Alec Crichton

Alec Crichton

Please make it optional, whether the "More Videos" TAB should disappear (scroll out of sight) or not. When going through a lot of videos, it is more convenient not to have it scroll out of sight all the time. It is more convenient to leave the TAB at the top, when viewing videos one after another. It makes sense once or twice, but not when going through a whole bunch of videos. In this case form should follow function and be optional. And aesthetically there is always the option to go full screen anyway.

Justin Dickinson

Justin Dickinson Staff

Hi Alec,

The more videos area on top is always there once you open it, you can just scroll up, even after you close the tab. This makes it easier to jump back to related videos.

Have you tried Couch Mode? It's perfect for going through many videos in a collection.

Hope this helped!

AleG

AleG

It was a LOT easier to jump back and forth between related videos with the previous side bar.
And less intrusive...
And actually increased exposure to other related videos...

IMHO the top bar is dysfunctional.

Austin Briggs

Austin Briggs

Agreed with AleG, much easier before to view other videos by a user on the fly and increased exposure to other videos...

And couch mode would be nice is the whole clip page was already in that mode with floating video tabs, but alas we have to click that in order to enter it.

Moral of the story for the new vimeo: MORE CLICKING AROUND IS BAD!

Alec Crichton

Alec Crichton

Justin,

well that is what I was referring to with "scroll out of sight". You know, if I want to look at 20 videos, this is a rather disturbing behavior, that is why I think it should be optional, why not?

There is another much more important issue though. The videos in the TAB are not always refreshing properly, sometimes, when visiting a new user, I see the videos from the old user. Could this be a cookie bug or something? Its definitely a kind of bug. Hitting "Refresh" resolves the issue in most cases, but this shouldn't be necessary, the video tab should always display the videos of the current page, right?

Thanks
Alec

Alec Crichton

Alec Crichton

One more remark, taking all the different hardware interfaces and all the different scalings into account, it would be a great idea to make it optional to have the VIDEO TAB either at the top or at the side. In my opinion your design would allow for such an optional interface very nicely. Most video users use a landscape screen where a side navigation works much better, than a top navigation, that is great for portrait mode of course. See my point? Its a matter of space on the screen.

Motivity Films

Motivity Films Plus

my problem is that the stupid thing is now showing up in all my blog posts where I linked to vimeo. This makes the video off centered and you cant watch it...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.