Christian Vitt

Christian Vitt

Hey! I need some help... No matter which video I want to watch, I get every time the error message "Sorry. There was an error encountered while loading this video.". I have tested the latest versions of Opera, Safari and Firefox, and use the current version of Flash. What is wrong? Do you have an idea?

Mark

Mark Staff

Do you have any browser add-ons, antivirus protection or firewalls running?

Christian Vitt

Christian Vitt

No browser add-ons installed. Anti-virus and firewall were disabled during the test... I deleted the current Flash version and reinstalled it. Nothing works. Also the switch to HTML5 video in Safari did not succeed. Is it advisable to reinstall an older version of Flash?

Christian Vitt

Christian Vitt

Update: I've just published a link to one of my videos on Facebook. The embedded Vimeo player in Facebook works. Video is played without an error message. Spooky ;)

Mark

Mark Staff

So it works fine on Facebook, but not on Vimeo is that correct?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

That is so odd, Christian. Are you viewing videos in an office scenario that could potentially be blocking access to aspects of our site?

Christian Vitt

Christian Vitt

I am currently on vacation and use a foreign wireless network. Outside of Vimeo (Youtube or other sites) I got no problems. I'm leaving tomorrow and will try it again at home on my inernet connection. Let's see if something changes. Thanks for your efforts so far! :)

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Sorry for the continued trouble. Safe travels, and let us know if the issue continues when you return.

Matt Subieta

Matt Subieta

I have the same issue with my video too. It worked perfectly for one year and suddenly "Sorry. There was an error encountered while loading this video."

It's a password protected file, so cannot post it here.

Kagi Media

Kagi Media

i just got same error switching from hd and back on simple embed

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.