Wayfare Films

Wayfare Films

i have the same problem. i can see the comment under my homepage "activity" tab, but can't see it on the video page.

Link: vimeo.com/30358898

Mark

Mark Staff

Hmm, i'll work on this. The comment is available in New Vimeo if you look there - we'll try to get this to appear in the old design as well.

Mark

Mark Staff

Your comments are open. Can you please post a link to an account of someone who's trying to comment but cannot? They're account has likely not been verified.

Mark

Mark Staff

That user has not verified their account via the email we sent them when they signed up. They must do so in order to comment.

Sam Morrill

Sam Morrill Staff

Hi Jason, comments appear to be enabled on that video. Are you all set?

Isa DesOsiers

Isa DesOsiers

Vimeo is not very forthcoming on how this site operates. I just signed up in order to vote for the video of a film maker friend. Nothing prompted me to then check my email account, used to register for Vimeo Basic account. If you don't confirm your email they don't complete the registration. So I "hearted" my friends video several times for nothing before I checked my email. Opening the email seems to confirm my registration. I went back yet again to her video and hearted it, and immediately the comment form opened which allowed me to comment. It took a bit for the comment to post. It also took several minutes for my other operations to show up in my account. I hope this helps. I know that if you password protect your favorites others can't see them without using that password, don't know if that might not prevent comments from showing up. Vimeo' s help section is practically useless.

Isa DesOsiers

Isa DesOsiers

The top of this email thread is the question. My post is a response.

Miguel Iglesias

Miguel Iglesias Plus

I've set that Anybody can post comments on videos in the Preferences but everybody gets this message :
Sorry, comments have been disabled by the owner of this video. can you help me plz

Link: vimeo.com/user910875

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi, I responded to you in your other thread. In the future, please only post your question once. Multiple posts of the same question only makes our job more difficult.

Hi, I also have the same problem. Says there's 2 comments on my latest video. Yet, not appearing, you seem to be across it. Thanks Ian!

Link: vimeo.com/40110064

Mark

Mark Staff

They're likely being made in New Vimeo which in that case, it can take a while to show up in the old design.

Benjamin Goldman Pictures

Benjamin Goldman Pictures PRO

When I add a comment (like this one) it intermittently shows up on the thread (I might have to try 2 or 3 times), but my last two comments (and perhaps this one) do not show up on Me > My Messages > Comments... Only old comments I made show up. Same results with new/old vimeo. Thanks for any info.

Mark

Mark Staff

They may just take a while to show up there due to some cache issues between the two sites.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.