Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We agree this would be a cool feature, but we don't have the time to develop it right now. We'll be keeping it in mind moving forward!

City Hope Church

City Hope Church Plus

I saw some old topics regarding this, but I imagine a lot has changed with Vimeo over the past 2 years.

I'd like to be able to do a video podcast on iTunes with my Vimeo videos. I see the RSS feed for my videos and know how to podcast that via FeedBurner. However, when I go to create the podcast with iTunes, it says content doesn't exist. I assume that is because iTunes is looking for a Quicktime file and Vimeo is feeding the RSS it's Flash file.

In the RSS file, the embedded video is called "moogaloop.swf". From what I read, that's the Flash video handler.

Any suggestions???

IBC Student Ministries

IBC Student Ministries

Did you ever get this figured out? Would love to Vodcast using the generated RSS feed from Vimeo

pdxmission

pdxmission

I'm looking for the same solution. I love the fact that Vimeo automatically creates an RSS feed and it works well in Bloglines. But iTunes won't pick up on the video embeds. Says there's no content.

Help?

Hilikus

Hilikus

Yep same problem here, Dailymotion produces rss feeds with flash files and their used to work with itunes but no longer does. btw vimeo have a 150mb/20min limit

I reading that itunes will only accept podcasts in .mov format.

Will Vimeo become compatible?

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

When we switch to h.264 this option will become available. However, that is still a ways off in our development schedule.

Harald Walker

Harald Walker

Blake wrote 8 months ago:
> When we switch to h.264 this option will become available.

As that is happening now, any progress on this vodcasts issue?

GHY International

GHY International

I would still like to see this feature, any update available?

Laurent Haug

Laurent Haug

We really need that feature, would be very neat (and a reason to pay the upgrade fee ;)

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Alum

I would suggest episodic.com , a website that will take your Vimeo video feed, a reconvert to M4V's and give me a mobile friendly site for iPod Touch's and iPhone's. It doesn't solve it exactly, but I found it to be extremely helpful in letting people view my videos from the iPhone's without having to sync or download.

Jeremy Fuksa

Jeremy Fuksa Plus

Any progress on this? I figure as long as I'm uploading H.264 if there was a way to make an RSS feed of the original files... Hmm?

Alan Hughes

Alan Hughes

A podcast feed has some extra code that a regular rss doesn't have. So its not just a flash vs quicktime issue.

brainopera

brainopera Plus

Vimeo is a beau, but I'd pay for Vimeo Plus only if it supported media-enclosure RSS for podcasting. Right now I'm on Blip.tv because it handles all that like a champ. I still love Vimeo because to me it's like the Flickr of videography.

The Cultural Diplomat | Global

The Cultural Diplomat | Global

Exactly, it is a no-brainer to do 1 upload and have your video available across multiple platforms and itunes. Blip.tv has some quirks and joggy video but it allows for this. Also what is with the non-commercial aspect of vimeo?- with not even a mention of it in the upgrade price. If you want to ask people to pay you should allow them to use embed videos for commercial purposes. Viemeo's funding does not grow on trees - why limit the end user?

Sven Lewerentz

Sven Lewerentz

I would also love it, if the RSS/Videos would be iTunes Podcast friendly.

Sebas Nouwen

Sebas Nouwen

Hi, new member here. Looking at what Vimeo can and can't do in the last couple of days and this is something I would love to see on Vimeo!

Andrew

Andrew

Would love to see this!

Kevin Gilbert

Kevin Gilbert

This would be a greatly appreciated feature.

Luis Rivera

Luis Rivera

Definitely looking forward to this feature.
Can someone from staff please update?

Dummy

Dummy

We need this or we may have to move.

5 Elements Studio

5 Elements Studio

We really need this feature PLZ Vimeo I love you guys. PLZ update and let us do this :D We really need it

Charlie Wollborg

Charlie Wollborg

Still waiting. Any updates, workarounds or hacks to make my vimeo feed work on itunes?

Coefficient Media

Coefficient Media Plus

yeah, it is tought but we use vimeo for HD and Blip.tv for the podcast... if you want to get really fancy you can use TubeMogule for everything!

meekish

meekish

I'm a web developer for a number of churches looking to put videos of their sermons online. I'm a fan of Vimeo, but the ability to vodcast the original files would be the clencher. Please implement this!

Marco Conti

Marco Conti

I second all that. Just paid for vimeo plus because I like it so much, but I may have to move the video to blip.tv instead.

Grace Community Church

Grace Community Church PRO

Any staff members able to let us know how soon this feature might be available? I'm waiting on a plus upgrade and podcasting trhoguh Vimeo would seal the deal.

Please let us know!

And thanks for all you're great support V-staff.

Special Agent

Special Agent PRO

10 months and still no reply. I'm canceling my PLUS account if you guys don't sort out this issue and move to Blip.tv

Many other users will as well, I'm sure.

Mr Ulster

Mr Ulster

Like so many others, I really want to do an iTunes video podcast, and Blip.tv is very much tempting me...

Countryside UCC

Countryside UCC Plus

+1 on this - would love to feed my channel into a podcast feed. Are you guys still looking into this, or is it a dead end?

Grace Community Church

Grace Community Church PRO

We've gone with Blip for our podcasting needs and Vimeo for proffesional quality and embedding...its more complicated than I'd like. Would drop blip in a second if Vimeo added this feature!

CA Assembly GOP

CA Assembly GOP PRO

We are a premium account user. Our clients are requesting video podcasting capabilities. Being that this service cannot be provided, and I'm not keen on the idea of paying and using multiple hosts, we'll be switching to a service that can accommodate our needs.

Martijn A.C. Snels

Martijn A.C. Snels

I'm thinking about getting the PLUS version from Vimeo IF it got the function to port the RSS to iTunes.

Daniel Ott

Daniel Ott

Having this feature implemented would be HUGE. From the looks of this thread and others, a lot of people would get a plus account, and also drop their account from a competitor.

Kind of curious what the hold-up is. The specs for a podcast feed are freely available, and can be implemented in a matter of hours from personal experience.

Perhaps insuring that the content will play on devices is the kicker, since people may upload non-compatible file or iPod, iPhone? I guess it's all speculation at this point.

+1

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

We're actually considering offering this feature and are talking with Apple about it as we speak. We'll let you guys know more as things unfold. These negotiations take time so we appreciate your patience.

Torley

Torley

Looking for this for Second Life Video Tutorials, too! Thanks!

worship circle

worship circle

wow, this could become a make or break issue for us. any word? i love everything about vimeo except this one missing feature: RSS!

D. Page Media

D. Page Media

This seems like a pretty obvious need here ... surprised Vimeo doesn't have this covered already ... Keep us posted !

KBCMedia

KBCMedia Plus

I put my hand up for this. I would rather stay with Vimeo as we Vodcast instead of having to move to another service

Claudia Yuskoff

Claudia Yuskoff

I'm on Vimeo and Blip. Not upgrading to plus anytime soon. How did you set up the blip.tv rss feed?

Ignite Toronto

Ignite Toronto

Chiming in to say we'd love to see this implemented sooner than later. Especially for Plus users.

Calvary Houston

Calvary Houston PRO

back from blip. Blip bad for church. bad content showing up on video pages.

MyCookingShow

MyCookingShow

+1 We've become disenchanted with Blip, but don't want to give up our iTunes autofeed. From the looks of this thread it's been 4 months now?!

With Blip, we're paying $8/mo for Pro. Whether iTunes autofeed is added to Pro or made available to Free accounts, we would save money.

But again, not having iTunes autofeed is a non-starter for us.

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

way back in the day, vimeo actually did this! it was the bomb. ahhh the joys of being around vimeo for ever...

when vimeo flicked the switch over to flash it naturally broke all things itunes.... pity, it was fun back then.
and me and heaps of people have been asking for it ever since... keep asking though!! this feature would be awesome.

Mike Van Buskirk

Mike Van Buskirk Plus

Can you somehow link to the download file in a blog, and podcast the vid. from there?

I really want to get my vids to podcast...any help>?

Good Hope Baptist Church

Good Hope Baptist Church Plus

Our ministry would happily pay a much higher fee to allow this feature. What a powerful outreach tool this would be.

Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin

+1. Would love this as a plus member.

DeeGee

DeeGee

us too .. have several iTunes pods and would love to have vimeo quality there

Paul Emerson

Paul Emerson

+1 I would love to have this to impress the boss.

Tony Byrne

Tony Byrne

Hi,
iTunes vodcast feature needed.
Tony

applespot

applespot

Hey guys in development !
Make this happen and we can ditch the blip.tv ...
Now we already purchased PLUS and it is only feature we are really missing..

Josiah Knowles

Josiah Knowles

indeed, this feature would be extremely appreciated.

applespot

applespot

and if you are not going to implement it, maybe it is time to say. this has been requested by multiple people in multiple threads.. ?!

at least implement it as part of plus package, we are paying .. !

Jan Beck

Jan Beck

+1

even youtube has it!

Raj Kotecha

Raj Kotecha

if blip can do it, why can't vimeo? It's been a year... I don't think they care about our custom. And the desktop uploader crashes way too much. #burnedbyWeb2.0

@RajLovesoul

Paul Baiguerra

Paul Baiguerra PRO

I've just had to recommend another video service to someone who wants this feature - and I would have loved to say Vimeo can do it.......
I second what AppleSpot said - any confirmation one way or the other would be helpful

Rockford Chamber

Rockford Chamber Plus

What's the story here - Yes, No, Working on it? Can you provide a status update?

david doucette

david doucette

yes any word on this. i've been a plus member for over a year and i need this feature. come one vimeo. i'm not confident they are going to do anything. is there another service that provides this?

Legnered

Legnered

I am going to need this as well.

Stephen Kinsella

Stephen Kinsella

Folks, going to jump to blip in a few weeks and cancel my plus if I can't get my lectures into the itunes space. Could you please have a look at making this a priority?

Friendship Community Church

Friendship Community Church PRO

We run our vodcast and podcast out of blip.tv through feedburner also... Would love to go exclusively with Vimeo; it's so much nicer than blip.tv, but without the ability to feed both mp3 and video, I can't make the switch.

Rockford Chamber

Rockford Chamber Plus

Our account is running out... would like to know about this feature before renewing... please advise (yes, no, anything)

benoitmarechal

benoitmarechal

+1 to suscribe on wimeo plus! if this is implemented ...

Steven Di Pietro

Steven Di Pietro PRO

Guys I need this. As a Vimeo Plus Customer, I'm surprised and upset it's taken so long. Any News?

applespot

applespot

It seems, that they have no interest on implementing this.. not even in paid service..

Liquide

Liquide

that would be great, it's been years that we started asking this feature on vimeo. I love vimeo, i gotta stick to it, but it lacks of something really important here which are the damn rss feeds for itunes.

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

thanks for the feedback, guys. This is still something we're considering as we begin to offer more features for Plus members. There is still no ETA, but it's definitely something we want to do.

Disciples Church

Disciples Church Plus

Vimeo, why do you need to negotiate with Apple? Just make it so we can do vodcasts. If you want a special relationship to with Apple in vodcasting, that's fine, but in the mean time how about an rss feed that will function for vodcasts?

kaipila

kaipila Plus

I know you guys are busy, but I still must ask...any news on this? It's been two years since you said that this is coming.

Réka SIMÓ

Réka SIMÓ

2 yrs since the first request and still no change?

David Sasaki

David Sasaki

Yeah, looking at all the Plus signs on this thread and considering how much we pay for Plus service I think that it's pretty ridiculous that two years later and the only staff update says "it is still something we are considering." I think I am going to cancel my membership and ask for a refund.

KAVINO tv

KAVINO tv

We would really LOVE to see this feature as well!! Thanks!

The Chapel

The Chapel PRO

Are there any updates on this? We love Vimeo, but are about to switch to BlipTV since they create audio and video iTunes RSS.

CCBC Media

CCBC Media PRO

We need this feature. Vimeo... please speed up the implementation of this.

Stephen Kinsella

Stephen Kinsella

Guys, I asked for this feature 5 months ago, lots and lots of people are asking about it--can we get a timeline on the rollout of the iTunes service please?

CCBC Media

CCBC Media PRO

What's the update on this Vimeo? It appears it's been 5 months since you gave us an update. We NEED this feature.

Ignited Church

Ignited Church PRO

We would really love to see this feature as it would be a great testament to the flexibility and quality of what Vimeo is capable of.

Hajra Hyseni

Hajra Hyseni

Please!!! Web/content everyone creates is about sharing!!

1Kult

1Kult Plus

+1 ! A small update, PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEE !

MyDenmarkTV

MyDenmarkTV

Wow, that's amazing! I've read all the requests up there and I can't see a single response from Vimeo staff. Guys, what are you thinking? How come you can't make a short reply. Is it going to be a new feature soon, not, what is the status? There are so many premium users who are willing to pay a little extra for that feature, but don't get a response. I am not sure if this is the place you reply, but it would be kind of nice to let people know if you are working on this feature or not. Please respond!!!

Talk Therapy Television

Talk Therapy Television

I need this feature as well. Very important to me. Please advise or I will be forced to consider options outside of Vimeo.

Cornerstone

Cornerstone Plus

We are waiting on this, along with everyone else. This thread shows that this should be high priority. It would make a great service even better.

Open College of the Arts

Open College of the Arts Plus

It's a shame that Vimeo don't seem to have made any progress on this. It's tempting to move over to blip.tv, but it would be a shame to miss out on the community here. Of course, with Blip you can feed into a Vimeo plus account as well as into iTunes etc., but it's a bit galling having to subscribe to two services when one of them isn't pulling its weight technically.

Pete Everitt

Pete Everitt

This would be a REALLY beneficial feature - any way of stripping out the flash handler and providing video in a useful (i.e. iTunes friendly) format from the server?

Dennis J Diaz

Dennis J Diaz Plus

I could do this as of a month ago by excerpting a section of the "download" link into my rss xml file. However, recently Vimeo has closed off downloading of videos to registered users, killing this solution. I need this functionality back or we will have to find another host

Cliquenabend

Cliquenabend Plus

Can you please tell us when this feature is available or how to make it work with a little workarround? We need it also and we are also a PLUS MEMBER!!!!

Justin Piercy

Justin Piercy

We currently host our church's videos on blip. This is a clinching feature. We want to move our content over to vimeo! Really!

Danny Terry

Danny Terry Plus

What's the word on the implementation of iTunes podcasts of videos from Vimeo? The ability to have an RSS feed on Vimeo for posting to podcasts would be very useful. The lack of response to this thread from the Vimeo staff in 9 months is very disappointing.

Fellowship Nashville

Fellowship Nashville PRO

Like many, many others, we are also very interested in the addition of an iTunes podcast feature for our videos. Please, please make this happen, Vimeo!

In the meantime, are there any kind of workarounds that can achieve this? I'd be happy to manually construct the xml entries each time, if I knew there was a way to make it work...

Sumair Mirza

Sumair Mirza Plus

another vote to have the RSS feeds with vimeo files auto load into a videocast on iTunes..any updates on timelines?

CIQSS QICSS

CIQSS QICSS

Would certainly pay for Vimeo plus if this was a feature!

APECS Webinars

APECS Webinars Plus

Would also LOVE this feature - something definitely worth paying for with a plus account!

Watchman Community

Watchman Community Plus

Yes ... using Blip.tv for vodcast and podcast through feedburner -- would REALLY rather do it all here. Please let us know when (or if) you change this. :) thanks!

Greenford Baptist Church

Greenford Baptist Church Plus

Dear Vimo Dudes, we would like to have our Christian videos appear on iTunes please? It seems that serious prayer may be the only thing that will get this long requested (4 years!!!) feature up and running. Seriously guys, this would be really fantastic. Please, please please :-)

Please would you give us all a status update?

PR Cole

PR Cole

Same here. I'm a vimeo plus customer and I want this. You need to supply an itunes feed.. and what about a conversion to an m4p video suitable for an iphone?

DylanJorgensen

DylanJorgensen

I am also a plus member and will be switching if this is not fixed

Long Tran

Long Tran

Seriously, 3 years and still no iTunes compatible rss feed.

Joe Workman

Joe Workman Plus

As a new Pro customer, this would be an awesome feature. Any clue on when something like this could be implemented? I am hoping to have a bunch of videos in iTunes within a month or so.... Please?!?

Moose Jaw Church of God

Moose Jaw Church of God Plus

As a vimeo customer who has paid for the upgraded service, I would love to get our sermons onto iTunes as a podcast. Please do something about this soon. Thanks.
Otherwise, Vimeo rules!

Morning Star Fellowship

Morning Star Fellowship Plus

Why, OH WHY?! hasn't any Vimeo staff commented? How else do we get through? We need this feature (especially as paying clients).

+1

Ghost Productions

Ghost Productions PRO

Yeah, our podcasts would look freaking awesome with Vimeo as the feed server. Let's do this before I get all distracted and write the RSS forwarder myself.

Houston's First Baptist Church

Houston's First Baptist Church PRO

We would really love to switch to Vimeo as our primary video host, but because there's no iTunes compatible Podcasts available, we'll have to continue hosting our videos.

Please add this feature!

Eben-Haëzer

Eben-Haëzer Plus

It is surprisingly how many +members request for this.
Give us at least an update how far you are to implement this!

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

There hasn't been any development on this. The issue here, which we've talked about in the past, is that in order to do this we have to provide direct link to our users' media files and this presents several technical challenges and security concerns for us.

Joe Workman

Joe Workman Plus

Dont you already provide direct access to videos? FOr my videos, I have a "download this video" link. How is this different than simply taking that URL and throwing it into a podcast feed?

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

No, that's the original source file (for Plus users). Even with the encoded media files, the link itself is dynamic and expires.

Entrepreneurs of Knoxville

Entrepreneurs of Knoxville

So, that is an official NO from vimeo on the ability to use vimeo as a host for our podcasts in itunes?

We have a libsyn.com account for our audio but it gets very expensive quickly for large video files.

If you can make it work, I think you'll have lots of takers!

supresencia

supresencia Plus

Hello, is there any update about this topic? thanks for your anser.

ZachFine

ZachFine Plus

Soxiam or any vimeo staffer who's listening, I would be perfectly happy to be able to have my original source videos available for download to non-registered users, and to have direct links to such files work. I'd put those links in rss feeds I'd upload to apple. Take the downloads out of my bandwidth total that I'm paying for with my plus account. I see no security or other problem with this method unless you're unable for some reason to keep track of bandwidth.

Don't let perfectionism hold you back from implementing an increasingly important feature. I don't need vimeo to make optimally converted videos available to podcast feeds, and I don't even need vimeo to make or host the rss feed itself. I just want to be able to use my vimeo bandwidth allocation to allow people to download my original videos via iTunes or other podcast aggregators, as well as watch videos via the vimeo interface.

Please make me happy.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

First of all, we don't count download against bandwidth. As matter of fact there are no bandwidth restriction.

It's not about perfectionism. I'd encourage you to read my response above again.

South Parkway Church

South Parkway Church PRO

Don't tell us why it doesn't work... Tell us how and when it will be fixed. It seems as though there are enough wanting it... someone else will come up with a solution.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

I do not believe this will be an available feature on vimeo any time soon for the reasons I've cited above. It's not something that used to work. We never offered this because we cannot offer it on the infrastructure we currently run on. Every service has limitations and restrictions and this happens to be one of ours currently.

Pathways Church

Pathways Church PRO

We get requests all the time for this feature!! Would be a HUGE plus to see this added.

Mike Biolsi

Mike Biolsi

Pathetic that this does NOT exist! I have been using blip.tv for a few years now because of this feature. Would like the speed of vimeo over blip.tv, but the lack of this feature is the deal breaker. Sad really.

Church at Viera

Church at Viera Plus

+1, but we're becoming quite comfortable with Blip.TV. Auto posts to Facebook, iTunes and more. It's only missing a few features we liked on Vimeo, and we're willing to live without them if Vimeo can't provide an all in one.

UNICAM

UNICAM PRO

+1 Pleas add this feature! It would be so great.

The Body

The Body Plus

I agree with the previous poster! Please add, we want to post our sermons to iTunes.

Займись Делом!

Займись Делом!

Hey, Dear Vimeo!

Here is lot of PLUS users requesting Podcast feature. Please, listen to us. We pay you money for your service now and ready to pay some extra for the feature.
I am really looking how to migrate from VIMEO to other platform with allow me make wider distribution...
And your users asking you about this 4 years in a row...
Be so kind, please.

Cornerstone Church

Cornerstone Church Plus

This is a HUGE disappointment. What technical challenge is it to provide "direct link to our users' media files" (as stated by staff member earlier)? What services are other people using since Vimeo doesn't provide a solution?

ZachFine

ZachFine Plus

Whenever my vimeo plus membership comes up for renewal, I do think about this missing feature and contemplate other services. Ultimately I decide Vimeo's benefits outweigh this one missing feature. But its absence is perplexing and the rationalizations coming from Vimeo are confusing.

I just want to be able to have a permanent link to my original source file on vimeo, accessible to the public, that I can put in an RSS feed and distribute how I see fit. I'm not sure what the security issue would be if, as I've stated, I want the source file to my video publicly available.

gw_dna

gw_dna

hugely disappointed to see that even with the new vimeo design (apparently from the ground up) the RSS feeds still contain moogaloop swf.

soundcloud have now introduced podcast rss for audio and with vimeo doing the same we could see a real improvement in quality podcasting options.

+1

ReverbChurch.org

ReverbChurch.org PRO

Just saw that Blip.tv will not support Vimeo starting in May 2012. Just canceled my account with them. Looking for another rss feed for Video Podcasting compatible with iTunes. Anyone know of another service like that?

Ryan Nix

Ryan Nix

For some reason, my church likes to use vimeo. I want them to get listed in the iTunes Directory. I going to see if they will also upload to blip.tv just to get the iTunes feed for iTunes directory... one account for video, one for audio.

Erin Maguire

Erin Maguire PRO

I'd like to see this too. :) Preeeeettttty pppuuuullleeeeaase Vimeo people?

Rural TV

Rural TV PRO

I'm adding to the pleas! Want to establish a podcast but don't want to have to re-upload everything! PLEASE VIMEO HELP US ALL PODCAST!

Chariot Solutions

Chariot Solutions PRO

A huge potential problem for me - I just joined plus as a test, and am about to put up 50+ videos from our recent conference and launch it from a wordpress blog.

PhotonicBliss

PhotonicBliss

Vimeo please implement this. Or hire me to do it. I just want to see it exist.

Geeks

Geeks

Vimeo...it really would be AWESOME if you did this! Podcasting is going to be the thing in the next 12-24 months and you could help us stay ahead of the curve! Love you guys!!!

EDtalks

EDtalks Plus

The last update from Staff was 10 months ago - would you be able to update us on the progress towards being able to list on itunes?

ChurchCalledHome

ChurchCalledHome

We already have mobile versions of our videos.. Why in the world can't I get a non swf feed????

LCBC Church

LCBC Church PRO

+1 for us, this would be a really nice feature to have. Looked into using pro, but it appears that that comes with it's own problems. What I really want is to be able to set up a podcast feed off of my plus account. Keep us updated vimeo!

Puissance Nintendo

Puissance Nintendo

Hi guys,

+1 from us too. This is actually something we do need right now in order to further expand our audience with podcast viewers who only watches video through their iTunes client, iPod or iDevice :)

Can you please tell us what is the problem with such a feature people seem to be requesting for years?

Many thanks if you could implement this, finally :)

Experimental Half-Hour

Experimental Half-Hour Plus

If Vimeo isn't going to do this, then what would be the best/easiest way to podcast if I already have the MP4s?

PCNP

PCNP PRO

Any word on this? It would be really helpful to have here for our church! Does any one know other good reliable ways around this for now?

High Pointe

High Pointe Plus

Can Vimeo please comment on this feature? Is it in the works? All my videos are mp4 so why can't i get that enclosure on my rss feed. Thanks

180 by Design

180 by Design Plus

++1

I've built dozens of sites with vimeo as encouraged source for videos. I've had more than one client now that had to change direction and/or do workarounds to keep vimeo going + a podcast going.

Please consider this for next update. Seriously. Please please please.

Silver Valley Community Church

Silver Valley Community Church Plus

I just has some marginal success with adding a Vimeo video to my podcast feed.

We are a church using the Word Press Sermon Browser plugin (which hasn't been updated in a very LONG time unfortunately). Anyway, I have been using the code to post the video to our web site BUT I just learned today that if I download the MP4 file that Vimeo creates for me and then upload that to Sermon Browser - it will show online as an attachment (with world globe icon). In my Podcast feed though this attachment shows as a viewable video file!!!!

(you wont see the video in the podcast link below - but people who are subscribed to the podcast feed do!!!)

Links: silvervalleycommunitychurch.com/sermons/
Links: silvervalleycommunitychurch.com/sermons/?podcast

Mat i Munnen

Mat i Munnen Plus

People been asking for this to happen for five years. What you waiting for?

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry, we have a lot of other priorities at the moment. I agree this would be awesome, and we may be able to fit it in when we restructure our account features, but I cannot say for sure.

Toby Boyce

Toby Boyce

"We have a lot of other priorities at the moment"

Wow. A thread going on for five years for folks wanting this feature and you have "other priorities" tells me all I need to know about this.

Hey folks might as well close this thread down NEVER going to happen ...

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Hi Toby,

That's not exactly a fair statement. We're pretty honest about things we're not interested in doing, that's not exactly the case here. But yes, we have other priorities at the moment.

C3 Church SV

C3 Church SV Plus

Has anyone figured out how to get the direct URL to the video for use in the iTunes podcast? I found a way to get one but it requires a token and the token expires after a certain amount of time.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

Sorry but we don't offer direct URLs to videos. PRO members get static URLs but they too have a token.

lumination Network

lumination Network Plus

Will you please state why you're not going to implement this feature? It would probably add a lot of clarity to this thread which has been here for half a decade now. Thanks.

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

It's not that we don't want to, it's that we have a lot of other priorities at the moment. This is definitely on our radar!

DJ Paine

DJ Paine Plus

ahhhh i remember way back in the good old day7s we could do this! amazing. please bring this feature back! integrate it a podcasting platform into vimeo and that would be INCREDIBLE!

Aabenkirke

Aabenkirke Plus

It seems like the staff does not care..I would love to be able to get my videos working with iTunes Podcast system..

Matt Schwarz

Matt Schwarz Staff

We care very much, but there are a lot of other crucial systems we need to keep maintaining/creating before we can offer this feature.

Horatiu Pop

Horatiu Pop

+1. This is the only feature that holds me back from upgrading to PRO.

Craft & Vision

Craft & Vision PRO

Has anyone found any PAID workarounds for this? Or should I say, any recommendations re: iTunes video podcast helpers? I'm fine with hosting the videos in a couple locations (vimeo + other site) if that's what it takes but the creation of the Apple URL feed scares us :)

Brookhaven Church

Brookhaven Church Plus

It seems I am not the only one looking for this feature, but I will toss my hat into the ring of wanting to be able to provide an iTunes video podcast using our Vimeo videos.

I look forward to hearing that feature has arrived.

Thank you in advance.

Team Piper

Team Piper

Looked into switching over to Vimeo Pro, but I just can't figure out how it would be useful without iTunes support.

saltychurch

saltychurch PRO

any chance with the launch of the new player that there's podcast support?

exchangechurch.tv

exchangechurch.tv PRO

re: iTunes video podcast using our Vimeo videos.

please make this happen - what are the real reasons why not?

Alex Koz.

Alex Koz.

+1 Vimeo, we really need this feature.

LifePoint Church

LifePoint Church PRO

This feature has been requested for 5 years now and still hasn't been added! Why hasn't this already been added?

Aamir Farooq

Aamir Farooq

some buddy tell me how can i find my own Rss Url link in vimeo

PorlGordon

PorlGordon PRO

We all really need this option to reach a wider audience and continue to use Vimeo PRO.

TranscendChurch

TranscendChurch PRO

We STRONGLY desire this feature - it would seem that MANY others do too!

Serhioromano

Serhioromano

Please, do it. It is important for me.

Till Carlos

Till Carlos Plus

+1 (would use this for a client).

This came up 5 years ago. I guess an RSS feed would not help the general business model of Vimeo. Maybe that's too much to wish for right now. I'll evaluate other solutions.

Reverent Media

Reverent Media PRO

Very much needing a way to make this happen. Can you please let me know if there is a way to link vimeo and iTunes?!?!?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.