webvid.co.uk

webvid.co.uk

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum...but I have to ask the question for the last time for the many vimeo video users who are hanging on waiting for any news...

Why does you system still put videos out of sync with the audio. When uploading to youtube, it's perfect??? So it can't be a problem with our videos.

I'm not going to pass on urls to you yet again, as the other ones I've flagged have never been sorted out. What I, and the countless others, need to know is....

Is it worth continuing to pay for a vimeo plus account if our videos are not working properly?

&

Will it ever be sorted?

I have followed all your guidelines for all the programs and still it doesn't work - so please can you come forward, admit the problem and tell us more details.

Yours, waiting for a very quick reply,

Neil

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Neil, can you provide a link to a specific video you're having sync issues with?

PointShoot

PointShoot

Hey there,
I have this problem with all the videos we upload, they go out of sync. I've tried a countless different software for exporting and on my side everything is perfect, but once I upload to vimeo, it goes out of sync.
I've also tried on safari and chrome. same.
Lokks like there's something wrong in the vimeo conversion process.

I've made some research on the forums and it seems that a lot of people are experiencing the same issue.

So please, is there something that you're working on or that you know?

This is a major problem for us as we use a pro account and upload a lot of videos to show to our customers and it really makes our life hard with this now.

Thank you.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Can you provide a link to a specific video where the audio and video are out of sync the worst?

Mark

Mark Staff

Pretty bizarre. I'll have our encoding engineer look into this.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thank you for providing the link. What program(s) are you using to edit and compress your videos?

PointShoot

PointShoot

Hi Darnell, We edit on FcP7 and use exactly what vimeo suggest.
But mainly just Quicktime 7 or Adobe media encoder. I definitely don't believe it's a matter of software though. Because my exports are perfectly in sync. It's just once it's on vimeo that the things goes wrong.

Gestion Alain Caron

Gestion Alain Caron PRO

Hello,

We have the same problem here.

Most of our recent videos are out of sync; it may happen towards the end of the video, but some are out of sync almost from the start.

Here's a link to an out of sync video (it's almost the only one we can watch right now, too) : vimeo.com/44451345 (in the last half of the video).
As a side note, we've been told that there are many of our videos having the out of sync problem, but when we try to read them, we get "Sorry - There was an error encountered while loading this video" almost every single time.

This particular video is confirmed to be out of sync in Chrome, Firefox, Safari (Mac) and Internet Explorer 8 (all using Flash player) so it may not be a problem with the browser.

The videos were created with iMovie 2011 (version 9.0.4) and were perfectly synched. Then, we compressed them with Handbrake (version 0.9.6) following Vimeo Compression Guidelines and again, the sync seemed perfect.

If you need any additional information, we'll be glad to provide it. Thank you!

Ethan Frederick Greene

Ethan Frederick Greene

Hi all,
I've been having a similar problem -- videos out of sync -- but they seem to have been fixed. Only problem now is my videos are just silent for the first 0:07 or so. I've attached an example. Please help!
-Ethan

Link: vimeo.com/44827879

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Ethan, what software did you use to edit/compress your video?

Francis Mead

Francis Mead Plus

I'm having the same problem - cut on FCP7, perfectly in sync on original - perfectly in sync on youtube, but out of sync on vimeo - please advise. video: the deaf Finnish rapper, vimeo.com/home/myvideos

Francis Mead

Francis Mead Plus

re my previous post, compressed on MPEG streamclip, setting: H264

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Francis, this looks to be caused by your video's compression settings. What software did you use to edit/compress your video?

Francis Mead

Francis Mead Plus

MPEG streamclip - I think I set it to H264, Quicktime - it was edited on FCP7 -

Farrelly

Farrelly

the sync issue is unbelievable! i've exported multiple ways, formats, followed your criteria to a T. plays fine on export, upload and it's out of sync, sometimes just a beat other times way off. i've uploaded to you tube and it all works fine. i do like vimeo, i hope you fix it soon so i can come back.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.