Adam Schoales

Adam Schoales

I'm not sure if this is even possible but it would be really cool if the uploader could read embedded chapter markers from Quicktime videos and add these to the online vide or even once a video is uploaded one could add chapter markers to jump to specific portions of the film. Again I'm not sure if this is feesable (and obviously for shorter videos it doesn't make much sense to have them) but it could be nice for longer stuff that people upload.

Jon Ibe

Jon Ibe

Though not an answer, but in this video from TED, chapters are being used (scroll over the controlpanel)

Dan Dennett: Ants, terrorism, and the awesome power of memes:

ted.com/talks/view/id/116

Aaron Esterling

Aaron Esterling

I would love this feature. I think it would have to be implemented very carefully as not to clutter up the nice flash player.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

You can use our timestamp feature in the description to create markers in the video. Simply put the time 2:34 and once the video has loaded, clicking that time will take you to that point in the video.

Jon Ibe

Jon Ibe

nice. I didn't know this.
Though a visual way to ad chapters like the ones on TED (see link above) is also nice.
But maybe it's not that good as it would be another visual element into the nice design...

Petr Tomicek

Petr Tomicek

I think that in the beginning manual insertion of chapters to your movie would be enough, later on they could add importing the chapter data from files that have them. The same system could also serve as bookmark tool to mark your favorite moments in other users' videos.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.