with a Plus account, not just PRO. I'm sorry you don't agree with this, but creating mobile versions is costly and is not something we can provide for free. Sorry!

Dickon Whitehead

Dickon Whitehead

Hi Mark thanks for your quick response. I would be happy to pay for the service if it is guaranteed to work. But doing my research on this forum (before paying) it appears that the service is suffering from some problems? Maybe I misunderstand the situation?

Mark

Mark Staff

There are a few bugs that affect a minority of users, yes. We're working on addressing these issues.

Albino Alien

Albino Alien

wow, i just got skipped over completely!
I'm a paid member !
i still haven't heard anything about the audio on mobile devices such as i phone
i created a mobile version at least according to what i can see in my account.
is there something else i should be doing besides clicking one button??
please dont skip me...

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry about that - we'll look into this.

High Profile Limited

High Profile Limited PRO

Is this bug still present as I still can't view my videos on my my or anyone elses iPhone 4S running 5.0.1? The video thumbnail is there but on clicking play the play symbol turns to a loading spinning symbol then just returns back to the play symbol

High Profile Limited

High Profile Limited PRO

The video at the very top of the page plays fine (although didn't when I tried earlier) but the aerial one still doesn't (further down)

GKV

GKV PRO

We are experiencing the very same issue. This is super, super frustrating. We simply can't substitute the mobile embeds - we have to allow for users to drop in the regular embed.

OPTIMUS DESIGN

OPTIMUS DESIGN Plus

I can successfully play videos on my iPhone, but an iPad with the same OS will not play the videos. What is the reason for this?

GKV

GKV PRO

Is there any updates to this issue? We had to move everything over to Youtube for the time being...!

High Profile Limited

High Profile Limited PRO

Well no word from Vimeo themselves but the page I had problems with now seems to be working...I'll check it again later today though.

Mark

Mark Staff

Sorry for the delay in response. Glad to hear it's working now, let us know how it goes.

High Profile Limited

High Profile Limited PRO

It seems to be extremely temperamental as another video on the same page decided to no longer load but as I started to write a message on here it's deciding to load

I'd just like to weigh in to make it clear that the iPhone/iPad issue affects ALL users. It's just that some don't realize it yet. They work 50% of the time. I don't want to have to display degraded quality videos to users, that's why we have YouTube. Can't class an iPhone or an iPad a mobile in my opinion. Just an acknowledgementthat that it's a problem & you're working on it is fine with me, no dodging bullets.

Mark

Mark Staff

We've been unable to replicate this, but we're investigating.

McLean Bible Church

McLean Bible Church PRO

I'm having issues too - it seems to be somewhat random, but most of the time all I get is a spinning circle that doesn't load the video. I tested on Android and it seemed to work ok - but I'm having a very hard time getting it to work in iOS

Albino Alien

Albino Alien

i see a lot of question and no answers...whats going on??

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, sorry about that. This may be caused by your video's compression settings. What software did you use to edit/compress your video?

hybrissoftware

hybrissoftware PRO

hi,
i think we have a pretty similar problem.
but it seems to me that it works as long as i´m not connected to any wifi with the iphone. as soon as i connect to a lan the video won´t get loaded.
it tried it in the office wlan and at home - so i don´t think its a routing/firewall problem!
Please fix that!

Link: hybris.com/multichannel-commerce

Edit: i tested it on android devices - works fine

Mike Croog

Mike Croog PRO

anything new on this?
Here are my facts:
I am a Pro User
Portfolio Site does not play videos on iPad!

(by the way, it works on my iPhone when I tested it once)

Link: croog.tv

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Mike. I was having trouble too. I'm looking into this.

dmcvittie

dmcvittie

I found this thread trying to resolve my own iPad issues (see thread: vimeo.com/forums/topic:48792) and this comment may be relevant to this problem as well, re: what happens when with the player on an iPad:

"It looks like when you click 'play' on the player, the video controls are re-skinned with a different look and feel. I thought this may be the player converting to the HTML5 player, but shouldn't it automatically do that on iOS devices? "

Hope that helps!
Dave

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.