keith

keith PRO

Sorry I have so little info here at the moment but here goes:

I can't seem to reproduce this right now but on a friend's Windows machine running FF 11 a Vimeo page will only show the poster frame but no player. Upgraded to 12, same deal.

vimeo.com/33219961

On the embed here we are not seeing the poster frame at all:

dogs-in-cars.com/california

I've never seen this happen before until this week. I'll try to get some more info. I do know he has a developer version of the Flash Player but like I said this wasn't an issue until recently.

Some other folks have told me they are having trouble as well but I have yet to get more detail from them.

Ian Alexander Scott

Ian Alexander Scott PRO

Hey Keith, please have them try disabling all browser add-ons, firewalls and anti-spyware software and see if that helps. For us to accurately troubleshoot this issue, they will need to contact us directly.

keith

keith PRO

We just disabled all addons except for Flash and it still didn't work. No anti-spyware software that I can tell.

This old embed works fine in his browser though:

100meals.com/?page=about

I tried to see if any javascript errors came up using Firebug. None. The strange thing is with firebug open instead of the poster frame the area is just black.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Keith, are embeds solely not working or is it all videos including those on vimeo.com?

keith

keith PRO

I'm seeing this happen on all videos on his machine - embeds and on individual vimeo.com pages. Again, sorry I can't provide much more detail. It could be an edge case. If anyone else reports this my only clue is that on my machine (which works fine) there is a split second when the poster frame loads and the vimeo controls show up. So maybe something between that point in time is going wrong in this scenario.

note: no problem with youtube player

keith

keith PRO

Everything works fine for him in Chrome and his flash player is up to date. (He also happens to be a Flash developer). I'll let you know if I find out anything else.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.