eric shell

eric shell Plus

For all videos I watch on new vimeo (I haven't tried going back to the old style) I have no volume. The volume on the video is up, my computer volume is up, i tried with and without headphones and even tried restarting my computer. I still haven't gotten volume back. What is the problem, and how can i fix it?

Link(s): all videos I watch on new vimeo

The Media Horde

The Media Horde Plus

Hi Eric, I have the same problem but only in Chrome and only with html 5 player,It seems there is some bug with the newest Chrome update, not sure what a solution is though.

eric shell

eric shell Plus

yeah I do front end web design as well and some html5 and css3 features haven't been working for mysterious reasons as well. I might have to switch back to safari...

Daniel Hayek

Daniel Hayek Staff

This is an issue with the new version of Chrome and the html player, we're looking into it, hoping to find a workaround.

eric shell

eric shell Plus

its still happening for me. I am still using leopard, so maybe thats the weird problem. maybe its the combination of leopard, new chrome and new vimeo?

eric shell

eric shell Plus

I will pick up snow leopard later in the week, I will post back in here with if it solved my problem or not if people want to search this in the future.

eric shell

eric shell Plus

went to the apple store today and turns out they don't stock it in store, so It won't be until next week that I get the software in the mail and install it and can see the results.

On another note, this same problem is also happening on random youtube videos as well. probably a good 10% or so that I watch. So looks like this problem exists outside you guys as well unfortunately.

Director, James Wilson

Director, James Wilson Plus

I'm having the same problem. Snow Leopard, Google Chrome. I just noticed it in the past couple days though.

When I first switched to the HTML5 player a while back, I didn't have any issues.
It seems to me that since the "new Vimeo" was launched the audio began dropping – not at first though.

No audio playback on any Vimeo embeds anywhere in Chrome at this point. I couldn't say when the browser updated last since it's on auto-update.

Hope this is helpful.

Director, James Wilson

Director, James Wilson Plus

Thanks Mark. That thread is a little hard on the eyes 8)

I can actually view / hear spots that I post on our servers – they're H.264 .mov's. Just straight video, no player.

FWIW

Mark

Mark Staff

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, nothing we can do about this on our end. Just waiting on Google for a fix.

eric shell

eric shell Plus

glad its a google thing, and not a hardware issue! Its funny, its working on embeds for facebook now. I will be following the google forum now, thanks for the help!

eric shell

eric shell Plus

Alright just to help anybody that comes through here with the sam problem. I upgraded to snow leopard and there was no change, then I uploaded to lion and everything works! I hope this helps some people out!

Mark

Mark Staff

Interesting.. Thanks for the info, Eric.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.