Shrkey

Shrkey

The Totals shown on the Plus page including VAT are different from the Totals shown on the PayPal payment confirmation page:

E.G. UK - on Vimeo signup page
Initial price $59.95
VAT: $10.49
Total: $70.44

PayPal confirmation page:
Item total: $59.95
VAT: $11.99
Total: $71.94

How come there is a difference? Can it be fixed so that I can sign up for Plus please - either one way or the other.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry, it looks like the VAT has fluctuated since we last updated it. The information on your PayPal confirmation page is accurate. What is currently barring your from signing up for Plus?

Shrkey

Shrkey

Well, the differences means I don't trust your system - note I tested with a Spanish address as well and the VAT is different for that also. Once I'd tested with two different countries with two different VAT (or IVA in the case of Spain) amounts and got different results on both I figured something was up with your system.

From a developers point of view - If I sign up and pay, and a different amount is returned from PayPal as that which is listed on your system, would it not flag an error or an attempt to game the signup form?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, I understand your concern. Unfortunately, there is no programmatic way to update this.

Shrkey

Shrkey

You've got the incorrect VAT / IVA values in your javascript - you need to change those values and then your form will be correct. There you go, there's a programmatic way to update it :)

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.