Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Good news everyone! We've updated the iOS app again with a bunch of tweaks and bugfixes. You can see the full changelog and download the app from iTunes here:

http://j.mp/vimeoios

If you're having trouble with the app, please check to see if you have done the following first:

1) If you're a newer user, make sure your account is verified. If you haven't received a confirmation message from us, post in this thread: vimeo.com/forums/topic:25354

2) Clear file cache. This removes all Projects Recordings and any associated assets. This can't be undone, so use with caution! Log in and tap Account > Settings > Clear file cache.

3) Reset app. This will cause all data to be erased and your account to be logged out. This can't be undone, so use with caution! Log in and tap Account > Settings > Reset app.

If you're still having problems, please post below with the iDevice model and iOS version that you are using. In addition, if you're experiencing crashing, describe what you're doing when the app crashes. If an error or other dialogue box pops up, take a screenshot by holding the power button and clicking the home button. You can use an image hosting service like ge.tt to host the screenshot.

The more detail you include, the better! Your reports help us make the best video app in the universe!

Link: http://j.mp/vimeoios

Tom Coady

Tom Coady

I don't know what this app is doing to my video but it makes it look like it has lost about 90% of its original resolution.

Still quite counter intuitive: only option after selecting clip is CANCEL!

Link: vimeo.com/41227483

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Are you selecting the highest quality while exporting? Which iDevice are you using?

Tom Coady

Tom Coady

Sorry, I see the problem now, it was set to small on on my 4s. I'm trying again using the HD option now.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sounds good, Tom. Just as a suggestion, you might want to plug your 4S into a power source while you're uploading that file, since it may take a little bit of time to upload an HD file. Plugging it in will ensure the wi-fi stays connected during that time.

Tom Coady

Tom Coady

OK thanks Tommy
I noticed the upload stops as soon as the screen auto locks so the only way to keep the upload working is to disable that, but even then it took about 4 hours to upload 12mins of video :(

keith

keith PRO

Stats have been coming up Page Not Found. Has been this way in last version as well but only recently.Seems like a New vimeo issue.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that! We're aware of this and will be rolling out a fix very soon (no update should be required on your part).

Dennis Kenny

Dennis Kenny

Guests that I invite to see my videos report that I have no videos are uploaded when there Are two.

I also found that many guests never got my invitations due to spam filters.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Dennis, your videos are currently marked as contacts-only, which are hidden from your public-facing profile.

Scalive

Scalive

Files not be converted. Tried two. Nada

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

What device are you on? Are you trying to upload an editing project or a clip from your camera roll?

chris moyler

chris moyler

Hello Tommy,
I run Windows 7, 64 bit. I upgraded to the new vimeo, and the video played beautifully, with a nice big screen. BUT when I attempt to access a random section of a video, it will ONLY play from the beginning, no matter where I click on the progress bar. I have never experienced this in Vimeo before. Kind regards, and every success to you and the team with the new version. Thank you for your service to us. It is much appreciated, Chris Moyler

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Chris, we're aware of this issue and are working on a solution. In the future, please make sure you're posting in the appropriate thread, or create a new thread altogether - this thread is specifically for issues related to the iOS app.

Brandon Davis

Brandon Davis

Tried adding a video through both the camera roll and the vimeo editor in the iPad app on the new iPad without success. Any ideas? Thanks!

vimeo.com/41350807

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that. I'm not sure why the file failed conversion; can you try exporting and uploading from the iPad again?

Mike Hondorp

Mike Hondorp

I can't play my one Vimeo movie on my iPhone 3GS w. 16 GB after installing the new app. It's a long movie (20 min.). Could that be why? It goes to the movie and starts to load and then just returns to the menu. What's up? MH

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Longer videos (20+ min) have been known to have playback issues on iOS devices (in mobile Safari as well as the Vimeo app). We're looking into this problem now.

Mike Hondorp

Mike Hondorp

Thanks Tommy. I look forward to the fix. MH

Wray Bowling

Wray Bowling

Just bought an iPhone 4S a week ago, immediately downloaded Vimeo hoping to shoot and edit, and already found a lot of problems. Normally, I'd say F--- it and download something else, but I love you Vimeo peeps, so I'm going to stick with it until we fix it. :)

Preliminaries: Cleared file cache & Reset App & Closed the app & powered off and powered on again

1. Default "scaling" for video should be "Fit". Why not, right? That would take care of front-cam + rear-cam + portrait/vertical + landscape all mixed up.

2. Video shot with Precorder doesn't frame properly. I'm going to contact the Precorder folks about this bug - it might be their fault. ge.tt/4dE81EH?c

3. Images in the timeline somehow don't seem to affect the overall length of the project. If you try to put a title on top of images that are towards the end of a project it just won't happen. The title will run away from where you placed it to one of two places, alternating. On the other hand, if there is video after the pictures, then you can get the title on to the pictures, but maybe not the video that comes after them. I'm trying to better understand this bug so I can explain it, but.. i don't really understand. It's the most frustrating. Adding more video "fixes" the problem.

Repro steps: Make a new project that is nothing but three pictures, add two titles, and move the second one away from its original position so that it overlaps the third picture. - Bingo. You crashed the app.

4. It did crash once when i logged in, but that was only one time. I hadn't closed the app, rebooted the phone.. etc.

5. I made a quick video to demonstrate these things. I think it's 2-3 minutes long. I picked HD, and the file came out to 146.7MB Uploading could be made more practical if it was possible to transfer the rendered project to a computer first. I realize that I can transfer just the videos and edit on the computer -- I can because i know how to -- but tapping the screen every few minutes so it stays alive isn't ideal either. It would also be good piece of mind to know where those renders are going. How about right at the app's storage root so it could be pulled from iTunes without needing to grab a whole folder? Or better yet, the camera roll. Gasp.

5.5 Canceling that upload crashed the app.

Okay. That's a lot. I'm sorry.
Looking forward to any amounts of updates. I

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Wray, thank you for all the constructive feedback. Let me address all of your points:

1. Are you talking about scaling while recording/editing a project, or when you're watching videos?

2. Video shot or edited from another app may not be compatible with our editor; it depends on the settings the app exports to the Camera Roll with.

3. I followed along with your steps to reproduce the crash, and the app did not crash. Are you using photos shot with the iPad or iPhone or from another camera?

4. Could you be more specific about what you were doing when the app crashed?

5. You can export projects to your Camera Roll now. When you're in the project selection screen, the arrow in the lower left-hand corner will render and export the selected project to your Camera Roll. I'll have to review with the devs if the app is set to prevent going to sleep during uploads and renders.

5.5 I had trouble reproducing this as well. Did you ever successfully get that upload onto Vimeo?

Thank you again for the feedback!

Wray Bowling

Wray Bowling

1. Editing: While editing. I've made a small example: vimeo.com/41647777

2. Precorder: I'm now exchanging emails with the Precorder developer(s) and we're working on solving my problems there. They just had an update and it's working better than it used to. :)

3. Titles: I am shooting all my footage from my iPhone 4S. The timeline's respect for titles contributing to the length of the project *is* messed up. Here's another example: Make a title that spans the very end of a project overlapping the video. Add another title. it will be put after the last title which is past the end of videos. because it is past the end, you can't select that title or scrub to it or play it back. Similarly, if you delete the video at the end that the title was overlapping, now you can not select either title.

4. Crashes: I simply logged in.

5. Lovely! Thank you.

5.5. Yes. I made a "small" render that uploaded quicker. vimeo.com/41648755

6. It would be ideal if, when pressing the button to upload a project to vimeo, the "Title" field be already filled in with the title i gave the project.

Thanks for helpin'!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks for making that video, it's super helpful!

I see what you're saying with the titles - I'll let the developers know about that particular bug.

Thank you again for all the feedback, it's all super helpful!

~lax23eo

~lax23eo

Hi Tom.
I downloaded my footage take from my gopro hero2 to my new iPad. I downloaded the Vimeo app and tried to edit. I can't seem to find any thumbnail to choose from. I don't think the app can recognize it. What am I doing wrong? Are you ok with doing a walk through on what I should be doing from the start?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, but imported footage from another camera may not be compatible with our app. We can only support footage recorded with the device you're editing on.

Sivanandam Family

Sivanandam Family

i'm having trouble when uploading to vimeo using the iphone app ... it will upload and then say it's processing for the conversion but then if i move off the app it never converts and ultimately says it fails. is there a reason why the app needs to be used and in focus to do the full rendering and conversion? i thought that happens on the server side? makes it much more difficult if you have to wait for the full conversion without using the phone.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, we do have to do some conversion on the phone first before uploading to the site. To complete the rendering and upload process, the device must be in focus up front and, ideally, connected over wi-fi.

Mansel Dinnis

Mansel Dinnis

Hi Tommy.
Amid all the 'problems' on this page, I just wanted to let you know how delighted I am with the new Vimeo. It is terrific (including the iPhone/iPad app) and Vimeo has certainly 'moved with the times'. I've been a member since 2008 and it looks like 2012 will be the year I'll be switching to Vimeo Pro. Keep up the great work! Vimeo is used with love in Yorkshire, England!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thank you Mansel! Don't worry, many of the comments in this thread are actually constructive feedback, not as many problems as it may appear ;)

Glad to hear you're enjoying New Vimeo and our iOS app!

SN

SN

Hi Tommy - I just tried out the app's Post to Wordpress feature and it does not seem to be embedding correctly. More specifically, the post generated on my blog at wordpress.com has a hyperlink to the video (via name_of_video) and this is not what Wordpress.com is expecting - it expects a plain text version of the URL or one of the shortcode formats. So, what I currently see is a hyperlink to the video. The blog is private so I can't include a link here but should be easy to confirm the problem. Thanks.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Do you have any Wordpress plugins that could be interfering with the feature?

SN

SN

No, I'm using wordpress.com not the self-hosted wordpress so no option for user-installed plugins (not sure if a default wordpress.com account has functionality that's enabled via plugins behind the scenes).

Jon Hawkins

Jon Hawkins

When I upload videos to my account from my iPhone4S, it takes up more space. Even after I erase it from the phone it seems to keep taking up space until I don't have anymore.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jon, log into your account in the app and tap Account > Settings > Clear file cache. That should free up some space.

Courtney McEwen

Courtney McEwen

So I'm a fairly new user to vimeo. I have had my account verified but I cannot even log in to the vimeo app on my iPad, nor can friends with their vimeo accounts. all is good on safari but it's a no go for the app and if you try to log in and upload straight from iMovie.

Courtney McEwen

Courtney McEwen

I have tried several times to delete the app and reinstall. I've also contacting apple and they walked me through the same process.

Stephen Steele

Stephen Steele

I'm still getting random, unsolicited videos in 'My Feed' and have been for the last several versions of the app. They're definitely not in my Feed Manager. It's not 1 or 2, but lots, all from different people. Resetting the app works for a couple of days then more come flooding in.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Stephen, we're looking into this issue now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lauretta

Lauretta

I am running Vimeo 2.0.4 on an iPad 2. I have updated to the latest iOS. Everytime I try to upload my video I get an error that says it failed to render and to try again. I have tried repeatedly. I have deleted my project and started over, re-started the iPad entirely and can not get it to render. I captured the video originally through Vimeo but have recreated the project from the camera roll. I work for a school and really want to show this cool app to my teachers, it is easy enough for students to use, but I have to get it to work first. Please help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Was all of the footage shot on the iPad or from another device or camera?

Lauretta

Lauretta

All was shot on the iPad

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I just want to make sure I'm understanding your workflow: you downloaded a clip, using the app, from your account, and you're trying to upload it again? And the original clip was from the iPad?

Lauretta

Lauretta

I was in the app and used the iPad camera to reocrd a couple of video clips. I tried to combine these clips with a picture that I took from within the app using the iPad camera and an audio clip I reocorded from within the app using the iPad as my audio recorder. I want to combine all these into 1 video. My ipad was the original source of all files and none have been uploaded speparately. My understanding was that to render I click the 3 dot icon and that renders and sends the finished product to my Vimeo account but when I click that button I get the "can't render Message" and I never get the final video created.

Khoi Pham

Khoi Pham Plus

How can I get back to the old interface? or do I have to live with the new one from now on?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Khoi, we apologize for any inconvenience, but our old design is no longer available. If you have any constructive feedback, feel free to post in the Community Forum thread linked below. However please note that this particular forum thread is regarding the iOS app.

Link: vimeo.com/forums/topic:65418

UQ Journalism & Communication

UQ Journalism & Communication PRO

iPhone 4, 4S and iPod Touch.

When making a new AUDIO recording, the counter makes it to 10 then clears back to zero. no recording is made. If the recording is STOPPED before the 10 second mark, a recording is made. Basically, it is not possible to make an audio recording longer than 10 seconds.

Matthew P

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Matthew, are you using the official Vimeo app for your recording?1

Chad Ballash

Chad Ballash

I came here to search for/report the same problem. I was hoping to add some original music to my videos, but could only get about 8 or 9 seconds of sound recorded. I had this problem months ago on the previous version, but tried it again recently with the same result. Thanks for keeping up with the flood of questions and feedback, Tommy.

Matthew, I'm sorry, but a 'u' seems to have gotten lost in your 'behavior'. :P (Sorry. International fun-poking.) :D

UQ Journalism & Communication

UQ Journalism & Communication PRO

Yes Tommy, we're all using the latest version of the official Vimeo app. We go to the timeline, touch "+" in the audio timeline, choose Recordings, choose Add New Recording. All devices I've tested thus far exhibit this behaviour.

Matthew P

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Matthew, sorry for the trouble. I'll let our developers know about this.

miciphone

miciphone

This app is a fail. I have an iPhone with 9 GB free space.
I shoot 5 videos with the vimeo app with 3 - 5 minutes (after upload approx. 20mb on vimeo).

I try to upload to vimeo, and rendering suddenly fails due to "no more space in my iPhone available, go to settings...".

Suddenly my iphone info shows Vimeo requires 5 GB space.
After resetting the app and trying again its suddenly up to 8.9 GB. 
So now my iphone is totally filled.

So I resettet and deinstalled the app, deleted two videos in advance before even uploading them, and now it worked. After rendering 2 videos by now vimeo is up again to 1.9 GB!!

Sorry guys, 9 GB spacerequirement for a couple small videos?

Thea

Thea

I keep getting an error message and I am unable to do anything with my video (e.g. edit, upload)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you take a screenshot of the error, upload it to ge.tt and link to it here so I can take a look?

Sean Quallen

Sean Quallen

The video I posted yesterday will not show. I'm told:

Uh oh! There was a problem loading this video.

I attempted to use the iPhone app ~6 months ago but it did the same thing: None of the videos I'd upload ever showed, if they even uploaded at all (I had to keep the app from timing out via screen swipes). The video I uploaded certainly used up space, though. I'm using the iPhone app with iOS 5.1.1. Any suggestions? At this point I can't help but assume the app is a bust.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Sean, we were having conversion issues last night and I think your video got caught up with those problems. I'm encoding your iPhone upload again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sean Quallen

Sean Quallen

Thanks Tommy. The video is running just fine now. I apologize for jumping to the conclusion that the app doesn't work. It would appear that the app is running perfectly.

Shuwei Huang

Shuwei Huang

I love the app. But when I share my video to facebook and twitter, even though the app show the "success" information, but the video doesn't appear on facebook and twitter.

Atomic Direct

Atomic Direct PRO

I love the app & have the most up-to-date on both my iPad and my iPhone 4S. However, I often playback from within the iPad browser because of flakiness in the app's ability to stop, restart, or start over in a video. (There are problems like this in the iPad browser as well, but far less often.)

It appears the cacheing gets all munged up (just a guess). What I see is...

- Start playing a video.
- Stop it. On restart, audio usually plays fine, but picture often stutters & staggers.
- If I try to start over, it's far worse. Without question, it's all munged up. Again, audio will eventually start to play. Often picture won't play back at all.
- I have to shift to IOS, then delete the app from this actively running, and restart.
- Then, it will play from the start. But if I attempt to stop & restart or stop & go back to the beginning, the same things happen.

Vimeo on mobile would be the BEST if there wasn't this playback problem.

akutakbiasa

akutakbiasa

using iPhone 4g

please answer tommy this is very important..
why i can't download my video in hd format / full format..? i uploaded my 720p video with my mac and when I'm download it from my iPhone its only 360p...

thanks for answering my question..

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Currently on your iOS device when you download your own clip you can only download the mobile version, not the source version. This was done with consideration to the limited storage space some people have on their device.

Rachel Hogg

Rachel Hogg

I have editied a video on an iPad2, and when I attempt to upload a Medium version, the end of the upload goes to "Error uploading. Click to re-start". Clicking brings same error message.

Is attempting to send to Vimeo the only way to get a copy of the video? I'd like to copy off a rendered version and attempt to upload using a computer.

This app is a long way from finished. Much work to be done.

Matthew P

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It sounds like there may be connection issues with your iPad when uploading. I'd suggest plugging your iPad into a power source while uploading, to ensure the wifi signal doesn't drop out.

You can export a project to your camera roll by tapping the arrow in the lower left-hand corner of the project selection pane. If you're not sure where that is, take a look at this screenshot:

Link: cl.ly/3i0i0g0O3H1Q173F0P3S

School of Mathematics & Physics

School of Mathematics & Physics

Thanks Tommy, great tip on the rendering to camera roll, which I presume we can then grab via i-Tunes.

In terms of the upload, the i-Pad was powered the whole time. If the Wifi has a glitch or drops out for a bit, does that wreck the whole upload? That seems a bit harsh.

Please note that when I click the "Click here to re-try" button, nothing happens. i.e, it does not re-try.

Looking forward to the next update to this app. Has promise, but waaaay to delicate for actual use.

MP

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Our app is more forgiving with dropped connections while uploading, and will automatically resume uploading if your wifi connection is lost. It's not perfect, though, but we're working on it.

I've noticed the same behaviour with the "Click here to retry" button not working sometimes. We're looking into that too.

Rachel Hogg

Rachel Hogg

Small version goes up OK, but of course quality is very low.

Darnell Clayton

Darnell Clayton Plus

Very dissappointed with the iOS app. Vimeo ceases uploading when I receive a push notification. Seriously. Goes into endless queued purgatory.

I love Vimeo but it's issues like these that make me regret paying for the service. I'll stick it out for another month as the site shows promise. But my patience is wearing thin (and I'm tired of having to reupload the video).

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Darnell, we're looking into the issue related to push notifications now. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Kevin Anthony

Kevin Anthony Plus

I love the app, and I appreciate being able to manage all my videos with it.

One feature I'd like to see involves posting to Twitter and Facebook. Why can't I edit the text? It seems like a no-brainer. Every other app that can post things to Twitter and Facebook allow you to edit the text. (I'd love a Post to Google+ option as well)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Kevin, yup we're aware of that and we're re-evaluating at how Facebook and Twitter sharing is done in the app. We'll probably be shifting that interface towards using the built-in Twitter sharing options that iOS has and updating Facebook's controls, instead of using the current setup.

Steve

Steve Plus

Tommy - I'm using an original iPad so ALL my video clips and photos are imported to my iPad via the camera connection kit.

Problem - When I use both photos and video in the same project the app always crashes. Using only video clips I can create and upload a project without a problem. The app will not allow me to upload a project with that contains only photos .

Question - Can I use BOTH photos and video clips when creating a project? Can I create a project with only photos?

ALSO - Does Vimeo have a video tutorial hidden somewhere for the iPad app?

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Steve, sorry but the in-app editor doesn't support footage shot from other cameras or devices; it's really designed to edit footage shot on the same device you're editing on. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Also, unfortunately we don't have a tutorial for the iPad app.

Steve

Steve Plus

Thanks for the quick response. Just to clarify - I can use the video shot by my Canon S95, no problem. What I really want to do is mix video with photos in a single project - can the app do that?

Could you pass along to whoever, that a video tutorial on the iPad version would be helpful to us new users.

Thanks

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately footage shot from another device (video or photo) isn't supported on the app. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We have some big changes coming down the road with our iOS apps, we might be doing some tutorials when those come out, so keep an eye out!

Prime Communications

Prime Communications PRO

hello...love your new ipad app..., I have pro account and when we try to upload 5+ min for Vimeo. It gets to 99% and then errors out.

here is more info about the video....
5 min file, 32mb using medium on the settings in the ipad app. Using ipad 2

please help....

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you try plugging your iPad into a power source while uploading and see if that helps? Are you trying to upload an editing project or something from your Camera Roll?

tattaglia

tattaglia

Hello, Had doubts and problems, but after reading this thread all cleared great. Greetings from Mexico

Steve Chipman

Steve Chipman Plus

A suggestion for a minor change to the iOS app upload screen -- default the first letter of each word in the Title (after the space button is pressed) to uppercase. This is a common convention for titles in apps.

Jon Roemer

Jon Roemer Plus

Stats have not been working for the past couple of days. Screen shows "technical difficulties.".

I tried clearing the app's cache, resetting the app, and I have reinstalled it twice. Still no go.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, Jon. Some changes behind the scenes have broken stats within the app, we're working on fixing that now.

Jon Roemer

Jon Roemer Plus

Thanks for the info. Glad to know it's being dealt with.

ali

ali

Original ipad. IOS5.1

Just downloaded your app today - I can't play any of my videos... or anybodies videos for that matter... hoping to revive my limited video career...

i have reset and redownloaded the app to no avail.

Thanks for help.

ali

ali

Resetting once more allows me to play other videos. Bu not my own. Can't play my own on mobile safari either. Could it be that they were uploaded some years ago?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Aha! You're an old timer, been on Vimeo longer than me :)

Unfortunately since those videos used Flash encoding, they're not compatible with current mobile devices. However, I ran a test and re-encoded one of your videos, can you see if it shows up in the app for you?

Link: vimeo.com/190723/

ali

ali

thanks for the help... the re-encoded version did work... re-upload the videos or is there a way to re-encode in-app/site?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Since the one file worked, I could go ahead and re-encode all your videos; since you only have a dozen or so it shouldn't take long.

Jason Stone

Jason Stone

I want to shoot Clips On my iPhone and then using the camera connector I copy from iPhone into the photo library on my iPad.

Problem is that adding video to a new project in the Vimeo app I can't get to the Imported video clips!

If I choose to add from video library it's only what I shot from within the video apple I choose Picture library then all I get is photos however my video clips are in there too!!

Any solution? As I can't be the only person shooting on the iPhone who wants to edit on the iPad for convenience and able to splice in some stills that I edited on my iPad (e.g. Editing RAW photo in snapseed then exporting it back to my photo library for use in a project)

Thanks

Jason Stone

Jason Stone

Now I see something above that the app can't handle material made on other devices (video and photo) - but that doesn't seem to ring true as I can see the photos just no video (in case this helps)

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Jason, sorry but as you noticed, clips shot on another camera or device are not supported with the app.

Eiður Eyfells

Eiður Eyfells

Hi there. I have the same issue as SN above with sharing on Wordpress.

I have v2.0.4 of the app on iPhone 4S. I have a hosted Wordpress blog. I have tried with all plugins disabled and the basic theme and the problem persists.

Example:
1. I navigate to the following video in the app: vimeo.com/43771118
2. I click Share - Wordpress
3. I enter the title and content of the blog post. I have also tried leaving out the title or content or both.
4. I click Post to Wordpress
5. The post shows up on the blog as:
a href=vimeo.com/43771118Lilja 2/a
(Lilja 2 is the title of the video)

The app should post the URL (as plaintext, not a link) on a separate line. Wordpress will then use the Vimeo oembed API to get the correct embedding HTML for the video.

Eiður Eyfells

Eiður Eyfells

Note: The URLs above have had the http prefix stripped out, but it shows in the resulting Wordpress post.

Grant Willis (VK5GR)

Grant Willis (VK5GR) Plus

Here is a feature request.

If you put a 2-3 minute clip on the timeline, and you then want to cut 3 pieces out of it and just include those in the finished timeline, then it seems you need to add the same clip 3 times and adjust the in and out points of each copy of the clip - which isnt easy as there arent exactly any shortcuts I can find to get a semi accurate cut.

The app needs:

1. Trim to be able to increment in one of 1 frame, 1 second and say 10 seconds for moving in and out points.
2. It desperately needs a "cut at current time indicator" function so that long clips can be cut up, pieces deleted and then the resulting cut points trimmed.
3. It also needs an ability to more easily mute the video associated audio - it wasn't very intuitive to go looking for the volume control of the video's audio track.
4. The audio track needs to not "auto trim" to the length of the video files if the video is shorter than the associated music. Allow me to manually trim yes but not what it is currently doing.

My attempts to edit a short film on my iPhone failed (in part due to a crash - which unfortunately I couldn't repeat so cant provide any documentation for) - and because of the issues I listed above I gave up, waited till I got home, and edited it in Premiere instead - much much faster. For a couple of simple clips cut into an order and a sound track glued to it, I would have thought it shouldn't have been quite that hard.

iPhone4S
iOS 5.1.1
Vimeo App 2.0.4

Steve Angstrom

Steve Angstrom

My feed has suddenly started showing videos from channels which I am not subscribed to. I had this issue back with 2.01, it was resolved .. But now it is back. I bet these rogue videos are from the staff picks channel, because that's where they were coming from before. I am not subscribed to that channel.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.