Hatfield Media

Hatfield Media PRO

Is the new Vimeo going to be permanent forced upgrade in the near future, or will we always be able to hit 'I hate change'? I love vimeo and wouldn't abandon ship if this new look is truly whats coming down a forced pipeline, but I am simply not a fan of it.

I DO NOT hate change, just the new Vimeo! And honestly I don't hate it, its just way too sparse and disorganized. It seems designed for appearances instead of functionality. In a way it reminds me of what MS is doing with Win8, and why so many of us are sticking with Win7 since they are effectively abandoning folks who don't use touch interfaces on their PCs.

Rant over. Just really wondering if the new look is an upcoming permanent move, or if it is truly a testing ground.

Thanks!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, the new vimeo is currently in Beta, so any feedback you may have to improve it would be greatly appreciated. Please leave this feedback in the bottom right corner where it says, "Give us your feedback."

Mark

Mark Staff

Hey there. A new version of Vimeo is imminent, but we're taking all feedback to heart and are working and re-working certain areas of the site to make sure it's the best that it can be. I suggest using the feedback form at the bottom of the page (in New Vimeo) to give your opinion about the changes. We're taking all feedback very seriously. We realize we can't please everyone, but we'd like to please as many people as we possibly can!

Buencamino

Buencamino

This change is forever?
Can i go back to old design? and how?

Buencamino

Buencamino

The page is broken!
Thanks for your time.

Can i go back to old designo? Or i cant?

Bless!

Mark

Mark Staff

If it doesn't work, then no, you can't. Sorry.

Buencamino

Buencamino

ohh! sorry but what can't back?
Realy im new in vimeo and the old design are perfect for my.
I hate change, sorry.

There is an alternative to return? I really need ...
Best regards!
Thank you very much for attending :)

Buencamino

Buencamino

I just passed the old design!
I hope to continue with him as long as possible :)

I am very grateful for the quality of their work,
I congratulate you and hopefully follow the success of his side.

Thank you very much, again.
A brotherly hug! of a distant companion videographer,
From Chile. -

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, it looks like you are already in the old version of Vimeo.

Carlo Molinaro

Carlo Molinaro Plus

I would like to go back to the old design, decause I don't like the new Vimeo. How can I do it?

Steve Kim

Steve Kim

I don't mind the change, but the new format seems unintuitive. When I click to see a video I want to watch in "My Feed" page, it does not take me directly to that particular video. Instead, I'm redirected to the "Staff Picks" page where I have to find the video I want to watch again. Once I've found it again, sometimes the video will not play at all when I click on the video. I hope this is just a bug that will be addressed.

Steve Kim

Steve Kim

Thanks. Just to let you know, clicking on the thumbnail or title will not take me to that video. Only by clicking on the user account link can I play the video from that user's page.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Steve, sorry about that. That shouldn't be the case. Clicking on the video's title will take you to that video's page. What view mode is your feed in?

vydry.cz

vydry.cz

Hello,
vimeo si fine, both verisons have some positive and negative. Just now i klick go odl version, and cant swich new version... all videos in old version have trouble with fotnts, in new version is ok, but on external sites is messy from old version. Just now i keep it with smile. but... what to do, to fix it? i use all vieos plugin, where is use only id number of video. so somewhere is something no good ;-)

thx to all IT'a of vimeo. jusually working evrythig great. But now... i belive in your experiences.

chrisjcrocker

chrisjcrocker

How do I get back to the new Vimeo? I'm kind of flip flopping which version I like. Thanks

Bruce Ashley

Bruce Ashley Plus

When sharing an album, the thumbnail for the album does not show up in the email.

ALSO when you play a video from an album that has been shared you cannot easily get to the other videos in the album, you need to hit the "back" button on the browser - in the old version of Vimeo at least you could see the other videos in the album to the right of the video you are watching! Much better.

Yonah Ben-Ashera

Yonah Ben-Ashera

:-(

I very much preferred the original presentation style which placed icons of our other videos along the right hand edge of the screen

would it be possible for us to switch back to this screen format if we want ?

the fullscreen option was always there for those who wanted to view things at that size but it introduces too many distortions into the movies that AREN'T HD and seem to make streaming less smooth on some standard broadband connections

:-(

Wade Kimbrough

Wade Kimbrough

I really dislike the new format as well. Mainly with the layout on the homepage when I am not signed in. I watched some really cool vids yesterday that are not there today because it only shows staff picks?? I had to open a new browser and reload the old version of Vimeo to find them again. If the homepage is vetted by your staff that seems extremely limiting as to what will show up there!

Kris Peck

Kris Peck Plus

are there any features in the new vimeo that were a direct response to feature requests from users? or was everything changed just for the sake of changing it. So far I am not noticing any improvements...just confusing menus and layouts which require extra clicking. plus, the 4:3 SD videos are handled poorly in both thumbnails and oversized player. judging from the posts in this forum I would say the overall response to the new design is very negative. the only folks who seem to defend it are the staff.

I mean, really what are we supposed to say, "Wow, instead of having 3 featured videos on my profile page, I now only have 2. This is great."

or

"I love clicking on the video stats button and waiting several extra seconds for it to load up."

or

"The giant oversized player for the 4:3 videos is so awesome because i literally cannot fit the video on my laptop screen. Bigger is always better."

or

"I'm glad they got rid of those darn colorful buttons on my profile page and replaced them with plain black text."

or

"Thankfully my carousel of portrait photos is nowhere near my main photo."

Seriously, did anyone ever request these features?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.